LEGENDARIES :D

> @"Krymm.6321" said:

> i don't really understand the point of legendaries. Given that they are statted the same as Ascended, i don't see the incentive to obtain them. I know the stats are switchable, and it shows your investment in the game, but why not have a stat increase over Ascended gear? I feel that would make them much more desirable. For me, the only purpose they serve is to go for precursors to sell to the people that DO want them.

Their purpose is, and have always been, fancy looks.

They are meant to be *completely* optional. A stat increase would undermine that.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Krymm.6321" said:

> i don't really understand the point of legendaries. Given that they are statted the same as Ascended, i don't see the incentive to obtain them. I know the stats are switchable, and it shows your investment in the game, but why not have a stat increase over Ascended gear? I feel that would make them much more desirable. For me, the only purpose they serve is to go for precursors to sell to the people that DO want them.

Before you have them, their purpose is to make you WANT them enough to go through all the trouble.

After you have them, their purpose is to make you proud of all the trouble you took to get them, and to be glad it's all over.

The cool looks, sound effects, glowy bits and footfalls are just the triggers for both conditions.

> @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> > @"Krymm.6321" said:

> > i don't really understand the point of legendaries. Given that they are statted the same as Ascended, i don't see the incentive to obtain them. I know the stats are switchable, and it shows your investment in the game, but why not have a stat increase over Ascended gear? I feel that would make them much more desirable. For me, the only purpose they serve is to go for precursors to sell to the people that DO want them.

>

> Before you have them, their purpose is to make you WANT them enough to go through all the trouble.

>

> After you have them, their purpose is to make you proud of all the trouble you took to get them, and to be glad it's all over.

>

> The cool looks, sound effects, glowy bits and footfalls are just the triggers for both conditions.

Considering their purpose seems solely cosmetic, no, it doesn't make me want to go to the trouble of getting them. Thats my whole argument

> @"Krymm.6321" said:

> > @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> > > @"Krymm.6321" said:

> > > i don't really understand the point of legendaries. Given that they are statted the same as Ascended, i don't see the incentive to obtain them. I know the stats are switchable, and it shows your investment in the game, but why not have a stat increase over Ascended gear? I feel that would make them much more desirable. For me, the only purpose they serve is to go for precursors to sell to the people that DO want them.

> >

> > Before you have them, their purpose is to make you WANT them enough to go through all the trouble.

> >

> > After you have them, their purpose is to make you proud of all the trouble you took to get them, and to be glad it's all over.

> >

> > The cool looks, sound effects, glowy bits and footfalls are just the triggers for both conditions.

>

> Considering their purpose seems solely cosmetic, no, it doesn't make me want to go to the trouble of getting them. Thats my whole argument

Well, that's you. Judging from the huge number of legendaries we see around, others feel differently. XD

> @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> > @"necromaniac.7629" said:

> > > @"MauChann.3081" said:

> > >

> > > > Aww, I would roam with you, I'm skilled and I don't roam with squads anyways because mesmers aren't suited for zerging, the only issue I would have crafting a legendary is that I t would 1 to a few months and i'm impatient when it comes to that but I have decided that i'm gonna craft it,i actually started today by doing map completion to get that gift of exploration thing. Sorry I don't know of any guilds in piken square accepting pve players that need gift of battle. So about how long do you play daily for you take a whole of 2 months to get 99% of the stuff, I'm gonna have to most likely stop playing come september

> > > >

> > >

> > > I usually farm istan for the gold and materials, Im a core pve player anyway so im overflowing in dungeon tokens and gifts of exploration ( got about 30 of them left ).

> > > I play about, 4-8 hours per day, kinda depends on what my irl life schedule is.

> > > And I really don't like roaming in wvw either.. I dont like wvw as a gamemode on its own anyway, except if it's as a zerg because that's just running blindly and if there is a zerg at all it's usually a yellow tag which I think means guild only, or people continously yelling to get in ts or get out the zerg, ( which I also don't get, ts is so medieval, use discord already ).

> > > Eotm is my only other option but in my experiences eotm is only alive in primetime.

> > >

> >

> > what do you do to get so much gifts of exploration

>

> Have 30 characters, and do map complete on all of them

wow, and i'm stressed doing it on my current character

> @"necromaniac.7629" said:

> > @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> > > @"necromaniac.7629" said:

> > > > @"MauChann.3081" said:

> > > >

> > > > > Aww, I would roam with you, I'm skilled and I don't roam with squads anyways because mesmers aren't suited for zerging, the only issue I would have crafting a legendary is that I t would 1 to a few months and i'm impatient when it comes to that but I have decided that i'm gonna craft it,i actually started today by doing map completion to get that gift of exploration thing. Sorry I don't know of any guilds in piken square accepting pve players that need gift of battle. So about how long do you play daily for you take a whole of 2 months to get 99% of the stuff, I'm gonna have to most likely stop playing come september

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I usually farm istan for the gold and materials, Im a core pve player anyway so im overflowing in dungeon tokens and gifts of exploration ( got about 30 of them left ).

