Destroy a city

dannico.8567

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, I'll admit it's probably my least favourite starter city to do map completion in, but it's not that bad. Anyway, if I had to pick a city, I'd choose Hoelbrak, mainly because I want at least an arc or two of a good Norn centric living world story. On that same logic, but with Asura, Rata Sum would be my next option. And hey, maybe then Zojja will finally get off her ass.

Destroy DR bring Wintersday and Lunar Newyear to LA.

Or...

Destroy one of the other racial cities on the condition that they get a proper event of their own following the rebuild.

Make the world more fair in terms of festivals.

I'd cry and be genuninely sad if the Grove fell, I think it is beautiful and I don't understand how people can think it is so hard to navigate... but if it meant that it got a place for a festival of equal proportions to wintersday or at least lunar newyear I would accept the change... probably...

Can't destroy the entirety of the Grove though... not without killing the Pale Tree and we definitely cannot have that.

Since we're talking about LW, it could encompass maps and regions we have not visited yet in GW2, but existed in GW1. I would even extend this to include a future expansion. Based on that premise, my vote would be to destroy Kaineng City!

Due to the high content of wood in its structures, and an apparent lack of sensible building codes, Kaineng City was essentially a fiery deathtrap just waiting to happen. In the hundreds of years between when we last saw it and now, it would take a miracle for it not to have burned to the ground by now. If we do ever return to Cantha, I will be greatly disappointed if we don't get to see Kaineng City reduced to a pile of ash. Either have the fire occur before we arrive, or better yet, give our characters the opportunity to start the blaze that razes Kaineng City to the ground! B)

> @"Kalendraf.9521" said:

> If we do ever return to Cantha, I will be greatly disappointed if we don't get to see Kaineng City reduced to a pile of ash. Either have the fire occur before we arrive, or better yet, give our characters the opportunity to start the blaze that razes Kaineng City to the ground! B)

Have it burn down just before we get there.

"Those people you wanted to see? All dead."

"And the ancient scrolls with important information about the dragons?"

"Burned up."

"The artifacts?"

"Piles of ashes, I'm afraid."

"Is there anything I came here for still in one piece?"

"Well... one place that survived serves a nice bubble tea. And tee shirts."

"... no."