[Suggestion] Make kites act like uncontrolled parachutes.

Make kites useful by programming them to act like parachutes and drop players gently to the ground in a slow vertical drop or simulate random wind moving them around. It'd also be funny if they sucked players into updrafts then kick them off the top of the updraft into a random wind driven direction. Basically the player wouldn't have any control over where they go and block the ability to put the kite away when in the air. Most of us wouldn't use it much except for amusement but it would be useful for core only players. It would be also amusing for someone roll playing Mary Poppins.

Who knows how many years of programing that could take. I personally like them as just a cosmetic, though I do wish they'd fix the old kites to work on mounts again.

Maybe they could do something like that as a mastery in a living world map, that could be interesting. I don't see that as a core change though ever happening.

> @"Jwake.7013" said:

> Who knows how many years of programing that could take. I personally like them as just a cosmetic, though I do wish they'd fix the old kites to work on mounts again.

>

> Maybe they could do something like that as a mastery in a living world map, that could be interesting. I don't see that as a core change though ever happening.

All the parts are already done:

* Fall damage reduction effect like the ones from traits and the springer mastery.

* Fall speed reduction like the one from griffon or skimmer, but not as pronounced.

Those two put together, scaled down, and working only on PvE could give kites a little use by reducing fall speed and extending fall distance by something like 25%.

> @"Jwake.7013" said:

> Who knows how many years of programing that could take. I personally like them as just a cosmetic, though I do wish they'd fix the old kites to work on mounts again.

>

> Maybe they could do something like that as a mastery in a living world map, that could be interesting. I don't see that as a core change though ever happening.

All the parts are already done:

* Fall damage reduction effect like the ones from traits and the springer mastery.

* Fall speed reduction like the one from griffon or skimmer, or the Cosmic Energy from fractals, but not as pronounced.

Those two put together, scaled down, and working only on PvE could give kites a little use by reducing fall speed and extending fall distance by something like 25%.

> @"Tekoneiric.6817" said:

> I was just thinking that kites would be useful in WvW when jumping off high cliffs to avoid fall damage in enemy areas. Increased visibility would put the kite user at a disadvantage plus random wind could make them drift into the wrong spot which would be funny.

And if the wind blows you on a sharp fence your character dies and then gets deleted.