Daily reminder to devs that we want a Build-save system

MeTx.6712

Templates, TEMPLATES! GW1 had templates and made things much easier unless you didn't get on for a long time and there was a nerf leaving your saved build pointless.

Similar to wardrobe system, your specific armor goes into it like a chest that is under the H menu along with dyes and wardrobe, mounts etc: it would be a category all it's own.

and you name it so that you can identify it. Or maybe it's automatic like Blue Template is where a player might put their healing/tank gear + traits, and Orange is power etc. So that you don't have to carry around multiple sets in your inventory or go into traits every single time.

> @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> May I recommend this:

>

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/28336/build-template-system-and-or-dps-metre-get-it-here

Threads like this occur because ppl don't want to use a 3rd prty program. I guess most ppl interested in the feature know about arc at this point.

Also, +1 for each of these threads, I hope it happens with the next xpac.

> @"lokh.2695" said:

> > @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> > May I recommend this:

> >

> > https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/28336/build-template-system-and-or-dps-metre-get-it-here

>

> Threads like this occur because ppl don't want to use a 3rd prty program. I guess most ppl interested in the feature know about arc at this point.

>

> Also, +1 for each of these threads, I hope it happens with the next xpac.

Ok ok, go on and keep making these redundant threads, meanwhile I'll enjoy my build template system.

> > @"lokh.2695" said:

> > > @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> > > May I recommend this:

> > >

> > > https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/28336/build-template-system-and-or-dps-metre-get-it-here

> >

> > Threads like this occur because ppl don't want to use a 3rd prty program. I guess most ppl interested in the feature know about arc at this point.

> >

> > Also, +1 for each of these threads, I hope it happens with the next xpac.

>

> Ok ok, go on and keep making these redundant threads, meanwhile I'll enjoy my build template system.

Which technically is preforming one than one action per key? IDK if that would count when the next ban wave hits?

> @"artemis.6781" said:

> > > @"lokh.2695" said:

> > > > @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> > > > May I recommend this:

> > > >

> > > > https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/28336/build-template-system-and-or-dps-metre-get-it-here

> > >

> > > Threads like this occur because ppl don't want to use a 3rd prty program. I guess most ppl interested in the feature know about arc at this point.

> > >

> > > Also, +1 for each of these threads, I hope it happens with the next xpac.

> >

> > Ok ok, go on and keep making these redundant threads, meanwhile I'll enjoy my build template system.

>

> Which technically is preforming one than one action per key? IDK if that would count when the next ban wave hits?

Nope, the build template addon won't get you banned.

The original game had build templates, so it's a fair request for the sequel. I can fire up Wireshark and see if ArcDPS is sending any data and where to, so I can make my own determinations about network security. But I'd rather not use a 3rd-party tool with the disclaimer "EFFORT IS MADE TO PREVENT CATASTROPHIC FAILURE LIKE ITEMS BEING EATEN, HOWEVER, BY USING THIS EXTENSION YOU PROCEED ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK" at the very top of its readme. And like all 3rd-party tools, its legality is subject to change at any time (with no way to communicate it to the userbase). If you're willing to take that risk, then enjoy the benefits, by all means, and hope the risk never bites you in the butt.

We can all debate over its importance/priority for years (and we have), but I see why the feature is desired, why some people expect it, where ArcDPS advocates are coming from, and why people might not accept that solution.

I agree with everyone, it's been too long. The game doesn't even support a "one build fits all". I play ranger, shifting between Soulbeast and Druid very often (depending on the mode I'm playing).

The swithc requires I change EVERYTHING. I change all the trait lines, all the skills, both weapons, and all armor pieces and ALL trinkets. Just so I can play a different mode. It's insane honestly, and SUCH a drag at this point.

ANet, put ALL your resources into this and be DONE with it.

> > @"artemis.6781" said:

> > > > @"lokh.2695" said:

> > > > > @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> > > > > May I recommend this:

> > > > >

> > > > > https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/28336/build-template-system-and-or-dps-metre-get-it-here

> > > >

> > > > Threads like this occur because ppl don't want to use a 3rd prty program. I guess most ppl interested in the feature know about arc at this point.

> > > >

> > > > Also, +1 for each of these threads, I hope it happens with the next xpac.

> > >

> > > Ok ok, go on and keep making these redundant threads, meanwhile I'll enjoy my build template system.

> >

> > Which technically is preforming one than one action per key? IDK if that would count when the next ban wave hits?

>

> Nope, the build template addon won't get you banned.

I know. I just decide not to use it because I want Anet to implement it.

> @"lokh.2695" said:

> > > @"artemis.6781" said:

> > > > @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> > > > > @"lokh.2695" said:

> > > > > > @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> > > > > > May I recommend this:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/28336/build-template-system-and-or-dps-metre-get-it-here

> > > > >

> > > > > Threads like this occur because ppl don't want to use a 3rd prty program. I guess most ppl interested in the feature know about arc at this point.

> > > > >

> > > > > Also, +1 for each of these threads, I hope it happens with the next xpac.

> > > >

> > > > Ok ok, go on and keep making these redundant threads, meanwhile I'll enjoy my build template system.

> > >

> > > Which technically is preforming one than one action per key? IDK if that would count when the next ban wave hits?

> >

> > Nope, the build template addon won't get you banned.

>

> I know. I just decide not to use it because I want Anet to implement it.

Whether you use it or not will not affect that.

> > @"lokh.2695" said:

> > > > @"artemis.6781" said:

> > > > > @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> > > > > > @"lokh.2695" said:

> > > > > > > @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> > > > > > > May I recommend this:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/28336/build-template-system-and-or-dps-metre-get-it-here

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Threads like this occur because ppl don't want to use a 3rd prty program. I guess most ppl interested in the feature know about arc at this point.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Also, +1 for each of these threads, I hope it happens with the next xpac.

> > > > >

> > > > > Ok ok, go on and keep making these redundant threads, meanwhile I'll enjoy my build template system.

> > > >

> > > > Which technically is preforming one than one action per key? IDK if that would count when the next ban wave hits?

> > >

> > > Nope, the build template addon won't get you banned.

> >

> > I know. I just decide not to use it because I want Anet to implement it.

>

> Whether you use it or not will not affect that.

One player will hardly make the difference, but I think that the more ppl settle for the 3rd party program, the less likely it becomes for ANet to do it. It's a principle thing. I'm not judgin anyone though. I understand that ppl want to have that feature, I want it just as much.