Top 5 class, underrated roamers?

Jay.3409

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Celestia.9128" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > 1. Burst Medi trap DH Sword/focus and GS - Very bursty, does extremely well against stealth classes or those with mobility. Spear denies stealth which is fun in current meta.

>

> can I haz your build?

>

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAsdRnsABVDhlDBWdCkdilBiyKAq2286abgKQe7z+xH-w

I didn't include sigils or gear but for sigils put a Severence Sigil on GS for the 250 ferocity increase to combine with the 250 ferocity increase from retal, I use Infiltration runes for the 12% extra damage and the break target mechanic on the 6th rune piece being a passive stealth and for gear you can have Valk/Marauder sort of mix, you won't need much precision thanks to retal traits and fury spam.

> @"Traveller.7496" said:

> > @"babazhook.6805" said:

> > On my own DE the number one thing that gets me in trouble is not the Stuns. It immobs.

>

> I've definitely seen quite a few DE's roaming around lately. They always give my spellbreaker a hard time since they can engage and disengage so freely.

>

> I usually run Guard counter on Adept trait, but if what you say about immob is true, suppose No escape would be worth a shot? (Dazes and stuns inflict immobilize).

>

> That will of course mean you still need to hit a daze or stun on the DE. Same with Magebane, for it to catch him you need to hit a burst.

>

>

I do not think the Warrior Immob would work that well. It has too short a duration and you need to be able to Immob at range in some manner. It might be ok using Hammer as you can daze enemy players in an area even if they not seen but generally thief will kite if in rifle.Now if it DE using a melee set it a different story and you might have better success using no escape.

With Shouts on warrior bein g changed to AMMO you get two reveals of 6 seconds each as you apply Vuln if using "on my mark". If you time it properly and are cognizant of how many times the DE used his Smeld this skill can work very well on warrior. One more reveal source and or taunt and you can get around his smelds. I recently started using this on one of my own warrior builds.

> @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > @"babazhook.6805" said:

> > On my own DE the number one thing that gets me in trouble is not the Stuns. It immobs.

> you can still dodge (into stealth) while immobed when kneeling. helps alot to deal with immobs. unless ofc you get immobed in motion then it sometimes bugs and you cant use kneel for whatever reason.

>

The Immobs that get me are the ones followed by AOE or with the channeled type attacks and specifically if they stacked. Ranger has some nasty ones that do not need a target. Generally if it a 1v1 you can survive. If traited you can get two reveals of 6 seconds each per 20 seconds better then twice the rate at which DE can get Smelds to remove reveals. DE certainly has other stealth choices but they do not work against revealed.

> @"babazhook.6805" said:

> > @"Traveller.7496" said:

> > > @"babazhook.6805" said:

> > > On my own DE the number one thing that gets me in trouble is not the Stuns. It immobs.

> >

> > I've definitely seen quite a few DE's roaming around lately. They always give my spellbreaker a hard time since they can engage and disengage so freely.

> >

> > I usually run Guard counter on Adept trait, but if what you say about immob is true, suppose No escape would be worth a shot? (Dazes and stuns inflict immobilize).

> >

> > That will of course mean you still need to hit a daze or stun on the DE. Same with Magebane, for it to catch him you need to hit a burst.

> >

> >

>

> I do not think the Warrior Immob would work that well. It has too short a duration and you need to be able to Immob at range in some manner. It might be ok using Hammer as you can daze enemy players in an area even if they not seen but generally thief will kite if in rifle.Now if it DE using a melee set it a different story and you might have better success using no escape.

>

> With Shouts on warrior bein g changed to AMMO you get two reveals of 6 seconds each as you apply Vuln if using "on my mark". If you time it properly and are cognizant of how many times the DE used his Smeld this skill can work very well on warrior. One more reveal source and or taunt and you can get around his smelds. I recently started using this on one of my own warrior builds.

OOps

> @"coro.3176" said:

> > @"Jay.3409" said:

> > Yeah yeah... we got mesmer, dead eye.. and ofc the crowd favorite.. condi mes..

