Black Lion Weapon Skins Appreciation Thread

I don't really know who designs the black lion weapon skins. But whoever it is, whether it's one person or a team, kudos to you mate(s)! The recent 3-4 black lion weapon skin sets have been awesome! I really loved the Inquest Mark II weapon skins, the Onyx and Gold Lion skins, the Desert King skins, and the most recent Equinox skins. I don't really spend a lot of gold when it comes to skins, but when I saw these skins I was like, "I gotta have these no matter what!" I bought like 6-7 Desert King skins, and probably gonna end up buying the whole Equinox set. Couldn't get the Onyx and Gold Lion skins as I didn't have the gems back then, but I'll get those in the future hopefully.

So again, hats off to the designer(s)! Really amazing skins. Keep up the good work!

Edit: You guys could've passed the Equinox Warhorn as a legendary warhorn if some footfall and effects were added, it's that great!

> @"segman.3560" said:

> Imagine if these were in-game rewards, not gemstore sets. And no, farming istan and transfering gold to gems doesn't qualify them as in-game rewards.

Yeah, I see your point of view. Some Desert King or Equinox level cool weapon skins as in game reward would be terrific! Well, you never know. They can always do it. The game is going strong, so they got time on their side to that!

> @"thehipone.6812" said:

> > @"segman.3560" said:

> > Imagine if these were in-game rewards, not gemstore sets. And no, farming istan and transfering gold to gems doesn't qualify them as in-game rewards.

>

> Imagine a monthly subscription fee.

Don't see it for GW2 but a monthly sub would definitely be a lot cheaper for me.

Sadly not that much to appreciate here, the skins themselves are great but the ranged weapons completely lack fitting sounds / projectile animations. I had to craft HOPE in order to get a futuristic vibe from my gun becuse the Inquest Mark II pistol somehow still operates on black powder... V.V

It's sad to see how the lack of effort on this part is ruining otherwise great weapon skins.

I'm still waiting for the Dreamthistle weapon skins to come back... But I do have to admit, the newer ones - Timekeeper, Onyx/Gold Lion, Desert King, Equinox, all of those - are absolutely *gorgeous*. I personally won't use them, because none of my characters fit those aesthetics (I tend to go for plainer things), but I still think they're amazing.

> > @"segman.3560" said:

> > Imagine if these were in-game rewards, not gemstore sets. And no, farming istan and transfering gold to gems doesn't qualify them as in-game rewards.

>

imagine this game dying.

> > @"segman.3560" said:

>

Game has no content to support sub fee currently.

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > @"thehipone.6812" said:

> > > @"segman.3560" said:

> > > Imagine if these were in-game rewards, not gemstore sets. And no, farming istan and transfering gold to gems doesn't qualify them as in-game rewards.

> >

> > Imagine a monthly subscription fee.

>

> imagine this game dying.

That was pretty much my point.

Back on topic: the recent sets have been nice IMO and varied enough in their looks and color scheme. As someone who ran with the Dark Asuran weapon skins for a while at the beginning of game, the Inquest Mk II weapons are great!