1 up 1 down needs to go asap

Brian.1289

> @"BlueMelody.6398" said:

> > @"Doo Lally.8594" said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > >...........

> > >

> > > Mag it's likely because of coverage, though they were in first and solidly second before it became possible for BG to drop from T1

> >

> > Was logged in last evening on both EBG and Mag home BL - emptier than my heart. I'm on FC so could be coverage, could be Mag super-secret tanking Plan #1 which we are not privy to. ;)

>

> Unlike other servers, Mag's "coverage" deficiency isn't about time zone, it's about time of the week:

>

> Reset through following Wed -- high coverage

> Thu/Fri -- everyone disappears

>

> Guess everyone on Mag works 2 x 24 on those 2 days.

>

> All I know is Mag was solidly ahead until the last 18 or so skirmishes, then suddenly placed 3rd for almost the entire final 24 hours enabling them to drop behind NSP. You can call it "coverage", but I have a very different word for it.

It's called being tired in my case. I always take Thursdays and Fridays off, helps me maintain my sanity when playing this game.

> @"BlueMelody.6398" said:

> > @"Doo Lally.8594" said:

> > > >...........

> > >

> > > Mag it's likely because of coverage, though they were in first and solidly second before it became possible for BG to drop from T1

> >

> > Was logged in last evening on both EBG and Mag home BL - emptier than my heart. I'm on FC so could be coverage, could be Mag super-secret tanking Plan #1 which we are not privy to. ;)

>

> Unlike other servers, Mag's "coverage" deficiency isn't about time zone, it's about time of the week:

>

> Reset through following Wed -- high coverage

> Thu/Fri -- everyone disappears

>

> Guess everyone on Mag works 2 x 24 on those 2 days.

>

> All I know is Mag was solidly ahead until the last 18 or so skirmishes, then suddenly placed 3rd for almost the entire final 24 hours enabling them to drop behind NSP. You can call it "coverage", but I have a very different word for it.

If you seriously believe Mag would start tanking after seeing that Kaineng would be dropping to t3 this week, there's no reason trying to explain anything to you. I'm sure you also believe Mag losing two of it's more formidable fight guilds just recently was also just a part of their master plan to tank. Mag is no longer the Mag that farmed your bags a couple months ago, it's time to let go of whatever hard-on you have for us.

The only problem I have is, when your server gets bandwagoned and you end up in T1 until the end of the relink. T1 means you just have one new server every week, most of the same servers every other week, it gets quite boring, because no other servers can or tries to push for T1 and there is only one server that tryhards ppt in T1 now.

> @"Israel.7056" said:

> > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > Fun fact: If you don't build your server to play the game mode as intended, you will reap what you sow in the end ...

>

> Aka buy more asians and australians.

Truth^

For every asian/australian player you have. 4 primetime players will bandwagon for them.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"Brian.1289" said:

> > this week is a perfect example of servers avoiding playing a decent match in t1

>

> Who's avoiding a good match in T1?

Let me guess: It's the super-stacked, all map-queue, 100-man BG blob refuses to PPT, defend their T3 keeps and only shows up for open-field fights? (/s)

Honestly though, there are simply not enough coverage or people to care fighting a 20-man zerg come knocking at the deadiest of hours.

On discord, at 5:20 AM: @here 30+ blue zerg at North Hill, 4 cats, gate 35% going fast. Need all to help.

- Me: dude, not now. Just let it go...

> @"Iris Ng.9845" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"Brian.1289" said:

> > > this week is a perfect example of servers avoiding playing a decent match in t1

> >

> > Who's avoiding a good match in T1?

>

> Let me guess: It's the super-stacked, all map-queue, 100-man BG blob refuses to PPT, defend their T3 keeps and only shows up for open-field fights? (/s)

> Honestly though, there are simply not enough coverage or people to care fighting a 20-man zerg come knocking at the deadiest of hours.

>

> On discord, at 5:20 AM: @here 30+ blue zerg at North Hill, 4 cats, gate 35% going fast. Need all to help.

> - Me: dude, not now. Just let it go...

Ikr? BG has lower activity than 5 'worlds' right now and are still higher in KDR. Evidently the other two are taking a page from BG circa 2015-2017. And maybe BG is taking a page from all the others who couldn't bother to PPT and move up to T-1.

Would honestly like to see BG tank next week to let one of the others go have some fun.

you know if enemy comes to take your stuff and you have a team, then by defending you get fights and if they stay and bunker in their towers, then by breaking in will get you fights.

if everyone simply wants open field, then msg each other for some blob v blob v blob action. =)

but if you cant fight the enemy blob, it is ok that you back out. is normal. dont worry about it.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"Iris Ng.9845" said:

> > > > @"Brian.1289" said:

> > > > this week is a perfect example of servers avoiding playing a decent match in t1

> > >

> > > Who's avoiding a good match in T1?

> >

> > Let me guess: It's the super-stacked, all map-queue, 100-man BG blob refuses to PPT, defend their T3 keeps and only shows up for open-field fights? (/s)

> > Honestly though, there are simply not enough coverage or people to care fighting a 20-man zerg come knocking at the deadiest of hours.

> >

> > On discord, at 5:20 AM: @here 30+ blue zerg at North Hill, 4 cats, gate 35% going fast. Need all to help.

> > - Me: dude, not now. Just let it go...

>

> Ikr? BG has lower activity than 5 'worlds' right now and are still higher in KDR. Evidently the other two are taking a page from BG circa 2015-2017. And maybe BG is taking a page from all the others who couldn't bother to PPT and move up to T-1.

>

> Would honestly like to see BG tank next week to let one of the others go have some fun.

That's because that's actually the WVW design and ment to ktrain that way :\

Things are not important in WvW, loose and cap gives more rewards , its a game mode with no progression feeling actually wich is the reason players behave like that.

Still if one side is blobbing that only happens cause the other side has fewer players, players dont go actually to WvW to fight, just to ktrain, and bail out or change to a empty map.....

The game mode it is broken at its core values...

> [Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai](https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Error-in-WvW-Glicko-Scoring/page/1#post5979447 "Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai") sayed on (2016-02-10 15:57:25 UTC):

>

> 1-up-1-down would drastically increase the frequency of (even more) imbalanced matches. For each tier, the middle server will tend to get stuck, and the #1 and #3 will tend to bounce constantly between their natural tier and the neighbor tier. I would expect the players to quickly realize that fact, then fall into a pattern of off-weeks and on-weeks where a majority would avoid the match following a 1-up that pushes them into a guaranteed curb-stomp loss. Counterpoint, of course, would be the karma train swap meet for the guaranteed win week. That’s what happens now, just less frequently.

> 1-up-1-down can work in competitions with 2 opponents per match. The third opponent is why it won’t work here. Furthermore, it gives no real weight to historical performance, and so it is too volatile.

B)