[Suggestion] Two attunements and weapon swap

maddoctor.2738

You can just stay on top of Matriarch and go behind it when aoe field spawns. No need for swap at all.

I still dont understand how is autoattacking on useless ranged weapon on other class any better than icebow burst or axe attacks. It still does -some damage-, just like other class would It's not like you have to range Joko all the time (at which point it would be pointless to run a melee weapon), you can use flash for critic situations and use ranged conjure for those few seconds you cant be in melee.

After all, arcane skills and glyphs work from range, so do fire signet in condi builds, warhorn skills and shouts and they all do enough damage while you're using conjured weapon. If you still cant manage to do anything, then you should probably avoid melee weapon in any situation that 100% melee fight isnt possible.

> @"steki.1478" said:

> I still dont understand how is autoattacking on useless ranged weapon on other class any better than icebow burst or axe attacks. It still does -some damage-, just like other class would It's not like you have to range Joko all the time (at which point it would be pointless to run a melee weapon), you can use flash for critic situations and use ranged conjure for those few seconds you cant be in melee.

You are saying that there are so useless ranged weapons that you can only auto attack with them? That's... interesting to say the least.

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> This isn't true though. Players do slot their second weapon for range, it all depends on the kind of content they are going to do. When you fight a meta boss, having both at the same time saves much time (don't need to go OOC). Maybe you aren't experiencing this because you aren't playing an Elementalist as your main in solo story instances (fighting Caedecus for example),meta events (Legendary Wyvern Matriarch comes to mind) where actually having an on-swap ranged weapon does help.

To answer your question, my ele has been my main for over 6 years. I have done all the things you mention and I've not had the any issues with weapon range. I do not want to turn this discussion into a 'who's the better player' discussion though, so I'll just assume you have as much experience and skill as I have. Most of the things you describe can easily be handled by the 'slightly bigger than melee' range that dagger has, or by the tactic steki describes. I really don't see a problem with that.

>That Warrior could easily swap to his Longbow to DPS the Wyvern Matriarch when it uses the flame wall attacks, that prevent you from going in melee range. Even this simplified dps is better than zero dps.

>...

> I don't think I have to compare the Elementalist Lava Axe and Frost Bow (the only 900 range options for a melee Elementalist) with every other 900+ range weapon in the game.

I do not understand why you're fine with a warrior ranged weapon doing little dps, yet at the same time dismiss conjure weapons for not doing enough damage. You can use off-hand weapon attacks, overload air, conjure weapons and glyph of storms in the exact same way you describe the warrior swapping to longbow. The only difference is that the skills don't come from weapon swaps, but from other sources. But you can use them as fillers in pretty much the same way.

> @"Megametzler.5729" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > why tho? or is this one of those change for the sake of change

> > >

> > > To provide Elementalists a ranged option. Every profession in the game can swap from melee to ranged with a click of a button, either ~ for a weapon swap, or using a utility skill for Engineers. Meanwhile, an Elementalist that chooses a melee/close range weapon is stack with that range without any way of changing that.

> >

> > Engi doesn't have a swap either. One could argue our conjures fill the same role as their kits in this respect.

>

> Could one make the conjures into something like the kits too? Was there ever a discussion about this?

Discussion about this appear every now and then since GW2 launch. Well at least nobody is against the idea but I hardly recall any dev answering such thread.

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > @"Megametzler.5729" said:

> > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > why tho? or is this one of those change for the sake of change

> > > >

> > > > To provide Elementalists a ranged option. Every profession in the game can swap from melee to ranged with a click of a button, either ~ for a weapon swap, or using a utility skill for Engineers. Meanwhile, an Elementalist that chooses a melee/close range weapon is stack with that range without any way of changing that.

> > >

> > > Engi doesn't have a swap either. One could argue our conjures fill the same role as their kits in this respect.

> >

> > Could one make the conjures into something like the kits too? Was there ever a discussion about this?

>

> Discussion about this appear every now and then since GW2 launch. Well at least nobody is against the idea but I hardly recall any dev answering such thread.

Well, obviously. This is the ele forum! :wink: