Some tanky build without drawf?

Alvaro.5270

Atm im using Zealots but usually Marauder do the trick, since i has more vitality and stats are decent for damage build.

Crusader or toughnes+crit based stats? I dont see much more, beside, shiro is ment for damage, and evasion in combat, that is why people dont need to use tanky gear with shiro, besides some vitality.

Btw dont expect to be tanky alone by stats.

> @"Alvaro.5270" said:

> Healing power with shiro? Does that work fine?

Doubt (X)

Still It would improve the vampiric stuff but the change would be more 100-150 hp or arorund that.

Assassin Annihilation with zealots stat is arround 447hp life siphoning.

U can go for Devastation and herald and use the third to get at least some sturdiness from jalis,

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQJAsMW2UC137fb0GU8A-jxBBABZq+DAnAAs2fYP9ARqEkhHAQXK/AA-e

IMO u should search for "tankyness" on skills and improve them with their needed stats than actually relly on somethign that is somewhat kinda useless "toughness".

You could try a crusader renegade with Devastation/Invocation/Renegade.

You don't need the Precision so you can stack up Power, Toughness, Ferocity, and Healing.

I wanted to try this build for fun but i don't have the right trinkets atm.

The important things are Incensed Response (for passive 25 might generation) and Rolling Mist (to have a +40% crit chance under Fury) in the Invocation line and Brutal Momentum (+33% crit chance when at full endurance) and Vindication (might generation too) in the Renegade line.

In the Renegade line I'd take Wrought-Iron Will and All for One for defensive boons (Regeneration, Retaliation, Protection).

You will have a 73% crit chance and a good level of Power and Ferocity (Kalla's Fervor and Assassin's Presence are a +300 Ferocity) while also getting Toughness and Healing Power.

Maybe you could try Retribution or Salvation instead of Devastation, but your damage will suffer.

With sword/sword and staff as a backup you should be fine.

As for legends, Kalla with her elite always up for sure, and maybe Ventari for self healing?

What's your intended purpose as a tank? In PvP Shiro can hypothetically be tankier than Jalis because active defense and mobility is so valuable. In PvE I'd say Glint/Mallyx is a good choice if you go Corruption/Retribution/Herald. You can take 2-1-3 in Corruption and you'll take less damage when you have Resistance up. In Glint you'll have decent protection uptime and from Retribution you can get Stab on evade as well as less damage when Stab is active, not to mention the major traits.

> @"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

> What's your intended purpose as a tank? In PvP Shiro can hypothetically be tankier than Jalis because active defense and mobility is so valuable. In PvE I'd say Glint/Mallyx is a good choice if you go Corruption/Retribution/Herald. You can take 2-1-3 in Corruption and you'll take less damage when you have Resistance up. In Glint you'll have decent protection uptime and from Retribution you can get Stab on evade as well as less damage when Stab is active, not to mention the major traits.

@Alvaro.5270, Pterikdactyl comment is really important to understand it, since u dont have tank in this game, some mobs will even ignore your block and 1 shot ur health most probably.

Gw2 is all about movement/evade and dps spam, if u can combine both u are super tanky and do alot of damage.

U just need the basic 101 rule of any mmo here, learn to telegraph the mobs and find places where "bosses" will hit u less with their aoe like raids work, and what hits u hard so u can dodge, and mobs here dont have anything else than super health and 1hitKO.

I would bet on active defenses like Pterikdactyl said, like i said before dont expect to be tanky by stats, since toughness is most useless, even players can easilly kill another players on a very gimmick dps build arround 2-3 seconds, that how tanky u can get.

Ohm, thanks, but i guess that for pve some toughness to get agro its ok right?

What about shiro/glint /// some toughness ,heal and more damage/crit /// double sword or sword+shield and staff.

I,m not saying this is meta build op badass xD but could it works for fractals? even 4 tier?

I don,t think something like this works in raids xD.

And btw thanks for your time guys :)