Choosing a class to roam

GrManosXD.3807

> @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > @"Jugglemonkey.8741" said:

> > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > @"Magolith.9412" said:

> > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > If you find 2 skilled players you can never win a 1vs2 as well.

> > > > > So tell me why is a noob statement Mr. 1v3 winner.

> > > > >

> > > > > You probably are not even able to win 1vs1s with your main and talk of 1vs3s?

> > > >

> > > > "Skilled" can describe a wide range of players. I can (and do) win 1v2 against "skilled" players (both zerglings and roamers) often. Hell, it's even possible to win against 2 really, really good players if you get lucky and they screw up enough and/or are running builds that yours excels against. So, maybe you're trying to impress your own fallibilities on others simply because you aren't able to do it?

> > >

> > > Of course of course. What you play? Let me guess... condi hybrid mirage? Record a video of your 1vs2 against good skilled players and your victory.

> > > If you don't yours are just words in the air and self ego.

> > > Maybe you are trying to impress your own crazy high level skills on others.

> >

> > He's not necessarily wrong. If you have a bit of stealth and enough damage to instagib someone you can win 1v2 vs good players as you can make it a 1v1 before the other guy can really do much about it. It's all about knowing what they can do and what your best opener is.

>

> That's not what I consider a 1vs2 against skilled players, that's just cheesy ganking with a cheesy spec.

>

> If that guy get instagib in wvw, he is already not a good player, unless he is afk, and then when he kills the other guy too. he calls it: I won a 1vs2.

>

> And the OP wanted a 1vs3 profession, not even after years you can win a 1vs2 or 1vs3 against good players I repeat.

>

> Did you ever see an high level 1vs1 between two players playing their mains for years? It is already a super tough fight and one mistake from one make the other guy win usually, imagine that skilled guy against TWO skilled guys who don't spam their skills randomly at him, he will get blowed.

>

> That's why I adviced spellbreaker, which shines in 1vs2 or 1vs3 against bad players who spam skills nonstop at him, and with full counter proc you punish all of them and have a great chance at winning.

>

> If you mastered a class you can 1vs2 with anything, but the constant remain, only against bad/average players.

>

> The other they I saw one platinum footman spellbreaker killing 3 people and they were calling him hacker, they kept proccing his full counter and waste burst while he was shielding.

> Afterwards me and my friend found him around while roaming, he didn't drop me and my friend under 75% health, we procced his double endure pain and balanced stance, and we bursted him in 3 seconds immediately when he didn't have anything left, didn't proc full counter a single time. And I am not even that skilled or pro player, I just dodges all his stuns and won after.

>

Well, if I'm 1v2 then the longer the fight goes the less favourable it is for me, so I look to spike them down and finish them as fast as possible to even the odds. That applies regardless of the build I play. If you consider a 1v2 as requiring trading blows evenly and no hard spikes then frankly I question your strategy as you approach such a fight.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > @"Arcaedus.7290" said:

> > What Voltekka said. Every class has at least 1 build that is viable for roaming (necro is arguably the exception). What's most important is you pick the class(es) that you like the most and play the builds most suited to the job.

> >

> > If you want a "fun" way to master the class, set it up with wvw gear, and also a pvp build that closely as possible emulates it. Alternate between doing some unranked matches in pvp and roaming throughout the day which will help you master the mechanics but also expose you to a variety of situations and different builds that you might fight.

>

> Interesting! What viable roaming build has the ele?

> Also very interesting how a new ele player will be able to handle 1vs3... I can imagine 1-2 mirages + 1-2 thieves vs your roaming ele - will be very interesting fight indeed, no?

> You must know something that I don't.

> Can you show me the light, please?

> IMO 8/10 skill rating ele will die vs 3 players 5/10 skill rating 24/7. And 50/50 it will die 1vs1. Please, let me know that roaming ele build.

Sword/dagger weaver is plenty viable for roaming. Build it hybrid and don't make it full glass. It's not as easy to learn as most other roaming builds, but it does fine in 1v1s and even the occasional 1v2 once you know what you're doing on it. And it's actually strong against thieves and mirages, condi or power (though hybrid mirages are more difficult to win against).

> @"GrManosXD.3807" said:

> After playing for a lot of time as cele scourge in zergs , now I want to start roaming ... Unfortunately Reaper isn't that viable right now so I believe it's not a good idea to use him....

