Recommended healer for frontline zerg support?

Odokuro.5049

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > To bad the Tablet is so clunky to use.

>

> And even if its clunky its still fantasy numbers thats never seen in practice. I'd like to see the person that just stands there constantly healing 10k every second - I dont even see players getting that healing on them when supported by a 50 man zerg, let alone 1 herald. It would also make such players immortal 1v1, considering how warriors are with a mere 2k hps.

you never see those numbers in practice cuz most of the time the rev is over healing, or a spike takes everyone from 100-0 in seconds. remember all those +heal %s apply to others, not the rev so that 13k tablet heal is only 5k.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > To bad the Tablet is so clunky to use.

> >

> > And even if its clunky its still fantasy numbers thats never seen in practice. I'd like to see the person that just stands there constantly healing 10k every second - I dont even see players getting that healing on them when supported by a 50 man zerg, let alone 1 herald. It would also make such players immortal 1v1, considering how warriors are with a mere 2k hps.

>

> you never see those numbers in practice cuz most of the time the rev is over healing, or a spike takes everyone from 100-0 in seconds. remember all those +heal %s apply to others, not the rev so that 13k tablet heal is only 5k.

Well if you got a vid of healer revs doing their work good by all means show it. I'm just a skeptic on them. As I said, all I've seen is very, very meh healing not even close to a half asleep tempest but most vids are like a year old now because no one run it.

> @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > @"messiah.1908" said:

> > > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > > > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > > > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > > > > > The best healer (raw heal pet second) is scrapper.

> > > > > > do you know the actual numbers on this? im curious. a while ago I did a bunch of math and came up with rev - 13800 hps and ele 9900 hps, assuming weapon swaps.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > also OP druid has some good heals.

> > > > >

> > > > > With my Build. Holding 1 in the Medi Pack , if you hit 5 targets , around 30k heal per second (6x5).

> > > > > And i dont count heal from Medical Dispersion Field/ other traits,

> > > > >

> > > > > 30K is only Medi Pack 1 and Regen.

> > > > >

> > > > > Also Soothing Mist Tempest is around 12k per second just from Soothing Mist alone.

> > > >

> > > > lol no. you need to rethink maths.

> > >

> > > Lets start with

> > >

> > > **Heal Tempest**.

> > >

> > > **Stats.**

> > > * Healpower 1997 full Buffed or 2177 if you are holding a Frost Bow ( For the meme lords here)

> > > * Outgoing Healing 58.4%

> > >

> > > With Soothing Power, Soothing Mist will heal for

> > > Soothing Mist (10s): 1,600 (2.0) and its healing per second increases to

> > > Healing: 160 (0.2)

> > >

> > > (160 + (1997 * 0.2)) * 1.584 = 886 Healing per second.

> > >

> > > Soothing Mist get applied ever 3 seconds and last 10 seconds.

> > > If you are not in a group you will get this effect on more people.

> > >

> > > 4 People = 3544 HpS / 4103 HpS (If you count yourself)

> > > 8 People = 7088 HpS / 7647 HpS

> > > 12 People = 10632 HpS / 11191 HpS

> > > ....

> > >

> > > Be basic idea here is that, when you are not in a group/squad you get your Soothing Mist effect on more people then 5.

> > > _>Soothing Mist get applied ever 3 seconds and last 10 seconds.<_

> > >

> > >

> > > **Heal Scrapper**

> > >

> > > **Stats.**

> > > * Healpower 2178 full Buffed

> > > * Outgoing Healing 66.74%

> > >

> > > Med Blaster

> > > Heal allies with several pulses of healing energy. Heals more for each boon on that ally.

> > >

> > > Base Healing: 70 (0.2)?

> > > Healing for Each Boon: 11 (0.0125)?

> > > Number of Targets: 5

> > > Pulses: 3

> > > Range: 600

> > >

> > > (70 + (2178 * 0.2)) * 1.6674 = 843.

> > >

> > > (11 + (2718 * 0.0125)) * 1.6674 = 63.73 ( Rounded 64)

> > >

> > > Lets say 5 Boons on the Target.

> > >

> > > (64 * 5) + 843 = 1163 per Pulse.

> > >

> > > 3 Pulses = 3489

> > > On 5 Player = 17445 Healing with a Casttime of 1.25 Seconds.

> > >

> > > **However!** We have perma Quickness with Elixer U and Applied Force.

> > >

> > > So if im correct thats 17455 Healing in 0.625 Seconds.

> > > Aka: 28k Healing per second.

