Let's tone down the outfits

I wish we'd get less gimmicky, overly gaudy, stuff.

I mean, sure, there's plenty stuff which isn't, options, bla bla. But really the game looks **so** bad nowadays whenever players are around. Bright glowing white outfits with sparkles flying off everywhere, riding pink-glowing burning bunnies... what is happening? Where is that high fantasy MMORPG we used to play? When were all the graphics designers fired and an AI exclusively trained on LSD-induced paintings took over?

> @"Carighan.6758" said:

> I wish we'd get less gimmicky, overly gaudy, stuff.

>

> I mean, sure, there's plenty stuff which isn't, options, bla bla. But really the game looks **so** bad nowadays whenever players are around. Bright glowing white outfits with sparkles flying off everywhere, riding pink-glowing burning bunnies... what is happening? Where is that high fantasy MMORPG we used to play? When were all the graphics designers fired and an AI exclusively trained on LSD-induced paintings took over?

>When were all the graphics designers fired and an AI exclusively trained on LSD-induced paintings took over?

You make it sound like ANet is designing outfits with no input from sales. That’s exceptionally unlikely. Businesses follow the money. If that’s what sells then that’s what will be designed. If plain things brought in the cash then that’s what you’d see. A game that doesn’t have a subscription but is dependent between expansions on people buying from the gemstore is going to sell what people want.

> @"Chasind.3128" said:

> [Look Ma! No silly underboob](https://www.pinterest.com/pin/102527328993982638/ "Look Ma! No silly underboob")

>

Ha-ha-ha =)

It's been my dream for years to have some kind of undershirt cloth slot. Just to cover [Assassin Coat](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Assassin%27s_Coat "Assassin Coat") UnderBoob =)

Glad to see i am not alone in this.

> @"Ephemiel.5694" said:

> If they do that, then this little indie company may not have enough funds to keep the game up.

It's not an indie company, nor is it little...it is 100% owned by NCSoft(therefore not independent) and has somewhere around 300 - 400 employees(not small but not large either).

> @"DietPepsi.4371" said:

> It's been said before, but yes, this X 1000. Too many over the top options, not enough modest, tasteful options in this game. That's true for weapons and armour skins too, not just outfits.

There's tons of "modest, tasteful" skins (basically all the crafted stuff, for starters), you basically never see them for that exact reason, they're not interesting enough for most people to use.

> @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > they need to separate headgear, so we can use the outfit headgear on armor and vise versa.

>

> So what you're saying is we need a BlackLion hat box?

no, what i am saying is that we should be able to use armor head skins with outfits and vise verse.

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > they need to separate headgear, so we can use the outfit headgear on armor and vise versa.

> >

> > So what you're saying is we need a BlackLion hat box?

>

> no, what i am saying is that we should be able to use armor head skins with outfits and vise verse.

Already been answered by devs that the outfits use a separate system from the armor skin system, which is part of why it is quicker to churn them out [not having to deal with each piece clipping also helps, but realise the base armor system is largely legacy design; if you look at the legacy armor skins you got with GW2 Heroic edition, you might notice their texturing is a lot cleaner than that found on most of the other base game armors]. Honestly I'd settle for them importing more of the GW1 'Elite' armor skins as gem store skins; given the legacy code is *from GW1* and the oddly inconsistent texturing on the three known directly copied armor skins from GW1, I suspect the armors from that are at least partially importable, and there were some very nice armor sets in that game... some that would need to be avoided too [anything for the female elementalist: that istan elementalist outfit? It's more modest than the actual GW1 Istani armor set it was based off was.] but most in the elite category were better than what GW2 provides now.

> @"Girlyvader.9078" said:

> > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> > > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > > they need to separate headgear, so we can use the outfit headgear on armor and vise versa.

> > >

> > > So what you're saying is we need a BlackLion hat box?

> >

> > no, what i am saying is that we should be able to use armor head skins with outfits and vise verse.

>

> Already been answered by devs that the outfits use a separate system from the armor skin system, which is part of why it is quicker to churn them out [not having to deal with each piece clipping also helps, but realise the base armor system is largely legacy design; if you look at the legacy armor skins you got with GW2 Heroic edition, you might notice their texturing is a lot cleaner than that found on most of the other base game armors]. Honestly I'd settle for them importing more of the GW1 'Elite' armor skins as gem store skins; given the legacy code is *from GW1* and the oddly inconsistent texturing on the three known directly copied armor skins from GW1, I suspect the armors from that are at least partially importable, and there were some very nice armor sets in that game... some that would need to be avoided too [anything for the female elementalist: that istan elementalist outfit? It's more modest than the actual GW1 Istani armor set it was based off was.] but most in the elite category were better than what GW2 provides now.

Not completely true, there was a bug/glitch a few years back you could do with outfits and headgear. Involving swapping between outfit on/off while under water. It would glitch out and let you wear your normal head gear on the outfit. So the systems are quite similar just by alone being able to click the head gear to off removes the head gear of the outfit. Adding a correct channel though to allow 3 choices instead of 2 may be the problem.

> @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> There's tons of "modest, tasteful" skins (basically all the crafted stuff, for starters), you basically never see them for that exact reason, they're not interesting enough for most people to use.

>

The basic crafted skins are that: Basic. They may be modest, but they lack the intricacy and detailing of other high-end modest armour skins that make them look visually appealing. e.g. Chainmail chestpiece vs Phalanx chestpiece.

> @"Girlyvader.9078" said:

> > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> > > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > > they need to separate headgear, so we can use the outfit headgear on armor and vise versa.

> > >

> > > So what you're saying is we need a BlackLion hat box?

> >

> > no, what i am saying is that we should be able to use armor head skins with outfits and vise verse.

>

> Already been answered by devs that the outfits use a separate system from the armor skin system, which is part of why it is quicker to churn them out [not having to deal with each piece clipping also helps, but realise the base armor system is largely legacy design; if you look at the legacy armor skins you got with GW2 Heroic edition, you might notice their texturing is a lot cleaner than that found on most of the other base game armors]. Honestly I'd settle for them importing more of the GW1 'Elite' armor skins as gem store skins; given the legacy code is *from GW1* and the oddly inconsistent texturing on the three known directly copied armor skins from GW1, I suspect the armors from that are at least partially importable, and there were some very nice armor sets in that game... some that would need to be avoided too [anything for the female elementalist: that istan elementalist outfit? It's more modest than the actual GW1 Istani armor set it was based off was.] but most in the elite category were better than what GW2 provides now.

GW1 has this system for quite some time already and since GW2 is made on top of GW1 the code already exists, it's more a matter of taking the time to use this system and intergrade it in GW2.

I just wish they'd think a little more about the headpieces. So many outfits I haven't bought because the head piece is overly large or extreme - like the most recent one. It's ok with some because you can at least hide the head, but then i'm left wishing I could use one of my other head piece skins in place.