Liadri the Dark, Why?

Why is her Vision of Mortality hit boxes so big???

Every time you think you have enough space (1-2 feet). You get hit. This in fine and dandy for the regular AP, but doing the 8 orb hit gets frustrating really fast. Meanwhile my sword can't hit those orbs unless I'm kissing them.

The AP is fine in itself. But when you don't know where the bounds of what you can do, quickly becomes broken.

Out of 60 tries. Only to managed to get the 8 orb prerequisite twice, maybe? I can't tell, as there is no indicator of how many times she has been debuffed. Killing her and not getting the ap, because I miscounted.

I'm know i'm on the cusp of getting this AP, but I'm certainly not happy about it lol.

They actually explode when they are close to you. The delay to their explosion is the same delay it takes for them to get a new movement "input" (they walk into one direction for 2~ seconds before changing direction)

Try using something like a shield/block and run into them to explode them safely before throwing if you can't get a clear throw.

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> They actually explode when they are close to you. The delay to their explosion is the same delay it takes for them to get a new movement "input" (they walk into one direction for 2~ seconds before changing direction)

>

> Try using something like a shield/block and run into them to explode them safely before throwing if you can't get a clear throw.

>

>

I see... Yeah I throw when I have like a couple of feet from me. But with the 1 second delay of picking up the kitten thing, and another to throw just makes things worse. (Along with the crystal disappearing in my hands mid throw as it times out) it's getting on my nerves pretty bad. I haven't expletive this much since my Hardcore play through of Dead Space.

If it weren't for the timer, I would take my time. But I can't. My best attempt was 18% hp left before the clock ran out.

> @"rwolf.9571" said:

> > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > They actually explode when they are close to you. The delay to their explosion is the same delay it takes for them to get a new movement "input" (they walk into one direction for 2~ seconds before changing direction)

> >

> > Try using something like a shield/block and run into them to explode them safely before throwing if you can't get a clear throw.

> >

> >

>

> I see... Yeah I throw when I have like a couple of feet from me. But with the 1 second delay of picking up the kitten thing, and another to throw just makes things worse. (Along with the crystal disappearing in my hands mid throw as it times out) it's getting on my nerves pretty bad. I haven't expletive this much since my Hardcore play through of Dead Space.

>

> If it weren't for the timer, I would take my time. But I can't. My best attempt was 18% hp left before the clock ran out.

I know exactly what you mean. It took me around 450 attempts to kill her with the achievement and it was a time of pain. I had 2 seconds left on the timer as I threw the last one, Shadowfall downed me and my downstate attack finished her right before one of the visions would have killed me. I tried every character I have. Did it on my Spellbreaker, damaged her by spinning through with Greatsword and Fullcounter only, while focusing on the orbs. Also tried to hit the visions with my fullcounters so they get immobilized for a little bit with that trait. Sadly fullcounter itself does not block visions, I learned that the hard way

I agree that there should be something to show how many orbs you have hit her with, oddly enough I completed the achievement by accident as I thought I had only hit her with 7 orbs by the time she died from my conditions, so it seems I miss counted but fortunately in my favour.

Did 8 orbs yesterday on my necro, took me about 100 tickets to get there. The shadows can also be feared or cc'd to give you space or to pull them together. If you know what you're doing, you can make multiple phantasms hit the whirl, getting multiple crystals to throw, saving you time and effort. But it's a skill and positioning thing, I tried it maybe for 30 tries as a reaper(GS pull and Spectral Grasp) but then gave up on it, the fight was gimmicky enough without going for fancy starts. ;)

I think the achievement is in a good spot, after all it nets you 20AP, could have had a title attached to it but oh well. I had to think about a build that could do the things I needed, tweaked my gear, runes, sigils to make it fit, tried, failed, tried again and in the end got it done and it felt rewarding.

Finally beat her! It was my last set of tickets (another 50) and mindset of all or nothing. I feel a great burden has been lifted off me (as a completionist addict)

If anybody wants to see how I beat her with Condi Beserker, I've uploaded a video. Along with my build in the description.

Phew!

> @"rwolf.9571" said:

> Finally beat her!

Grats. :)

I found Liadri (even the 8 orbs challenge) much easier to handle than Turai Ossa, because you have a lot more time to (re)act. (Also, on a Thief, you can stealth before grabbing an orb and throwing it at her by using dagger skill 5 on a nearby Vision or on her.)