> > > Regen (Perma) =670 HpS x 5 Persons

> > >

> > > Pressing 1 + Regen =More then 31k HpS.

> > >

> > > But why stop there when we have Medical Dispersion Field?

> > > (Outgoing Healing works with that Trait)

> > >

> > > Our Selfheal:

> > > Regen = 402

> > > Backpack Regenerator = 226

> > > Rapid Regeneration (Swiftness) = 188

> > >

> > > We heal ourself for 816 HpS.

> > >

> > > (816 / 2) * 1.6674 = 680 Hps.

> > >

> > > **End Result:**

> > >

> > > If we have one person infront of us and he has 5 Boons, he gets healt for:

> > >

> > > 680 + 670 + 5582 = 6932 Healing Per Second.

> > >

> > > Simply put: We are healing the 5 People in front of us for 35k per second.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > assuming i doing the calc as you do on ventari rev

> > with 2100 healing power and 100% healing to allies and 20% regen effectiveness and alacrity

> >

> > regen heals for 9400 per sec to 10 ppl

> > ventari tablet #6 heals for 9217 5 ppl per sec

> > ventari tablet #8 heals for 38967 5 ppl per sec

> >

> > so one man standing near the tablet will heal for 940+1843+7793 per second = 10576 per second

>

> To bad the Tablet is so clunky to use.

> We had a Ventari Healer in our WvW Guild and after the 2-3 hours raid we was DONE. Poor guy had to work so much where others like Guards have easy mode.

>

> What i mostly want to proof is that Firebrand is not the best Healer in WvW.

> You would not believe how often i hear this, even from WvW Guild leaders or other "knowledgeable" players.

>

> It grinds my gears.

i am thinking the same as you. FB is good with boons only than conditions and after heals

ventari although with micro managing the tablet has the greatest heal output but less condi cleanse and mediocre boons output

scrapper has good healing output and great condi cleanse abilities but less dmg reduction which jalis has.

i play both with a zerg with good commanders and my healing out put was 5k with rev and 4k with scrapper. sure its situational. my scrapper cleanse more conditions while rev had more dmg reduction and stability and block abilities

i think more and more commanders start to see the benefit of scrappers . they dislike ventari as its hard to use. but i got used to it and i know to anticipate my team moves.

which is best is not the question. which is needed for the group or situation is. ventari works best with good commander and comms while scrapper also work with solo group . just follow and heal.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"Junkpile.7439" said:

> > Why not use broken healer scourge?

>

> Zerg commanders always complain about how we should let downed people die so had to stop using them and loose fights instead.

because if you stop to heal you have to use your abilities to support where you can use the team abilities to do another push and take more enemies down.

so you losing skills cd to heal while the enemy team can do another push. so if you res your team has no cd to support the second push

Well healing that you cant stop and can be buffed from the class it self eng is far better then tempest as you can stop one of its major healing effects staff 1 and there is no real way for tempest to buff its own aura genration and over all cdr effects.

That often is what it comes down to. A 1 skill with a cast time and an healing effect can be buffed by quickness a "skill" effect can only be buffed by alacrity something eng can do to it self (all though alacrity is harder for the eng to pull off then quickness).

> @"messiah.1908" said:

> while scrapper also work with solo group . just follow and heal.

The zerg scrapper is actually not all that good for small groups. You got lots of friendly healing sure but sacrifice everything for it and at the same time isnt all that good at sustaining yourself under pressure from decent roamers. A condi healer can do a metric buttload more damage while also having ok support heals, but other classes do condi better because the engie has to devote everything to it for effective damage which doesnt mesh with support at the same time.

> > ventari although with micro managing the tablet has the greatest heal output but less condi cleanse and mediocre boons output

> ventari condi cleanse isn't top but its good

what i have meant. less condi cleanse. but dmg mitigation with jalis

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > while scrapper also work with solo group . just follow and heal.

> The zerg scrapper is actually not all that good for small groups. You got lots of friendly healing sure but sacrifice everything for it and at the same time isnt all that good at sustaining yourself under pressure from decent roamers. A condi healer can do a metric buttload more damage while also having ok support heals, but other classes do condi better because the engie has to devote everything to it for effective damage which doesnt mesh with support at the same time.

i meant running solo not with organized guild group. with small group scrapper isnt good as you said

> @"messiah.1908" said:

> > > @"messiah.1908" said:

> > > while scrapper also work with solo group . just follow and heal.

> > The zerg scrapper is actually not all that good for small groups. You got lots of friendly healing sure but sacrifice everything for it and at the same time isnt all that good at sustaining yourself under pressure from decent roamers. A condi healer can do a metric buttload more damage while also having ok support heals, but other classes do condi better because the engie has to devote everything to it for effective damage which doesnt mesh with support at the same time.