>

> What I want for roaming is

> - Pretty Good Mobility

> - High Damage

> - Can 1v3

> - A class what will not take me years to master

>

> I have heard that mirage and Daredevil are pretty good , but how difficult are they to master ?

I use these classes for roaming: GS/Dagger+Shield fullZerk Spellbreaker, full Marauder LB/Sword+Shield Dragonhunter and Reaper with mix of Mara and Cavalier gear using Axe/Warhorn+GS. All of these can comfortably win outnumbered fights but DH is propably the best due to its unending arsenal of blocks, blinds, CC, protection+fury+might generation and all that while doing great dmg. But Reaper is propably even more fun - pull 5 people with Spectral Grasp into the corruption well + GS 4 field, use Nothing Can Save You and Soul Spiral them to death :D Priceless! Feel free to PM me ingame if you're interested, can tell you the exact gears, traits, runes etc. I'm always online except for when I play PvP i use offline mode for that :D

> @"Shadowcat.2680" said:

> > @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > > @"Arcaedus.7290" said:

> > > What Voltekka said. Every class has at least 1 build that is viable for roaming (necro is arguably the exception). What's most important is you pick the class(es) that you like the most and play the builds most suited to the job.

> > >

> > > If you want a "fun" way to master the class, set it up with wvw gear, and also a pvp build that closely as possible emulates it. Alternate between doing some unranked matches in pvp and roaming throughout the day which will help you master the mechanics but also expose you to a variety of situations and different builds that you might fight.

> >

> > Interesting! What viable roaming build has the ele?

> > Also very interesting how a new ele player will be able to handle 1vs3... I can imagine 1-2 mirages + 1-2 thieves vs your roaming ele - will be very interesting fight indeed, no?

> > You must know something that I don't.

> > Can you show me the light, please?

> > IMO 8/10 skill rating ele will die vs 3 players 5/10 skill rating 24/7. And 50/50 it will die 1vs1. Please, let me know that roaming ele build.

>

> Sword/dagger weaver is plenty viable for roaming. Build it hybrid and don't make it full glass. It's not as easy to learn as most other roaming builds, but it does fine in 1v1s and even the occasional 1v2 once you know what you're doing on it. And it's actually strong against thieves and mirages, condi or power (though hybrid mirages are more difficult to win against).

Yep. If want slightly more tanky, go with more Marshals.

Roam on it all the time. Sure I lose to well played mirages, and good thiefs. Otherwise, I give better than I take.

> @"Jugglemonkey.8741" said:

> > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > @"Jugglemonkey.8741" said:

> > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > @"Magolith.9412" said:

> > > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > > If you find 2 skilled players you can never win a 1vs2 as well.

> > > > > > So tell me why is a noob statement Mr. 1v3 winner.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You probably are not even able to win 1vs1s with your main and talk of 1vs3s?

> > > > >

> > > > > "Skilled" can describe a wide range of players. I can (and do) win 1v2 against "skilled" players (both zerglings and roamers) often. Hell, it's even possible to win against 2 really, really good players if you get lucky and they screw up enough and/or are running builds that yours excels against. So, maybe you're trying to impress your own fallibilities on others simply because you aren't able to do it?

> > > >

> > > > Of course of course. What you play? Let me guess... condi hybrid mirage? Record a video of your 1vs2 against good skilled players and your victory.

> > > > If you don't yours are just words in the air and self ego.

> > > > Maybe you are trying to impress your own crazy high level skills on others.

> > >

> > > He's not necessarily wrong. If you have a bit of stealth and enough damage to instagib someone you can win 1v2 vs good players as you can make it a 1v1 before the other guy can really do much about it. It's all about knowing what they can do and what your best opener is.

> >

> > That's not what I consider a 1vs2 against skilled players, that's just cheesy ganking with a cheesy spec.

> >

> > If that guy get instagib in wvw, he is already not a good player, unless he is afk, and then when he kills the other guy too. he calls it: I won a 1vs2.

> >

> > And the OP wanted a 1vs3 profession, not even after years you can win a 1vs2 or 1vs3 against good players I repeat.

> >

> > Did you ever see an high level 1vs1 between two players playing their mains for years? It is already a super tough fight and one mistake from one make the other guy win usually, imagine that skilled guy against TWO skilled guys who don't spam their skills randomly at him, he will get blowed.

