Nightfall destroy projectiles

DragonFury.6243

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> I **have** asked myself that question and the answer is easy; because achieving a tight balance between classes (which you clearly aren't interested in anyways) is not possible when most of the outcome in those competitive game modes is determined more by the players and their actions than the skills on their characters.

>

> Anyways, I don't expect you to believe that because clearly based on how you are presenting yourself, it's clear to me why you wouldn't understand it. Thank goodness, most people do.

Ha

its funny because from our last conversion in regard for balance i proved to you with your own speech that i know more about how Anet balance more than you or you have forget that

LMAO

That's an interesting statement coming from someone that thinks Anet would even **consider** breaking Nightfall to give unskilled PVPers an edge. Yes, you're doing such a good job demonstrating exactly the level of balance knowledge you have in all these threads that no one needs to question it, it's pretty obvious.

Again, no one here is unwilling to see Reaper buffed for PVP ... but breaking Nightfall to do it is not a good idea. If you just want to propose these kinds of ideas to 'demonstrate' how much you know, I won't stop you.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> Again, no one here is unwilling to see Reaper buffed for PVP ... but breaking Nightfall to do it is not a good idea.

Yet i dont think anyone understand why i picked Nightfall because the other option is

wells but that is a 900 ranged skill and you can put it on the rang target thus completely shutting him down thus he need to run outside from the AOE and if any think scourge teaches us is rang AOE on point is disgusting that why i picked Nightfall scene its under the necromancer feet he cant force a group of player out from point unless he take a risk and enter the point to cast Nightfall

Spectral Wall that have a protection and soft CC that is broken to have it destroy projectiles

and that all the necromancer AOE and walls to be useful for a projectiles hate

There are lots of ways to improve Reaper for PVP, it's not just a two way race between breaking Nightfall or 'the other option'. The only thing people need to understand is that breaking Nightfall to do it is the one of the least good ways to improve Reaper in PVP. No one that cares about the health of the game overall can support any idea that breaks game skills to advantage unskilled PVPers.

As is typical, I'm not surprised you don't acknowledge that the risk of using Nightfall matches the benefits it gives. That's a nonstarter right there. It also worth pointing out that your inability to use Nightfall effectively at a point doesn't mean there is anything wrong with it to buff it; skills are buffed based on the value they bring to the class and NIghtfall already brings LOTS of value. Again, PVP is more about the player than the skills on the class that they play.

I'm going to suggest something absolutely insane to you. Either run with Corrosive Poison Cloud or Lich Form. Why Lich Form? Throw a Ripple of Horror at a ranged enemy and shadowstep to it with March of Death. Then use Grim Specter to steal their vitality and increase your own. If your issue is that you're being caught alone bring a staff for a Reaper's Mark or Chillblains. If you really can't reach your opponent, you have two separate pulls in Grasping Darkness and Spectral Grasp. Bait a couple of dodges then make good use of them.

You already have a ability in reaper to destroy projectiles:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Death%27s_Charge

What you need are invulns and stuff like that which help keep you alive, and maybe some way to get a decent amount of protection.Makes me think:maybe toughness might be worth getting more of.

either way i think i'l side with Warscythes.9307 and obtenna on this.

Nightfall is already one of the best skills on necromancer if not one of the best weapon skills across all professions in general.

The problem lies in projectile damage being overloaded as hell, the two best projectile classes dealing all of their damage via unblockable attacks (which negate projectile destruction as it is, btw) and the shroud decay rate + Speed of Shadows cooldown nerf not allowing ranged burst denial via hit absorption like it used to.

Yet again, the issues lie mostly in other professions. Asking for more forms of invuln and whatnot only makes the problem worse.

> @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > > ROFL they are so going to add projectile destruction to nightfall and increase it's CD now ;-)

> >

> > I would prefer if they made poison thing more useful instead.

>

> Just reducing the duration of the self-weakness would be all I ask for.

Or remove the self weakness and replace with self poison.

> @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > > > ROFL they are so going to add projectile destruction to nightfall and increase it's CD now ;-)

> > >

> > > I would prefer if they made poison thing more useful instead.

> >

> > Just reducing the duration of the self-weakness would be all I ask for.

>

> Or remove the self weakness and replace with self poison.

Thats a good idea reduce the part of dmg part and maybe lower cd a little.

> @"EremiteAngel.9765" said:

> How about making GS 2 grave digger grant a 1 second stability and reflect for the entire duration of its cast, similar to thief's elite dagger storm?

Well the answer i usually get from asking the same or similar question like yours is we should not do a comparison between profession "each profession is unique"

> @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > @"Razor.9872" said:

> > Might be better to make Death Spiral a short ranged teleport like Guardian sword 2. That way you could have an easier time getting in their face and staying there.

>

> We have Death's Charge for that.

Wow, it's like people don't know their class ... or have never heard of Death's Charge. It's like the Twilight Zone in here.