> > > > I play about, 4-8 hours per day, kinda depends on what my irl life schedule is.

> > > > And I really don't like roaming in wvw either.. I dont like wvw as a gamemode on its own anyway, except if it's as a zerg because that's just running blindly and if there is a zerg at all it's usually a yellow tag which I think means guild only, or people continously yelling to get in ts or get out the zerg, ( which I also don't get, ts is so medieval, use discord already ).

> > > > Eotm is my only other option but in my experiences eotm is only alive in primetime.

> > > >

> > >

> > > what do you do to get so much gifts of exploration

> >

> > Have 30 characters, and do map complete on all of them

>

> wow, and i'm stressed doing it on my current character

I actually really enjoy map completion.

> @"Nemesis.2019" said:

> I have 16 Legendary weapons, Legendary Fractal BP, and Aurora, of my 16 weapons only 1 is gen 2, Gen 2 is a pain in the behind, Gen 1 is easier, only weapons i am missing is underwater Legendary, still contemplating make or not..

> Most of the truly expensive ones were made when AB farming was still a thing, the one i made recently the pre cost 100 gold lol, last one i made was The Minstrel...

I just want Bifrost and aurora for now and dreamer,oh and definitely kudzu, oh yes and how could I forget the dreamer, lastly predator, oh and also incinerator, ooo and that new one verdarach and I want chuka and champwat too, ooo and can't forget eternity, oh I forgot bolt and I would want meteorlogic, oh why not flameseeker prophecies, wait, omg omg omg how could I forget the biding of ipos, ohhh and the HMS divnity is soo cool, basically want most of the legendaries, but I i'll satisfy with Bifrost and aurora for now, I don't much about the underwater legendaries, I need to look into them. Why is gen 2 a pain

> > @"Krymm.6321" said:

> > i don't really understand the point of legendaries. Given that they are statted the same as Ascended, i don't see the incentive to obtain them. I know the stats are switchable, and it shows your investment in the game, but why not have a stat increase over Ascended gear? I feel that would make them much more desirable. For me, the only purpose they serve is to go for precursors to sell to the people that DO want them.

>

> Before you have them, their purpose is to make you WANT them enough to go through all the trouble.

>

> After you have them, their purpose is to make you proud of all the trouble you took to get them, and to be glad it's all over.

>

> The cool looks, sound effects, glowy bits and footfalls are just the triggers for both conditions.

Well I want them mainly for the fashiow wars, and to not be treated like a noob , I don't reflect on the struggle or whatever, when I get it im my hands, my soul will be at peace and stop ranting about how much I want it

> @"Krymm.6321" said:

I didn't see the point in them either but I got driven by the fashion wars

> > @"Krymm.6321" said:

> > > @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> > > > @"Krymm.6321" said:

> > > > i don't really understand the point of legendaries. Given that they are statted the same as Ascended, i don't see the incentive to obtain them. I know the stats are switchable, and it shows your investment in the game, but why not have a stat increase over Ascended gear? I feel that would make them much more desirable. For me, the only purpose they serve is to go for precursors to sell to the people that DO want them.

> > >

> > > Before you have them, their purpose is to make you WANT them enough to go through all the trouble.

> > >

> > > After you have them, their purpose is to make you proud of all the trouble you took to get them, and to be glad it's all over.

> > >

> > > The cool looks, sound effects, glowy bits and footfalls are just the triggers for both conditions.

> >

> > Considering their purpose seems solely cosmetic, no, it doesn't make me want to go to the trouble of getting them. Thats my whole argument

>

> Well, that's you. Judging from the huge number of legendaries we see around, others feel differently. XD

Yes, and I think seeing other people with them just drives to get them also

> @"artemis.6781" said:

> > > @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> > > > @"necromaniac.7629" said:

> > > > > @"MauChann.3081" said:

> > > > >

> > > > > > Aww, I would roam with you, I'm skilled and I don't roam with squads anyways because mesmers aren't suited for zerging, the only issue I would have crafting a legendary is that I t would 1 to a few months and i'm impatient when it comes to that but I have decided that i'm gonna craft it,i actually started today by doing map completion to get that gift of exploration thing. Sorry I don't know of any guilds in piken square accepting pve players that need gift of battle. So about how long do you play daily for you take a whole of 2 months to get 99% of the stuff, I'm gonna have to most likely stop playing come september

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I usually farm istan for the gold and materials, Im a core pve player anyway so im overflowing in dungeon tokens and gifts of exploration ( got about 30 of them left ).