> >

> > That's why I adviced spellbreaker, which shines in 1vs2 or 1vs3 against bad players who spam skills nonstop at him, and with full counter proc you punish all of them and have a great chance at winning.

> >

> > If you mastered a class you can 1vs2 with anything, but the constant remain, only against bad/average players.

> >

> > The other they I saw one platinum footman spellbreaker killing 3 people and they were calling him hacker, they kept proccing his full counter and waste burst while he was shielding.

> > Afterwards me and my friend found him around while roaming, he didn't drop me and my friend under 75% health, we procced his double endure pain and balanced stance, and we bursted him in 3 seconds immediately when he didn't have anything left, didn't proc full counter a single time. And I am not even that skilled or pro player, I just dodges all his stuns and won after.

> >

>

> Well, if I'm 1v2 then the longer the fight goes the less favourable it is for me, so I look to spike them down and finish them as fast as possible to even the odds. That applies regardless of the build I play. If you consider a 1v2 as requiring trading blows evenly and no hard spikes then frankly I question your strategy as you approach such a fight.

Wasnt that sort of the point? Against good and aware people that spike generally wont work - or at the very least you're on equal spiking footing and got a 50/50 chance chance of getting spiked yourself. And with 2 that's easier done than one. It's not rocket science. Winning outmanned happens every day, but saying yeah this build can totally win 1v2/1v3 is pointless. It's not your build that's gonna win you the fight, it's the enemy not bringing anything that can match it and you having enough skill to overcome their combined lack of it. Sometimes loosing is as easy as not bringing condi against a perma-stealth teleport thief, sometimes its just bad positioning.

You can easily get another perspective of this by simply being on the other end of the fights. I've seen that one spellbreaker/druid/dd/mirage/whatever fight 2/3 people that are obviously having problems, then engaged myself and found him an incredibly soft target that went down with ease.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"Jugglemonkey.8741" said:

> > > > @"Jugglemonkey.8741" said:

> > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > > @"Magolith.9412" said:

> > > > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > > > If you find 2 skilled players you can never win a 1vs2 as well.

> > > > > > > So tell me why is a noob statement Mr. 1v3 winner.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You probably are not even able to win 1vs1s with your main and talk of 1vs3s?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > "Skilled" can describe a wide range of players. I can (and do) win 1v2 against "skilled" players (both zerglings and roamers) often. Hell, it's even possible to win against 2 really, really good players if you get lucky and they screw up enough and/or are running builds that yours excels against. So, maybe you're trying to impress your own fallibilities on others simply because you aren't able to do it?

> > > > >

> > > > > Of course of course. What you play? Let me guess... condi hybrid mirage? Record a video of your 1vs2 against good skilled players and your victory.

> > > > > If you don't yours are just words in the air and self ego.

> > > > > Maybe you are trying to impress your own crazy high level skills on others.

> > > >

> > > > He's not necessarily wrong. If you have a bit of stealth and enough damage to instagib someone you can win 1v2 vs good players as you can make it a 1v1 before the other guy can really do much about it. It's all about knowing what they can do and what your best opener is.

> > >

> > > That's not what I consider a 1vs2 against skilled players, that's just cheesy ganking with a cheesy spec.

> > >

> > > If that guy get instagib in wvw, he is already not a good player, unless he is afk, and then when he kills the other guy too. he calls it: I won a 1vs2.

> > >

> > > And the OP wanted a 1vs3 profession, not even after years you can win a 1vs2 or 1vs3 against good players I repeat.

> > >

> > > Did you ever see an high level 1vs1 between two players playing their mains for years? It is already a super tough fight and one mistake from one make the other guy win usually, imagine that skilled guy against TWO skilled guys who don't spam their skills randomly at him, he will get blowed.

> > >

> > > That's why I adviced spellbreaker, which shines in 1vs2 or 1vs3 against bad players who spam skills nonstop at him, and with full counter proc you punish all of them and have a great chance at winning.

> > >

> > > If you mastered a class you can 1vs2 with anything, but the constant remain, only against bad/average players.

> > >

> > > The other they I saw one platinum footman spellbreaker killing 3 people and they were calling him hacker, they kept proccing his full counter and waste burst while he was shielding.

> > > Afterwards me and my friend found him around while roaming, he didn't drop me and my friend under 75% health, we procced his double endure pain and balanced stance, and we bursted him in 3 seconds immediately when he didn't have anything left, didn't proc full counter a single time. And I am not even that skilled or pro player, I just dodges all his stuns and won after.

