LEGENDARIES :D

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"necromaniac.7629" said:

> Am I the only one who just wants every legendary in this game, I want bifrost the most right now though, I sold all my mats hoping that I would get a decent amount of gold to buy it but then I only got 300g then I spent it on black lion keys to only get storm dagger skin and I don't even use dagger

Black Lion Chests won't give you legendary items. At all.

And with gold, you can only buy the **first series** of legendary **weapons** outright. All other legendaries (armor, backpieces, G2 weapons, trinkets) are bound to collections, achievements, raids and account-bound PvP/WvW currencies.

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> Making a legendary is pretty casual when you don't think about it until you get a full stack of all T6 mats.

I only crafted Twilight, Sunrise (then fused both into Eternity), The Ascension, Flameseeker, Bolt and then the PvP legendary armor. I never gather T6 mats. My founding were always either doing a lot of dungeons a day (for the first one) or gathering and selling iron, platinum and logs.

Even with a low profile activity (no Raids/Fractals/Dungeons, no WvW, no World Bosses, only PvP and minimal PvE conent) It's impossible to me to get less than 4-5k gold coins ~year, so seems mandatory to spent most of them buying the mats to craft at least one legendary item a year.

The main deterrent to me is that half of the legendary weapons are fugly (i.e.: both hammers, Frostfang, Kudzu, all the aquatic... ) so my next probably will be The Shinning Blade (another sword, again). Having a main with low amount of weapons (and most of them useless, also) doesn't help.

> @"Clyan.1593" said:

> Dude every Legendary? Well you have to go for t1 and t2 legendaries then. And since you can buy T1 from the AH you have a good chance getting all of them if you convert Gems into gold for a ton of Real Money.

>

> But the second tier... just let me say: Only with inhuman patience you will be able to achieve it. So no.

Brah, isn't it called the TP lol. ye I want every legendary, I already planned which toons I would put them on and everything :D

> > @"Clyan.1593" said:

> > Dude every Legendary? Well you have to go for t1 and t2 legendaries then. And since you can buy T1 from the AH you have a good chance getting all of them if you convert Gems into gold for a ton of Real Money.

> >

> > But the second tier... just let me say: Only with inhuman patience you will be able to achieve it. So no.

>

> Brah, isn't it called the TP lol. ye I want every legendary, I already planned which toons I would put them on and everything :D

Lol the inhuman patience part gave me shivers, I aint got no patience I would spend a week the max to try to craft a legendary since I can play for the whole day, but I hear some people talking about how it took them 3 months, some a year and I just think that is atrotious

> @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> For all the Gen 2 legendaries, you will need a LOT of alts to complete the HoT maps and get the Gift of Maguuma. I'm not sure that tactic is possible with PoF legendaries, I bought one of those gifts of the desert and it told me I could only buy one per account.

>

> I don't want ALL of them, but have a few partly completed, always wondering which to work on next. Already have Astralaria and HOPE completed, and the first collection done or started for about 5 or 6 more. Argh.

Nice, keep grinding lol

> @"Etria.3642" said:

> Chuka for my soulbeast. Aurora also since I swap to healie druid. Thank heavens aurora is almost done now. Just need clovers and I'm too cheap to gamble for them since t6 mats aren't really worth it these days. Long way to go for chuka though. Only have 6 amalg after Astralaria.

Ok I guess you should keep grinding lol

> @"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:

> I only craft the ones I find appealing. I suppose I could craft more if I wanted to set a long-term goal for myself, but I find setting meaningless goals purely for the sake of it to be a bit of a shallow pursuit, personally.

At first I never cared about the ones that don't look appealing to me, but its the fact that i'm always changing my build and all, so being able stat change anytime is great for me, then I looked on all of them on the wiki and youtube, then I figured they can actually look good, depending on how my character looks(I can create a look based on how the weapon looks). I must can a find a way in the future to have every legendary :/

> @"TheQuickFox.3826" said:

> > @"necromaniac.7629" said:

> > Am I the only one who just wants every legendary in this game, I want bifrost the most right now though, I sold all my mats hoping that I would get a decent amount of gold to buy it but then I only got 300g then I spent it on black lion keys to only get storm dagger skin and I don't even use dagger

>

> Black Lion Chests won't give you legendary items. At all.

