Sun's Refuge: a mix between guild halls and Home Instance? [merged]

The Anniversary video that just got posted talks about Sun's Refuge, a personal character instance in a familiar place in the world (from GW1), that you can rebuild. Also unlock collections and NPC's. Would rebuilding mean, decorating and stuff? I am intrigued! It must be more then our current Home instance where we already sortoff can unlock NPC's.

NB: Video is here: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/celebrating-six-years-of-guild-wars-2/ They talk about Sun's Refuge at 4 minutes into the video.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> Sounds exciting. It looks like the [sunspear Sanctuary.](https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Sunspear_Sanctuary). That place was big.

Yeah. I remember the Sunspear Sanctuary. Good times. And season five before expansion three? Was that the implication of the end of the video?

Or is this new thing the GW2 take on player housing? Um. In the Sunspear Sanctuary.

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > Sounds exciting. It looks like the [sunspear Sanctuary.](https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Sunspear_Sanctuary). That place was big.

>

> Yeah. I remember the Sunspear Sanctuary. Good times. And season five before expansion three? Was that the implication of the end of the video?

>

> **Or is this new thing the GW2 take on player housing? Um. In the Sunspear Sanctuary.**

That’s my take on it. It sounds like it can be added to like the Guild Halls except that it belongs to the individual players.

> What do you want to bet that we’ll need to first clear it of [gigantic insects](https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Secure_the_Refuge).

Oh yeah, I remember that mission, hah! :)

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> And season five before expansion three? Was that the implication of the end of the video?

Yes, that is correct.

> Or is this new thing the GW2 take on player housing? Um. In the Sunspear Sanctuary.

I was thinking about that, too, at first, but nothing specifically mentioned "customization" regarding furniture and the like.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > What do you want to bet that we’ll need to first clear it of [gigantic insects](https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Secure_the_Refuge).

>

> Oh yeah, I remember that mission, hah! :)

>

> > @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > And season five before expansion three? Was that the implication of the end of the video?

>

> Yes, that is correct.

>

> > Or is this new thing the GW2 take on player housing? Um. In the Sunspear Sanctuary.

>

> I was thinking about that, too, at first, but nothing specifically mentioned "customization" regarding furniture and the like.

My opinion is that it’s going to use the Scribe, with all the abilities and items that that crafting profession has. My guess is that recipes to allow furniture etc will be added to allow that sort of customization.

> What do you want to bet that we’ll need to first clear it of [gigantic insects](https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Secure_the_Refuge).

And do a giant collection. and 4000 Gems. and spin the correct number on the "Super Deluxe Big Wheel of RNG!" the unknown odds are less than .00001:1, spin as many times as you want for every odd number wrong you get a free Mini Queen Jenna and every even number wrong you get a free Mini Risen Priest of Balthazar, guaranteed 1000s of hours of content. I'm not bitter, really I'm not..

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > What do you want to bet that we’ll need to first clear it of [gigantic insects](https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Secure_the_Refuge).

> >

> > Oh yeah, I remember that mission, hah! :)

> >

> > > @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > > And season five before expansion three? Was that the implication of the end of the video?

> >

> > Yes, that is correct.

> >

> > > Or is this new thing the GW2 take on player housing? Um. In the Sunspear Sanctuary.

> >

> > I was thinking about that, too, at first, but nothing specifically mentioned "customization" regarding furniture and the like.

>

> My opinion is that it’s going to use the Scribe, with all the abilities and items that that crafting profession has. My guess is that recipes to allow furniture etc will be added to allow that sort of customization.

I hope to god not unless they make everything scribe needs super easy to obtain, my understanding of scribe was that it was supposed to be a guild supported crafting profession.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > What do you want to bet that we’ll need to first clear it of [gigantic insects](https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Secure_the_Refuge).

> > >

> > > Oh yeah, I remember that mission, hah! :)

> > >

> > > > @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > > > And season five before expansion three? Was that the implication of the end of the video?

> > >

> > > Yes, that is correct.

> > >

> > > > Or is this new thing the GW2 take on player housing? Um. In the Sunspear Sanctuary.

> > >

> > > I was thinking about that, too, at first, but nothing specifically mentioned "customization" regarding furniture and the like.

> >

> > My opinion is that it’s going to use the Scribe, with all the abilities and items that that crafting profession has. My guess is that recipes to allow furniture etc will be added to allow that sort of customization.

>

> I hope to god not unless they make everything scribe needs super easy to obtain, my understanding of scribe was that it was supposed to be a guild supported crafting profession.

They could always port how scribing works to a new crafting profession and with a new name then use it in the new Instance. Tie it to that the way Scribing is tied to Guild Halls.

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > I hope to god not unless they make everything scribe needs super easy to obtain, my understanding of scribe was that it was supposed to be a guild supported crafting profession.

>

> They could always port how scribing works to a new crafting profession and with a new name then use it in the new Instance. Tie it to that the way Scribing is tied to Guild Halls.

Scribing is not limited to GH crafting, though. The crafting discipline can produce many useful items that are not GH related, like sigils/runes. Therefore, I see no reason why it should not be expanded to crafting home instance/player housing furniture as well.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > I hope to god not unless they make everything scribe needs super easy to obtain, my understanding of scribe was that it was supposed to be a guild supported crafting profession.

> >

> > They could always port how scribing works to a new crafting profession and with a new name then use it in the new Instance. Tie it to that the way Scribing is tied to Guild Halls.

>

> Scribing is not limited to GH crafting, though. The crafting discipline can produce many useful items that are not GH related, like sigils/runes. Therefore, I see no reason why it should not be expanded to crafting home instance/player housing furniture as well.

Its more the cost of it than anything, scribe is expensive and while being able to customize a home instance is great, for me personally the thought of having to level a scribe and then use it for personal use is a major put off for the whole thing.

I’m hoping they renovsted the scribing and decoration systems and realized they could implement a new feature. It was something hey didn’t seem to want to invest resources into but now that they are adding a new feature it has probably given them an opportunity to revisit some of these systems.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> Its more the cost of it than anything, scribe is expensive and while being able to customize a home instance is great, for me personally the thought of having to level a scribe and then use it for personal use is a major put off for the whole thing.

Ahh, now I gotcha. :)