> > > > > I play about, 4-8 hours per day, kinda depends on what my irl life schedule is.

> > > > > And I really don't like roaming in wvw either.. I dont like wvw as a gamemode on its own anyway, except if it's as a zerg because that's just running blindly and if there is a zerg at all it's usually a yellow tag which I think means guild only, or people continously yelling to get in ts or get out the zerg, ( which I also don't get, ts is so medieval, use discord already ).

> > > > > Eotm is my only other option but in my experiences eotm is only alive in primetime.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > what do you do to get so much gifts of exploration

> > >

> > > Have 30 characters, and do map complete on all of them

> >

> > wow, and i'm stressed doing it on my current character

>

> I actually really enjoy map completion.

I like accomplishment of having but I don't really like doing it, well mainly its because of doing hearts also, everything else is find for me except hearts, especially when I don't have friends to do it with me

> @"Krymm.6321" said:

> I don't agree. they're weapons and armor that you earn. not just skins. thats how i see it anyway

I'm assuming you came into the game around a year or more after launch then. Before Fractals, GW2's end game was WvW, PvP tournaments and Fashion wars. Legendary stat swapping ONLY came about as a solution to an edge case specific to legendary weapons during the change to the wardrobe system.

Prior to Wardrobe, reskinning items involved combining 2 items together using transmutation charges. Each item had fixed stats which could not be changed, but the transmutation system let you pick the skin, stats and upgrade between the 2 items as the output. The Wardrobe system let you reskin an item, but not change its stats. This immediately created a problem where the original legendary weapon would be effectively undesirable, because you couldn't change to what your build needed. And the only logical option at the time was the Asc gear MF recipe, which destroys the item in the process.. Stat swapping was the only solution that allowed the original item to have both the skin AND a desirable stat combination.

This concept was later exported to Legendary armor as a reward incentive for both Raids and another tier of material sink, after the demand for Asc gear started tapping out. And exported AGAIN for WvW/PvP rewards, without skins, because stat swapping is too desirable in all game modes that make use of it. This is why I still stand by the notion of making Stat swapping of legendary armor a raid exclusive reward to have been an extremely bad idea..... much in the same vein as Asc armor rewards in PvP were a huge problem. Had Raid armor only been an exclusive skin, we wouldn't be having this conversation of "value by functionality", and a lot of past arguments about it rendered moot.

So no.... Legendary weapons were very much about the skins, and stat swapping barely relevant on them. It wasn't until Legendary armor came along, and stat swapping made the focal benefit of it, that people started making a big deal about the functionality aspect. And it makes sense, since Raids were pitched partially on the idea of demanding more diverse builds, and tailoring team comps for each encounter. This was 100% intentional, as it fits their Post-Fractal reward model of mode relevant QOL rewards.

What they weren't counting on was the Community response, given how universally appealing stat swapping is when HOT and Especs gave a good reason for players to want to run multiple build types per class. Thats why Leg armor was added to WvW and PvP months later (after multiple threads about it), but without unique skins (just recycled reward armor as precursors), to keep some form of "exclusive" aspect to the Raid armor.

And to those who think stat swapping on Leg weapons was a major selling point...... think about how often that actually gets used? Each class has its weapons effectively locked into a single build sub-type, most of which revolve around damage type. Since you can't change sigils on legendary weapons at will, and sigils being synergized to specific aspects of a build, the stat swapping feature only ever gets used when updating a build. Transplanting the weapon to another character also introduces the problem of sigil relevance, which would have to be replaced with one the build uses. These are the uses cases where stat swapping "might be useful". In practice, you were unlikely to change them while on the same character, since weapons govern damage type. During the HOT era, the vast majority of PvE Meta builds only used 3 stat combinations (Zerks, Vipers and Commanders), while WvW made use of 4 in varying amounts (Minstrels, Trailblazer [replacing dire], Marauder and Celestial). Furthering this problem were nerfs to the classes that tended to use a wide range of stats across different builds, narrowing the number of popular builds; Ele was hit especially hard, being the only class with a proper support build that relied on stats. Honestly the only class that ever used Stat swapping in its day to day was Mesmer's Chronotank; and even then, mostly to tune its aggro profile.

Post-POF the stat swapping can be considered a good benefit, now that the meta uses a larger number of dissimilar stats across various game modes. But this is only a recent development.....and far removed from when stat swapping was first introduced years ago.