> >

> > but how bout the underrated ones? what classes do you have fun with roaming that isnt "meta" roamers?

> >

> >

>

> I actually find deadeye to be a pretty bad roamer now. It's a perpetual annoyance and it has great disengage/stealth, but it's not going to kill anyone unless it's +1-ing a fight in progress. It's definitely not going to go 1vX against anyone with half a brain.

Ive seen ghost snipers take down a group of 3 or 4. I was only able to beat it by swapping utilities for a stun/daze. Blocks/reflects are near useless due to DJ begin unblockable. Due to SA, condis are not as effective.

> @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > @"coro.3176" said:

> > > @"Jay.3409" said:

> > > Yeah yeah... we got mesmer, dead eye.. and ofc the crowd favorite.. condi mes..

> > >

> > > but how bout the underrated ones? what classes do you have fun with roaming that isnt "meta" roamers?

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I actually find deadeye to be a pretty bad roamer now. It's a perpetual annoyance and it has great disengage/stealth, but it's not going to kill anyone unless it's +1-ing a fight in progress. It's definitely not going to go 1vX against anyone with half a brain.

>

>

> Ive seen ghost snipers take down a group of 3 or 4. I was only able to beat it by swapping utilities for a stun/daze. Blocks/reflects are near useless due to DJ begin unblockable. Due to SA, condis are not as effective.

>

stun and daze are not more usefull than blocks and reflects.

if the deadeye knows what you can slot and better, what you have slotted. then he can prepare for it and approch you in a way that you either cant use it or that you cant put it to use. there is absolutely nothing that will make you kill a prepared deadeye in a 1 vs 1.

coro questioned the deadliness of deadeyes, not their survivability. now if they kill a group of 3 or 4 them those 3 or 4 did not use downed state, but your right that happens ALOT. but it doesnt really matter as no class is going to kill 2 people on same skill level unless like really big build advantage like a ranger vs 2x scourge and when fighting noobs you can win outnumbered even on a deadeye without any cleave or options to keep attacking while tanking incoming hits. so only the deadliness in 1 vs 1 matters. if you fight a good deadeye you will lose, you could run away and say deadeye is not good roamer cause i can run, you can run/escape from everyone tho.

as for the topic as i have been only posting about DE, i should add something...

in current matchup the opposing roamers are:

solo mostly soulbeast,warrior and mesmer , not so frequent but still there weaver and DH as well as the allways present weird solo necro.

in small groups also more deadeyes, holos , revs and many necs. oh and rezbots

there are also a bunch of non deadeye thieves solo but they are mostly on EBG around SMC and i dont play there much, the ones i saw were mostly s/d core.

i cant make a toplist for that as i dont see a reason to underrate an opponent, only because they dont run meta doesnt mean that i dont know what they are capable of.

> @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > @"coro.3176" said:

> > > > @"Jay.3409" said:

> > > > Yeah yeah... we got mesmer, dead eye.. and ofc the crowd favorite.. condi mes..

> > > >

> > > > but how bout the underrated ones? what classes do you have fun with roaming that isnt "meta" roamers?

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > I actually find deadeye to be a pretty bad roamer now. It's a perpetual annoyance and it has great disengage/stealth, but it's not going to kill anyone unless it's +1-ing a fight in progress. It's definitely not going to go 1vX against anyone with half a brain.

> >

> >

> > Ive seen ghost snipers take down a group of 3 or 4. I was only able to beat it by swapping utilities for a stun/daze. Blocks/reflects are near useless due to DJ begin unblockable. Due to SA, condis are not as effective.

> >

> stun and daze are not more usefull than blocks and reflects.

They are if you think about it.

Blocks/reflects do nothing against a DJ spamming ghost sniper, thus they are useless to equip

Stuns/Dazes can do something to the DE if you catch him at the proper time, giving you a chance to follow up with an attack.

reflect = useless

Stun = a chance

> @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > > @"coro.3176" said:

> > > > > @"Jay.3409" said:

> > > > > Yeah yeah... we got mesmer, dead eye.. and ofc the crowd favorite.. condi mes..

