Specific Ele Buffs We'd Like to See.

Poelala.2830

**WEAPON SKILLS**

Reduce the Cooldown of Steam Surge from 18 to 12 seconds. Increase the duration of the water field to 4 seconds while reducing the heal per interval by half.

Reduce the Cooldown of Mud Slide from 20 to 15 seconds.

Increase the blind duration of Ashen Blast from 3 seconds to 5. Increase the stack of burn from 1 to 2.

Increase the radius of Grinding Stones to 240.

Decrease the Cooldown of Updraft from 40 seconds to 30 seconds.

Reduce the cast time of Churning Earth from 2 seconds to 1.5 seconds.

Replace the skill "Fire Shield" with "Fire Fissure" And the functionality of this skill is a 900 range tracking skill that hits foe for x damage. Apples x amount of burning for y seconds and applies 1/2 seconds of daze.

Burning Retreat's cooldown is increased to 30 seconds. This skill now has a charge of 2.

Replace the skill "Magnetic Aura" with "Magnetic Armor" And the functionality of this skill is a reflect as it is now and a block for three hits. If the armor is not broken, it will push away nearby (600 range) foes 240 units.

Replace "Shocking Aura" with "Static Armor" And the functionality of this skill is the same as Shocking Aura, but it applies 3 stacks of Vulnerability for each time you are hit.

Replace "Frost Aura" with "Ice Armor" And the functionality of this skill is the same as Frost Aura, but you are healed for a small amount each time you are struck. You also have -10% condition damage reduction.

**UTILITY SKILLS**

Reduce the cooldown of Arcane Power from 45 seconds to 30.

Increase the charge of Arcane Blast from 2 to 3.

Increase the charge of Arcane Wave from 2 to 3.

Reduce the cooldown of Cleansing Fire from 40 to 30 seconds.

Change the functionality of Conjure Weapons to now act as a secondary weapon for its duration, allowing the elementalist to swap to his or her conjured weapon at any point and as many times as he or she pleases. The cooldown on the swap is 10 seconds when swapping to a Conjured Weapon, but only a 5 second cooldown when swapping to your main set.

Increase the duration of certain conditions for Glyph of Elemental Power. Burning increased from 3 to 4 seconds. Vulnerability increased from 5 to 8 seconds. Bleed increased from 6 to 8 seconds. Stack of bleeding from this skill increased from 1 to 2.

Reduced the cooldown of Tornado from 90 to 60 seconds.

Reduced the cooldown of Conjure Fiery Greatsword from 180 seconds to 60 seconds.

Unravel: Changed the functionality to allow a full attunement on the next two swap attempts, instead of a 5 second duration on a full attunement.

**TRAITS**

Conjurer: Gain a boon on an interval while wielding a conjured weapon based on the attunement of the weapon. Conjure Flame Axe: Gain 3 stacks of might for 5 seconds on a 3 second interval. Conjure Frost Bow: Gain 1 second of Resistance on a 3 second interval. Conjure Lightning Hammer: Gain 2 seconds of quickness on a 3 second interval. Gain 3 seconds of protection on a 3 second interval.

One With Fire: Fire Shields you grant have increased duration and grant might. Granting any other aura grants reduced might. Cantrips grant fire aura on cast to allies near you (360 radius).

Inscription: Gain a boon while casting a glyph based on your attunement. You are now able to cast 2 glyphs of different attunements. Glyphs have reduced recharge. (This means you can have glyph of elemental power casted in earth and that go on a 20 second cooldown, then swap to air and cast that and all GoEP's go on a 20 second cooldown.)

Reduced the cooldown of Tempest Defense to 35 seconds.

Serrated Stones: Increased the damage modifier of this trait from 5% to 10% to match a similar trait in fire. Increased the damage of your bleeding by 20%.

Rock Solid: Grant stability when attuning to earth. Granting stability now stunbreaks nearby allies. (240 radius) (This not only would mean one would stunbreak when attuning to earth, but one would also stunbreak on stability applications of stances with weaver. Stability duration increased from 2.5 to 6 seconds.

Arcane Prowess: Gain might AND fury when switching attunements. (might is the same as it is now and fury is the same as it was before)

Weaver: Recharge time on attunements changed from 4 seconds to 3 to further promote a smooth gameplay experience and so allow greater diversity for combinations (like comboing Riptide with Earthern Vortex and Flame Uprising to execute two finishers in one field, like engineer does with its heal)

(I left tempest out because quite frankly, there's so much I'd change about it that it'd warrant its own post)

Good mix i must say some a bit much but that could be worked out.

My though would be more game combat system changing. I would like to see fields and combos become stronger over all maybe your armor ideal not auras (btw i love that you changed there names as auras in gw2 act like armor). I would also like to see charge effects like arcain power glyph of elemental power even thf venomes become eat charged per attk or per hit not per person hit leaving room for aoe attks not to counter your own effect.

Every thing else on ele with small number updates is too far out of my ability to balances i can only speak to large strokes effects.

