Deadeye week 1 feedback

Urejt.5648

Firstly, deadeye is new the best spec for pve.

Secondly deadeye is hardly playable in pvp (still more playable than rev spec it seems).

* RIFLE! There is a bug which prevents every atack (no line of sight) if camera angle is wrong. When atacking with pistol charachter is automaticly turning toward enemy. While holding rifle thats not the case. it results in auto loose if enemy is in mele range. Would like to see some buffs on skills after that 3 bullet nerf.

* Malice generation is way too slow (for pve too) which makes grandmaster trait "perfectionist" (boons for max malice) totally useless most of the times. Uselessness of malice stacks forces use of "be quikc be dead" trait (gm quickness and power on steal). First good builds emerged. sd or sp deadeye + acro or rifle deadeye deadly arts with one common multiple uses of steal + mercy cantrip and acro steal spam. Still those builds are not good enough to even have a chance vs daredevil.

* Cast time of mark is acceptable, but making it instant would greatly help vs daredevils. Malice generation is more important for me.

* Renewing gaze and perfectioninst traits from deadeye trait line are pretty much useless in pvp. Gotta buff them!

1. Yep that bug make me missed my DJ several time at point blank!! also sometimes you can get "obstructed" warning even though you got a clear sight to your target

2. Malice regen is fine, the problem is that you need fast weapon and being aggressive to get constant malice and those two is actually rifle weakness. I hope dev realize this and start giving rifle something that make them able to gain malice at faster rate.

3. Mug + instant mark + Improvisation = Instant damage burst without the need of using initiative. Giving mark + mug cast however should solve this problem

4. Renewing gaze is super awesome, especially when you have mug + thrill of the crime and spot lots of mesmer clones. 1 minute buff inc

5. Rifle + Shadow art make you almost immune to damage condition which is super awesome since lots of people relied on condi nowadays

I wonder how they create maps like HoT and PoF that are filled with powerful mobs that often hits you in a zerg, and give you an elite spec where you have low mobility and low dmg aimed for single targets when using the new elite weapon.

The only way to deal decent dmg is when sitting, what makes you an easy target specially for mobs/players with aoe/dot/charge skills. If you are fighting and some enemy use an area skill you hardly will be able to sit and perform any attack. Can you imagine you fighting baltazar using rifle? Low endurance and lack of initiative recover vs cost. It is useless for most situations in this game.

Some people may say it is good for pvp. It can be against players not so experienced with pvp. You can outnumber a fight in a slower way than you could with any other spec.

Daredevil vs Deadeye utility: There are 2 daredevil utilities that I think they are essencial for my build when there aren't any dead eye utility that I care to use. I mean, I can use some of them like any other or not.

Deadeye made me think that fighting with d/d is the best build ever, but once you go daredevil you never go back.

> @OlsenSan.2987 said:

> I wonder how they create maps like HoT and PoF that are filled with powerful mobs that often hits you in a zerg, and give you an elite spec where you have low mobility and low dmg aimed for single targets when using the new elite weapon.

>

Im doing POF story & content with rifle and i don't have any problem with it. The mix between stealth and range allow me to murder mob really quick. When the situation became to tight, i just use Be quick or be killed & S/P for mob cleanup.

I think the cast time on new steal is warranted. There just too much that can be done with the steal at range meaning there has to be some ability for the target to react.

As to Utilities and comparing to what daredevil offers , I am finding MERCY every bit as potent as anything Daredevil offers. This skill is very potent in the proper build. When coupled with the new steal range having no port, I have in fact dropped people from 1500 range in WvW just using steal with optimum rotations. Doubling up on skills via improv AND resetting the steal Via mercy and on kill is hugely beneficial and even more so if that improv manages to reset a skill you are using. (Ie another mercy)

- I feel like I am locked in to trickery more than ever using rifle the thing is just hungry for initiative.. I would like to see a skill on the rifle that restores initiative,

like unload on the pistol restores 2 initiative ... maybe do something similar with double tap or some kind of initiative regen while crouched

- The shots need to pierce way to often do the wrong people get in the way of your target ... and would gladly welcome ricochet back for the rifle

- Fix whats going on with the no line of sight if your are not facing the target

- And maybe prioritize the conditions converted by cursed bullet

> @OlsenSan.2987 said:

> I wonder how they create maps like HoT and PoF that are filled with powerful mobs that often hits you in a zerg, and give you an elite spec where you have low mobility and low dmg aimed for single targets when using the new elite weapon.