> And with gold, you can only buy the **first series** of legendary **weapons** outright. All other legendaries (armor, backpieces, G2 weapons, trinkets) are bound to collections, achievements, raids and account-bound PvP/WvW currencies.

* Lol ofc BLK chests wont give you legendary items, I was thinking if I get a rare sellable drop(that is most likely worth a lot of gold like permanent hairstyle kit) then I would sell it on TP and but Bifrost but that ofc didn't work out, i was just thinking yolo ;-;

1. Don't sell mats, you need like all of them especially if you go the collection route

2. Don't spend gold on gambling things like BL chests, ecto gambling etc. Sure you can win big, but winning chances of any gambling irl or in game is always super low

3. If you're going to make one, start with a cheaper one first, it gets a lot easier after the first one because now you know the process.

4. Collections can be the more expensive route (check GW2Efficiency for numbers that update regularly) but it allows you to stretch out the cost so it doesn't feel as expensive.

I have I think 5 legendaries, currently slowly working on 3 more.

> > @"TheQuickFox.3826" said:

> > > @"necromaniac.7629" said:

> > > Am I the only one who just wants every legendary in this game, I want bifrost the most right now though, I sold all my mats hoping that I would get a decent amount of gold to buy it but then I only got 300g then I spent it on black lion keys to only get storm dagger skin and I don't even use dagger

> >

> > Black Lion Chests won't give you legendary items. At all.

> > And with gold, you can only buy the **first series** of legendary **weapons** outright. All other legendaries (armor, backpieces, G2 weapons, trinkets) are bound to collections, achievements, raids and account-bound PvP/WvW currencies.

>

> * Lol ofc BLK chests wont give you legendary items, I was thinking if I get a rare sellable drop(that is most likely worth a lot of gold like permanent hairstyle kit) then I would sell it on TP and but Bifrost but that ofc didn't work out, i was just thinking yolo ;-;

So, you just gambled and lost. Well, we cannot really help you with that.

I've sold a few precursors, but recently picked up the pre cursor to Flameseeker Prophecies, and opted to craft it. Right now I only have 1 character who uses a shield, and who happens to be a Human Guardian, probably the most appropriate wielder of this legendary. Thing is, I already have an ascended shield on him, and after crafting I could instead flip the shield for about 1000g profit, which translates roughly to 3200 gems - not too shabby.

I have a few weeks until my next loyalty chest and the remaining clovers I need to make my decision.

I honestly don't care much for how any of the legendaries look - the Flameseeker was one of those that I actually liked, but if I hadn't received the pre cursor as a drop, I wouldn't even bother.

I've crafted every legendary weapon so far (33 consecutive non-longbows :/) but that's because that's what I spend my gold on. I don't really do fashion wars, don't invest in things like minis, etc. and never buy weapons off the tp (well, except the precursors that are cheaper to make than to craft). I've only ever gotten 2 precursor drops from mobs (both were Venom, naturally) although I've gotten a few from the mf. Mostly though it was Anet allowing us to quest for precursors that opened the gates.

Making legendaries is absolutely no issue for me.

Except the gift of battle.

I get the process of the entire legendary done in about 5 months. Which 2 months are on doing 99%

The other 3 months go to that goddamned gift of battle.

Why the hell did they change that? Why is it a reward track now. I changed servers about 3 times trying to find a map that was accepting of me just hanging around a tag, not being around in teamspeak for it because I don't actually care about strategies, I just want my reward track to be done and leave again until that cursed moment comes that I've finished an entire legendary without the wvw part.

