Reaper meta bois!

Egorum.9506

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they went way overboard with the buffs. everytime this has happened for necro the build/trait in question gets nerfed to an even worse state then it was in previously, let to rot for a year, until the over buff/nerf cycle begins again or a new op spec comes out.

don't get me wrong, the buffs are insane and awesome and all that. just scared for the future lol.

> @"Egorum.9506" said:

> +30% damage and 100% quickness uptime in sh

Getting that quickness requires dropping blighter's boon. GL having any sustain without blighters.

The patch gave SR reaper a mild damage buff, while failing to fix Reaper's main issue which is that it is a melee class with no ability to stick to a target. Reaper will still get stunlocked in every teamfight while still being useless for doing 1v1s.

I would still play BB over RO and I would still play spite/curses over spite/soul reaping.

The damage bonus from ferocity is also relative to how much you had before. It's also completely destroyed by weakness. The more necro you see the more likely you will have weakness on you since necro generate so much might.

Hype down man, hype down.

> @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> I would still play BB over RO and I would still play spite/curses over spite/soul reaping.

>

> The damage bonus from ferocity is also relative to how much you had before. It's also completely destroyed by weakness. The more necro you see the more likely you will have weakness on you since necro generate so much might.

>

> Hype down man, hype down.

The change to death perception is largely neutral. The only noticeable buff is the change to Gluttony, although that change is a lot less potent than it could have been due to the idoitic proc requirements on it.

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> they went way overboard with the buffs. everytime this has happened for necro the build/trait in question gets nerfed to an even worse state then it was in previously, let to rot for a year, until the over buff/nerf cycle begins again or a new op spec comes out.

>

> don't get me wrong, the buffs are insane and awesome and all that. just scared for the future lol.

No they didn't go overboard, they completely failed. All the patch does is give SR reaper slightly higher burst potential at the cost of lower reliability. None of the core issues with Reaper where fixed.

This patch was exclusively aimed at making necro better in PvE.

> @"mraulsx.8057" said:

> > @"Coyote.8391" said:

> > Lol, this season is going to be a clown fiesta. ?

> >

> > Hopefully the rewards are worth participating.

>

> Rewards are literally PvP reward track potions LOOOOOOOOOL

almost fell off my chair laughing when I saw this. Big fuck you from devs/anet for cheating

> @"Egorum.9506" said:

> edited the main post with a video of the new reaper. using RO, it's so much of a damage increase that it doesn't matter that you lose the sustain lol

>

> the pressure reaper puts out is bar none the best in the game right now

Nope. Try it against real opponents and not just unranked detritus.

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > edited the main post with a video of the new reaper. using RO, it's so much of a damage increase that it doesn't matter that you lose the sustain lol

> >

> > the pressure reaper puts out is bar none the best in the game right now

>

> Nope. Try it against real opponents and not just unranked detritus.

>

I have been? you must be running the wrong build man, throw on a valk ammy. 30k hp with this much damage + shroud bar is plenty to sustain.

> @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > edited the main post with a video of the new reaper. using RO, it's so much of a damage increase that it doesn't matter that you lose the sustain lol

> > >

> > > the pressure reaper puts out is bar none the best in the game right now

> >

> > Nope. Try it against real opponents and not just unranked detritus.

> >

>

> I have been? you must be running the wrong build man, throw on a valk ammy. 30k hp with this much damage + shroud bar is plenty to sustain.

lol i hope to see you in pvp so i can farm you

> @"Patrick.2987" said:

> > @"rank eleven monk.9502" said:

> > Without Blighters Boon you are dead and have no LF / health regen. Do you play power reaper by the way?

>

> Do you? Blighters boon could be dropped before the patch why not now?

Blighter's boon has always been mandatory for PReaper.

My problem with the montage is it's just that. A montage. The first fight you were babysat by the ele and everyone knows a necro with some kind of support is a team fight monster.

Secondly nobody really counter pressured you and you were mostly free casting. The moment you got pressured , happens twice, you instantly melt.

The video is cool yes but I don't think it's representative

> @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> My problem with the montage is it's just that. A montage. The first fight you were babysat by the ele and everyone knows a necro with some kind of support is a team fight monster.

>

> Secondly nobody really counter pressured you and you were mostly free casting. The moment you got pressured , happens twice, you instantly melt.

>

> The video is cool yes but I don't think it's representative

Agreed, it's not representative. Just had a blast with the changes earlier, I'll put up some full matches tomorrow if anyone is interested

> @"Egorum.9506" said:

> Again, you're building it wrong. You're running tanky on a class with great damage modifiers, unblockable, and tons of boon rip. Play aggressively, dead opponents/opponents playing defensively do no damage

"unblockable" aside from NCSY you are speaking about the wrong elite and the wrong profession

"tons of boon rip" scourge have that amount but reaper have a good amount of boon rip

with out the sustainability all that aggressively Play you speak off will be nullified by evade and invul

what you said will be true if reaper have a blink skills to oneshot with all that damage modifiers but necro dont have that

reaper need to walk to engage his target its designed as such

reaper must use Blighter's boon unless ANET restore

SOS to give 7 icd for shroud and 25% movement speed

LF consumption from 5% to 3%

only then no one should run Blighter's boon

> @"Egorum.9506" said:

> Again, you're building it wrong. You're running tanky on a class with great damage modifiers, unblockable, and tons of boon rip. Play aggressively, dead opponents/opponents playing defensively do no damage

Yea but to play aggressively you need Life Force. BB is the core of LF regen, it's not used to be 'tanky.

Also, by your logic all builds should go full glasscannon just because they have great dmg (remember soulbeast)