Shout out to Good Sportsmanship

Damocles.4908

Every had a match where there was a good fellow?...an enjoyable opponent or teammate? perhaps it was good fun match all round with each team respecting each other

lets hear it...Lets hear some good stories of sportsmanship! Maybe someone you want to shout out to: GIVE THAT MAN A BELLS!..or norm beer or whatever there is

oh yes and this topic is meant to be light hearted but still can have some good points.

cant post names...

But a player DC during the match while we were winning, he returned to the game within time but realised in that time we got tripple capped and the game was starting to run away...

he said that he would DC the rest of the match to save our rating so I sent him 25g for being considerate and asked my allies to do the same... This player then confessed in a message that 3 players on our team that game had sent him gold...

reward kindness with kindness... I also respect players who have consideration for others, its a rare trait on the internet and even rarer when in game.

I made a thread asking if what I did was wrong or could be viewed as win trading and anet responded that on their end it does look like win trading even though this particular circumstance wasnt and its best not to engage in such activities...

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> cant post names...

>

> But a player DC during the match while we were winning, he returned to the game within time but realised in that time we got tripple capped and the game was starting to run away...

>

> he said that he would DC the rest of the match to save our rating so I sent him 25g for being considerate and asked my allies to do the same... This player then confessed in a message that 3 players on our team that game had sent him gold...

>

> reward kindness with kindness... I also respect players who have consideration for others, its a rare trait on the internet and even rarer when in game.

>

> I made a thread asking if what I did was wrong or could be viewed as win trading and anet responded that on their end it does look like win trading even though this particular circumstance wasnt and its best not to engage in such activities...

Good thing you didn't get hit with the ban hammer for win trad... Oh wait no one does.

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> cant post names...

>

> But a player DC during the match while we were winning, he returned to the game within time but realised in that time we got tripple capped and the game was starting to run away...

>

> he said that he would DC the rest of the match to save our rating so I sent him 25g for being considerate and asked my allies to do the same... This player then confessed in a message that 3 players on our team that game had sent him gold...

>

> reward kindness with kindness... I also respect players who have consideration for others, its a rare trait on the internet and even rarer when in game.

>

> I made a thread asking if what I did was wrong or could be viewed as win trading and anet responded that on their end it does look like win trading even though this particular circumstance wasnt and its best not to engage in such activities...

Must be NA, never got any gold nor thanks when this happenned to me :/

The average player is a kind player- plays the game, does their best, doesn't trash talk. But there have been plenty offering tips or advice without being judgmental. Of course, there is the occasional salty player... just one or two or...

I'm seasoned enough I enjoy the decent players (the majority) and while I may mock the salty ones, they don't bother me.

Had a match where one of our team mate was dying constantly and blamed us for the loss so he stayed in spawn point and we started to win fights again.

He jumped down and died in mere seconds again and enemy team caught up to us so the guy started whining and blaming us again.

Jokingly told the enemy team that we give up because "Oh so mighty XY who is afk in the spawn told us we are bad". Everyone from the opponent team started saying how this and this person is doing a great job in our team ending with "Oh yeah XY is great at dying" . It was a funr read ^^

I've been nice, helpful and posting tactics for months pre-PoF. Unfortunately, when you still have the same mistakes and joke matchs after 5 years, it gets old.

Just had a match in gold where people kept fighting off point and chasing bad thieves the whole game. I've posted about 10 times to not fight off point, people still did it. We managed to cap all 3 nodes several times, people went to fight off point 3v1 again. And this happens way too often.

I do not mind, but when it's still the same mistakes after 6 years, i feel like what's even the point of winning such matchs if half of the team doesn't even understand at 1300 rating.