> > >

> >

> > Well, if I'm 1v2 then the longer the fight goes the less favourable it is for me, so I look to spike them down and finish them as fast as possible to even the odds. That applies regardless of the build I play. If you consider a 1v2 as requiring trading blows evenly and no hard spikes then frankly I question your strategy as you approach such a fight.

>

> Wasnt that sort of the point? Against good and aware people that spike generally wont work - or at the very least you're on equal spiking footing and got a 50/50 chance chance of getting spiked yourself. And with 2 that's easier done than one. It's not rocket science. Winning outmanned happens every day, but saying yeah this build can totally win 1v2/1v3 is pointless. It's not your build that's gonna win you the fight, it's the enemy not bringing anything that can match it and you having enough skill to overcome their combined lack of it. Sometimes loosing is as easy as not bringing condi against a perma-stealth teleport thief, sometimes its just bad positioning.

>

> You can easily get another perspective of this by simply being on the other end of the fights. I've seen that one spellbreaker/druid/dd/mirage/whatever fight 2/3 people that are obviously having problems, then engaged myself and found him an incredibly soft target that went down with ease.

Yeah, I agree with the majority of what you're both saying, I was more responding to him calling the tactic of spiking hard to eliminate enemies individually cheesy, to me that's just an obvious tactic. There's a number of specs that can easily 100-0 a single enemy so I don't see what's wrong with using high damage spikes and target drops to get an edge when outnumbered, why should I fight both of them if I can kill each of them individually while avoiding the other? Might just be a perspective thing.

And yeah, organised groups of good players can be a real handful, I go for those guys specifically as I like the challenge they present. Especially if I can see a couple players in their group I know I can drop almost instantly.

> > @"Magolith.9412" said:

> > The clips I posted are just from the past couple weeks since I started recording. But, it doesn't really matter what vids I post. You'll always find some excuse (they did this, they didnt do that, there's a bad player there in that 1v3 so it doesn't count, yada yada yada) to dismiss everything.

> >

> > The fact that you think I'm a one-shot mirage tells me all I need to know about your assessments. I guess I'm supposed to auto-attack everybody to death and not try to chain skills eh? I propose you go find some power burst videos from mesmers and thiefs and tell me if you still think I'm a 1-shotter. Only time I *ever* come close to 1-shotting anybody on hybrid is if they're squishy as kitten, new, and are on siege or just letting me hit them.

>

> Yeah you are hybrid and all, your chain burst damage can still oneshot as I saw.

> First video minute 1:05 dropped the dragon hunter from 70% health to zero in 1 second. If that's not oneshot burst what is it excuse me?

> Happened the same to the chrono before.

> So I repeat, you did those outnumbers because they are bad players and instead you are very good, simple as that.

>

> >I guess I'm supposed to auto-attack everybody to death and not try to chain skills eh?

>

> That's exactly what your opponents did indeed. Plus random spam their burst into your evades.

>

> In the soulbeasts fights you got clutch victory just because of that tree you used to interrupt LOS. If the other soulbeast was half decent you were dead before realizing what's happened, because I repeat for the third time you can't win 1vs2 if you fight SKILLED people.

>

> Second video versus Herald and Daredevil, the herald was almost dead by the guards... and had to run away, and just this says everything about your opponent if you know what I mean, when then you fought them down, the daredevil never used stealth, he was camping shortbow and running, never tried to go stealth and be in advantage.

>

> >But, it doesn't really matter what vids I post. You'll always find some excuse (they did this, they didnt do that

>

> The problem is they are not excuses and everybody can see in the video those things I am saying! It's all proved there.

> The time the thief used stealth he almost killed you with a backstab if im' not wrong, but then for some odd reason he kept camping shortbow instead of finish you out.

>

>

>

the OP asked to kill people 1 vs 3. he did not say they must be all skilled. would you consider the average opponent in WvW during roaming as skilled? i dont. so i am not sure why it matters if you can kill 2 opponents that play perfectly without any cheese, hardcounter or whatever 'excuse' . because you rarely will run into a group of good opponents(by a definition that asks for perfect play) in WvW and then there is no reason not to abuse your envoirement , high bursts etc. if you do. people unable to use their envoirement i wouldnt call skilled to begin with tho..

