Can those black lion vouchers‘ tickets be used in the future?

Lever.3142

I've been wondering the same thing. It looks like a system that's been set up so it can be expanded on in future with new skins being added over time, or 'sets' of skins cycled in and out of availability. But there's no way to know for sure until Anet says so or they update it, and the news post about them didn't say.

This is why I haven't bought any vouchers yet. There's nothing currently available which I want and don't already have and I don't know what's coming in future. If I knew there would be more options in future I'd be tempted to buy a pack of vouchers so I can get future items at a discount.

(Although at least with the outfits even buying a single voucher gives you a slight discount over buying them from the store directly - 630 for a voucher vs. 700+ to buy them directly through the store.)

This, too, is an excellent question. It doesn’t seem like the Timekeeper outfit is available through vouchers, so we can assume that at the very least, new items won’t be immediately available. If they’ll ever be available, though, only Anet knows and I hope they give us more info so we can decide whether these vouchers are worth stocking up on, or not.

On the other hand, them being silent about this would make things easier for my wallet. I’m almost certain the vouchers themselves are limited time sales. If they have good uses down the future, despite me not wanting to spend any more money on GW 2 for a while, it would be hard to resist not buying them. I think many items are too over priced. These vouchers are prices I find very reasonable.

> @"Plautze.6290" said:

> Do you think the discount on the vouchers is going to be permanent?

I doubt that. If these are parmanent additions, nobody in their right mind would buy any old outfits, gliders, etc. since it’s significantly cheaper to buy the vouchers. This would effectively mean Anet can only sell new items not obtainable with vouchers (like the Timekeeper stuff).

> @"BlueJin.4127" said:

> > @"Plautze.6290" said:

> > Do you think the discount on the vouchers is going to be permanent?

>

> I doubt that. If these are parmanent additions, nobody in their right mind would buy any old outfits, gliders, etc. since it’s significantly cheaper to buy the vouchers. This would effectively mean Anet can only sell new items not obtainable with vouchers (like the Timekeeper stuff).

I had the same train of thought.

But on the other hand, cutting those discounted voucher-available outfits from the gem store would free space on the virtual shelves.

Anyway, any solution to always wanting an outfit that is not on the gem store at that very moment is welcome =)

Noble count outfit, here I come, hehehe!

> @"artemis.6781" said:

> I'm thinking this will be like the black lion statuettes vendor. Also, just like the statuettes vender, their inventory will probably change without notice.

That seems likely, but I won't be buying vouchers until I know for sure because I don't want to buy them and then find there's never going to be anything I want to use them for.

I expect it will work just like the discount racks at every retail store. People who want to be first with the newest stuff will have to pay full price (gemstore standard rates), then eventually as even newer stuff comes in the older stuff goes in the discount pile (voucher merchant). Probably a smart selling strategy and it is nice that stuff will be available regularly, instead of the "2-days only" reintroductions, and then someone goes on vacation and misses what they were waiting for and has no idea when it is coming back again. I'll take availability over artificial scarcity.