>

> i meant running solo not with organized guild group. with small group scrapper isnt good as you said

Well solo is even worse than small group so still not sure how it would work. People run power holo because it is vastly superior to the scrapper and no comparison with a zerg support scrapper.

> > ventari although with micro managing the tablet has the greatest heal output but less condi cleanse and mediocre boons output

> ventari condi cleanse isn't top but its good

Yeah it's not terrible, and if you're running Mallyx as a secondary legend the group resistance is pretty decent, especially at 600 radius. I feel like it would go a long way to lower the cooldown on Purifying Essence to 3 seconds . With all the modifiers the heals it puts out when cleansing 3 conditions is oftentimes enough to top people off.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > @"messiah.1908" said:

> > > > while scrapper also work with solo group . just follow and heal.

> > > The zerg scrapper is actually not all that good for small groups. You got lots of friendly healing sure but sacrifice everything for it and at the same time isnt all that good at sustaining yourself under pressure from decent roamers. A condi healer can do a metric buttload more damage while also having ok support heals, but other classes do condi better because the engie has to devote everything to it for effective damage which doesnt mesh with support at the same time.

> >

> > i meant running solo not with organized guild group. with small group scrapper isnt good as you said

> Well solo is even worse than small group so still not sure how it would work. People run power holo because it is vastly superior to the scrapper and no comparison with a zerg support scrapper.

wow you taking me all wrong. this thread is about support. when i say scrapper i mean support build. so holo is not relevant here.

when running solo support scrapper build with no organized group its much easier as you only spamm 1 and 2 and run in the direction of the group. so you dont have to anticipate the group movement like ventari must to. also new allies ppl sometime dodge when they see my tablet which is funny

> @"messiah.1908" said:

> > > @"messiah.1908" said:

> > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > @"messiah.1908" said:

> > > > > while scrapper also work with solo group . just follow and heal.

> > > > The zerg scrapper is actually not all that good for small groups. You got lots of friendly healing sure but sacrifice everything for it and at the same time isnt all that good at sustaining yourself under pressure from decent roamers. A condi healer can do a metric buttload more damage while also having ok support heals, but other classes do condi better because the engie has to devote everything to it for effective damage which doesnt mesh with support at the same time.

> > >

> > > i meant running solo not with organized guild group. with small group scrapper isnt good as you said

> > Well solo is even worse than small group so still not sure how it would work. People run power holo because it is vastly superior to the scrapper and no comparison with a zerg support scrapper.

> wow you taking me all wrong. this thread is about support. when i say scrapper i mean support build. so holo is not relevant here.

> when running solo support scrapper build with no organized group its much easier as you only spamm 1 and 2 and run in the direction of the group. so you dont have to anticipate the group movement like ventari must to. also new allies ppl sometime dodge when they see my tablet which is funny

But if you are with a group you arent solo lol. That its organized or not doesnt matter. Neither 1 or 2 heal you.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > @"messiah.1908" said:

> > > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > > @"messiah.1908" said:

> > > > > > while scrapper also work with solo group . just follow and heal.

> > > > > The zerg scrapper is actually not all that good for small groups. You got lots of friendly healing sure but sacrifice everything for it and at the same time isnt all that good at sustaining yourself under pressure from decent roamers. A condi healer can do a metric buttload more damage while also having ok support heals, but other classes do condi better because the engie has to devote everything to it for effective damage which doesnt mesh with support at the same time.

> > > >

> > > > i meant running solo not with organized guild group. with small group scrapper isnt good as you said

> > > Well solo is even worse than small group so still not sure how it would work. People run power holo because it is vastly superior to the scrapper and no comparison with a zerg support scrapper.

> > wow you taking me all wrong. this thread is about support. when i say scrapper i mean support build. so holo is not relevant here.

> > when running solo support scrapper build with no organized group its much easier as you only spamm 1 and 2 and run in the direction of the group. so you dont have to anticipate the group movement like ventari must to. also new allies ppl sometime dodge when they see my tablet which is funny

>

> But if you are with a group you arent solo lol. That its organized or not doesnt matter. Neither 1 or 2 heal you.

pug groups and orgenaize group are not the same. you use the same skills but to movemet and when the burst is coming and which direction is very important to a healer. so with pugs you only move with the flow...

this is why with pugs i get less healing per sec while with a good group i get more.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > To bad the Tablet is so clunky to use.

