Whats your weaver build for pvp after today's (08/28) patch?

Malafaia.8903

> @"Widmo.3186" said:

> Not much changed,some buff @ air 1 and 3 (rarely used with non lightning sw/d but still).Riptide wasn't meant to do any healing since February patch

Use that logic you're using on Riptide on every "bit of healing" skill of ele and you'll end up with one health pool, some evades and luck to survive.

But what about those aura changes?

Going to try some troll fire/air/weaver sw/f dps build in pvp once I get home to see how that goes. My guess is it's probably trash because missing the attunement recharge from arcane is pretty big for weaver and also the protection. The standard water sw/d build got a big nerf no doubt but maybe phantaram's air/arcane/weaver lightning got a little bit of buff from the sword damage buffs, although riptide/earthen vortex nerf hurts it and the ferocity move from EoR to Raging storm seem to hurt it too.

> @"LazySummer.2568" said:

> Going to try some troll fire/air/weaver sw/f dps build in pvp once I get home to see how that goes. My guess is it's probably trash because missing the attunement recharge from arcane is pretty big for weaver and also the protection. The standard water sw/d build got a big nerf no doubt but maybe phantaram's air/arcane/weaver lightning got a little bit of buff from the sword damage buffs, although riptide/earthen vortex nerf hurts it and the ferocity move from EoR to Raging storm seem to hurt it too.

Ferocity from EoR moved to Elemental Polyphony.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAodncMAF5idOA+4CM5ilGAr4QeDnCCVgAQM8OT/pD1A-jJxHABKfCAsvMgF7PAwDAAA Really fun build to play if you don't take queues seriously.

Sage's with Fire traitline instead of water would be quite strong with the 25 might and the extra precision from the new GM trait, depends on how strong and consistent the aura cleanse feels in practice.

LR Sw/F should still be good be it Menders or Cele with the extra damage for healing trade-off this patch, Demolisher might work nice in this meta with the extra toughness. With the riptide healing power nerf, signet heals are more effective with demo and extra damage might give it more counter pressure so maybe it can fight on node better.

Even though these days most Ele players started playing as either Tempest support players or Weaver Cellofraggers, I'm sure most Ele players would rather have a spec that actually has kill potential 1v1.

> @"Crann.1342" said:

> http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAodncMAF5idOA+4CM5ilGAr4QeDnCCVgAQM8OT/pD1A-jJxHABKfCAsvMgF7PAwDAAA Really fun build to play if you don't take queues seriously.

>

> Sage's with Fire traitline instead of water would be quite strong with the 25 might and the extra precision from the new GM trait, depends on how strong and consistent the aura cleanse feels in practice.

>

> LR Sw/F should still be good be it Menders or Cele with the extra damage for healing trade-off this patch, Demolisher might work nice in this meta with the extra toughness. With the riptide healing power nerf, signet heals are more effective with demo and extra damage might give it more counter pressure so maybe it can fight on node better.

>

> Even though these days most Ele players started playing as either Tempest support players or Weaver Cellofraggers, I'm sure most Ele players would rather have a spec that actually has kill potential 1v1.

>

I'd say the Riptide healing power nerf isn't something too awful - for me most of the healing comes from switching to Water (Healing Ripple), using Riptide and blasting inside of the water field.

After trying any of the fire/x/weaver build without water my impression is that they are all pretty bad because the condi cleanse is locked behind specific few weapon skills and basically only dagger/x builds have decent access to them. Dagger weaver still sucks, and part of the cleansing requires you to cast an extra 0.5s cast time skill that's only usable in a certain time frame, so it's not reactive.

Nothing changed after this patch except weaver got nerfed again.

> @"LazySummer.2568" said:

> After trying any of the fire/x/weaver build without water my impression is that they are all pretty bad because the condi cleanse is locked behind specific few weapon skills and basically only dagger/x builds have decent access to them. Dagger weaver still sucks, and part of the cleansing requires you to cast an extra 0.5s cast time skill that's only usable in a certain time frame, so it's not reactive.

>

> Nothing changed after this patch except weaver got nerfed again.

Yeah, exactly my thoughts.

Probably Energy/Doom Sigils. Heals: SoR, ER, or GoEH. Rune is whatever you were missing. Can get extra auras and condi clear on heal from runes like Fire/Radiance/Nature's Bounty/Speed (if Woven Stride and Water) but they all seem like kind of bad choices. Things in square brackets or X [] are different trait choices. Most of any reliable condi clear is still locked behind Water traitlines.

- Sw/D or Sw/F: Fire [13]2[23], Water 1[23]1, Weaver 332. LF, PS, ToF, FGS/WS. Tanky stats.

- Sc/F: Air 222, Arcane [12][12]2, Weaver [13]21. LF, AB, ToF/AS, FGS. Glassy stats.