I'd like ele to be the master of elements. Guards can do more burns and Necro can do more chill at this point. Why is water only for healing/cleansing? A very high pressured water jet can cut through anything. An Ice wall to block projectiles maybe? More Fire, more ice, more lightning, I want to bring apocalypse on the battlefield!

Edit: I can't think of anything too specific, it would just set my hopes high for nothing.

> @"MyPuppy.8970" said:

> I'd like ele to be the master of elements. Guards can do more burns and Necro can do more chill at this point. Why is water only for healing/cleansing? A very high pressured water jet can cut through anything. An Ice wall to block projectiles maybe? More Fire, more ice, more lightning, I want to bring apocalypse on the battlefield!

>

> Edit: I can't think of anything too specific, it would just set my hopes high for nothing.

Elementalist has tons of potential for ideas, but the balance team never does anything different with the class. From water alone you could have enemies drowning, knockbacks, boiling water that causes burning, whirlpools that suck enemies in, and even acidic water if they went for a volcano themed spec. This is all using water and not even considering ice, much less even mentioning the rest of the attunements. What a waste of potential.

> @"Poelala.2830" said:

> **WEAPON SKILLS**

> Reduce the Cooldown of Steam Surge from 18 to 12 seconds. Increase the duration of the water field to 4 seconds while reducing the heal per interval by half.

> Reduce the Cooldown of Mud Slide from 20 to 15 seconds.

> Increase the blind duration of Ashen Blast from 3 seconds to 5. Increase the stack of burn from 1 to 2.

> Increase the radius of Grinding Stones to 240.

> Decrease the Cooldown of Updraft from 40 seconds to 30 seconds.

> Reduce the cast time of Churning Earth from 2 seconds to 1.5 seconds.

> Burning Retreat's cooldown is increased to 30 seconds. This skill now has a charge of 2.

Agree to those.

> Replace the skill "Fire Shield" with "Fire Fissure" And the functionality of this skill is a 900 range tracking skill that hits foe for x damage. Apples x amount of burning for y seconds and applies 1/2 seconds of daze.

> Replace the skill "Magnetic Aura" with "Magnetic Armor" And the functionality of this skill is a reflect as it is now and a block for three hits. If the armor is not broken, it will push away nearby (600 range) foes 240 units.

> Replace "Shocking Aura" with "Static Armor" And the functionality of this skill is the same as Shocking Aura, but it applies 3 stacks of Vulnerability for each time you are hit.

> Replace "Frost Aura" with "Ice Armor" And the functionality of this skill is the same as Frost Aura, but you are healed for a small amount each time you are struck. You also have -10% condition damage reduction.

My issue with those is that these skills effect might not be considered anymore as aura by aura trait and thus it become a net nerf to tempest which don't really need nerfs.

> **UTILITY SKILLS**

> Reduce the cooldown of Arcane Power from 45 seconds to 30.

Agree.

> Increase the charge of Arcane Blast from 2 to 3.

> Increase the charge of Arcane Wave from 2 to 3.

Not sure it's necessary.

> Reduce the cooldown of Cleansing Fire from 40 to 30 seconds.

Agree.

> Change the functionality of Conjure Weapons to now act as a secondary weapon for its duration, allowing the elementalist to swap to his or her conjured weapon at any point and as many times as he or she pleases. The cooldown on the swap is 10 seconds when swapping to a Conjured Weapon, but only a 5 second cooldown when swapping to your main set.

That would be marvelous. Something asked since launch.

> Increase the duration of certain conditions for Glyph of Elemental Power. Burning increased from 3 to 4 seconds. Vulnerability increased from 5 to 8 seconds. Bleed increased from 6 to 8 seconds. Stack of bleeding from this skill increased from 1 to 2.

Agree.

> Reduced the cooldown of Tornado from 90 to 60 seconds.

> Reduced the cooldown of Conjure Fiery Greatsword from 180 seconds to 60 seconds.

Nope. The change on fiery GS is not necessary with the previous change to conjure weapon.

> Unravel: Changed the functionality to allow a full attunement on the next two swap attempts, instead of a 5 second duration on a full attunement.

No comment, I neither agree nor disagree with that.

> **TRAITS**

> Conjurer: Gain a boon on an interval while wielding a conjured weapon based on the attunement of the weapon. Conjure Flame Axe: Gain 3 stacks of might for 5 seconds on a 3 second interval. Conjure Frost Bow: Gain 1 second of Resistance on a 3 second interval. Conjure Lightning Hammer: Gain 2 seconds of quickness on a 3 second interval. Gain 3 seconds of protection on a 3 second interval.

With the change to conjure weapon skills, it might be better to keep the current trait as it is instead of what you suggest.

> One With Fire: Fire Shields you grant have increased duration and grant might. Granting any other aura grants reduced might. Cantrips grant fire aura on cast to allies near you (360 radius).

There is already a trait for cantrips, this wouldn't be a good thing to add to the game, it might make cantrips mandatory again.

