Why is superspeed not faster than swiftness?

Sinful.2165

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Movement_Speed

"Movement Speed increases do not stack with each other—only the greatest value takes effect. For example, a character under the effect of Signet of Air (+25%) and swiftness (+33%) will only move 33% faster. Maximum movement speed is universally capped at 400 units per second; this translates to 136% of base out-of-combat speed, but 190% of base in-combat speed. As such, the capped movement speed can be achieved out-of-combat with a mere 40% movement speed increase, whereas in-combat this requires a 100% increase i.e. Superspeed. Superspeed only makes use of its full 100% increase while in combat. "

You can only use superspeed full potential in combat. Out of combat have a movement speed limit.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Lost Dimension.9014" said:

> > "Movement Speed increases do not stack with each other [...]

>

> That wasn't the OP's question, though. ;)

"Maximum movement speed is universally capped at 400 units per second; this translates to 136% of base out-of-combat speed, but 190% of base in-combat speed. As such, the capped movement speed can be achieved out-of-combat with a mere 40% movement speed increase, whereas in-combat this requires a 100% increase i.e. Superspeed. Superspeed only makes use of its full 100% increase while in combat. "

Happy now?

> @"Lost Dimension.9014" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > @"Lost Dimension.9014" said:

> > > "Movement Speed increases do not stack with each other [...]

> >

> > That wasn't the OP's question, though. ;)

>

> "Maximum movement speed is universally capped at 400 units per second; this translates to 136% of base out-of-combat speed, but 190% of base in-combat speed. As such, the capped movement speed can be achieved out-of-combat with a mere 40% movement speed increase, whereas in-combat this requires a 100% increase i.e. Superspeed. Superspeed only makes use of its full 100% increase while in combat. "

>

> Happy now?

whats 400 Units? I think that part is what confuses me. Whats a unit?

> @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > @"Lost Dimension.9014" said:

> > > > "Movement Speed increases do not stack with each other [...]

> > >

> > > That wasn't the OP's question, though. ;)

> >

> > "Maximum movement speed is universally capped at 400 units per second; this translates to 136% of base out-of-combat speed, but 190% of base in-combat speed. As such, the capped movement speed can be achieved out-of-combat with a mere 40% movement speed increase, whereas in-combat this requires a 100% increase i.e. Superspeed. Superspeed only makes use of its full 100% increase while in combat. "

> >

> > Happy now?

>

> whats 400 Units? I think that part is what confuses me. Whats a unit?

According to wiki, it would be range units. You see the range number on your skills? You can use that as a guide on how far the travel distance is.

> @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > @"Lost Dimension.9014" said:

> > > > "Movement Speed increases do not stack with each other [...]

> > >

> > > That wasn't the OP's question, though. ;)

> >

> > "Maximum movement speed is universally capped at 400 units per second; this translates to 136% of base out-of-combat speed, but 190% of base in-combat speed. As such, the capped movement speed can be achieved out-of-combat with a mere 40% movement speed increase, whereas in-combat this requires a 100% increase i.e. Superspeed. Superspeed only makes use of its full 100% increase while in combat. "

> >

> > Happy now?

>

> whats 400 Units? I think that part is what confuses me. Whats a unit?

Right in the wiki, just click on units and it leads to: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Range

> Range is a property of many skills that defines the distance at which a skill can successfully connect to its target. The radius or area of effect define area over which a skill's effects are applied. Distance is defined in terms of units, which are essentially equivalent to inches.

Units are a measurement of range in the game. All skill distances are measured in units, thus x units per second is the equivalent distance traveled in 1 second.

TC was essentially asking why he subjectively does not feel a difference between swiftness and super-speed. Lost Dimension correctly refereed to the wiki which explains the mechanic behind the movement system (and its limitations), essentially providing an answer to the underlying question of TC.