> > > > >

> > > > > but how bout the underrated ones? what classes do you have fun with roaming that isnt "meta" roamers?

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I actually find deadeye to be a pretty bad roamer now. It's a perpetual annoyance and it has great disengage/stealth, but it's not going to kill anyone unless it's +1-ing a fight in progress. It's definitely not going to go 1vX against anyone with half a brain.

> > >

> > >

> > > Ive seen ghost snipers take down a group of 3 or 4. I was only able to beat it by swapping utilities for a stun/daze. Blocks/reflects are near useless due to DJ begin unblockable. Due to SA, condis are not as effective.

> > >

> > stun and daze are not more usefull than blocks and reflects.

>

> They are if you think about it.

>

> Blocks/reflects do nothing against a DJ spamming ghost sniper, thus they are useless to equip

>

> Stuns/Dazes can do something to the DE if you catch him at the proper time, giving you a chance to follow up with an attack.

>

> reflect = useless

> Stun = a chance

>

effects on yourself like blocks and reflects are reliable, in case of fighting a deadeye using rifle it will prevent buildup shots wich gives you time to either attack or get away.

effects on your target like CCs or reveal are unreliable as they can be avoided by the target. there are very few CC skills that i get hit from and if i can get hit by them then ususally in a way that my opponents cant profit from them. the most usefull CC in the game against a deadeye is an offensive rangers longbow knockback while he is unblockable as it is fast, on range and unblockable on a class that can keep that pressure on range, yet even that i usually know if the ranger will have unblockable buff and then have prepared to quickly LoS / port out of their range.

so its very likely you wont even get to hit that CC on the deadeye, yet the blocks will allways help. because there is no reason to attack you in a way that you can kill me as i can pick the moment and way i start my fight. when i pick my fights as deadeye i dont just pick the opponent but everything, the place, time and way it starts. so offensive tools to try killing the deadeye, i can avoid them all. defensive tools that help you survive, well cant catch them all. so against a deadeye blocks/reflects > CC, unless ofc you expect a bad deadeye and as with all other classes the majority of deadeyes aswell are bad so you can try. it just useless trying against a good one.

> @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > > > @"coro.3176" said:

> > > > > > @"Jay.3409" said:

> > > > > > Yeah yeah... we got mesmer, dead eye.. and ofc the crowd favorite.. condi mes..

> > > > > >

> > > > > > but how bout the underrated ones? what classes do you have fun with roaming that isnt "meta" roamers?

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I actually find deadeye to be a pretty bad roamer now. It's a perpetual annoyance and it has great disengage/stealth, but it's not going to kill anyone unless it's +1-ing a fight in progress. It's definitely not going to go 1vX against anyone with half a brain.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Ive seen ghost snipers take down a group of 3 or 4. I was only able to beat it by swapping utilities for a stun/daze. Blocks/reflects are near useless due to DJ begin unblockable. Due to SA, condis are not as effective.

> > > >

> > > stun and daze are not more usefull than blocks and reflects.

> >

> > They are if you think about it.

> >

> > Blocks/reflects do nothing against a DJ spamming ghost sniper, thus they are useless to equip

> >

> > Stuns/Dazes can do something to the DE if you catch him at the proper time, giving you a chance to follow up with an attack.

> >

> > reflect = useless

> > Stun = a chance

> >

>

> effects on yourself like blocks and reflects are reliable, in case of fighting a deadeye using rifle it will prevent buildup shots wich gives you time to either attack or get away.

> effects on your target like CCs or reveal are unreliable as they can be avoided by the target. there are very few CC skills that i get hit from and if i can get hit by them then ususally in a way that my opponents cant profit from them. the most usefull CC in the game against a deadeye is an offensive rangers longbow knockback while he is unblockable as it is fast, on range and unblockable on a class that can keep that pressure on range, yet even that i usually know if the ranger will have unblockable buff and then have prepared to quickly LoS / port out of their range.