>

> And even if its clunky its still fantasy numbers thats never seen in practice. I'd like to see the person that just stands there constantly healing 10k every second - I dont even see players getting that healing on them when supported by a 50 man zerg, let alone 1 herald. It would also make such players immortal 1v1, considering how warriors are with a mere 2k hps.

you dont need to heal 1 person 10k per second. if so this person should be off wvw.

to heal for 10k is doable and than the player have time to regen himself dodge out of the aoe dmg.

check my vid

you will see at 11:05 a scourge basically standing while i heal him twice to full health with above 11k healing and he just stand and spamm 1.

also you can watch the whole video moments i heal the group with 9k 3-5 players etc...

its for the push and for the burst. sustain healing is about 1.5-2k healing per second for 1 player.

as you said able to heal each player each sec for 10k is god mode.

> @"messiah.1908" said:

> >

> > And even if its clunky its still fantasy numbers thats never seen in practice. I'd like to see the person that just stands there constantly healing 10k every second - I dont even see players getting that healing on them when supported by a 50 man zerg, let alone 1 herald. It would also make such players immortal 1v1, considering how warriors are with a mere 2k hps.

>

> you dont need to heal 1 person 10k per second. if so this person should be off wvw.

> to heal for 10k is doable and than the player have time to regen himself dodge out of the aoe dmg.

>

> check my vid

> you will see at 11:05 a scourge basically standing while i heal him twice to full health with above 11k healing and he just stand and spamm 1.

> also you can watch the whole video moments i heal the group with 9k 3-5 players etc...

> its for the push and for the burst. sustain healing is about 1.5-2k healing per second for 1 player.

> as you said able to heal each player each sec for 10k is god mode.

>

>

You should legend swap more often, you rarely make use of elevated compassion and the regen. Open "Personal skills" in arcdps and you will notice that EC + regen make up for more than 50% of your total healing. Use the tablet only when your alles actually need it because I see a lot of overhealing in the video.

Anyway, as much as I like to play support revenant, I find that scrapper is a lot more practical in the current zerg/blob meta for reasons already mentioned in the thread.

> @"messiah.1908" said:

> >

>

> you dont need to heal 1 person 10k per second. if so this person should be off wvw.

> to heal for 10k is doable and than the player have time to regen himself dodge out of the aoe dmg.

>

> check my vid

> you will see at 11:05 a scourge basically standing while i heal him twice to full health with above 11k healing and he just stand and spamm 1.

> also you can watch the whole video moments i heal the group with 9k 3-5 players etc...

> its for the push and for the burst. sustain healing is about 1.5-2k healing per second for 1 player.

> as you said able to heal each player each sec for 10k is god mode.

>

>

Well that heal at 11:05 is a *bit* ironic since he still dies.

It is big numbers true. Wont argue that. 10k heal in an instant is great. But a scrapper could still just run with that necro and constantly heal singletarget 1.5k hps (min) just spamming 1 and nothing else, ignoring any regen or medical dispersion field effects. Well, while also getting another 6k hps spamming the same 1 if there are 4 others nearby. Over time it's pretty much the same thing.

Also looked like that necro got pounded by ranged attacks since there is no one nearby. Like 5 scrappers in your zerg could maintain defense field for perma missile blocking (and bonus AoE stability for half the zerg).

TL;DR that necro should never have died or even been at any risk of dying ;)

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > > To bad the Tablet is so clunky to use.

> > >

> > > And even if its clunky its still fantasy numbers thats never seen in practice. I'd like to see the person that just stands there constantly healing 10k every second - I dont even see players getting that healing on them when supported by a 50 man zerg, let alone 1 herald. It would also make such players immortal 1v1, considering how warriors are with a mere 2k hps.

> >

> > you dont need to heal 1 person 10k per second. if so this person should be off wvw.

> > to heal for 10k is doable and than the player have time to regen himself dodge out of the aoe dmg.

> >

> > check my vid

> > you will see at 11:05 a scourge basically standing while i heal him twice to full health with above 11k healing and he just stand and spamm 1.

> > also you can watch the whole video moments i heal the group with 9k 3-5 players etc...

> > its for the push and for the burst. sustain healing is about 1.5-2k healing per second for 1 player.

> > as you said able to heal each player each sec for 10k is god mode.

> >

> >

> Well that heal at 11:05 is a *bit* ironic since he still dies.

>

> It is big numbers true. Wont argue that. 10k heal in an instant is great. But a scrapper could still just run with that necro and constantly heal singletarget 1.5k hps (min) just spamming 1 and nothing else, ignoring any regen or medical dispersion field effects. Well, while also getting another 6k hps spamming the same 1 if there are 4 others nearby. Over time it's pretty much the same thing.

