Pets, Quickness, and Related Skills and Traits

Johnny.1634

Currently 39 out of our 50 Ranger pets have an issue.

Quickness will only increase the attack speed of regular attacks from devourer, spider, smokescale, bristleback or wyvern pets. On any other pet, quickness does not increase attack speed.

Several pets recently introduced in Path Of Fire are also unaffected by quickness such as the Sand Lion and Cheetah.

This severally reduces the abilities of the grand majority of our pets, a rangers primary mechanic, and furthermore it reduces the effectiveness of a lot of our skills and traits that specially grant quickness to our pets, that being:

Quickening Zephyr

Zephyr’s Speed

“We Heal As One”

Fortifying Bond

+Strider’s Defense

+Instinctive Reaction

+Instinctive Engage

+Live Fast

Sadly alot of players are unaware of this, its hard to notice unless your really paying attention, but its actually a big loss to a rangers damage output when your playing with a pet that isn’t affected by quickness. Against mobile targets most pets cant even hit the enemy unless its affected by quickness do to their slow reaction speed.

This bug needs to be addressed now and it been here for far too long.

Furthermore, are we ever going to see our Rangers interact with our pets?

On Guild Wars 2's release, Rangers had very few skills and traits that synergized with their pet, but at the very least, we had afew.

Such as the "Potent Ally" trait that gives the other might on critical hits.

Then Druid came along and literally had no interaction with our pets aside from a very underwhelming "Cultivated Synergy" trait.

Soulbeast came along soon after and literally took our pet out of the picture.

Ranger is supposed to be the typical pet class, yet we see hardly and synergy with it, its extremely disappointing.

Take a look back at GW1 we had so many pet skills.

We actually connected with our pet back then, healing whenever they attacked with "Predatory Bond", where was this for Druid????

Symbiotic Bond, Scavenger Strike, Call of Protection, Melandru's Assault, the list goes on.

However, now in GW2 you guys seem to be moving further and further away from a Rangers pet...which makes no sense since you've made it our primary mechanic...

Personally I've quit the game shortly after the release of Path Of Fire until I see some fixes with pets.

So I just want to know if I should hold on for a upcoming patch/expansion or just give all my gold and items to my guild and move on?

Agree, agree and agree.

And bump.

This is here for toooo long and its the worst class mechanic. Only fantastic thing is the "versatility" and the flavor. Even 90% of pets are unusable just because of abyssal utility or abyssal dmg or both.

We need more utility, interaction and active gameplay.

To be honest, at this point, just scrap the pet mechanic and give something else to the ranger if the profession _**main**_ mechanic is such a problem.

So many things should have been baseline for the Ranger + the Pet, such as Fortifying Bond, Evade on Dodge (from the Ranger), and all BM minor traits. Don't get me even started on Pet skills that always miss (Lightning Assault of E Wyvern misses easily 70% of the time) and the huge cooldowns.

Such an outdated mechanic.

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> I had no idea, though tbh I'm not using any of the effected pets on my main Ranger so I wouldn't have noticed it.

>

> Seems like a pretty bad bug though.

And an old one two. It was always there but only really an issue when quickness was changed to a boon 3 years ago.