>

> so its very likely you wont even get to hit that CC on the deadeye, yet the blocks will allways help. because there is no reason to attack you in a way that you can kill me as i can pick the moment and way i start my fight. when i pick my fights as deadeye i dont just pick the opponent but everything, the place, time and way it starts. so offensive tools to try killing the deadeye, i can avoid them all. defensive tools that help you survive, well cant catch them all. so against a deadeye blocks/reflects > CC, unless ofc you expect a bad deadeye and as with all other classes the majority of deadeyes aswell are bad so you can try. it just useless trying against a good one.

From what I have encountered, all ghost snipers mainly use DJ due to the unblockable. My thought is to see if the player has any blocks/reflects. If not, then 2 or 3 round burst em. If DJ was not unblockable, it wouldnt be as bad imo.

> @"Jay.3409" said:

> Yeah yeah... we got mesmer, dead eye.. and ofc the crowd favorite.. condi mes..

>

> but how bout the underrated ones? what classes do you have fun with roaming that isnt "meta" roamers?

>

>

A hybrid sword/dagger weaver can roam and win most encounters if played well. The caveat being that it cannot chase down the highly mobile roamers if they choose to run.

Maybe not "underrated" but as for a few things that weren't mentioned in the OP:

Soulbeast: The most prevalent build I see out there roaming is the sic em longbow spammer soulbeast. It deals insane damage from 1700+ range and can easily one shot pretty much anything (without passives) with a sic em rapid fire (unblockable btw 4Head). If they get the open on you from 1700 range, you're probably screwed from the very beginning because it also has access to up to 3 "endure pain" skills as well as kiting tools, stealth, evasion, and very high damage up close too. IMO the damage that longbow can put out when combined with all the soulbeast damage mods is one of the most broken things in WvW where you don't need to hold a point and can engage freely from max range, spamming skills without any need to defend as you have the longest range in the game. Made extremely popular during no downstate week, pretty much everyone I know tried it. Probably needs a hit to the bonuses that you get when entering beastmode, such as sic em not being 40% damage mod for the ranger itself.

Holosmith: This is the most common engi has ever been in WvW, since it's generally not used as a dps class in zergs. It's extremely easy to pick up, has good sustain with healing turret/water leap combos/vent exhaust, it can spam CC, and most importantly it does crazy damage up close while still being good at range. Add perma quickness and near perma stab and it's quickly become one of the most popular builds to see roaming. Holosmith also has good kiting abilities and even if you don't get locked down by the CC, you'll still get hit and chunked by something since their skills are all on very low CDs. Bonus points to the armored-up pistol/shield variant that makes outnumbered fighting pretty easy considering you're now a tank but still deal very high damage due to photon forge scaling. Holosmith probably needs either a hit to their boon uptime or to their frankly ridiculous damage output in photon forge.

Herald: My main class, it's becoming popular again because of offhand sword and people realizing how much damage rev does. Put simply, rev does too much damage. The matchups against classes like warrior and guardian are almost trivialized because if you know how to dodge, you will be able to kill them. With the rise of offhand sword, more and more people have been trying out herald and now it's more of a glorified one-shot class, just with less escapability or maneuverability than a thief or mesmer. Rev does very well against a lot of power classes, I'd say that it's not the best in 1v1 duels because of its relatively low sustain and lack of stab. You'll have a tough time against anything that has significant tankiness/sustain, such as the aforementioned soulbeast, and to a lesser extent holosmith. Not to mention the condi cleanse is still garbage. However, it is becoming extremely strong in small groups again. Herald damage was fine before the sword rework, and now it's just oppressive, hitting too hard with barely any effort. The only other classes that risk less to burst heavily are the other two I've mentioned in this post, in my opinion. My suggestions are to hit the damage of sword 4 significantly as it is a near instant skill with barely any tell. Sword 5 also hits way too fast after the previous balance patch.. I would suggest nerfing offhand sword and/or Incensed Response to lower the ridiculous one-shot capability and effortless might generation, while choosing to buff axe (damage and cast times) and shield (adding a small amount of condi cleanse).

