Razer Naga Trinity

Clipzy.9483

I don't have the Naga Trinity, but a similar mouse (Logitech G600) which also have 12 Thumb-Buttons.

Well, I dan't play without it anymore. I use those Thumb-Keys for almost everything, Skill 6-0, F-Skills, all HUD Options (TP, FL, Inventory, Map etc.), Autorun and much more. It's very compfortable.

But well I can only say something to those Thumb-Buttons, nothing about the Naga itself.

short version: order one (with a full return policy) and try it out; there is no substitute for playing with it, because our experience varies so much with what makes a good mouse. Naga Trinity is a solid choice; it's beloved by many gamers. I am very happy with my Logitech C502 and with the G600 before it. Your mileage will vary.

I love multi-button mice. They are useful for all sorts of things (not just gaming), if you are willing to take time to recognize how you play and edit profiles to help you do that. Even better if you take the time to reconsider how you use the mouse and are willing to re-train yourself.

The selection of a specific mouse depends on three factors:

**The utility of the software.** Some find Logitech great; some hate it. Likewise for the Naga and the others. If you haven't used mouse-specific software before, then I would ignore this until you have some specific experience with it.

**Reliability.** Not every mouse is built equally; each major manufacturer had at least one lemon (or three) and the lesser brands, well, they are lesser for good reason usually. Naga Razer is very reliable; a good choice.

**Comfort.** Can you use it for long periods of time. Will you use all the keys. How does the scroll-wheel feel. How easy is it to click, double-click, triple-click?

There is no way to determine this without using the mouse for a bit. If you can do so at a store (e.g. Best Buy or Fry's in the US), great.

Otherwise, order two brands from someplace that has a free-return policy on mice. I know some people who love Naga, but others who find it an awkward fit for their hand. Some mice come with adjustable elements (sometimes shape or cover, sometimes counterweights). On one mouse I tried, none of that helped me at all. On another I tried, nothing I did with the adjustments made it uncomfortable. And on yet another, adjusting the cover and the counterweights made it a much better experience for me.

In short: mileage varies; you have to try it out.

Don't do Razer....I have Razer Naga 2014... and my god, Razer Synapse keeps turning off on its own, mouse sometimes doesn't want to move for few seconds... it's just, horrible, and all of it is Synapse's problem, not hardware, because my boyfriend has exactly the same problem since day 1 we bought them. Get Logitech imo

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > I am using Logitech g700s and g502. I had several Razer products, including mice. The only razer which is worth it, IMO, is orb weaver and widow keyboard.

> > If I were you I would go Logitech for a mouse.

>

> Which of the Logitechs do you like the best?

Probably g502 as g700s is wireless but with a rechargeable battery and I have to either keep the cable always in or run out of power mid-fight, as I don't look at the blinking light on the mouse. Heard the new software version is alarming on the screen, so I may move back to g700s again. However, G502s is quite an impressive mouse. I use utility skills + ultimate as C V B N, stances/attunements/etc 1 2 3 4, the skills are on the mouse (need only 4) and I am using action camera. E dodge, Q healing skill.

> @"Karaha.3290" said:

> I don't have the Naga Trinity, but a similar mouse (Logitech G600) which also have 12 Thumb-Buttons.

> Well, I dan't play without it anymore. I use those Thumb-Keys for almost everything, Skill 6-0, F-Skills, all HUD Options (TP, FL, Inventory, Map etc.), Autorun and much more. It's very compfortable.

>

> But well I can only say something to those Thumb-Buttons, nothing about the Naga itself.

Another G600 fan reporting in. I've used this thing since it came out, and actually both the M1 and M2 buttons have been broken for a really long time, waaaay past the 20 million click lifespan Logitech promised for it. They double-click randomly, which is annoying and does cause mistakes sometimes, but I just can't play with any of the actual working mice in my house because they lack the thumb buttons. I will definitely be getting a new MMO mouse soon-ish, when I can afford it.

Sadly I don't think they make the G600 anymore, since it got pretty negative reviews as far as I know. I don't understand why though, this is hands down the best mouse I have ever used, and there's not a single thing I would change about it. Well, apart from the broken M1 and M2 buttons in my personal one.

I've also been eyeing the Naga Trinity, but I'm a bit worried about the attachable/detachable thumb-pad. I would trust a solid pad a whole lot more; what if the connector breaks somehow? What if dust or dirt causes a loose connection? What if the plastic pins that hold it in place break? Anyways, there are lots of mice out there with 12 thumb buttons and great specs, like the older Razer Nagas and the Corsair Scimitar just to name the two most well-known ones.

The Redragon Perdition is a good budget mouse with a ton of side buttons. I use its Korean Knockoff by uTechSmart (both mice available on Amazon) for all my gaming including GW2. The side buttons are absoutely essential, and work very well. I have them keyed for utility skills and mount/dismount, anything that doesn't require aiming (I find that hitting side buttons knocks my aim slightly).

I'm not sure I'd get another Razer product, I like the design and feel, but sadly they always seem to be unreliable pieces of junk in my experience (I've had two, and a few other people I know have had these issues too).

