a

Lady Loony.9314

Here's a quick and cheap way to get the Raidmarshal Bayonet. Unlock all the Elonian weapon skins. Completing the collection will give you the Chest of the First Spear, which lets you pick an exotic named sunspear weapon, including the Raidmarshal Bayonet. Of course, you can only complete this achievement once, so if you already got the chest and picked some other skin, I think you'll have to dish out some cash and buy it from the TP (currently like 40g, I think).

You need to either get lucky or purchase two of the items from the trade post. The Raidmarshal's Bayonet is currently at 50g on the trade post. It is an exotic, and unless you have a very high magic luck find - you're not getting it anytime soon. And the other item you need is going to be the Awakened Rifle, which is a rare find. I have no idea where the fuck you're supposed to get the drop from, but you can buy it on the trade post for.... either 2-7 gold.

You need to actually use or salvage these items for it to count. Once you do that with the awakened rifle, you can buy the recipe for the Mordant Bonesplitter, you'll then have to craft it with a 450 huntsman.

The Deadeye's Riddle is obtained in the Elonian Riverlands at the south eastern part of the map. You need to make it to the end of the Deadhouse, and loot the two chests as a deadeye. You need Jackal mastery level 3. PS, do not go in it alone. If you get forcefully dismounted, chances are you won't be able to remount without having to kill everything in that particular area. Just in case bring a melee weapon set. There is an enemy inside who can not be killed by ranged attacks.

To get the Rune of the Deadeye recipe you need to complete an event in the Desolation city of purity. I think it is the one where you stop Awakened from poisoning the crops.

Two of the items you need to buy from a heart vendor. If you look at the hint, it tells you exactly what heart vendor sells what.

> @SpeedyH.4927 said:

> it seems mad to me that in order to get the new spec collection weapon you need the huntsman 450. If you have that you can just craft a normal ascended rifle. You didn't need and artificer to get Bo.

Thats why I gave up getting this weapon. First because I have no use for rifle. It is not that great. Second because I am already maxed in 2 proffessions, I wouldnt lvl another only because of a rifle. I decided to sell the other weapon baionet for 40g. Better than spending 40-50 gold leveling a profession that I dontt need right now.

> @SpeedyH.4927 said:

> it seems mad to me that in order to get the new spec collection weapon you need the huntsman 450. If you have that you can just craft a normal ascended rifle. You didn't need and artificer to get Bo. Lets face it you get it for a cheap ascended. as the skin isn't great.

I think it is cheaper then making an ascended rifle. Max gold spent is maybe 5g with me buying the weapons I needed from the collections chest and the rifle. Everything else is easy to get if you have the time. Compare that too ascended mats which are 5g at their lowest atm. Even if you farm the mats, it still takes longer to make then the rifle.

> @"Dozell Zen.4958" said:

> So turns out salvaging or throwing the Raid marshal rifle into the mystic forge is a very bad idea. I unlocked the skin, but it didn't trigger an unlock in the deadeye collection. Stuck at 12/14 now with 13 being some legendary hunt.

The bounty isn’t legendary. It’s the Forged Warmonger at the palace in Domain Of Vabbi. Regular champion. :)

> @"Dozell Zen.4958" said:

> So turns out salvaging or throwing the Raid marshal rifle into the mystic forge is a very bad idea. I unlocked the skin, but it didn't trigger an unlock in the deadeye collection. Stuck at 12/14 now with 13 being some legendary hunt.

I did this as well with my weaver...seems we were suppose to equip it first :(.

> @GekidoXIII.8064 said:

> I did this as well with my weaver...seems we were suppose to equip it first :(.

Ya :/ I put in a support ticket to see about getting the weapon unlocked in the collection. Haven't heard anything yet, but they are probably super busy with all the dcing and bug fixes. I'm pretty sure I'll have another raid marshal drop via a rare loot bag before I hear back from anet/ the item magically is added to my collection.

> @SpeedyH.4927 said:

> it seems mad to me that in order to get the new spec collection weapon you need the huntsman 450. If you have that you can just craft a normal ascended rifle. You didn't need and artificer to get Bo. Lets face it you get it for a cheap ascended. as the skin isn't great.

you had to make a machined weapon for the HoT collections, which imo was more trouble than these crafings/buying from tp

> @Safari.3021 said:

> > @SpeedyH.4927 said:

> > it seems mad to me that in order to get the new spec collection weapon you need the huntsman 450. If you have that you can just craft a normal ascended rifle. You didn't need and artificer to get Bo. Lets face it you get it for a cheap ascended. as the skin isn't great.

>

> you had to make a machined weapon for the HoT collections, which imo was more trouble than these crafings/buying from tp

You didn't have to be an artificer, you just bought one from trader and some reclaimed metal and chucked it in the forge. Piece of cake.

> @"Doctor Hide.6345" said:

> > @SpeedyH.4927 said:

> > it seems mad to me that in order to get the new spec collection weapon you need the huntsman 450. If you have that you can just craft a normal ascended rifle. You didn't need and artificer to get Bo. Lets face it you get it for a cheap ascended. as the skin isn't great.

>

> I think it is cheaper then making an ascended rifle. Max gold spent is maybe 5g with me buying the weapons I needed from the collections chest and the rifle. Everything else is easy to get if you have the time. Compare that too ascended mats which are 5g at their lowest atm. Even if you farm the mats, it still takes longer to make then the rifle.

You forget the 40+ gold exotic. Getting it for free doesn't change the fact that you could have sold it for 40 gold, adding to the effective cost of the collection.

> @Ktk.5107 said:

> > @"Doctor Hide.6345" said:

> > > @SpeedyH.4927 said:

> > > it seems mad to me that in order to get the new spec collection weapon you need the huntsman 450. If you have that you can just craft a normal ascended rifle. You didn't need and artificer to get Bo. Lets face it you get it for a cheap ascended. as the skin isn't great.

> >

> > I think it is cheaper then making an ascended rifle. Max gold spent is maybe 5g with me buying the weapons I needed from the collections chest and the rifle. Everything else is easy to get if you have the time. Compare that too ascended mats which are 5g at their lowest atm. Even if you farm the mats, it still takes longer to make then the rifle.

>

> You forget the 40+ gold exotic. Getting it for free doesn't change the fact that you could have sold it for 40 gold, adding to the effective cost of the collection.

I disagree with that conclusion. Getting it for free makes a difference because I didn't have to spend the money which means I shouldn't have to add it when I didn't pay for it. Now if I did have to pay for it, I would say it would make a difference, but I didn't. If someone chooses to sell it and complains, then I say it is their own dumb fault for not using it instead. Gold isn't that important to risk getting an easy completion over.