> @"ventusthunder.5067" said:

> Maybe not "underrated" but as for a few things that weren't mentioned in the OP:

>

> Soulbeast: The most prevalent build I see out there roaming is the sic em longbow spammer soulbeast. It deals insane damage from 1700+ range and can easily one shot pretty much anything (without passives) with a sic em rapid fire (unblockable btw 4Head). If they get the open on you from 1700 range, you're probably screwed from the very beginning because it also has access to up to 3 "endure pain" skills as well as kiting tools, stealth, evasion, and very high damage up close too. IMO the damage that longbow can put out when combined with all the soulbeast damage mods is one of the most broken things in WvW where you don't need to hold a point and can engage freely from max range, spamming skills without any need to defend as you have the longest range in the game. Made extremely popular during no downstate week, pretty much everyone I know tried it. Probably needs a hit to the bonuses that you get when entering beastmode, such as sic em not being 40% damage mod for the ranger itself.

>

> Holosmith: This is the most common engi has ever been in WvW, since it's generally not used as a dps class in zergs. It's extremely easy to pick up, has good sustain with healing turret/water leap combos/vent exhaust, it can spam CC, and most importantly it does crazy damage up close while still being good at range. Add perma quickness and near perma stab and it's quickly become one of the most popular builds to see roaming. Holosmith also has good kiting abilities and even if you don't get locked down by the CC, you'll still get hit and chunked by something since their skills are all on very low CDs. Bonus points to the armored-up pistol/shield variant that makes outnumbered fighting pretty easy considering you're now a tank but still deal very high damage due to photon forge scaling. Holosmith probably needs either a hit to their boon uptime or to their frankly ridiculous damage output in photon forge.

>

> Herald: My main class, it's becoming popular again because of offhand sword and people realizing how much damage rev does. Put simply, rev does too much damage. The matchups against classes like warrior and guardian are almost trivialized because if you know how to dodge, you will be able to kill them. With the rise of offhand sword, more and more people have been trying out herald and now it's more of a glorified one-shot class, just with less escapability or maneuverability than a thief or mesmer. Rev does very well against a lot of power classes, I'd say that it's not the best in 1v1 duels because of its relatively low sustain and lack of stab. You'll have a tough time against anything that has significant tankiness/sustain, such as the aforementioned soulbeast, and to a lesser extent holosmith. Not to mention the condi cleanse is still garbage. However, it is becoming extremely strong in small groups again. Herald damage was fine before the sword rework, and now it's just oppressive, hitting too hard with barely any effort. The only other classes that risk less to burst heavily are the other two I've mentioned in this post, in my opinion. My suggestions are to hit the damage of sword 4 significantly as it is a near instant skill with barely any tell. Sword 5 also hits way too fast after the previous balance patch.. I would suggest nerfing offhand sword and/or Incensed Response to lower the ridiculous one-shot capability and effortless might generation, while choosing to buff axe (damage and cast times) and shield (adding a small amount of condi cleanse).

I quote everything, soulbeast right now is so toxic to play against, it is a spellbreaker with 1500(?) range, stealth, unblockables, good mobility, high regen, blocks, many soft and hard CCs and a pet. Sometimes I use leaps and teleports for over 2k range and them camping longbow autoattacks are still able to hit me, ok. It works because it's so low risk high reward and easy to play. Even if you run marauder and zerk you are still crazy tanky.

I quote that revenant offhand hits so hard, but tried it for the first time ever revenent I was constantly downed in my 2 hours of gameplay xD. I could oneshot only newbie yo wvw players. Even if the burst is so high, you are not immediately a champion with it. Seems it takes lot of practice and learning curve.

Against good opponents you can't that reliable hit sword4 and sword5. That's why even if I get killed by a revenant I'm not mad at him, because I know how hard is to play the profession effectively. Opposite feeling when you fight mesmers, scourges, soulbeasts, druids and warriors. Half the job is made by the profession and not by your skill level. Playing rev one mistake i get insta nuked, playing warrior i can have a coffee while fighting and still win, just to say.

