I want more challenge in this game

Ayakaru.6583

> @"Shikaru.7618" said:

> Id be interested in another layer to the challenge. I want more rewards that are skillgated or current expensive rewards that have skillgate alternatives. Eg. Mystic tribute or 77 clovers for x number of LI or boss kp.

I like thd idea for 77 clovers for xx Li.. I stopped playing raids for few months .. was taking a break from it after I got all ap done.... w5 dhuum cm was a pain.. I don't wish to see another future cm like that.. had fun with all other cms

If they make a good exchange of li to expensive material for leg weapon crafting it will make vet raider come back to do raids clear.. I wish they alter the way raid is being rewarded so the community doesn't feel the pressure or drive to do FC weekly.. I tried to do w5 & double reward wing once a week now if I can .. this way I can enjoy the game more.

* Puglife

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"Tails.9372" said:

> > Well they can use machine learning to create bots which behave like human players, immagine going in a room full of mesmers and they all fight like their top ranked human counterparts. Or going to queensdale and all the bandits start behaving like your average thief in WvW, that's the experience PvE is currently missing.

>

> Then the bots would complain about a lack of challenge

Fantastic, and I want this!

---

To respond to the actual thread:

* I want more challenging content

* I also want some more difficult content as well (separate)

* Story missions are probably not the right place for that...

* I don't want to be forced to do group (5-10man) content to get difficulty/challenge

* Honestly the only challenging/difficult content we have in this game is PVP/WVW because we fight other players, not something ANet made ;)

I've suggested before, that several maps all over the game could benefit from small additions of more challenging encounters (that can be entirely skippable or zergable for those that dislike them). Adding small patrols of 4-6 npc's like bandits, centaurs, svanir "Veterans" using the ai's from the test dummies in PVP map would be fun to fight against as small group. And if you don't want the challenge just wait for them to walk past and get poi/vista behind them, or gather up 10+ players and zerg them.

---

> @"Scud.5067" said:

> Difficulty Select:

>

>

> I'm Too Young To Die - Mobs have 25% less health

> Hurt Me Plenty - Normal mode

> Ultra Violence - Mobs have 25% more health and do 20% more damage

> Nightmare - Mobs have 50% more health, do 25% more damage and each instance has its own time limit.

> Ultra Nightmare - As Nightmare, but if you die, it resets the story to the beginning of the chain.

Love the DooM references, but my oldschool DooM OCD demands me to correct you!

* I'm too young to die

* Hey, not too rough

* Hurt me plenty

* Ultra-Violence

* Nightmare!

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > They should just make some aspect of the game very difficult that relies solely on solo player skills, and lock some really good exclusive rewards behind it. That way, everyone is happy. If its too hard for some people, then i just say quote what everyone on the forums says to people who want any aspect of the game changed at all - "perhaps this game/game mode isn't for you."

>

> That doesn't make everyone happy. That locks people out of rewards that they might want because of skill. That's exactly what this game ISN'T about.

The game isnt about skill? Lol that's what it should be about if it isnt.

> @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> How fun, just yesterday I read a topic named "Stop making story bosses hard!".

> Now I feel sad for anet...they can't make everybody happy since these are two completely opposite opinions....

>

Have at least 3 difficulty modes (easy (current difficulty), normal and hardcore)

As long as Anets mantra is one difficulty for everyone they cannot win indeed.

I think there are tons of challenges in game. Though there is no achievement/reward for them, so ppl most likely don't care. Actually, I expected precursor crafting to use the endless ideas players had to challenge themselves. Well, maybe we see it with the next legendary jewellry. I think it would be great fun to give ppl more reasons to try those challenges- they don't need to be ridiculous difficult. Even small ones like: do JP/travel through map without getting hit by a single foe or enviromental effect; solo AC up to Kohler and defeat him; manage to get unseen through CM; ...

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > How fun, just yesterday I read a topic named "Stop making story bosses hard!".

> > Now I feel sad for anet...they can't make everybody happy since these are two completely opposite opinions....

> >

> Have at least 3 difficulty modes (easy (current difficulty), normal and hardcore)

>

> As long as Anets mantra is one difficulty for everyone they cannot win indeed.

>

The last two Living World updates arrived "late" according to many posters on the forums. That was with one difficulty mode for story.

Also, as there are more calls (by my reckoning, anyway) for easier than for harder, why would the current level of "difficulty" be the easy mode?

> @"IndigoSundown.5419" said:

> > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > > How fun, just yesterday I read a topic named "Stop making story bosses hard!".

> > > Now I feel sad for anet...they can't make everybody happy since these are two completely opposite opinions....

