Reaper meta bois!

Egorum.9506

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > @"Patrick.2987" said:

> > > @"rank eleven monk.9502" said:

> > > Without Blighters Boon you are dead and have no LF / health regen. Do you play power reaper by the way?

> >

> > Do you? Blighters boon could be dropped before the patch why not now?

>

> Blighter's boon has always been mandatory for PReaper.

>

If you go for sustain on reaper you will use bm over sr anyway and no it is no musthave with spectrals.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Patrick.2987" said:

> > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > > @"Patrick.2987" said:

> > > > @"rank eleven monk.9502" said:

> > > > Without Blighters Boon you are dead and have no LF / health regen. Do you play power reaper by the way?

> > >

> > > Do you? Blighters boon could be dropped before the patch why not now?

> >

> > Blighter's boon has always been mandatory for PReaper.

> >

>

> If you go for sustain on reaper you will use bm over sr anyway and no it is no musthave with spectrals.

You should be taking BM anyway imo.

You don't really take BB for the life leech though, but for the amazing LF management

> @"rank eleven monk.9502" said:

> > > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > > > @"Patrick.2987" said:

> > > > > @"rank eleven monk.9502" said:

> > > > > Without Blighters Boon you are dead and have no LF / health regen. Do you play power reaper by the way?

> > > >

> > > > Do you? Blighters boon could be dropped before the patch why not now?

> > >

> > > Blighter's boon has always been mandatory for PReaper.

> > >

> >

> > If you go for sustain on reaper you will use bm over sr anyway and no it is no musthave with spectrals.

> You should be taking BM anyway imo.

> You don't really take BB for the life leech though, but for the amazing LF management

I will not argue with you what works and what does not. Play what you feel works for you and do not tell people what is needed.

> @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > @"Kako.1930" said:

> > Ohh, ouch. Better watch out for those spikes, lol.

> >

> > It's still a bit of a sitting duck for deadeyes, soulbeasts, and mesmers, though. :)

>

> Same as it has been, just gotta Los them. If they come to you, decimate them =D

You have to leave the point to Los, though, and nobody's going to go in melee range of a reaper if they don't have to, lol. Just stand on the point, lure the necro back to an open space, and using your superior range and mobility, take them out. A necro fousing on trying to Los a soulbeast, deadeye, or mesmer is not contributing to his team. :)

> @"rank eleven monk.9502" said:

> > I will not argue with you what works and what does not. Play what you feel works for you and do not tell people what is needed.

> Don't get offended, as I wrote, that is my opinion (and most reapers but that's irrelevant currently).

>

> What do you use for LF management if you drop BB then?

As you can see from my earlier statements spectrals traited is like 100% shroud everytime it is up.

> @"HeadCrowned.6834" said:

> The buffs seem not really that OP tbh. The question that remains is if you wanna trade blood magic for soulreaping now, which is quite a big tradeoff. There is no real reason to build a oneshot necro, because other classes are much better oneshotters due to teleports and CC.

BM is good in 1v1 situations for the sustain much less shroud tho. Not the best 1v1 spec anyway.

> @"Patrick.2987" said:

> > @"rank eleven monk.9502" said:

> > > @"Patrick.2987" said:

> > > I will not argue with you what works and what does not. Play what you feel works for you and do not tell people what is needed.

> > Don't get offended, as I wrote, that is my opinion (and most reapers but that's irrelevant currently).

> >

> > What do you use for LF management if you drop BB then?

>

> As you can see from my earlier statements spectrals traited is like 100% shroud everytime it is up.

Which is still worse sustain because you don't have the healing in shroud that blighter's offers, and you had to drop vital persistence.

> @"mraulsx.8057" said:

> I wish DH got buffed like Reaper :(

Due its design only way to improve DH it is to bring back powercreep (wich would make it the most easy classto play just like was at its release )to traps wich was the main target of it...

Since i dont imagine Anet buffing bow... bow traps on DH was a bad bet for Anet :\

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > > @"rank eleven monk.9502" said:

> > > > @"Patrick.2987" said:

> > > > I will not argue with you what works and what does not. Play what you feel works for you and do not tell people what is needed.

> > > Don't get offended, as I wrote, that is my opinion (and most reapers but that's irrelevant currently).

> > >

> > > What do you use for LF management if you drop BB then?