Reaper is probably another underestimated profession to roam with, the only 2 variants which works are full power, or full condi. Both extremely easy to play, every single skill they cast is worth a dodge or it takes half of your health instantly. The only treat are ranged professions and thieves. You can eat warriors alive no problem, you eat holos alive no problem, guards (except dh) are not a big deal, even dh you have a chance if you run the more stupid perma chill condi version.

Necro mains complains of the lack of mobility, but to be honest I don't know why, if they get mobility too becomes too crazy op. And in a fight the reaper shroud leap is not that bad as movement skill. Plus they almost have perma stability entering shroud.

Dragonhunter is still okay and you can achieve still pretty good results in lot of 1vs1s. Not bad, but not that spectacular either.

Core guardian with new hard hitting focus is probably superior to dragonhunter right now, thanks to radiance traitline and the high burst it has. If you fail multiple times your burst there aren't many ways to recover, especially after renewed focus is used already.

It's crazy how soulbeast and rangers are lately causing me more troubles than condi and power mirage.

Since the post is about underrated roamers, no point to mention warriors, mesmers, thieves...

I agree about sword revenants. If they are good they are incredibly dangerous and bursty. I met one Piken charr guy last evening who just wiped the floor with me all over. Then some other encounters with a similar build ended up being my fast victories. Have to respect someone who can play that build well, seems to have a high risk / high reward scenario.

Also same on the annoying soulbeasts. Try to catch them, they disengage, then they shoot you in the back. With unblockables to boot. I know that I should try to take the fight to their face, but the good ones are just so slippery.

> @"Traveller.7496" said:

> I agree about sword revenants. If they are good they are incredibly dangerous and bursty. I met one Piken charr guy last evening who just wiped the floor with me all over. Then some other encounters with a similar build ended up being my fast victories. Have to respect someone who can play that build well, seems to have a high risk / high reward scenario.

>

> Also same on the annoying soulbeasts. Try to catch them, they disengage, then they shoot you in the back. With unblockables to boot. I know that I should try to take the fight to their face, but the good ones are just so slippery.

If you fight them close, they root you plus axe5 and world impact and you get downed in 2 seconds really.

They have stupid ranged pressure, stupid melee pressure, mobility, regen, stealth, unblockables, almost perma protection (not as much as druids), bugged range on longbow and pet, burst and sustained damage.

Even if they don't run condi, perma poison, immob, cripple; those soft CCs are so nasty to deal with.

If they are about to die they can disengage easily and get back to full health with not much effort. They have a good time dealing with both condi and power pressure.

I really can't find something they don't have, probably teleports skills, oh and yeah, many run passive and active stone signet too, so 1-2 invulns at their disposal, not to mention they are nearly impossible to CC due to long stab duration and stunbreaks.

It's a buffed spellbreaker actually. I don't know why people keep defending it. Right now is probably top 1 in low risk high reward profession.

You can 1vs2 easier than spellbreaker with this build.

Revenant is become a oneshot kind of build as well, the difference is how one mistake cost you the victory. In soulbeast, power mirage, spellbreaker etc. You can afford to commit multiple mistakes and still win because the profession carries you, that's the thing which makes me mad and sad.

Then of course there are very good players out there who kills you because they are simply better, but life is easier playing a profession which does half the job for you.

> @"Shadowcat.2680" said:

> > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > bugged range on longbow

> >

> Every weapon in the game with arcing projectiles has a longer range than the tooltip states. **Staff autoattack** on ele has the same behavior as does any bow variant.

Especially with what amounts to splash damage from Fireball.

It's allowed me to hit catas on walls when I can hit an npc. (Not the most efficient but..)

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"Shadowcat.2680" said:

> > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > bugged range on longbow

> > >

> > Every weapon in the game with arcing projectiles has a longer range than the tooltip states. **Staff autoattack** on ele has the same behavior as does any bow variant.

>

> Especially with what amounts to splash damage from Fireball.