I've found the scroll wheels always develop an issue where they frequently process the scrolling in the opposite direction, so for example you scroll to zoom in, and it'll zoom in one step, but then zoom out 5 steps, which makes it incredibly annoying for the camera in game, and even for just scrolling on websites! (taking it apart and cleaning it doesn't achieve anything). The pickup seems to be very buggy as well, often the mouse just won't respond to movement, or it'll take a few seconds before it decides to respond (no matter how sensitive you set it). Razer tried to tell me this wasn't a fault, but it was because it wasn't being used on a "compatible gaming service", quite staggering the amount of rubbish they came out with to avoid acknowledging a fault (and as it happens I was using a razer gaming mat anyway).

I've found they tend to start playing up just after the warranty period, and razer support haven't ever been of any help, one response they gave me for one that was a month out of warranty was "they don't cost much just go and buy a new one".

The Synapse software always seems buggy as well, often prompting for updates which it then just freezes or stalls on (even if you reinstall it).

I'm sure others are happy with them, but there's certainly no way I would recommend, or buy Razer again based on my experiences with the poor reliability and terrible after sales service.

> @"Hevoskuuri.3891" said:

> > @"Karaha.3290" said:

> > I don't have the Naga Trinity, but a similar mouse (Logitech G600) which also have 12 Thumb-Buttons.

> > Well, I dan't play without it anymore. I use those Thumb-Keys for almost everything, Skill 6-0, F-Skills, all HUD Options (TP, FL, Inventory, Map etc.), Autorun and much more. It's very compfortable.

> >

> > But well I can only say something to those Thumb-Buttons, nothing about the Naga itself.

>

> Another G600 fan reporting in. I've used this thing since it came out, and actually both the M1 and M2 buttons have been broken for a really long time, waaaay past the 20 million click lifespan Logitech promised for it. They double-click randomly, which is annoying and does cause mistakes sometimes, but I just can't play with any of the actual working mice in my house because they lack the thumb buttons. I will definitely be getting a new MMO mouse soon-ish, when I can afford it.

>

> Sadly I don't think they make the G600 anymore, since it got pretty negative reviews as far as I know. I don't understand why though, this is hands down the best mouse I have ever used, and there's not a single thing I would change about it. Well, apart from the broken M1 and M2 buttons in my personal one.

>

> I've also been eyeing the Naga Trinity, but I'm a bit worried about the attachable/detachable thumb-pad. I would trust a solid pad a whole lot more; what if the connector breaks somehow? What if dust or dirt causes a loose connection? What if the plastic pins that hold it in place break? Anyways, there are lots of mice out there with 12 thumb buttons and great specs, like the older Razer Nagas and the Corsair Scimitar just to name the two most well-known ones.

I had the same doubl-click problem on my first one, I repaired it a few times but well, it wasn't forever.

I imported my 2nd one from US (live in EU) because it's cheaper, cause Logitech don't make them anymore. :/

I also eyed the Naga Trinity and Corsair Scimitar but both of them don't have a third mouse button (the shift thing) which I use.

But since my first G600 broke after 5 years, I hope I have another 5 with my 2nd one to find a good alternativ... or get another G600. ^^

I couldn't go back to a standard button mouse now and wonder how I ever managed with one.

I have a Naga Trinity, my wife has a G600. We both had the same at one point but i couldn't get on with the logitech, the keys are all at odd angles too each other, presumably so you can identify which is which quicker but i ended up with a sore thumb after a while where it would dig in and when her's eventually dies, she wants a different one if logitech ever brings a new type out. The razers are all flat-ish so running your thumb over them is kinder when you want to play for a few hours.

My main gripe with the Naga Trinity is not the new Synapse 3 software but that half the razer peripherals wont work with it. If you want to buy a brand new keyboard or keypad to go with it, you have to check first if it is supported, otherwise you will end up with two different programs that are not compatable for any of the lighting etc and with new updates can sometimes conflict with each other.

I had the original Razer Naga mouse with the 12 side buttons and the two buttons near left mouse button. Loved it, but the mouse started to do that double click thing. Got a new Razer Naga and notice they got rid of the 2 mouse buttons near left click. I didnt like that.

Got a G600 instead, but my problem with this mouse is that the side buttons are angled in a way that confuses me sometimes when blind clicking unlike with my Razer Naga side buttons. I just dont like it like this. Hard to tell whats what, even though they angled differently.

Also I have big heavy fingers/hand. and My finger tends to sometimes weigh down the 3rd Click button, especially during intense fights in which I am using the side buttons a lot and need extra grip. If Only this button was a bit more hard to press down.

> @"MetalGirl.2370" said:

> Don't do Razer....I have Razer Naga 2014... and my god, Razer Synapse keeps turning off on its own, mouse sometimes doesn't want to move for few seconds... it's just, horrible, and all of it is Synapse's problem, not hardware, because my boyfriend has exactly the same problem since day 1 we bought them. Get Logitech imo

I have never had that happen, except maybe after Synapse updates. Been using it for years for my Anansi keyboard and Death Adder mouse. I stopped using Logitech stuff years ago due to me constantly having to replace things. Razer stuff has much better lifespans (personal opinion).