- Staff (WvW): Air [23]21, Weaver [13]2, Arcane [23][23][23] or Fire [13]11. LF, X, ToF, WS. Glassy stats.

- D/D or D/F or D/Wh: Tempest 32[13], Water 1[12]1, Fire [13]23 LF, X, AoE, FGS. Tanky stats. Probably the worst but reminiscent of old D/D.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsYncMAdOgF5C+4CM5iFBA7+VXrz1BBgJQRkoLkEqCA-jJRHABAcCAE4BAcUZg/3fAA

Ehh it's still try hard for very little results while sword gets power creeped every update without any real functional changes.

The change to Magnetic Grasp really helps with mobility so ducking out of Arcane is ok unless you really miss the boons.

I've tried Dagger/Focus Weaver in sPvP, it's rather good from the few games I've played.

I use Air (1/2/3), Water (1/3/1) even though (1/2/1) is probably better, and Weaver (2/3/2), then I use Sigil of Exploitation and Sigil of Exposure, plus Rune of the Scholar and here again Rune of the Pack is probably the safer choice, and Marauder Amulet, at last I use Signet of Restoration, Twist of Fate, Stone Resonance, Unravel, and Weave Self, here you could replace Unravel by Lightning Flash or Cleansing Fire, but I just like Unravel to quickly go full Air, Earth, or Water.

A bit hard to manoeuvre against condition heavy builds, but as long as you can CCs it should be alright.

> @"Alchimist.4738" said:

> I've tried Dagger/Focus Weaver in sPvP, it's rather good from the few games I've played.

>

> I use Air (1/2/3), Water (1/3/1) even though (1/2/1) is probably better, and Weaver (2/3/2), then I use Sigil of Exploitation and Sigil of Exposure, plus Rune of the Scholar and here again Rune of the Pack is probably the safer choice, and Marauder Amulet, at last I use Signet of Restoration, Twist of Fate, Stone Resonance, Unravel, and Weave Self, here you could replace Unravel by Lightning Flash or Cleansing Fire, but I just like Unravel to quickly go full Air, Earth, or Water.

>

> A bit hard to manoeuvre against condition heavy builds, but as long as you can CCs it should be alright.

I tested D/D in WvW last night and will try it in PVP tonight, though I'm not sure the amulet/rune I'll use yet.

Air (2/3/3), Fire (3/2/3), Weaver (3/3/1).

You have nice burst/cc across an Air/Fire rotation. A 3 condition cleanse with cc and damage (amplified by lightning rod) with full Air 3. Passive cleansing from Shocking Aura, Fire attunes and Cleansing Fire trait. Active condition dump and heal burst through Fire > Water > 3 > Water > 3,4,4 > 5.

Fire/Earth and Water/Earth attunes are kind of underwhelming, but the cc from Water/Earth can be situationally nice especially in a full Earth Magnetic Leap > Water/Earth cc combo then you can head towards Air/Fire rotation.

It just strains your rotation abit really but you're still gonna run the same setup, heal loss from Riptide made up for detonating Frost Aura and can't rotate from Riptide into Earthen Vortex as seamlessly so you'd have to heal through Riptide into Polaric Leap or Flame Uprising instead, just make sure to keybind about face so you can Riptide into them instead of away as to connect Flame Uprising.

Also make sure you absolutely land Quantum Strike (lol good luck) or the loss in sustain would have been in vain.

i just stopped playing weaver and went back to tempest. it worked surprisingly well and got placed in low plat. is quite tanky and can bunker well enough against spellbreaker and holos. rev and mirage can be a bit problematic. also has decent presence in teamfights unlike most weaver builds.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAodnUMA9XiVYCeOAcYilNAzdv+XPsDPgAwFkYFkCGBA-jJxHABFVGAgTAwAPAAx3fAA

> @"UBcktieDL.5318" said:

> i just stopped playing weaver and went back to tempest. it worked surprisingly well and got placed in low plat. is quite tanky and can bunker well enough against spellbreaker and holos. rev and mirage can be a bit problematic. also has decent presence in teamfights unlike most weaver builds.

>

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAodnUMA9XiVYCeOAcYilNAzdv+XPsDPgAwFkYFkCGBA-jJxHABFVGAgTAwAPAAx3fAA

> @"UBcktieDL.5318" said:

> i just stopped playing weaver and went back to tempest. it worked surprisingly well and got placed in low plat. is quite tanky and can bunker well enough against spellbreaker and holos. rev and mirage can be a bit problematic. also has decent presence in teamfights unlike most weaver builds.

>

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAodnUMA9XiVYCeOAcYilNAzdv+XPsDPgAwFkYFkCGBA-jJxHABFVGAgTAwAPAAx3fAA

there's no way in hell that build can bunker 1v1 against classes that have high damage and tons of cc like spellbreaker & holo, one of which can even remove your boons and stand in your overload air/fire (if you ever get it off lol) for free full counter, unless you got help or you just outplayed them very hard.