ANET, please change your agent in China?

Last weekend's Chinajoy2018, KongZhong purchased a full-page webpage advertisement, which did not mention a word for GW2. There was no station in the whole activity.

![](https://i.redd.it/ibemwc9gwde11.jpg "")

![](https://i.redd.it/zosfpsc3xde11.png "")

![](https://i.redd.it/ax1uycp8xde11.png "")

![](https://i.redd.it/hsj1vkclxde11.png "")

Within KZW, the group that introduced GW2 to China has been fired two years ago, and all players know it. GW2 is now a leather bag company in hosting, no customer service, no after-sales, only lottery and recharge.

PVP has been completely smashed due to 4 players who hang up,Some PVP players left directly.

Today, the forum said that the daily active users of GW2 China server are less than 1,000 people. My feeling is that I organized a week of the wrath of the snake, and I have pulled up to 15 players.

!KZW sells legendary props, internal personnel hacking, pampering plug-ins and PVP hangs, hiring network cloud players to maliciously attack ordinary players, recharge and send gems to malicious inflation. Causes a large number of players to leave.

The contract between ANE and KZW will expire in 2018, and I hope that ANET will seriously consider the choice of Chinese agents.

My suggestion is to choose Netease, CCP's EVE just completed the agent replacement, CCP chose NetEase.

Netease is the second largest game company in China. It has a good appreciative ability for games. The ability to attack and the studio is very good, which can guarantee the health of a game environment.

I think GW2 needs a version different from the US service in China, through time charges, not gem shops.

Time-based MMOs are recognized by Chinese players as the best charging model, WOW, FF14, JX3, are time charges.

Last month, a new MMO game with more than a few hundred thousand players voted, and chose a time charge instead of a gem store.This game allows players to charge for time. When the players enter the game and discover the gem store, and after various recharges, they are quickly unloaded and left.

You can change the Chinese agent when you release new materials, and all the skins in the gem store can be made a PVE reward, which does not require much work.

> @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> Well, if GW2 is doing so badly over there, I'm not sure other publishers there would want to pick it up. I also have to wonder if ArenaNet wants to continue there if it's doing that poorly.

KZW sells legendary props, internal personnel hacking, pampering plug-ins and PVP hangs, hiring network cloud players to maliciously attack ordinary players, recharge and send gems to malicious inflation. Causes a large number of players to leave.

In addition, Wang Leilei, the boss of KZW, his grandfather is a senior general of the Communist Party. This company relies on the background of the Communist Party.

Tbh the way gw2 works isnt really sub friendly. The game doesnt use things like gear threadmills to retain interest so i couod see ppl not paying sub after a while.

Its interesting tho that u guys over there alue subscriptions so much. I always thought u were more into cashshops.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> Tbh the way gw2 works isnt really sub friendly. The game doesnt use things like gear threadmills to retain interest so i couod see ppl not paying sub after a while.

>

> Its interesting tho that u guys over there alue subscriptions so much. I always thought u were more into cashshops.

Time payment allows the player to just enjoy the game, rather than being harassed by the agency with various top-up services.

I recognize this game, I will pay the monthly fee or the card, I don't approve that I will not pay. The one-time purchase of CDK has no motivation at all to encourage the development team to work hard.

Especially when there are no updates in the game for half a year, you find that the next update is a store update, and you will be mad at deleting the game.

The monthly fee is the easiest mode. I subscribe to the payment of 3 video sites, and it will automatically charge the fee. You will have no troubles when you spend money.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> Tbh the way gw2 works isnt really sub friendly. The game doesnt use things like gear threadmills to retain interest so i couod see ppl not paying sub after a while.

>

> Its interesting tho that u guys over there alue subscriptions so much. I always thought u were more into cashshops.

There is another reason. There are too many troubles in Chinese life. Playing games is just a matter of relaxation, rather than constantly making trouble for yourself.

For example, the legendary props, a very very troublesome process, you can hardly complete without reloading gold coins.

For example, RAID, Chinese people work hard during the day. If you want to enter a RAID team, it means that from Monday to Saturday, every night 8-11, you must be with your teammates. It is like going to work. . So RAID has only a few players.

Is the Chinese client not receiving the updates we receive? Because we surely have enjoyed updates more often than every 6 months.