>

> Also looked like that necro got pounded by ranged attacks since there is no one nearby. Like 5 scrappers in your zerg could maintain defense field for perma missile blocking (and bonus AoE stability for half the zerg).

>

> TL;DR that necro should never have died or even been at any risk of dying ;)

the warrior kill him

i dont try to argue scrapper less better. but scrapper would have to leave the party to go melee with necro in order to heal him also make him vulnerable to taking hits. and it would take him couple of second to fully heal that necro or waist 3 skills to do so (longer cd). also ventari has block projectile. i didnt use it as i see the necro fine with full hp around our allies while he didnt dodge, evade, and just standing.

i also like to play the scrapper abd its more sustain healing than burst healing when my squad doing the push

> @"Kraljevo.2801" said:

> > > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > > To bad the Tablet is so clunky to use.

> > >

> > > And even if its clunky its still fantasy numbers thats never seen in practice. I'd like to see the person that just stands there constantly healing 10k every second - I dont even see players getting that healing on them when supported by a 50 man zerg, let alone 1 herald. It would also make such players immortal 1v1, considering how warriors are with a mere 2k hps.

> >

> > you dont need to heal 1 person 10k per second. if so this person should be off wvw.

> > to heal for 10k is doable and than the player have time to regen himself dodge out of the aoe dmg.

> >

> > check my vid

> > you will see at 11:05 a scourge basically standing while i heal him twice to full health with above 11k healing and he just stand and spamm 1.

> > also you can watch the whole video moments i heal the group with 9k 3-5 players etc...

> > its for the push and for the burst. sustain healing is about 1.5-2k healing per second for 1 player.

> > as you said able to heal each player each sec for 10k is god mode.

> >

> >

>

> You should legend swap more often, you rarely make use of elevated compassion and the regen. Open "Personal skills" in arcdps and you will notice that EC + regen make up for more than 50% of your total healing. Use the tablet only when your alles actually need it because I see a lot of overhealing in the video.

>

> Anyway, as much as I like to play support revenant, I find that scrapper is a lot more practical in the current zerg/blob meta for reasons already mentioned in the thread.

thanks for the feedback

EC also proc when i use ventari with regen around it. i use herald before the push to buff with boons and than switch to ventari to heal the melee.

sometime i switch EC to DE for more regen to 10 allies so bit more sustain over time for more allies.

The simple answer is: Any class if you skill it right, except Thief, which as like zero healing viability. All classes bring mid-tier healing on their utility skills if traited, a few like CA Druid, Tome Firebrand, Ventari Herald and Water Tempest can do more if you just camp one skillset.

If you're looking for a dedicated front-line healer , you won't find one, because staying in healing mode makes you weak to enemy pressure. This is why people usually take the Firebrand, because they can do alot of other things while under pressure, besides just healing from a single set, which makes them more or less the ideal class to be both full support and not also a push-around pincushion.

This game just doesn't work that way. its all about hybridizing, and always has been. The weakness of "soft trinity".

Most games are built around healers being the most powerful classes for a reason; because they are the focus of all enemy fire, and need to keep healing even while they have an entire zerg trying to destroy them; something ArenaNet doesn't seem to care about.

> @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> The simple answer is: Any class if you skill it right, except Thief, which as like zero healing viability. All classes bring mid-tier healing on their utility skills if traited, a few like CA Druid, Tome Firebrand, Ventari Herald and Water Tempest can do more if you just camp one skillset.

>

> If you're looking for a dedicated front-line healer , you won't find one, because staying in healing mode makes you weak to enemy pressure. This is why people usually take the Firebrand, because they can do alot of other things while under pressure, besides just healing from a single set, which makes them more or less the ideal class to be both full support and not also a push-around pincushion.

>

> This game just doesn't work that way. its all about hybridizing, and always has been. The weakness of "soft trinity".

>

> Most games are built around healers being the most powerful classes for a reason; because they are the focus of all enemy fire, and need to keep healing even while they have an entire zerg trying to destroy them; something ArenaNet doesn't seem to care about.

dont know if you check what support class use.. they dont have any hybrid. they full toughness, healing, vitality. which mean full heal.

FB brings boon support, condi cleanse and blocks. the heal is good but subpar to other like scrapper and rev.

scrapper brings sustain healing, condi cleanse (which turn to boons)

rev bring healing burst and sustain healing good condi cleanse and cc and boons if use herald

scrapper is full healing mode with the melee and good at it. the FB taken for the stability and block and protection is gives