>

> The only way to deal decent dmg is when sitting, what makes you an easy target specially for mobs/players with aoe/dot/charge skills. If you are fighting and some enemy use an area skill you hardly will be able to sit and perform any attack. Can you imagine you fighting baltazar using rifle? Low endurance and lack of initiative recover vs cost. It is useless for most situations in this game.

> Some people may say it is good for pvp. It can be against players not so experienced with pvp. You can outnumber a fight in a slower way than you could with any other spec.

>

> Daredevil vs Deadeye utility: There are 2 daredevil utilities that I think they are essencial for my build when there aren't any dead eye utility that I care to use. I mean, I can use some of them like any other or not.

>

> Deadeye made me think that fighting with d/d is the best build ever, but once you go daredevil you never go back.

Deadeye's Utilities are defensive tools that are very useful in many situations. They are not designed for dueling. Their whole design is to keep people off of you.

You get a very strong stun against a target at range.

You get a very strong knockback ability that cloaks, and can throw someone off a cliff.

You get an immediate mark reset, which is insanely helpful for switching targets, or doing a burst.

You get access to thief's BEST AOE utility.

You get access to two charges of stealth that removes revealed.

Daredevil's Utilities are designed for dueling and getting into people's faces.

With deadeye, you need to be a better player to get the most out of the class with it. And That means more than just fighting people. You need to play smarter if you're going to rock the rifle.

There are a few things that needs adjustments, and there's several bugs that needs to be fixed. But that will all come with time.

I agree that the rifle skills refuse to fire if the enemy is even slightly out of a small cone in front, quite unlike pistols. We need to be able to get up from kneeling by also pressing the space bar. I rarely have time enough to allow malice to generate; it ought to simply stack as the enemy goes down as long as the mark is put back up within say 5 seconds or so of it being dropped.

As for the thief as a whole, why does the thief dodge in some random direction other than the one I'm facing? None of my other characters dodge in random directions. They always dodge directly away from the camera. Thief? Nope. Not gonna. Can't make me. Irritating as shit.

Possibly thief related, but does anyone else have their thief simply stop dead, and take a few movement keys to get going again. It's intermittent, but I've had that problem since lvl 1. No other characters simply stop dead.

> @etsubmariner.4690 said:

> As for the thief as a whole, why does the thief dodge in some random direction other than the one I'm facing? None of my other characters dodge in random directions. They always dodge directly away from the camera. Thief? Nope. Not gonna. Can't make me. Irritating as kitten.

Thieves dodge the same as any other class. By default they dodge toward the camera, and if you hold any direction when you hit the dodge then they will dodge in that direction instead. If any characters are dodging differently than that (well, other than the mirage) then it's because of something you're doing differently.

Deadeye got clunkiness issue like getting up. How often do you press skill 5 anyway . move it to 3 would be more accessible or like the other post say jumping cancel the kneeling.

Also For QOL After marking. Press F1 again focus your target back to marked enemy would be nice.

As for Rifle usefulness in PvE it does have issue since rifle only got 1 piercing skillshot. Would be nice if traited rifle got Riochet effect, or a small AoE on hit

Feedback: Rifle is bad. Real bad. In PvE. Anyone able to pull more than 25k dps out of rifle with unrealistic buffs? If it was 35k I'd take my knocks and carry on but 25k is just a really bad insult when we have specs doing 50k. Either rifle DE is grossly underperforming or most other (condi) specs are grossly overperforming. Anet needs to decide.

> @Vindicus.2130 said:

> Feedback: Rifle is bad. Real bad. In PvE. Anyone able to pull more than 25k dps out of rifle with unrealistic buffs? If it was 35k I'd take my knocks and carry on but 25k is just a really bad insult when we have specs doing 50k. Either rifle DE is grossly underperforming or most other (condi) specs are grossly overperforming. Anet needs to decide.

Yep Rifle currently got 2 main problem, Malice Gain & Reward A.K.A damage increase aside from DJ, Initiative cost between kneel & non kneel skillset

> @Vindicus.2130 said:

> Feedback: Rifle is bad. Real bad. In PvE. Anyone able to pull more than 25k dps out of rifle with unrealistic buffs? If it was 35k I'd take my knocks and carry on but 25k is just a really bad insult when we have specs doing 50k. Either rifle DE is grossly underperforming or most other (condi) specs are grossly overperforming. Anet needs to decide.

i think the problems is related to conditions yes, but not the core issue. Deadeye is just completely different from everything we had before, there is no immobile fighting class, and pure power classes are pretty rare, i think from PoF its only Deadeye and Spellbreaker, isnt it? So balancing something that goes into a completely different direction is tricky.