> > @"Krymm.6321" said:

> > I don't agree. they're weapons and armor that you earn. not just skins. thats how i see it anyway

>

> I'm assuming you came into the game around a year or more after launch then. Before Fractals, GW2's end game was WvW, PvP tournaments and Fashion wars. Legendary stat swapping ONLY came about as a solution to an edge case specific to legendary weapons during the change to the wardrobe system.

>

> Prior to Wardrobe, reskinning items involved combining 2 items together using transmutation charges. Each item had fixed stats which could not be changed, but the transmutation system let you pick the skin, stats and upgrade between the 2 items as the output. The Wardrobe system let you reskin an item, but not change its stats. This immediately created a problem where the original legendary weapon would be effectively undesirable, because you couldn't change the stats (MF recipe) without destroying the item in the process. Stat swapping was the only solution that allowed the original item to have both the skin AND a desirable stat combination.

>

> This concept was later exported to Legendary armor as a reward incentive for both Raids and another tier of material sink, after the demand for Asc gear started tapping out. And exported AGAIN for WvW/PvP rewards, without skins, because stat swapping is too desirable in all game modes that make use of it. This is why I still stand by the notion of making Stat swapping of legendary armor a raid exclusive reward to have been an extremely bad idea..... much in the same vein as Asc armor rewards in PvP were a huge problem. Had Raid armor only been an exclusive skin, we wouldn't be having this conversation of "value by functionality", and a lot of past arguments about it rendered moot.

>

> So no.... Legendary weapons were very much about the skins, and stat swapping barely relevant on them. It wasn't until Legendary armor came along, and stat swapping made the focal benefit of it, that people started making a big deal about the functionality aspect. And it makes sense, since Raids were pitched partially on the idea of demanding more diverse builds, and tailoring team comps for each encounter. This was 100% intentional, as it fits their Post-Fractal reward model of mode relevant QOL rewards.

Thank you for the most eloquent and intelligent response i've received so far on the subject. It definitely gave insight on the "Legendary model" thus far, but only in its initial intended form. I will take your assumption of my experience in the game as a compliment, but one that i must ignore due to the fact that i'm new to the game. New as in I bought the expansions and started playing when they went on sale roughly 50 days ago. I just acquired my first few pieces of ascended gear (weapon, armor, rings) and just started looking towards more end game content for a focal point of where to invest my time in-game. Which naturally, i suppose, i was interested in legendary gear. At which point i discover that the only value to Legendary gear over ascended is switchable stats. Coming from the perspective of someone who is new to the game, as thoroughly invested as i am, this is completely off-putting. Legendary gear is advertised as the final tier of end-game gear. Which it isn't. It's end-game skins. Unfortunately, it really takes getting to the point of doing Fractals/Raids for the gravity of this realization to take effect.

I just feel as someone new to the game and to the onlooker seeking a new home, Legendary gear is somewhat of a sham. I think it needs to be revised and recalculated.

> @"Krymm.6321" said:

> > @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> > > @"Krymm.6321" said:

> > > I don't agree. they're weapons and armor that you earn. not just skins. thats how i see it anyway

> >

> > I'm assuming you came into the game around a year or more after launch then. Before Fractals, GW2's end game was WvW, PvP tournaments and Fashion wars. Legendary stat swapping ONLY came about as a solution to an edge case specific to legendary weapons during the change to the wardrobe system.

> >

> > Prior to Wardrobe, reskinning items involved combining 2 items together using transmutation charges. Each item had fixed stats which could not be changed, but the transmutation system let you pick the skin, stats and upgrade between the 2 items as the output. The Wardrobe system let you reskin an item, but not change its stats. This immediately created a problem where the original legendary weapon would be effectively undesirable, because you couldn't change the stats (MF recipe) without destroying the item in the process. Stat swapping was the only solution that allowed the original item to have both the skin AND a desirable stat combination.

> >

> > This concept was later exported to Legendary armor as a reward incentive for both Raids and another tier of material sink, after the demand for Asc gear started tapping out. And exported AGAIN for WvW/PvP rewards, without skins, because stat swapping is too desirable in all game modes that make use of it. This is why I still stand by the notion of making Stat swapping of legendary armor a raid exclusive reward to have been an extremely bad idea..... much in the same vein as Asc armor rewards in PvP were a huge problem. Had Raid armor only been an exclusive skin, we wouldn't be having this conversation of "value by functionality", and a lot of past arguments about it rendered moot.

> >

> > So no.... Legendary weapons were very much about the skins, and stat swapping barely relevant on them. It wasn't until Legendary armor came along, and stat swapping made the focal benefit of it, that people started making a big deal about the functionality aspect. And it makes sense, since Raids were pitched partially on the idea of demanding more diverse builds, and tailoring team comps for each encounter. This was 100% intentional, as it fits their Post-Fractal reward model of mode relevant QOL rewards.