I miss the days where you could farm achievement points, buy a gift of battle with badges of honor and never having to touch actual wvw gameplay. But now I get trashtalked from everywhere if I don't join teamspeak, or play a certain meta build, or don't join a core wvw guild.

I wish there were wvw guilds though that were more accepting of pve players being forced to play a gamemode they dont want to play.

Same goes the other way around with wvw players having to complete the ENTIRE core tyria map for a legendary if they want one.

But then again, mapcompletion isn't like an activity you have to do in a group, farming for a rewardtrack requires you to have a group unless you are good enough to solo roam a wvw map and do it that way but let's be honest, no core pve player is that good.

:/ I wish they'd change it back already.. but if there's a wvw guild in piken square that is accepting towards pve players needing their gifts of battle, let me know because i'd love to get some help for just 1 day in wvw to get my gift.

The Gift of Battle sucks for people who don't want to touch WvW. In my quest for getting Legendary armor done (you have to spend time in it and get pips) getting multiple reward tracks done is swift when you aren't directly working on that. One of these weeks try getting full Diamond rewards in WvW and see how many reward tracks you can get done. Or just do WvW dailies whenever you see easy ones. Big Spender and Veteran Slayer is very simple and requires minimum pariticipation.

> @"cesmode.4257" said:

> > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > Making a legendary is pretty casual when you don't think about it until you get a full stack of all T6 mats.

>

> I have a full stack of T6 mats, and most everything else. Its the precursor that holds me back.

>

Gen 2 legendaries is pretty annoying for that because of absurd achievement and money sink. LW legendaries for all those shards you need.

> @"MauChann.3081" said:

> Making legendaries is absolutely no issue for me.

> Except the gift of battle.

> I get the process of the entire legendary done in about 5 months. Which 2 months are on doing 99%

> The other 3 months go to that goddamned gift of battle.

> Why the hell did they change that? Why is it a reward track now. I changed servers about 3 times trying to find a map that was accepting of me just hanging around a tag, not being around in teamspeak for it because I don't actually care about strategies, I just want my reward track to be done and leave again until that cursed moment comes that I've finished an entire legendary without the wvw part.

>

> I miss the days where you could farm achievement points, buy a gift of battle with badges of honor and never having to touch actual wvw gameplay. But now I get trashtalked from everywhere if I don't join teamspeak, or play a certain meta build, or don't join a core wvw guild.

>

> I wish there were wvw guilds though that were more accepting of pve players being forced to play a gamemode they dont want to play.

> Same goes the other way around with wvw players having to complete the ENTIRE core tyria map for a legendary if they want one.

> But then again, mapcompletion isn't like an activity you have to do in a group, farming for a rewardtrack requires you to have a group unless you are good enough to solo roam a wvw map and do it that way but let's be honest, no core pve player is that good.

>

> :/ I wish they'd change it back already.. but if there's a wvw guild in piken square that is accepting towards pve players needing their gifts of battle, let me know because i'd love to get some help for just 1 day in wvw to get my gift.

Aww, I would roam with you, I'm skilled and I don't roam with squads anyways because mesmers aren't suited for zerging, the only issue I would have crafting a legendary is that I t would 1 to a few months and i'm impatient when it comes to that but I have decided that i'm gonna craft it,i actually started today by doing map completion to get that gift of exploration thing. Sorry I don't know of any guilds in piken square accepting pve players that need gift of battle. So about how long do you play daily for you take a whole of 2 months to get 99% of the stuff, I'm gonna have to most likely stop playing come september

> Aww, I would roam with you, I'm skilled and I don't roam with squads anyways because mesmers aren't suited for zerging, the only issue I would have crafting a legendary is that I t would 1 to a few months and i'm impatient when it comes to that but I have decided that i'm gonna craft it,i actually started today by doing map completion to get that gift of exploration thing. Sorry I don't know of any guilds in piken square accepting pve players that need gift of battle. So about how long do you play daily for you take a whole of 2 months to get 99% of the stuff, I'm gonna have to most likely stop playing come september

>

I usually farm istan for the gold and materials, Im a core pve player anyway so im overflowing in dungeon tokens and gifts of exploration ( got about 30 of them left ).