> @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > @"Magolith.9412" said:

> > > The clips I posted are just from the past couple weeks since I started recording. But, it doesn't really matter what vids I post. You'll always find some excuse (they did this, they didnt do that, there's a bad player there in that 1v3 so it doesn't count, yada yada yada) to dismiss everything.

> > >

> > > The fact that you think I'm a one-shot mirage tells me all I need to know about your assessments. I guess I'm supposed to auto-attack everybody to death and not try to chain skills eh? I propose you go find some power burst videos from mesmers and thiefs and tell me if you still think I'm a 1-shotter. Only time I *ever* come close to 1-shotting anybody on hybrid is if they're squishy as kitten, new, and are on siege or just letting me hit them.

> >

> > Yeah you are hybrid and all, your chain burst damage can still oneshot as I saw.

> > First video minute 1:05 dropped the dragon hunter from 70% health to zero in 1 second. If that's not oneshot burst what is it excuse me?

> > Happened the same to the chrono before.

> > So I repeat, you did those outnumbers because they are bad players and instead you are very good, simple as that.

> >

> > >I guess I'm supposed to auto-attack everybody to death and not try to chain skills eh?

> >

> > That's exactly what your opponents did indeed. Plus random spam their burst into your evades.

> >

> > In the soulbeasts fights you got clutch victory just because of that tree you used to interrupt LOS. If the other soulbeast was half decent you were dead before realizing what's happened, because I repeat for the third time you can't win 1vs2 if you fight SKILLED people.

> >

> > Second video versus Herald and Daredevil, the herald was almost dead by the guards... and had to run away, and just this says everything about your opponent if you know what I mean, when then you fought them down, the daredevil never used stealth, he was camping shortbow and running, never tried to go stealth and be in advantage.

> >

> > >But, it doesn't really matter what vids I post. You'll always find some excuse (they did this, they didnt do that

> >

> > The problem is they are not excuses and everybody can see in the video those things I am saying! It's all proved there.

> > The time the thief used stealth he almost killed you with a backstab if im' not wrong, but then for some odd reason he kept camping shortbow instead of finish you out.

> >

> >

> >

>

> the OP asked to kill people 1 vs 3. he did not say they must be all skilled. would you consider the average opponent in WvW during roaming as skilled? i dont. so i am not sure why it matters if you can kill 2 opponents that play perfectly without any cheese, hardcounter or whatever 'excuse' . because you rarely will run into a group of good opponents(by a definition that asks for perfect play) in WvW and then there is no reason not to abuse your envoirement , high bursts etc. if you do. people unable to use their envoirement i wouldnt call skilled to begin with tho..

So?

He asked a profession good at 1vs3 and I said the best is spellbreaker, dot.

I also said don't expect to kill skilled players 1vs2, because that never happens, if you win a 1v2s, 1v3s it means the opponents were either bad, or you ganked them off cooldowns, stop.

Then this guy claimed he is able to 1vs3 skilled players, he posted many video and in those clips I couldn't find a single skilled player imho.

End of the story.

Why nobody understand my point?

Of course I won many many 1vs2s or 1vs3s as well while roaming, but they were new players or really bad ones, as soon as I faced 2 good players who knew how to dodge there was nothing I could do.

Especially if you face someone who knows what he is doing with a good thief, you have zero chances to win that 1vs2.

This was all my point. Now stop misunderstand please.

Wouldn't it be easier to just mention classes that are especially bad at 1vX? Builds that are more for support or single target/low mobility for instance. IMO if want to fight 1vX then cleave to hit lots of opponents is necessary, also need a way to reliably disengage and heal. Holosmith, Spellbreaker and Dragon Hunters come to mind. Possibly hammer guard and power reaper.

> @"Magolith.9412" said:

> > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > If you find 2 skilled players you can never win a 1vs2 as well.

> > > > So tell me why is a noob statement Mr. 1v3 winner.

> > > >

> > > > You probably are not even able to win 1vs1s with your main and talk of 1vs3s?

> > >

> > > "Skilled" can describe a wide range of players. I can (and do) win 1v2 against "skilled" players (both zerglings and roamers) often. Hell, it's even possible to win against 2 really, really good players if you get lucky and they screw up enough and/or are running builds that yours excels against. So, maybe you're trying to impress your own fallibilities on others simply because you aren't able to do it?