>

> Thank you for the most eloquent and intelligent response i've received so far on the subject. It definitely gave insight on the "Legendary model" thus far, but only in its initial intended form. I will take your assumption of my experience in the game as a compliment, but one that i must ignore due to the fact that i'm new to the game. New as in I bought the expansions and started playing when they went on sale roughly 50 days ago. I just acquired my first few pieces of ascended gear (weapon, armor, rings) and just started looking towards more end game content for a focal point of where to invest my time in-game. Which naturally, i suppose, i was interested in legendary gear. At which point i discover that the only value to Legendary gear over ascended is switchable stats. Coming from the perspective of someone who is new to the game, as thoroughly invested as i am, this is completely off-putting. Legendary gear is advertised as the final tier of end-game gear. Which it isn't. It's end-game skins. Unfortunately, it really takes getting to the point of doing Fractals/Raids for the gravity of this realization to take effect.

>

> I just feel as someone new to the game and to the onlooker seeking a new home, Legendary gear is somewhat of a sham. I think it needs to be revised and recalculated.

History is important.... without it, perspective suffers. Being new doesn't excuse that either. Context is too important to many of these discussions, because relying on solely on tropes leads to factually incorrect assumptions about things. In fact theres a huge level of irony in that tropes and memes are supposed to be condensed references and short hands for the purpose of rapidly establishing context, and thus faster comparison..... but everyone seems to skip a critical step in that process.

Consider the state of the game industry right now, and how much ignorance it took to get us here... its pretty damn shocking thinking about it for more then 10 seconds. Where you go "this is the dumbest idea ever, how did they even think to get away with it?", only to realize they have been getting away with it for a while, and had convinced everyone years ago it was a good idea. The big difference between then and now is them being too lazy to be subtle about it anymore.

> > @"Krymm.6321" said:

> > > @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> > > > @"Krymm.6321" said:

> > > > I don't agree. they're weapons and armor that you earn. not just skins. thats how i see it anyway

> > >

> > > I'm assuming you came into the game around a year or more after launch then. Before Fractals, GW2's end game was WvW, PvP tournaments and Fashion wars. Legendary stat swapping ONLY came about as a solution to an edge case specific to legendary weapons during the change to the wardrobe system.

> > >

> > > Prior to Wardrobe, reskinning items involved combining 2 items together using transmutation charges. Each item had fixed stats which could not be changed, but the transmutation system let you pick the skin, stats and upgrade between the 2 items as the output. The Wardrobe system let you reskin an item, but not change its stats. This immediately created a problem where the original legendary weapon would be effectively undesirable, because you couldn't change the stats (MF recipe) without destroying the item in the process. Stat swapping was the only solution that allowed the original item to have both the skin AND a desirable stat combination.

> > >

> > > This concept was later exported to Legendary armor as a reward incentive for both Raids and another tier of material sink, after the demand for Asc gear started tapping out. And exported AGAIN for WvW/PvP rewards, without skins, because stat swapping is too desirable in all game modes that make use of it. This is why I still stand by the notion of making Stat swapping of legendary armor a raid exclusive reward to have been an extremely bad idea..... much in the same vein as Asc armor rewards in PvP were a huge problem. Had Raid armor only been an exclusive skin, we wouldn't be having this conversation of "value by functionality", and a lot of past arguments about it rendered moot.

> > >

> > > So no.... Legendary weapons were very much about the skins, and stat swapping barely relevant on them. It wasn't until Legendary armor came along, and stat swapping made the focal benefit of it, that people started making a big deal about the functionality aspect. And it makes sense, since Raids were pitched partially on the idea of demanding more diverse builds, and tailoring team comps for each encounter. This was 100% intentional, as it fits their Post-Fractal reward model of mode relevant QOL rewards.

> >

> > Thank you for the most eloquent and intelligent response i've received so far on the subject. It definitely gave insight on the "Legendary model" thus far, but only in its initial intended form. I will take your assumption of my experience in the game as a compliment, but one that i must ignore due to the fact that i'm new to the game. New as in I bought the expansions and started playing when they went on sale roughly 50 days ago. I just acquired my first few pieces of ascended gear (weapon, armor, rings) and just started looking towards more end game content for a focal point of where to invest my time in-game. Which naturally, i suppose, i was interested in legendary gear. At which point i discover that the only value to Legendary gear over ascended is switchable stats. Coming from the perspective of someone who is new to the game, as thoroughly invested as i am, this is completely off-putting. Legendary gear is advertised as the final tier of end-game gear. Which it isn't. It's end-game skins. Unfortunately, it really takes getting to the point of doing Fractals/Raids for the gravity of this realization to take effect.

