Sun's Refuge: a mix between guild halls and Home Instance? [merged]

> @"lokh.2695" said:

> > @"circuitnerd.5863" said:

> > You mean a new guild hall? Or is this something different? Cause the only upgradeable instance other than your home in cities are guild halls.

>

> Think of it as a personal GH and a grind of legendary proportions. As I said in many threads before: don't expect it to be cheap, don't expect it to be easy, don't expect it to be useful.

> @"lokh.2695" said:

> > @"circuitnerd.5863" said:

> > You mean a new guild hall? Or is this something different? Cause the only upgradeable instance other than your home in cities are guild halls.

>

> Think of it as a personal GH and a grind of legendary proportions. As I said in many threads before: don't expect it to be cheap, don't expect it to be easy, don't expect it to be useful.

if it's gonna be anything like SWTOR strongholds, it's gonna be useful and you will get starter stuff for cheap.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Menadena.7482" said:

> Hopefully we will get more of them if this is popular.

Gosh, no! We already have five home instances. If this is to be of bigger proportion, it better not be a frequenter. ;) Besides the workload it will probably involve, can you imagine the logistic nightmare of yet more travel devices as long as we still can't store them all in one tome?

> Can you imagine if eventually we we doing things, oh, well north of Divinity's Reach, and both our personal instance and GH were way down south?

Your home instance is just one click away, regardless of where you are. So are the V.I.P. areas. Only by the addition of a collective tome for all those locations will I be okay with further such areas to be added to the game.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > Anywhere is 'just one click away', not only Home Instances or VIP areas.

>

> Wrong. For "anywhere" else you need to open the map and look for a WP near the location you want to go. That is much more time-consuming that simply double-clicking an item.

I, and I suspect a majority of players, have to do that for Home Instance as well. What you describe requires a gem store purchase.

(The HI portal stone has never seemed valuable to me as I can't bring someone else with me.)

Is there such a thing as a Home Instance Portal Stone? I thought there were City ones, though I've rarely, rarely heard anyone speak about using/having one.

Oh! Looked it up, and see there is such a thing. For 900 Gems; no wonder no one speaks of owning one.

You know...I see little difference between pressing 'M' and double-clicking a Waypoint, and pressing 'I' and double-clicking an item. For me, a bit of scrolling would not be worth 900 Gems. Of course, ymmv.

Hint: if you have season 3 buy the Lake Doric scroll (put it in a shared inv slot if one is free). Use it, turn around and go through the gate .... home instance on your right reachable with 0g from anywhere.

That is a fast home instance with no added cost. If you make a habit of teleporting from one side of the map to another every day the cost adds up fast. Which is why I am hoping we get these instances in different parts of the map rather than just one way off nowhere near central tyria.

> @"Menadena.7482" said:

> Hint: if you have season 3 buy the Lake Doric scroll (put it in a shared inv slot if one is free). Use it, turn around and go through the gate .... home instance on your right reachable with 0g from anywhere.

>

> That is a fast home instance with no added cost. If you make a habit of teleporting from one side of the map to another every day the cost adds up fast. WHich is why I am hoping we get these instances in different parts of the map rather than just one way off nowhere near central tyria.

You can also go to any of the VIP areas and then go straight to a racial city.

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > Anywhere is 'just one click away', not only Home Instances or VIP areas.

> >

> > Wrong. For "anywhere" else you need to open the map and look for a WP near the location you want to go. That is much more time-consuming that simply double-clicking an item.

>

> I, and I suspect a majority of players, have to do that for Home Instance as well. What you describe requires a gem store purchase.

That is correct. But since said item exists alongside a ton of travel items (including the LWS ones), the fact stands that a collective tome would be a nice addition, don't you agree? :) Because I have a feeling that this new location will also have such a transport device of sorts, and it is just becoming too much.