> >

> > Of course of course. What you play? Let me guess... condi hybrid mirage? Record a video of your 1vs2 against good skilled players and your victory.

> > If you don't yours are just words in the air and self ego.

> > Maybe you are trying to impress your own crazy high level skills on others.

>

> Here

>

>

> You

>

>

> Go

>

>

> 1vX fights of varying "skill" level

>

>

> But I guess you'll probably dismiss me as just being an "OP mirage".

Those videos don't mean anything you are an OP Mirage. dismissed.

> > The clips I posted are just from the past couple weeks since I started recording. But, it doesn't really matter what vids I post. You'll always find some excuse (they did this, they didnt do that, there's a bad player there in that 1v3 so it doesn't count, yada yada yada) to dismiss everything.

> >

> > The fact that you think I'm a one-shot mirage tells me all I need to know about your assessments. I guess I'm supposed to auto-attack everybody to death and not try to chain skills eh? I propose you go find some power burst videos from mesmers and thiefs and tell me if you still think I'm a 1-shotter. Only time I *ever* come close to 1-shotting anybody on hybrid is if they're squishy as kitten, new, and are on siege or just letting me hit them.

>

> Yeah you are hybrid and all, your chain burst damage can still oneshot as I saw.

> First video minute 1:05 dropped the dragon hunter from 70% health to zero in 1 second. If that's not oneshot burst what is it excuse me?

> Happened the same to the chrono before.

> So I repeat, you did those outnumbers because they are bad players and instead you are very good, simple as that.

I'll grant you a couple of the vids aren't the best examples, but they're all I've recorded in the short time I've been recording. I'd say those players in vid #1 are about typical of what I run into (avg). Regarding the DH, you should know they're mostly squishy and rely on dodges/blocks/heals/invuln to sustain long enough to kill me. If they don't manage them well and run out of shit, then yea they go down easy. He was alive from ~0:22 to ~1:05. That's not exactly me 1-shotting him. That's him getting whittled down. Same with the chrono. He's running zerk or maraud and squishy too. He was around probably 11k health and getting ticked by my burn and other condi when he ate the mind wracks and axe 3 for ~7k dmg, leaving him ~20%. After that he mostly just got ate up by the condis. Again, not exactly a 1-shot. He got whittled down too. You want true 1-shot, look at a full power burst mes.

> >I guess I'm supposed to auto-attack everybody to death and not try to chain skills eh?

>

> That's exactly what your opponents did indeed. Plus random spam their burst into your evades.

w/e

>> In the soulbeasts fights you got clutch victory just because of that tree you used to interrupt LOS. If the other soulbeast was half decent you were dead before realizing what's happened, because I repeat for the third time you can't win 1vs2 if you fight SKILLED people.

I mean.. I was making quite a few mistakes at the start of this fight, and yea I may have died if the other SB was using his LB more. I conceed to you on this one.

> Second video versus Herald and Daredevil, the herald was almost dead by the guards... and had to run away, and just this says everything about your opponent if you know what I mean

The FA guy they just killed in camp had something to do with that, not just guards.

> when then you fought them down, the daredevil never used stealth, he was camping shortbow and running, never tried to go stealth and be in advantage.

> The time the thief used stealth he almost killed you with a backstab if im' not wrong, but then for some odd reason he kept camping shortbow instead of finish you out.

~1:15 D/P stealth

~1:27 in SB and running b/c I was pressuring him

~1:34 back in the fight

~1:37 D/P stealth

~1:43 shadow shot, almost downs me b/c of LoS

~1:50 I'm pressuring him again. Assume he's runnin low on ini b/c 1:54 back to SB

~2:04 back in D/P. Running at 2:10 b/c I've avoided most of his shit and I assume he's low on ini again

~2:19 game over after I get the rev down and he tries to res.

Could they have done better? Yes, but they are still better than most of what's running around in WVW though. I'd say they were good players, just not great.

> > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > > The clips I posted are just from the past couple weeks since I started recording. But, it doesn't really matter what vids I post. You'll always find some excuse (they did this, they didnt do that, there's a bad player there in that 1v3 so it doesn't count, yada yada yada) to dismiss everything.

> > > >

> > > > The fact that you think I'm a one-shot mirage tells me all I need to know about your assessments. I guess I'm supposed to auto-attack everybody to death and not try to chain skills eh? I propose you go find some power burst videos from mesmers and thiefs and tell me if you still think I'm a 1-shotter. Only time I *ever* come close to 1-shotting anybody on hybrid is if they're squishy as kitten, new, and are on siege or just letting me hit them.