> > >

> > Have at least 3 difficulty modes (easy (current difficulty), normal and hardcore)

> >

> > As long as Anets mantra is one difficulty for everyone they cannot win indeed.

> >

>

> The last two Living World updates arrived "late" according to many posters on the forums. That was with one difficulty mode for story.

>

> Also, as there are more calls (by my reckoning, anyway) for easier than for harder, why would the current level of "difficulty" be the easy mode?

Source of your statistics?

Coz I can give you source about more people prefer harder content.

Let me know!

> @"IndigoSundown.5419" said:

> > > How fun, just yesterday I read a topic named "Stop making story bosses hard!".

> > > Now I feel sad for anet...they can't make everybody happy since these are two completely opposite opinions....

> > >

> > Have at least 3 difficulty modes (easy (current difficulty), normal and hardcore)

> >

> > As long as Anets mantra is one difficulty for everyone they cannot win indeed.

> >

>

> The last two Living World updates arrived "late" according to many posters on the forums. That was with one difficulty mode for story.

>

> Also, as there are more calls (by my reckoning, anyway) for easier than for harder, why would the current level of "difficulty" be the easy mode?

Since it is impossible to fail them they are baby mode at best. Normal mode would be if you die the instance would have to be restarted (+ some other tweaks to mob difficulty). Hardcore mode would be if you or an important NPC dies you have to restart (+some additional mob difficulty tweaks).

> > @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > How fun, just yesterday I read a topic named "Stop making story bosses hard!".

> > Now I feel sad for anet...they can't make everybody happy since these are two completely opposite opinions....

> >

> Have at least 3 difficulty modes (easy (current difficulty), normal and hardcore)

>

> As long as Anets mantra is one difficulty for everyone they cannot win indeed.

>

but with difficulty changes..people also want "suitable" rewards.....

They dont just want more difficulty..they want a reward that others can't get to make it "worth it".

> @"Taygus.4571" said:

> > >

> >

> >

>

> but with difficulty changes..people also want "suitable" rewards.....

> They dont just want more difficulty..they want a reward that others can't get to make it "worth it".

I am guessing some random achievements, titles, minis etc would be easy enough to make, probably a small fraction of the work to actually make the difficulty modes

> @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > @"IndigoSundown.5419" said:

> > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > > @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > > > How fun, just yesterday I read a topic named "Stop making story bosses hard!".

> > > > Now I feel sad for anet...they can't make everybody happy since these are two completely opposite opinions....

> > > >

> > > Have at least 3 difficulty modes (easy (current difficulty), normal and hardcore)

> > >

> > > As long as Anets mantra is one difficulty for everyone they cannot win indeed.

> > >

> >

> > The last two Living World updates arrived "late" according to many posters on the forums. That was with one difficulty mode for story.

> >

> > Also, as there are more calls (by my reckoning, anyway) for easier than for harder, why would the current level of "difficulty" be the easy mode?

>

> Source of your statistics?

> Coz I can give you source about more people prefer harder content.

> Let me know!

Simply count the number of responses(unique per thread) Then also go into every forum that is labeled "Nerf XXXX Story boss", "Nerf XXXX Fractal", "Nerf XXXX Raid Encounter" and count those unique responses as well(Im not saying you do it obviously, but when it comes to other kind of threads like dueling thats what i do.), while the forums are a small segment of the game obviously, you can get a decent feel for what a larger portion would represent, and ill say this, the number of people wanting nerfs will have far more unique responses than those asking for harder content.

On Topic However: I still say this game is just in the middle, Many many people struggle with content that is considered "easy" by some and more and more people arent finishing content, which personally i see as an issue.

> @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> The entire game should be hard, that way we could all get better. group content (ie relying on other team members to be good) isn't what id consider hard content since 90% of that is reliant on RNG of you getting into a competent group - yawn.

Anet has to make money. Making the entire game difficult would drive away customers. Why do you think there have been so many nerfs over the years?

> @"Dashingsteel.3410" said:

> > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > The entire game should be hard, that way we could all get better. group content (ie relying on other team members to be good) isn't what id consider hard content since 90% of that is reliant on RNG of you getting into a competent group - yawn.

>

> Anet has to make money. Making the entire game difficult would drive away customers. Why do you think there have been so many nerfs over the years?

maybe, for me personally whats driven me away is that there is no individual high level skill content. I can make more money flipping the TP then i ever could playing the game, and with that you can buy runs for group content. Pvp and wvw are like a slot machine, depending on who your team mates are, so that leaves pretty much nothing else.