I play about, 4-8 hours per day, kinda depends on what my irl life schedule is.

And I really don't like roaming in wvw either.. I dont like wvw as a gamemode on its own anyway, except if it's as a zerg because that's just running blindly and if there is a zerg at all it's usually a yellow tag which I think means guild only, or people continously yelling to get in ts or get out the zerg, ( which I also don't get, ts is so medieval, use discord already ).

Eotm is my only other option but in my experiences eotm is only alive in primetime.

> @"MauChann.3081" said:

>

> > Aww, I would roam with you, I'm skilled and I don't roam with squads anyways because mesmers aren't suited for zerging, the only issue I would have crafting a legendary is that I t would 1 to a few months and i'm impatient when it comes to that but I have decided that i'm gonna craft it,i actually started today by doing map completion to get that gift of exploration thing. Sorry I don't know of any guilds in piken square accepting pve players that need gift of battle. So about how long do you play daily for you take a whole of 2 months to get 99% of the stuff, I'm gonna have to most likely stop playing come september

> >

>

> I usually farm istan for the gold and materials, Im a core pve player anyway so im overflowing in dungeon tokens and gifts of exploration ( got about 30 of them left ).

> I play about, 4-8 hours per day, kinda depends on what my irl life schedule is.

> And I really don't like roaming in wvw either.. I dont like wvw as a gamemode on its own anyway, except if it's as a zerg because that's just running blindly and if there is a zerg at all it's usually a yellow tag which I think means guild only, or people continously yelling to get in ts or get out the zerg, ( which I also don't get, ts is so medieval, use discord already ).

> Eotm is my only other option but in my experiences eotm is only alive in primetime.

>

what do you do to get so much gifts of exploration

> > @"MauChann.3081" said:

> >

> > > Aww, I would roam with you, I'm skilled and I don't roam with squads anyways because mesmers aren't suited for zerging, the only issue I would have crafting a legendary is that I t would 1 to a few months and i'm impatient when it comes to that but I have decided that i'm gonna craft it,i actually started today by doing map completion to get that gift of exploration thing. Sorry I don't know of any guilds in piken square accepting pve players that need gift of battle. So about how long do you play daily for you take a whole of 2 months to get 99% of the stuff, I'm gonna have to most likely stop playing come september

> > >

> >

> > I usually farm istan for the gold and materials, Im a core pve player anyway so im overflowing in dungeon tokens and gifts of exploration ( got about 30 of them left ).

> > I play about, 4-8 hours per day, kinda depends on what my irl life schedule is.

> > And I really don't like roaming in wvw either.. I dont like wvw as a gamemode on its own anyway, except if it's as a zerg because that's just running blindly and if there is a zerg at all it's usually a yellow tag which I think means guild only, or people continously yelling to get in ts or get out the zerg, ( which I also don't get, ts is so medieval, use discord already ).

> > Eotm is my only other option but in my experiences eotm is only alive in primetime.

> >

>

> what do you do to get so much gifts of exploration

Have 30 characters, and do map complete on all of them

I have 16 Legendary weapons, Legendary Fractal BP, and Aurora, of my 16 weapons only 1 is gen 2, Gen 2 is a pain in the behind, Gen 1 is easier, only weapons i am missing is underwater Legendary, still contemplating make or not..

Most of the truly expensive ones were made when AB farming was still a thing, the one i made recently the pre cost 100 gold lol, last one i made was The Minstrel...

i don't really understand the point of legendaries. Given that they are statted the same as Ascended, i don't see the incentive to obtain them. I know the stats are switchable, and it shows your investment in the game, but why not have a stat increase over Ascended gear? I feel that would make them much more desirable. For me, the only purpose they serve is to go for precursors to sell to the people that DO want them.