[Suggestion] Pegacorn Mount Skin

> @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> The alicorn does not really fit into my GW2 worldview, what with its horsiness and its standard-fantasy origin and its having little to no lore in the game world.

>

If we can have a short bow that shoots rainbows and unicorns, I don't really see the issue. But no, I don't want either of them.

> @"SingleDoubt.6047" said:

> Does anyone recall if kirins could fly in GW1? I always thought they were really cool horse-like creatures and think that would be a really cool mount skin.

they don't fly, they don't even have wings.

they do have fins tho, an underwater mount perhaps?

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > @"SingleDoubt.6047" said:

> > Does anyone recall if kirins could fly in GW1? I always thought they were really cool horse-like creatures and think that would be a really cool mount skin.

>

> they don't fly, they don't even have wings.

> they do have fins tho, an underwater mount perhaps?

You remember way better than I do! Might have to log in and see/kill some to refresh my memory! I'm not really a big fan of swimming in-game in general, so an underwater mount would be lost on me.

> @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> The alicorn does not really fit into my GW2 worldview, what with its horsiness and its standard-fantasy origin and its having little to no lore in the game world.

>

> Griffons may also be a standard fantasy creature, but there are griffons all over Tyria. Raptors, too, even if not much like the mount version. The springers and skimmers are new and unique (as far as I know) and the roller beetles and jackals are apparently based on some GW1 lore. The only hint I know of of any unicorn lore is that Dreamer shortbow.

>

> If another winged mount is coming, my vote is for a flying dolyak.

Horses exist in Tyria, pictures of them, statues of them, even zodiac images of them are all found around. NPC's talk about them and even Destinys Edge saw them in the book.

It seems small-minded to assume that pegacorns (and pegabicorns) do not exist somewhere in the vastness of the mists tho. And a pegacorn could conceivably leave behind a trail of mists of water droplets (skimmers fart all the time too) which can give the visual effect of rainbows, so a rainbow-fart pegacorn is totally plausible in our world.

And tho we do not have horses on tyria in the current era, we could always have pegagrifficorns. Griffon breeds already come with many types of heads. It really just takes one bored deity to craft one.

(And if I have to put up with that 2k peacock thing)

> @"casualkenny.9817" said:

> It seems small-minded to assume that pegacorns (and pegabicorns) do not exist somewhere in the vastness of the mists tho. And a pegacorn could conceivably leave behind a trail of mists of water droplets (skimmers fart all the time too) which can give the visual effect of rainbows, so a rainbow-fart pegacorn is totally plausible in our world.

>

> And tho we do not have horses on tyria in the current era, we could always have pegagrifficorns. Griffon breeds already come with many types of heads. It really just takes one bored deity to craft one.

>

>

>

> (And if I have to put up with that 2k peacock thing)

You heard it, now hand over that rainbow-farting pegagrifficorn!

Rainbowfartipegagrifficortastilicous!

> @"Sadria.6570" said:

> > @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> > The alicorn does not really fit into my GW2 worldview, what with its horsiness and its standard-fantasy origin and its having little to no lore in the game world.

> >

> > Griffons may also be a standard fantasy creature, but there are griffons all over Tyria. Raptors, too, even if not much like the mount version. The springers and skimmers are new and unique (as far as I know) and the roller beetles and jackals are apparently based on some GW1 lore. The only hint I know of of any unicorn lore is that Dreamer shortbow.

> >

> > If another winged mount is coming, my vote is for a flying dolyak.

>

> So don't buy it. =D

> @"Moonlit.6421" said:

> > @"Sadria.6570" said:

> > Look guys, if you don't want the purposed skin, no one would be forcing you to buy it. =) It'd be gem store optional.

>

> True but I would probably be forced to look at it as it blinds my character in every city and waypoint across Tyria lol. I hate saying it because I know it sounds like trying to force players to play your way but this is one thing I was glad not to see in guild wars. It's like when I've seen people ask for playable dwarves and elves in the past, or even playable skritt to a lesser extent. I am someone who greatly enjoys the lore of this game and to see someone go flying but on a flying unicorn covered in rainbows when there's no other mention of them in the game, let alone a visible horse in the game, is not something I ever want. It's the same reason I opposed SAB mounts and the branded mounts when they come out, I don't like lorebreaking items. And your right I don't have to buy them but I will have to look at them everywhere I go so that's why I'm strongly on the opposite side of this topic.

You already have to watch my shiny behind when ever I go by sooooooo. =) Tough luck, buttercup, there's a lot of stuff in this game I don't like looking at but still have to deal with. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean others won't love it.

> @"casualkenny.9817" said:

> It seems small-minded to assume that pegacorns (and pegabicorns) do not exist somewhere in the vastness of the mists tho. And a pegacorn could conceivably leave behind a trail of mists of water droplets (skimmers fart all the time too) which can give the visual effect of rainbows, so a rainbow-fart pegacorn is totally plausible in our world.

>

> And tho we do not have horses on tyria in the current era, we could always have pegagrifficorns. Griffon breeds already come with many types of heads. It really just takes one bored deity to craft one.

>

>

>

> (And if I have to put up with that 2k peacock thing)

When it rainbow farts, do we also get magical rainbow glitter?! Roflmfao

> @"Dreadshow.9320" said:

> As long as we mole obsessed also get an Albino Blind Mole with digging fast movement I'm ok with this. It may not be shiny but it bored faster than a Giant jungle Wurm.

Oh, why did you have to Dredge that up?

As for those picturing the horn being made of candy corn... why not? It's as silly as anything else.

> @"Sadria.6570" said:

> > @"Moonlit.6421" said:

> > > @"Sadria.6570" said:

> > > Look guys, if you don't want the purposed skin, no one would be forcing you to buy it. =) It'd be gem store optional.

> >

> > True but I would probably be forced to look at it as it blinds my character in every city and waypoint across Tyria lol. I hate saying it because I know it sounds like trying to force players to play your way but this is one thing I was glad not to see in guild wars. It's like when I've seen people ask for playable dwarves and elves in the past, or even playable skritt to a lesser extent. I am someone who greatly enjoys the lore of this game and to see someone go flying but on a flying unicorn covered in rainbows when there's no other mention of them in the game, let alone a visible horse in the game, is not something I ever want. It's the same reason I opposed SAB mounts and the branded mounts when they come out, I don't like lorebreaking items. And your right I don't have to buy them but I will have to look at them everywhere I go so that's why I'm strongly on the opposite side of this topic.

>

> You already have to watch my shiny behind when ever I go by sooooooo. =) Tough luck, buttercup, there's a lot of stuff in this game I don't like looking at but still have to deal with. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean others won't love it.

So basically this is one of those "agree with me or go away" kind of threads got it lol. That being in mind I'm going to excuse myself, seeing as there's no point to stay, and take solace in my faith that Anet wouldn't add such a thing. Good day~