> @"Frenzify.6832" said:

>I'm very much reminded of the Eater of Souls in PoF, and how people wouldn't think to just switch up their builds, or had no concept of the break bar

iirc, you _can't_ change your build or equipment for the Eater of Souls fight without starting the whole instance over again.

> @"joneirikb.7506" said:

> I've suggested before, that several maps all over the game could benefit from small additions of more challenging encounters (that can be entirely skippable or zergable for those that dislike them). Adding small patrols of 4-6 npc's like bandits, centaurs, svanir "Veterans" using the ai's from the test dummies in PVP map would be fun to fight against as small group. And if you don't want the challenge just wait for them to walk past and get poi/vista behind them, or gather up 10+ players and zerg them.

We _have_ that, actually: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Modus_Sceleris

> @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > > > How fun, just yesterday I read a topic named "Stop making story bosses hard!".

> > > > Now I feel sad for anet...they can't make everybody happy since these are two completely opposite opinions....

> > > >

> > > Have at least 3 difficulty modes (easy (current difficulty), normal and hardcore)

> > >

> > > As long as Anets mantra is one difficulty for everyone they cannot win indeed.

> > >

> >

> > The last two Living World updates arrived "late" according to many posters on the forums. That was with one difficulty mode for story.

> >

> > Also, as there are more calls (by my reckoning, anyway) for easier than for harder, why would the current level of "difficulty" be the easy mode?

>

> Source of your statistics?

> Coz I can give you source about more people prefer harder content.

> Let me know!

Do you know what, "By my reckoning" means?

If you yourself prefer and play harder content, what are the odds you hang with people who think as you do?

All I did was look at the various threads about story content. There have been more threads about it being too hard than there have been about it being too easy. In threads complaining it is too hard, those who oppose the OP usually say they like it how it is. My conclusion is that while there are people who want challenge playing story, they are not doing it as their primary source of harder PvE content. No statistics, just an observation.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe people who play fractals and raids have a burning desire for story to be as hard (solo) as the group content is for groups. Or, maybe hardcore players might like it if story were harder, but they don't care enough to make a case about it. If you asked your friends who prefer harder content, would they want harder story, or more frequent fractals and raids -- assuming they had to choose one or the other?

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

> Since it is impossible to fail them they are baby mode at best. Normal mode would be if you die the instance would have to be restarted (+ some other tweaks to mob difficulty). Hardcore mode would be if you or an important NPC dies you have to restart (+some additional mob difficulty tweaks).

What about the people who ask for nerfs to the current "difficulty?" The only reason I could see to add modes would be to have the content serve more people. Catering to one end of the spectrum and not the other ignores the fact that people at both ends are not enjoying the current approach.

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > @"Eekasqueak.7850" said:

> > Go play raids if you want challenge.

>

> I already am, but I got into this game for the story.

> I played GW1 and GW2 because it has an amazing world, with amazing villains. And if you played GW1 you will know what I

> mean when I say how dumbed down GW2 has become.

>

> At this point it has nothing to do with 'wanting challenge' anymore. But the most basic respect we're supposed to have for our villains.

> Instead, our characters are just gods who can even taunt the actual gods at this point.

stop with playing your face roll ranger and take a class that’s not easy. so you get a challenge.

i hate challenge outside raids or fractals. when i want challenge (never) i can go to them. i remember ls2 with mesmer it was a hell. luckily i had some repair things in my bags. if not then i never made it.

new challenge for you. make a char. lvl it to 80. without dying. gear up and do story. if you die. delete char and do all over again. so you have only 1 life. to hard?? don’t whine for challenge then.

story’s are already too long and hard enough to me. i can’t rush them. i did first or second part of ls4 p3 or something for beetle. i died as mesmer at the part south west of crystal desert. i mean sw of amnoon at the ship. very frustrating as melee class.

> > @"joneirikb.7506" said:

> > I've suggested before, that several maps all over the game could benefit from small additions of more challenging encounters (that can be entirely skippable or zergable for those that dislike them). Adding small patrols of 4-6 npc's like bandits, centaurs, svanir "Veterans" using the ai's from the test dummies in PVP map would be fun to fight against as small group. And if you don't want the challenge just wait for them to walk past and get poi/vista behind them, or gather up 10+ players and zerg them.

> We _have_ that, actually: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Modus_Sceleris

>

Wow, I've never seen those before! Would love to hunt them down, but they seem to be completely random :(

Also minor point, another reason I like the pvp test dummies are that they use player skills, I really wish more enemies did this, so we could learn about fighting against the other classes more in pve, it creates a very different dynamic in fights when you know they have the same build options you have, and will actually be nerfed/buffed with you :)