And, if you are posting here, as you have been for quite some time, why not just play the Western version of the game? It's unlikely all the changes you have requested over the years will happen any time soon.

Good luck.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Is the Chinese client not receiving the updates we receive? Because we surely have enjoyed updates more often than every 6 months.

>

> And, if you are posting here, as you have been for quite some time, why not just play the Western version of the game? It's unlikely all the changes you have requested over the years will happen any time soon.

>

> Good luck.

Chinese servers are usually updated two days after the US service is updated, and the content of these updates is far from the standards that Chinese people need. The content is too small and the rewards are too bad. Perhaps the Chinese value the results.

In addition, I started playing Western games about 18 years ago, from StarCraft, Diablo 2, Warcraft 3, World of Warcraft, Lord of the Rings, DOTA, CS, LOL. . In addition, I think GW1 is much more fun than GW2. Everything about GW2 revolves around the mall, which is boring.

> @"alberte.2685" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > Is the Chinese client not receiving the updates we receive? Because we surely have enjoyed updates more often than every 6 months.

> >

> > And, if you are posting here, as you have been for quite some time, why not just play the Western version of the game? It's unlikely all the changes you have requested over the years will happen any time soon.

> >

> > Good luck.

>

> Chinese servers are usually updated two days after the US service is updated, and the content of these updates is far from the standards that Chinese people need. The content is too small and the rewards are too bad. Perhaps the Chinese value the results.

>

> In addition, I started playing Western games about 18 years ago, from StarCraft, Diablo 2, Warcraft 3, World of Warcraft, Lord of the Rings, DOTA, CS, LOL. . In addition, I think GW1 is much more fun than GW2. Everything about GW2 revolves around the mall, which is boring.

Sounds pretty consistent xd. As for gw1 being alot more fun, i guess it depends, gw1 is alot more grindy (which i personally dont mind) and was made at a time where cashshops werent the norm so new rewards would be in-game (most of the time).

In all honesty western world and asia tent to have very different preferences so i guess anet cant tell what exactly the chinese players want or has the resources to do so. They hardly have the resources for eu and na.

> @"alberte.2685" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > Tbh the way gw2 works isnt really sub friendly. The game doesnt use things like gear threadmills to retain interest so i couod see ppl not paying sub after a while.

> >

> > Its interesting tho that u guys over there alue subscriptions so much. I always thought u were more into cashshops.

>

> Time payment allows the player to just enjoy the game, rather than being harassed by the agency with various top-up services.

> I recognize this game, I will pay the monthly fee or the card, I don't approve that I will not pay. The one-time purchase of CDK has no motivation at all to encourage the development team to work hard.

> Especially when there are no updates in the game for half a year, you find that the next update is a store update, and you will be mad at deleting the game.

>

> The monthly fee is the easiest mode. I subscribe to the payment of 3 video sites, and it will automatically charge the fee. You will have no troubles when you spend money.

Tbf as much as i may not enjoy the oace new content gets added i cant say they've hit the 6 months period of no new content for a big while. I guess 6+ months for some specific content? Or any content?

> @"alberte.2685" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > Tbh the way gw2 works isnt really sub friendly. The game doesnt use things like gear threadmills to retain interest so i couod see ppl not paying sub after a while.

> >

> > Its interesting tho that u guys over there alue subscriptions so much. I always thought u were more into cashshops.

>

> There is another reason. There are too many troubles in Chinese life. Playing games is just a matter of relaxation, rather than constantly making trouble for yourself.

>

> For example, the legendary props, a very very troublesome process, you can hardly complete without reloading gold coins.

> For example, RAID, Chinese people work hard during the day. If you want to enter a RAID team, it means that from Monday to Saturday, every night 8-11, you must be with your teammates. It is like going to work. . So RAID has only a few players.

For gw2 raids i dont bekieve u need to have 3 hours every day for 5 to 6 days a week free just to raid. Here on eu at least guilds can clear in a 3 hour session in a day or maybe 2 days.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Then, it sounds like GW2 isn't meeting your expectations, and it isn't a Chinese client issue, at all.

There are some that do not meet my expectations, but at least I am still playing GW2. And 99% of the players left directly. The purpose of my post is to hope that ANET will save GW2's Chinese server. If it can't, it will be OK to open an Asian server in Korea.