> >

> > As you can see from my earlier statements spectrals traited is like 100% shroud everytime it is up.

>

> Which is still worse sustain because you don't have the healing in shroud that blighter's offers, and you had to drop vital persistence.

The sustain builds like ele, warr or druid are good for 1v1. Why do u think rev dropped shield for sword? More sustain? Just use what works in the situation and role u use it for. If i go for tf i do not need much heal with autos since shroud is gone in seconds anyway. Just hop in that full shroud and shredd some ppl if you are lucky you have teammates that ever heal or help to kill.

I can actually imagine the balance team having a meeting and it went something like this....."ok guys i got an idea lets give reaper 30% more damage and wait for it....quickness on top as well!" Balance team cheers! "Beer for everyone!"

On a serious note i find this balance change laughable, its like they go out of the way to make Necro to be a major gimmicky cheesy build every season.

Very amusing.

Not to say that Reaper didn't need buffs nor do I think it's particularly overtuned, but is anyone else concerned with the fact that they're seemingly becoming more content with just handing out free quickness to anything that isn't support? First engi now reaper. Increasing amounts of stability and resistance are one thing - after all there is way more CC and condis then before, but there's no reason why any spec should have insane amounts of quickness unless they are a pure support build. I fully expect them to introduce perma quickness while in berserk mode for Warriors as another lazy solution to balance Berserker. If the spec is poor, they should buff the spec as is. Don't randomly introduce insane amounts of quickness to shove a spec down our throats. The fights in this game already end way too quickly.

> @"FtoPScrub.5476" said:

> Not to say that Reaper didn't need buffs nor do I think it's particularly overtuned, but is anyone else concerned with the fact that they're seemingly becoming more content with just handing out free quickness to anything that isn't support? First engi now reaper. Increasing amounts of stability and resistance are one thing - after all there is way more CC and condis then before, but there's no reason why any spec should have insane amounts of quickness unless they are a pure support build. I fully expect them to introduce perma quickness while in berserk mode for Warriors as another lazy solution to balance Berserker. If the spec is poor, they should buff the spec as is. Don't randomly introduce insane amounts of quickness to shove a spec down our throats. The fights in this game already end way too quickly.

Reaper's Onslaught over Blighter's boon and Elixir U over Hard Light Arena,

Free quickness is what someone who doesn't understand build trade-offs would see it as

> @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > @"FtoPScrub.5476" said:

> > Not to say that Reaper didn't need buffs nor do I think it's particularly overtuned, but is anyone else concerned with the fact that they're seemingly becoming more content with just handing out free quickness to anything that isn't support? First engi now reaper. Increasing amounts of stability and resistance are one thing - after all there is way more CC and condis then before, but there's no reason why any spec should have insane amounts of quickness unless they are a pure support build. I fully expect them to introduce perma quickness while in berserk mode for Warriors as another lazy solution to balance Berserker. If the spec is poor, they should buff the spec as is. Don't randomly introduce insane amounts of quickness to shove a spec down our throats. The fights in this game already end way too quickly.

>

> Reaper's Onslaught over Blighter's boon and Elixir U over Hard Light Arena,

>

> Free quickness is what someone who doesn't understand build trade-offs would see it as

We got choices? Nonsense!

> @"Aza.2105" said:

> > @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > > @"FtoPScrub.5476" said:

> > > Not to say that Reaper didn't need buffs nor do I think it's particularly overtuned, but is anyone else concerned with the fact that they're seemingly becoming more content with just handing out free quickness to anything that isn't support? First engi now reaper. Increasing amounts of stability and resistance are one thing - after all there is way more CC and condis then before, but there's no reason why any spec should have insane amounts of quickness unless they are a pure support build. I fully expect them to introduce perma quickness while in berserk mode for Warriors as another lazy solution to balance Berserker. If the spec is poor, they should buff the spec as is. Don't randomly introduce insane amounts of quickness to shove a spec down our throats. The fights in this game already end way too quickly.

> >

> > Reaper's Onslaught over Blighter's boon and Elixir U over Hard Light Arena,

> >

> > Free quickness is what someone who doesn't understand build trade-offs would see it as

>

> We got choices? Nonsense!

You can get choice without very high quickness uptime. Surely you can see how proliferation of quickness can eventually lead to incredible levels of power creep?