> >

> > I just feel as someone new to the game and to the onlooker seeking a new home, Legendary gear is somewhat of a sham. I think it needs to be revised and recalculated.

>

> History is important.... without it, perspective suffers. Being new doesn't excuse that either. Context is too important to many of these discussions, because relying on solely on tropes leads to factually incorrect assumptions about things. In fact theres a huge level of irony in that tropes and memes are supposed to be condensed references and short hands for the purpose of rapidly establishing context, and thus faster comparison..... but everyone seems to skip a critical step in that process.

>

> Consider the state of the game industry right now, and how much ignorance it took to get us here... its pretty kitten shocking thinking about it for more then 10 seconds. Where you go "this is the dumbest idea ever, how did they even think to get away with it?", only to realize they have been getting away with it for a while, and had convinced everyone years ago it was a good idea. The big difference between then and now is them being too lazy to be subtle about it anymore.

I completely agree. History and context are equally important. They are geniuses. They have the formula down. Why change it now. And i'll be the first to admit that yes, perhaps i was using my noobdom as an excuse for ignorance. That doesn't change my stance on thinking that a revision is necessary. Legendaries are end-game skins, and should be advertised accordingly. Maybe I'm asking too much...a new end-game gear tier all-together.

Legendaries are sort of a diminishing returns thing.

Your first one is very exciting, especially if you made it yourself. There's a sense of pride there for sure. I would recommend everyone try to make *one*, even if it seems super far off as a goal. Feels good.

Some people make them expressly for sale; there's good money in that if you want to put in the time. And then of course you have the freedom to turn that gold into something else.

If you're going for them all, that's for some sort of collection/completionist thing. Some people do have them all and again it gives a great sense of pride. That's nice, but there's no title or achievement for it; you're making your own goals here.

Personally, I have a bunch. I've lost count of exactly how many, but at one point I realized I was wearing several of them and nobody could even tell! There's just a lot of other, nicer ways to decorate your character if you're interested in the fashion aspect, and legendaries lack any customization at all. So I re-skin them to look how I want. It'd be nice if I could keep/select a footfall that I want, or turn them off, or change their colors, etc. My favorite of the lot is Aurora.

Final note: any musician worth their salt should try to pick up the Minstrel, because of the awesome new playable version. It sounds great.

> @"necromaniac.7629" said:

> > @"Nemesis.2019" said:

> > I have 16 Legendary weapons, Legendary Fractal BP, and Aurora, of my 16 weapons only 1 is gen 2, Gen 2 is a pain in the behind, Gen 1 is easier, only weapons i am missing is underwater Legendary, still contemplating make or not..

> > Most of the truly expensive ones were made when AB farming was still a thing, the one i made recently the pre cost 100 gold lol, last one i made was The Minstrel...

>

> I just want Bifrost and aurora for now and dreamer,oh and definitely kudzu, oh yes and how could I forget the dreamer, lastly predator, oh and also incinerator, ooo and that new one verdarach and I want chuka and champwat too, ooo and can't forget eternity, oh I forgot bolt and I would want meteorlogic, oh why not flameseeker prophecies, wait, omg omg omg how could I forget the biding of ipos, ohhh and the HMS divnity is soo cool, basically want most of the legendaries, but I i'll satisfy with Bifrost and aurora for now, I don't much about the underwater legendaries, I need to look into them. Why is gen 2 a pain

Gen 2 requires more Gold than Gen 1, you need Mystic Coins for Clovers and you need 250 mystic coins, Amalgamated gems, plus spend time in Dragon Stand for Crystalline Ore, then you have to craft the Pre, my last Legendary was made in April, since then i have taken a break, so my mats have built up, so if i chose to craft a Gen 2 legendary it wouldn't be so bad, but when you crafting Legendary after Legendary, the grind becomes real and it's even worse with Gen 2, because you always restarting for a low point, with Gen 1 i don't have to craft the pre i can purchase the cheap ones..

> @"Deimos.4263" said:

> Legendaries are sort of a diminishing returns thing.

>

> Your first one is very exciting, especially if you made it yourself. There's a sense of pride there for sure. I would recommend everyone try to make *one*, even if it seems super far off as a goal. Feels good.

>

> Some people make them expressly for sale; there's good money in that if you want to put in the time. And then of course you have the freedom to turn that gold into something else.

>

> If you're going for them all, that's for some sort of collection/completionist thing. Some people do have them all and again it gives a great sense of pride. That's nice, but there's no title or achievement for it; you're making your own goals here.

>

> Personally, I have a bunch. I've lost count of exactly how many, but at one point I realized I was wearing several of them and nobody could even tell! There's just a lot of other, nicer ways to decorate your character if you're interested in the fashion aspect, and legendaries lack any customization at all. So I re-skin them to look how I want. It'd be nice if I could keep/select a footfall that I want, or turn them off, or change their colors, etc. My favorite of the lot is Aurora.