The Chinese server was very disgusting by KZW.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"alberte.2685" said:

> > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > Tbh the way gw2 works isnt really sub friendly. The game doesnt use things like gear threadmills to retain interest so i couod see ppl not paying sub after a while.

> > >

> > > Its interesting tho that u guys over there alue subscriptions so much. I always thought u were more into cashshops.

> >

> > There is another reason. There are too many troubles in Chinese life. Playing games is just a matter of relaxation, rather than constantly making trouble for yourself.

> >

> > For example, the legendary props, a very very troublesome process, you can hardly complete without reloading gold coins.

> > For example, RAID, Chinese people work hard during the day. If you want to enter a RAID team, it means that from Monday to Saturday, every night 8-11, you must be with your teammates. It is like going to work. . So RAID has only a few players.

>

> For gw2 raids i dont bekieve u need to have 3 hours every day for 5 to 6 days a week free just to raid. Here on eu at least guilds can clear in a 3 hour session in a day or maybe 2 days.

When you become a skilled player, you can do it in half a day. But before that, you have to do RAID every day like you go to work. No one will set you up unless you have a 200+ legend. In addition, the number of Chinese servers is far less than that of the US service, and the number of active people per day is less than 1,000.

So a simple and difficult RAID is very important for Chinese servers. This allows more players to participate in the game instead of leaving the game (of course I agree that RAID needs to be difficult)

> @"alberte.2685" said:

> > Then, it sounds like GW2 isn't meeting your expectations, and it isn't a Chinese client issue, at all.

>

> There are some that do not meet my expectations, but at least I am still playing GW2. And 99% of the players left directly. The purpose of my post is to hope that ANET will save GW2's Chinese server. If it can't, it will be OK to open an Asian server in Korea.

>

> The Chinese server was very disgusting by KZW.

If 99% left there's nothing to save.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > Then, it sounds like GW2 isn't meeting your expectations, and it isn't a Chinese client issue, at all.

> >

> > There are some that do not meet my expectations, but at least I am still playing GW2. And 99% of the players left directly. The purpose of my post is to hope that ANET will save GW2's Chinese server. If it can't, it will be OK to open an Asian server in Korea.

> >

> > The Chinese server was very disgusting by KZW.

>

> If 99% left there's nothing to save.

In addition to LOL, NDF, and CF, the most active games in China are 4 MMOs. The MMO market in China is far more important than MOBA.

The key to the problem lies in the Gem Mall, shutting down the Gem Mall, making a version different from the US service, charging time, and replacing the agent. problem solved! ! ! Have to hurry before the new MMO of RIOT comes out.

The quality of Guild Wars 2 should be a game with 200,000 monthly active users (China only)

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > Then, it sounds like GW2 isn't meeting your expectations, and it isn't a Chinese client issue, at all.

> >

> > There are some that do not meet my expectations, but at least I am still playing GW2. And 99% of the players left directly. The purpose of my post is to hope that ANET will save GW2's Chinese server. If it can't, it will be OK to open an Asian server in Korea.

> >

> > The Chinese server was very disgusting by KZW.

>

> If 99% left there's nothing to save.

FF14 almost died in China. Especially the 1.0 version is very bad. After the agent team admitted the mistake and communicated with the players, the 3.0 and 4.0 versions of the FF14 have a very good reputation. The environment is healthy and the number of players has increased.

> @"alberte.2685" said:

> > Is the Chinese client not receiving the updates we receive? Because we surely have enjoyed updates more often than every 6 months.

> >

> > And, if you are posting here, as you have been for quite some time, why not just play the Western version of the game? It's unlikely all the changes you have requested over the years will happen any time soon.

> >

> > Good luck.

>

> Chinese servers are usually updated two days after the US service is updated, and the content of these updates is far from the standards that Chinese people need. The content is too small and the rewards are too bad. Perhaps the Chinese value the results.

>

> In addition, I started playing Western games about 18 years ago, from StarCraft, Diablo 2, Warcraft 3, World of Warcraft, Lord of the Rings, DOTA, CS, LOL. . In addition, I think GW1 is much more fun than GW2. Everything about GW2 revolves around the mall, which is boring.

Here is something i don't understand - on one hand you say Chinese don't have time to invest big time because they have to work, yet on the other hand you say they are not satisfied by the patches of GW2.

