Is the Shattered Cathedral part of the lore?

Brycar.2651

In cooperation with Moto, they got the super cloud glider out, but all gliders being canon still raises one question: Who is making all these gliders? Are they constructed by different craftsmen and sold to the BLTC, as their wholesaler?

I mean, Evon knows what he's doing, as there's always adventurers buying this stuff with their hard earned gold and gems.

ANet was in Seattle with a big ol' honkin Griffon statue. It's not part of our reality; it's just fun.

Likewise, anything sold in the gem shop can be just for fun, too. (For example, take the wing backpack skins... please.) Tyrians have myths and legends and imagine what might be no reason Gnashblade can't make a buck or 12 off of it.

> @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> The glider looks very Shiro’ken to me. And there are shattered cathedrals in Echovald.

One, that we know about, technically. And I would disagree, there's nothing Shiro'ken looking to me, though the dyes that are chosen by default do make it look like ambrite glass like Kurzicks had, the stone is more alabastar like White Mantle had. That said, I doubt it's tied to either. On guildwars2.com we get this line about it:

The Six may not be there to catch you when you fall, but this solemn glider will carry you safely through your next leap of faith.

So basically, it'd be a religious cathedral like those in Orr. If it were related to any particular place at least; and the one Kurzick cathedral we knew - Arborstone aka Cathedral zu Heltzer - wasn't a religious one but a high nobility home.

> @"Brycar.2651" said:

> Thanks for all the replies. It sounds like there isn’t a place that is a shattered cathedral.

Most likely, yeah, it's just called "Shattered Cathedral" because it's inspired by human cathedrals to the Six, and it has a shattered glass look.

The feathers look like the Shiro’ken knife fans to me. But that’s just my opinion. Wasn’t really commenting on the overall aesthetic of the glider or the color scheme, or the type of materials that were presumably used to make it.

Pretty sure it’s just a random gemstore item with no relation to anything though. Just like Timekeeper has no relation to anything that we know of in lore. Unless I’m wrong about that too, of course.

It is interesting reading the line about the gods though. Just makes me wish I could see some of the Orr stuff in its prime.