>

> Final note: any musician worth their salt should try to pick up the Minstrel, because of the awesome new playable version. It sounds great.

>I'm a fashion wars player and I barely get noticed, I just think legendaries, because of their glowy and shininess is a good way to get noticed, not saying they're not other weapon skins that have shininess but one thing other weapon skins don't have are the footfalls, I remember back when I was kinda new to the game, I was doing arah and this person had trails behind them, I was intrigued and asked them what it was and then the person told me it was because it was a legendary weapon and at that moment I knew I had to get one....someday.

>I want all of them mostly for fashion wars then the sort of hypeness (i'm not a hype person irl anyways, I don't like attention irl but in the game its great), and as you mentioned, for a completionist type of thing, well I always dreamed of being a completionist but i'm not even 20% there.

> That's really nice that you have a bunch! TRUST ME; i'm the person who literally just sort of scan every player I see, and I would always ask the person how long did it take you to get this and that and I would always PM then telling them they look nice (that's if they look nice to me) And I get extremely happy when someone PMs me on my look.

>Your favorite of the lot is aurora huh? well I really really really want it and Bifrost right now for my Mesmer who uses double staff mostly in WvW(weird build but it works great) and if I had them, I wouldn't look regular or noobish( like those people with max mastery rank and legendaries and look awesome) and people would want to roam with me.

>So its a little dream I have to have all legendaries so I could create a look or a theme from the legendary itself, ministrel as you mentioned, I would create a siren themed look from it for a mesmer, Mesmers have a little bit of a siren theme; their autoattack trident skill name is "siren's call"

>"There's just a lot of other, nicer ways to decorate your character" of course there is, but when it comes to choosing a weapon for your look, sometimes legendaries get more noticed. One thing I've learnt in the fashion wars is that shiny and glowy gets more noticed, but legendaries have footfalls(I love footfalls :D)

>Finally: I just want to make an original look, thennn find a legendary that fits it, and I also want to get legendaries thenn build a look that suits the theme of that legendary.

> @"Nemesis.2019" said:

> > > @"Nemesis.2019" said:

> > > I have 16 Legendary weapons, Legendary Fractal BP, and Aurora, of my 16 weapons only 1 is gen 2, Gen 2 is a pain in the behind, Gen 1 is easier, only weapons i am missing is underwater Legendary, still contemplating make or not..

> > > Most of the truly expensive ones were made when AB farming was still a thing, the one i made recently the pre cost 100 gold lol, last one i made was The Minstrel...

> >

> > I just want Bifrost and aurora for now and dreamer,oh and definitely kudzu, oh yes and how could I forget the dreamer, lastly predator, oh and also incinerator, ooo and that new one verdarach and I want chuka and champwat too, ooo and can't forget eternity, oh I forgot bolt and I would want meteorlogic, oh why not flameseeker prophecies, wait, omg omg omg how could I forget the biding of ipos, ohhh and the HMS divnity is soo cool, basically want most of the legendaries, but I i'll satisfy with Bifrost and aurora for now, I don't much about the underwater legendaries, I need to look into them. Why is gen 2 a pain

>

> Gen 2 requires more Gold than Gen 1, you need Mystic Coins for Clovers and you need 250 mystic coins, Amalgamated gems, plus spend time in Dragon Stand for Crystalline Ore, then you have to craft the Pre, my last Legendary was made in April, since then i have taken a break, so my mats have built up, so if i chose to craft a Gen 2 legendary it wouldn't be so bad, but when you crafting Legendary after Legendary, the grind becomes real and it's even worse with Gen 2, because you always restarting for a low point, with Gen 1 i don't have to craft the pre i can purchase the cheap ones..

Oh dang, well, to have all legendaries is just a dream I have, I would spend all the money I could to get them. So you saying you can't but the precursor for gen 2 weapons?

Yep, you can't buy the precursors for gen 2, but even in gen 2 there is a difference, There's the old versions ( astralaria, chuka, hope, nevermore ) who had a really cool collection like the gen 1 crafted precursors have, but majority of gen 2 is now an endless grind to craft mystic curios ( mithril ingots, elderwood planks and tier 5 trophies ).

It kinda weighs up though,

Gen 1 needs 50 more t6 trophies than gen 2 does, but gen 2 also needs t3 - t5. And the amalgamated gemstones ( which are optional but still easier than the desert mastery ), and the cursed mystic coins.

The latter is a really huge problem for me too, My last 3 legendaries were gen 1 just because I was so done with mystic coins gathering. The only option you have is buy them off the tp since there is no actual way to gain them ingame anymore besides the login bonus. And you already lose a lot of mystic coins to gambling for mystic clovers too!