You also say for example legendary process is too hard without gold from buying gems - and want it integrated in game. This can only mean you want to make the process of farming items, legendaries etc. much easier.

You do realize, GW2 isn't driven like most other MMO's who are gear focused, where content updates with newer and better gear come more frequently? And that to make everything easier to get by hand will just mean players run out of things to do`since the long-term game is all about acquiring those non-needed perfections of your characters?

Personally i find GW2 model one of the most respectful of players i have seen in a good game - i get the best of all. Buy it and i can play it without need for subscription - it doesn't destroy my characters or progress every few months i can come back and leave as i want. Is it not possible that chinese players will figure out that the model of this game is actually fair and not some abusing gemshop like archeage that forces you to spend to be competititive? That it isn't a game made for constant updates of big new higher tier content, but that there is still so much to do in-game that they will probably never finish? That BiS stat-geared isn't that hard to come by and doesn't need gemshop, but improving your character with the best looks, non-required convenience items etc is what really takes the time in this game?

Really nice post you make btw, very interesting to see the differences and i do hope they find another publisher.

> @"Crackmonster.2790" said:

> > > Is the Chinese client not receiving the updates we receive? Because we surely have enjoyed updates more often than every 6 months.

> > >

> > > And, if you are posting here, as you have been for quite some time, why not just play the Western version of the game? It's unlikely all the changes you have requested over the years will happen any time soon.

> > >

> > > Good luck.

> >

> > Chinese servers are usually updated two days after the US service is updated, and the content of these updates is far from the standards that Chinese people need. The content is too small and the rewards are too bad. Perhaps the Chinese value the results.

> >

> > In addition, I started playing Western games about 18 years ago, from StarCraft, Diablo 2, Warcraft 3, World of Warcraft, Lord of the Rings, DOTA, CS, LOL. . In addition, I think GW1 is much more fun than GW2. Everything about GW2 revolves around the mall, which is boring.

>

> Here is something i don't understand - on one hand you say Chinese don't have time to invest big time because they have to work, yet on the other hand you say they are not satisfied by the patches of GW2.

> You also say for example legendary process is too hard without gold from buying gems - and want it integrated in game. This can only mean you want to make the process of farming items, legendaries etc. much easier.

> You do realize, GW2 isn't driven like most other MMO's who are gear focused, where content updates with newer and better gear come more frequently? And that to make everything easier to get by hand will just mean players run out of things to do`since the long-term game is all about acquiring those non-needed perfections of your characters?

>

> Personally i find GW2 model one of the most respectful of players i have seen in a good game - i get the best of all. Buy it and i can play it without need for subscription - it doesn't destroy my characters or progress every few months i can come back and leave as i want. Is it not possible that chinese players will figure out that the model of this game is actually fair and not some abusing gemshop like archeage that forces you to spend to be competititive? That it isn't a game made for constant updates of big new higher tier content, but that there is still so much to do in-game that they will probably never finish? That BiS stat-geared isn't that hard to come by and doesn't need gemshop, but improving your character with the best looks, non-required convenience items etc is what really takes the time in this game?

>

> Really nice post you make btw, very interesting to see the differences and i do hope they find another publisher.

In the past few days, I have realized a problem from history. China, India, Egypt, and Babylon are all based on agricultural civilization. The 4,000-year history has made Chinese people accustomed to self-sufficiency, have a field, grow their own crops, and harvest themselves. It is a habit of history. Therefore, Chinese players like to get “reward” through their own “labor”. “Labor” is considered to be glorious and necessary in China.

The history of Europe and the United States is Greek civilization. Greece does not have open land. It can only obtain the necessities of life, trade, or the habit of "shops" into history.

When in the game, the Chinese players get a lot of "labor" and the rewards are all "garbage". When almost nothing is gained, the fun of self-sufficiency is lost.

> @"alberte.2685" said:

> Therefore, Chinese players like to get “reward” through their own “labor”. “Labor” is considered to be glorious and necessary in China.

But that is _exactly_ what GW2 provides! You need to work for everything, achievements, best gear. You can't buy any of that from the Gem Store. You work hard for it and get rewarded at the end. (Of course, if you find the rewards to be insufficient, that's a different story.)

By the way, legendary weapons and armor cannot be achieved through gold alone, there is a lot of work involved as well. Also, you don't have to buy gold, if you don't want to, but can play the game to collect the amount you need.