> > >

> > > Yeah you are hybrid and all, your chain burst damage can still oneshot as I saw.

> > > First video minute 1:05 dropped the dragon hunter from 70% health to zero in 1 second. If that's not oneshot burst what is it excuse me?

> > > Happened the same to the chrono before.

> > > So I repeat, you did those outnumbers because they are bad players and instead you are very good, simple as that.

> > >

> > > >I guess I'm supposed to auto-attack everybody to death and not try to chain skills eh?

> > >

> > > That's exactly what your opponents did indeed. Plus random spam their burst into your evades.

> > >

> > > In the soulbeasts fights you got clutch victory just because of that tree you used to interrupt LOS. If the other soulbeast was half decent you were dead before realizing what's happened, because I repeat for the third time you can't win 1vs2 if you fight SKILLED people.

> > >

> > > Second video versus Herald and Daredevil, the herald was almost dead by the guards... and had to run away, and just this says everything about your opponent if you know what I mean, when then you fought them down, the daredevil never used stealth, he was camping shortbow and running, never tried to go stealth and be in advantage.

> > >

> > > >But, it doesn't really matter what vids I post. You'll always find some excuse (they did this, they didnt do that

> > >

> > > The problem is they are not excuses and everybody can see in the video those things I am saying! It's all proved there.

> > > The time the thief used stealth he almost killed you with a backstab if im' not wrong, but then for some odd reason he kept camping shortbow instead of finish you out.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > the OP asked to kill people 1 vs 3. he did not say they must be all skilled. would you consider the average opponent in WvW during roaming as skilled? i dont. so i am not sure why it matters if you can kill 2 opponents that play perfectly without any cheese, hardcounter or whatever 'excuse' . because you rarely will run into a group of good opponents(by a definition that asks for perfect play) in WvW and then there is no reason not to abuse your envoirement , high bursts etc. if you do. people unable to use their envoirement i wouldnt call skilled to begin with tho..

>

> So?

>

> He asked a profession good at 1vs3 and I said the best is spellbreaker, dot.

> I also said don't expect to kill skilled players 1vs2, because that never happens, if you win a 1v2s, 1v3s it means the opponents were either bad, or you ganked them off cooldowns, stop.

>

> Then this guy claimed he is able to 1vs3 skilled players, he posted many video and in those clips I couldn't find a single skilled player imho.

>

> End of the story.

> Why nobody understand my point?

>

> Of course I won many many 1vs2s or 1vs3s as well while roaming, but they were new players or really bad ones, as soon as I faced 2 good players who knew how to dodge there was nothing I could do.

> Especially if you face someone who knows what he is doing with a good thief, you have zero chances to win that 1vs2.

>

> This was all my point. Now stop misunderstand please.

my issue is with what you describe as skilled people. if i dismiss anyone who might die in such a way to a 1 vs 2 , 1 vs 3 as not skilled, then the skilled people will be so few you will rarely even see 1.

'this guy' claimed that 'skilled' is a wide range of people, wich is true depending on who you ask. and that he won many fights against such 'skilled' people. he then added that with good circumstances and a build advantage etc. it might be possible to even win against 2 really good people. wich is also true. because thoe 2 really good people would need specific dangerous builds for their numbers to matter.

a good thief can win fights outnumbered against many 'skilled' people that would shred any warrior with ease, so i am not sure how you can think spellbreaker is the best to 1 vs 2/3. against like really terrible opponents it might be easier, but against those the profession you run doesnt matter anyway.

> @"Slanderman.9532" said:

> condi/hybrid mirage by far the easiest class to roam with

A hybrid is usually descent, but the condi mirage is bad outmanned against capable fighters bringing proper skills. The more AoE cleanse the larger force brings the worse they become. Its capable of it just like any other class sure but I question whether it can be classed as "by far the easiest" when most seem to be terrible at it.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"Slanderman.9532" said:

> > condi/hybrid mirage by far the easiest class to roam with

>

> A hybrid is usually descent, but the condi mirage is bad outmanned against capable fighters bringing proper skills. The more AoE cleanse the larger force brings the worse they become. Its capable of it just like any other class sure but I question whether it can be classed as "by far the easiest" when most seem to be terrible at it.

full condi mesmer has survivability + the insane mobility, you can try to condi bomb one and then reset. Hybrid is not decent its flat out brokenly good. Holo or Spellbreaker or even the stupid sic'em ranger dont come close to how good and overpowered Hybrid mirage is.