I know we just had the festival of the 4 winds which gave more mystic coins for the time being but it's such garbage how you can barely get these items in game anymore. At some point we'll just run out of them and the price only continues to increase more and more if anet doesn't give us a way to earn the coins again.

But then again for gen 2 you don't need to get dungeon tokens.

> @"MauChann.3081" said:

> Yep, you can't buy the precursors for gen 2, but even in gen 2 there is a difference, There's the old versions ( astralaria, chuka, hope, nevermore ) who had a really cool collection like the gen 1 crafted precursors have, but majority of gen 2 is now an endless grind to craft mystic curios ( mithril ingots, elderwood planks and tier 5 trophies ).

>

> It kinda weighs up though,

> Gen 1 needs 50 more t6 trophies than gen 2 does, but gen 2 also needs t3 - t5. And the amalgamated gemstones ( which are optional but still easier than the desert mastery ), and the cursed mystic coins.

>

> The latter is a really huge problem for me too, My last 3 legendaries were gen 1 just because I was so done with mystic coins gathering. The only option you have is buy them off the tp since there is no actual way to gain them ingame anymore besides the login bonus. And you already lose a lot of mystic coins to gambling for mystic clovers too!

> I know we just had the festival of the 4 winds which gave more mystic coins for the time being but it's such garbage how you can barely get these items in game anymore. At some point we'll just run out of them and the price only continues to increase more and more if anet doesn't give us a way to earn the coins again.

>

> But then again for gen 2 you don't need to get dungeon tokens.

ok

I don't have Moot, Dreamer or the Cake Torch. Because they're ugly. Everything else I'm currently happy with. Shooshadoo isn't really my style and plus me and my sister typically go for opposite legendaries- such as I got Shining Blade and she went for Bolt in the beginning- now, since she doesn't play anymore I just grabbed them all aside from what I listed.

Aurora though - I gave up on. Maybe I'll go back to it- but none of the work/time seems rewarding or worth it.

Here are some rules that I follow:

Make a list.

250 Powerful Blood - Calculate each time you get that material and tick it off I just received 6 PB so 250 minus 6= 244. and jot it down in notepad.

Keep all of your mats. Salvage every blue and green and yellow (some exotics) that isn't 1g or over. If it's 1g or over, sell it. I just said keep all of your mats- However after you've checked to see what you need - sell all the mats you don't need. You will always get more if you salvage greens, blues and rares.

Pace yourself. You are on your own time, so take all that you need. Don't feel like you have to have it now.

Do as many events when you can. DS meta gives tons of loot - the HoT maps are great loot. Reward tracks in PvP and WvW. PvP ranked gives great gold if you don't mind putting up with the bullcrap.

Do events to get karma.

Dungeons if you can find a group- gives decent enough loot and 1g per run- and with the power creep, there is nothing to fear.

I've never really found success in fractals but it's also not really my thing. Just go for dailies.

I typically buy all the mats first when I look at the materials needed. And work my way up.

No unnecessary purchases. If it's not way point costs- you don't need it.

Remember your goal: Is to have the Legendary at some point. Keep striving for it, it will pay off.

>No unnecessary purchases. If it's not way point costs or buying salvage kits from the merchant- you don't need it.

I wish you good luck!

SO > @"necromaniac.7629" said:

> Am I the only one who just wants every legendary in this game, I want bifrost the most right now though, I sold all my mats hoping that I would get a decent amount of gold to buy it but then I only got 300g then I spent it on black lion keys to only get storm dagger skin and I don't even use dagger

>

> Guys my friend got the chak infusion drop from the zephire boxes and now this dude got like 5 or more legendaries, and I just want Bifrost ;-;

> I spend so much time on this game, why cant I get what want sometimes, ive been doing stuff like treasure mushroom to get that invisible slippers drop so I could sell it and ive been opening those dang boxes too, It's like the kitten game is playing ME

>

That was my goal too, and now I have full set of legendary armor( cloth), backpack and 9 weapon, 3 of which i don't even use anymore because i main only mezmer .. but i've been playing since launch. I would say farm your T6mats, do metas for money/ drops , clear the zones for your mastery exploration. should take you 1-2 months to get your bifrost. You're lucky..because back in the day we had to wait until precursers drop at least now you can forge them now.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> I cannot confirm I am making number 10

>

> I promised myself I wouldn't make anymore after the 2nd...and the 3rd...and the 4th.

>

> This is def my last though. Well except for the one after that obviously

Yea I'm same way. After this last one I said "No more! Never again -that was horrible!" As I bask in my new legendary glory. 1 month later... "I think imma go for..."