Conditions have the advantage that they can be "stack and forget", you apply them and fight another enemy or kite and dodge, even if you dont hit them for a while they still take damage. Power based combat on the other hand requires permanent attention and inputs. With my Revenant i pretty much kite enemies after i jump in once to apply like 15 stacks of torment. Now balance that with a sitting duck that can only deal direct damage

Deadeye feedback, surprisingly good spec, the strongest true range class in pve (Weapon like Ele staff does not count for my range combat perspective cuz most skills are ground target and immobile)

Deadeye f1 mechanic is good for both trash mobs and bosses.

For trash mobs you get it renewed so fast that you can spam steal to get massive bonuses from both f1 and f2.

For bosses you get a free 15% damage increase for 100% uptime.

The problem is what makes deadeye so good is actually when using weapons OTHER than rifle.

I'm running P/P atm and it's such a delightful weapon set to play along with Deadeye.

Rifle on the other hand, really is a terrible weapon, with low dps and clunky mechanic.

The damage and most of the skills/ cost effectiveness need a complete re-haul.

I were thinking Deadeye is trash when I test Rifle, then I switch to P/ P and it's so much better.

> @OlsenSan.2987 said:

>

> The only way to deal decent dmg is when sitting, what makes you an easy target specially for mobs/players with aoe/dot/charge skills. If you are fighting and some enemy use an area skill you hardly will be able to sit and perform any attack. Can you imagine you fighting baltazar using rifle? Low endurance and lack of initiative recover vs cost. It is useless for most situations in this game.

> Some people may say it is good for pvp. It can be against players not so experienced with pvp. You can outnumber a fight in a slower way than you could with any other spec.

>

> Daredevil vs Deadeye utility: There are 2 daredevil utilities that I think they are essencial for my build when there aren't any dead eye utility that I care to use. I mean, I can use some of them like any other or not.

>

> Deadeye made me think that fighting with d/d is the best build ever, but once you go daredevil you never go back.

Hint, try using weapon other than Rifle and you'd find something new about Deadeye.

It's very fluid with constantly renewed f1 /f2 to use.

Self apply most of the offensive boons to maximum by yourself in a short duration, which is very useful open world.

> @"Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497" said:

> Deadeye's Utilities are defensive tools that are very useful in many situations. They are not designed for dueling. Their whole design is to keep people off of you.

> You get a very strong stun against a target at range.

> You get a very strong knockback ability that cloaks, and can throw someone off a cliff.

> You get an immediate mark reset, which is insanely helpful for switching targets, or doing a burst.

> You get access to thief's BEST AOE utility.

> You get access to two charges of stealth that removes revealed.

> Daredevil's Utilities are designed for dueling and getting into people's faces.

>

> With deadeye, you need to be a better player to get the most out of the class with it. And That means more than just fighting people. You need to play smarter if you're going to rock the rifle.

>

> There are a few things that needs adjustments, and there's several bugs that needs to be fixed. But that will all come with time.

> @Aomine.5012 said:

> Hint, try using weapon other than Rifle and you'd find something new about Deadeye.

> It's very fluid with constantly renewed f1 /f2 to use.

> Self apply most of the offensive boons to maximum by yourself in a short duration, which is very useful open world.

Thanks for both replies.

First. I am better at "thinking" than "fighting" and it still isn't the best about utilities. Most of mobs lately use aoe field and charge skills, or are often range classes. I made a new thief only to try out deadeye, and I've been trying everything. I use the knockback utility (Shadow Gust) and I usually approach foes to knock them back and give me a bit of survivability and time to finish 1 or 2 enemies. Also have been using Binding shadow. Both are ok skills. I think the 2x steath skills isn't the best for an elite skill unless you are playing only with rifle. The skill you mentioned as the best Aoe skill will never be the best thief aoe skill. Dagger storm is the best AOE skill and can even be used as a combo finisher. Anyways, I use them trying to fit on my gameplay but it isnt the best anyway, not something I'd say I wont change. Despite some of daredevil utilities that fits perfectly with my build.

Using P/P it is being ok, I just had hope that deadeye would bring me something better.