Hybrid mirage is the same as scourge was in zergs couple months ago, overtuned in every possible way

> @"Pelto.9364" said:

>Thief is good for new and less skilled players as well.

LOL, the profession with the highest skill floor is good for new players? Oh please...it's the easiest to spot a new and less-skilled Thieves as they are deleted almost instantly by anyone who even remotely knows how to play their profession. If OP wants an easy profession to start up on roaming that doesn't require a lot of thought, and can misplay it's heart out and *still* come out on top - that would be Holosmith followed closely by Spellbreaker.

I've done all the cheeze roaming and more so take it for what it is worth...

#1 Condi Mirage, slightly harder to learn than Spellbreaker but not by much. You are not immortal and I would start with full Dire before getting squishier with Viper/Grieving while you learn the pace. Go heavy stealth utilities/torch/target break if you really have no idea what you are doing at all for slowing down combat pace or getting away. Best 1vX by far option right now.

#2 Spellbreaker, build is simple, by far the easiest to learn. However, one of the hardest to master if using interrupts (per that build above) since you need to know what to/what should be interrupted. Full Counter carries and hits really hard. If you have a higher skilled opponent, you will still lose unlike Mirage. What happens is opponent watches for CC and FC gold bubble and waits out the 1 1/2s block time and then bursts in between.

#3 Alpha nuke LB Soulbeast. Know the alpha sequence, learn to hit it from stealth and you should be fine. Positioning from higher advantage points and distance is how you win against everyone else. You won't 1vX but that's not the point, get one down and kite is your best bet in the open.

#4 Deadeye. Not super strong offensively since you need to focus on perma-stealth and need to trade that for offense except super escapable and can virtually pick your fights whenever you want. I probably actually only fight 1 out of every 2 I see. Most times, I run away aka stealth in place, wait for the enemy to leave and then grab the objective 1-2 minutes later. It's a cheeze build not for the combat potential but the PPT/participation WvW ease. Highly recommended if higher ping or lazy participation grinding.

#5 Holo. Similar to Soulbeast #3. I think this is more of a playstyle preference but effectively does the same thing/same level of mobility/stealth options but close range and better at camp capture due to AoE.

#6 Classic D/P Daredevil. It's what I primarily run even though nerfed multiple times. By far the most mobile class in game (Mirage with cooldowns up and your cooldowns down can catch you though) so less time spent doing travel time and more time actually taking objectives. It's not a great build unless you land backstab to open otherwise it's time to run in most cases (which is easy to do).

#7 Dragonhunter is still pretty good if you learned that playstyle of lay traps and CC pull/punt from years ago. Also, Power Mirage/Daze spam CC works will if you just know the cheeze rotation to hit in the 0.25s burst window. DH has high burst option too.

> @"Slanderman.9532" said:

> condi/hybrid mirage by far the easiest class to roam with

It's certainly strong, but I disagree it's the easiest. It's still squishy and really easy to die if you aren't playing well and are up against somebody who knows what they're doing. There's some room for error, but no more so than with many other builds / classes. (referring to full hybrid mirage here)

> @"Turk.5460" said:

> > @"Pelto.9364" said:

> >Thief is good for new and less skilled players as well.

>

> LOL, the profession with the highest skill floor is good for new players? Oh please...it's the easiest to spot a new and less-skilled Thieves as they are deleted almost instantly by anyone who even remotely knows how to play their profession. If OP wants an easy profession to start up on roaming that doesn't require a lot of thought, and can misplay it's heart out and *still* come out on top - that would be Holosmith followed closely by Spellbreaker.

>

Forgot to say that I'm not very skilled player, and I do find thief very enjoyable. I play all profs. "Re-run from spawn"-number is lowest for thief.

Thief can be switched from melee warrior to a run-away hider - that is plus too. I can test my skills to any enemy, and get away when I see I fail.

Mostly thief does not require skill because the damage can be very high. One or two hits and dead. Both "Cloak and dagger + backstab" and "Malicious backstab" can down the enemy with full knight armor (no prefighting required, just pure surprise). I do check my combat log everytime I get downed.