>

> It's allowed me to hit catas on walls when I can hit an npc. (Not the most efficient but..)

>

use action can and you dont need an npc. on projectiles without splash , action cam allows you to hit targets that would be obstructed, by not aiming at the center of the hitbox. so i would advise to allways have a toggle to switch action cam on and off keybinded somewhere :3

> @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"Shadowcat.2680" said:

> > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > bugged range on longbow

> > > >

> > > Every weapon in the game with arcing projectiles has a longer range than the tooltip states. **Staff autoattack** on ele has the same behavior as does any bow variant.

> >

> > Especially with what amounts to splash damage from Fireball.

> >

> > It's allowed me to hit catas on walls when I can hit an npc. (Not the most efficient but..)

> >

>

> use action can and you dont need an npc. on projectiles without splash , action cam allows you to hit targets that would be obstructed, by not aiming at the center of the hitbox. so i would advise to allways have a toggle to switch action cam on and off keybinded somewhere :3

Agreed, and I do, but sometimes, the AC is further back, and, even when not targeted or action can, splash seems harder to do With the NPC it seems easier.

Will break it out for some more practice tonight. :innocent:

> @"Shadowcat.2680" said:

> > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > bugged range on longbow

> >

> Every weapon in the game with arcing projectiles has a longer range than the tooltip states. Staff autoattack on ele has the same behavior as does any bow variant.

Probably true, but in ranger is too much.

Today using warrior in wvw I wanted to make a "test" and i started running away from a ranger almost near to him. I have the passive 25% mov. speed. I had swiftness and we were both in combat because he started shooting me. I used greatsword5 (1200 range) bull's charge (900 range)= 2100 range. He was camping longbow and didn't use any leap because I was looking back, after few seconds the arrows were already able to hit me, for sure I wasn't less then 1800 range.

This happened to me many many times, I am like 1000hp and I am running away using all my mobility skills, nothing you can do, ranger will still be able to reach you.

When I play longbow dh or rifle holo I get constantly obstructed by invisible objects and out of range red message.

Today ranger's projectiles hit me around a corner and he downed me, I was running away from him and I just passed a corner of a building I was the arrow pass through and hit me, I was like WTF, I get obstructed by invisible terrain sh*t and this guy got me behind a corner. And not with longbow5, but with pew pew longbow. I wish I could screen that moment where the arrow where passing through, but I was just too mad think about that.

The sword/sword revenant is just crazy powerful. Huge spikes and good healing too. I know I'm not the best player (I play a spellbreaker) but man, I was getting completely clowned by that guy over the last few days.

It's also kind of a demoralizing thing to meet such roamers who will completely mop the floor with you without you being even able to touch them. Guess it's part of the learning process?

> @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > @"Shadowcat.2680" said:

> > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > bugged range on longbow

> > >

> > Every weapon in the game with arcing projectiles has a longer range than the tooltip states. Staff autoattack on ele has the same behavior as does any bow variant.

>

> Probably true, but in ranger is too much.

>

> Today using warrior in wvw I wanted to make a "test" and i started running away from a ranger almost near to him. I have the passive 25% mov. speed. I had swiftness and we were both in combat because he started shooting me. I used greatsword5 (1200 range) bull's charge (900 range)= 2100 range. He was camping longbow and didn't use any leap because I was looking back, after few seconds the arrows were already able to hit me, for sure I wasn't less then 1800 range.

> This happened to me many many times, I am like 1000hp and I am running away using all my mobility skills, nothing you can do, ranger will still be able to reach you.

>

> When I play longbow dh or rifle holo I get constantly obstructed by invisible objects and out of range red message.

>

> Today ranger's projectiles hit me around a corner and he downed me, I was running away from him and I just passed a corner of a building I was the arrow pass through and hit me, I was like kitten, I get obstructed by invisible terrain kitten and this guy got me behind a corner. And not with longbow5, but with pew pew longbow. I wish I could screen that moment where the arrow where passing through, but I was just too mad think about that.

So what you basicly reached as conclusion in this test is...

... that ranged weapons have range?