> Inscription: Gain a boon while casting a glyph based on your attunement. You are now able to cast 2 glyphs of different attunements. Glyphs have reduced recharge. (This means you can have glyph of elemental power casted in earth and that go on a 20 second cooldown, then swap to air and cast that and all GoEP's go on a 20 second cooldown.)

Probably overcomplicated. Why not just increase by X% glyph's effectiveness? Glyph of elemental attunment gain x charges, stroms from glyph of storm last longer, Elementals stay longer... etc.

> Reduced the cooldown of Tempest Defense to 35 seconds.

I think anet normalized the cool down of most of the traits of the same kind not long ago to 90s. It would be better not to point out to anet that they forgot this one instead of asking for a buff there.

> Serrated Stones: Increased the damage modifier of this trait from 5% to 10% to match a similar trait in fire. Increased the damage of your bleeding by 20%.

I'd rather see _earthen blast_ apply 3 bleed stacks for 10 seconds instead to match geomancy sigil.

> Rock Solid: Grant stability when attuning to earth. Granting stability now stunbreaks nearby allies. (240 radius) (This not only would mean one would stunbreak when attuning to earth, but one would also stunbreak on stability applications of stances with weaver. Stability duration increased from 2.5 to 6 seconds.

Agree for the stunbreak. Not sure the increased duration is needed.

> Arcane Prowess: Gain might AND fury when switching attunements. (might is the same as it is now and fury is the same as it was before)

Agree.

> Weaver: Recharge time on attunements changed from 4 seconds to 3 to further promote a smooth gameplay experience and so allow greater diversity for combinations (like comboing Riptide with Earthern Vortex and Flame Uprising to execute two finishers in one field, like engineer does with its heal)

>

> (I left tempest out because quite frankly, there's so much I'd change about it that it'd warrant its own post)

>

Edit: On tempest topic, I think the main issue isn't tempest but the fact that anet push auras as an elementalist's thing. Tempest would see a lot more use if auras were more meaningfull in general and specifically for other professions. By making some other profession's traits/effects dependant on having an aura, the tempest would be shot into a pretty good spot as a support, without being necessarily mandatory.

A good example could be to replace the life treshold of the scholar runes 6th bonus by the necessity to have an aura on you. Warrior's _pinacle of strength_ could grant 250 power while under the effect of an aura instead of tying it to might, Engineer could make use of auras as well (flammethrower and holosmith seem perfect to introduce auras to the profession), Necromancer could really use some trait changes that would make auras interesting for him... etc. Aura aren't necessarily difficult to gain for almost all professions making them more valuable for all professions via their trait wouldn't make the elementalist/tempest OP but he would help a lot for the team quality of life.

I just want to use it again as i used to do before the nuke of ele. I mean, either rework conjures so they are easier to "use" so they lower the skill-cap of the profession and let is sit at the same DPS as now, OR buff back some of the skills to a normal sober minded level and let ele be the hard but rewarding profession, because as of now, ele is being outdamaged by almost every other profession because of the boss movement vs conjure/AoE placement(this is true even if we dont take deadeye into count, and yes ofc its not true if we talk about pro ele players)

> @"Chasind.3128" said:

> I'd rather be OP than what ele is now. A jack of all trades but a master of none. Nowhere close. Nope, not even in dps.

The Jack of All Trades is called a Mesmer.

I can' already see people QQing OP on these.

Anyways, I like most of this especially the making Conjure Weapons turn into weapon set 2 instead of dropping on the ground.

Also it would also be nice to have the GoLE to be more sustainable. Idk make their summon cooldown start as soon as you cast them. So if they die before their duration, cooldown in the background would still be going.

Also I wish Tornado has some kind of PULL INWARDS skill to match its theme.

i tried to make solid review of useless ele traits but looking at the lines in itself they are all not too bad actually.

the worst thing i actually could find was the trait ideas in fire line circling around fire auras on conjure usage that could be replaced immediatly.

every line in it self looks ok-ish to solid.

the big problem of ele is that you are forced into water for the condi removal (pvp) and arcana for global cd reduction (pvp&pve).

the easiest fix is what all eles had in my mind after the betas:

**Woven Stride** make it a condi clear on regen **OR** swiftness as initially stated (opens up air/fire/earth for pvp, and better survival for open world pve)

**Reduce Global CD for Weaver** to 3sec base (opens up air/earth for pve and air/earth/water for pvp)

especially the global cd reduction would open up immediate usage of other lines than arcana and from there on further balance is possible.

for the future i'd like to see a change of water line to further support the ideas of tempest and auras and get the aura ideas in other lines replaced by new traits.

I'd like to see a rework of combos or more buffs; it's a shame we have to perform a full rotation of 36 keys, sometimes wiht no consideration of enemy position or buff, to earn ~12 mights in fights but the guy in face just have to press 3 skills to get perma quickness, stab, fury, mights, protection, regen (who said Holo ?) ...