Season 5 hype train.

> @"ZeftheWicked.3076" said:

> > @"Hybarf Tics.2048" said:

> > Season 5 before the expansion is already scheduled no date yet.

>

> Proof? Some official a-net statement on the subject?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, now that it's confirmed, wow. I don't know what to make of this, since generally LS is LS and xpacs are xpacs. Another season means we'll be devoided of new elite specs for one or game-changing mechanics for a longer period of time.

But let's give it time and see. One plus to LS is that they use it to test new stuff before they launch it bigtime in xpac, prime example being silverwastes and Dry Top before HoT launch. Time will tell how it goes.

A new map at each episode should be maintained, majority of people appreciate it this way and it works fine...I'd like under water content for Season 5, i think season 5 will lead us to the "Abyssal" Elder dragon. Even if, the next expansion is a little farther than we expected, the devs will surpised us at each episode with new content.

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> Hype train? Why would I setup myself for more disappointments?

>

> Also I think it is bad news that there is no expansion after Season 4. Either they want to sell us each episode as DLC in future or they are slowly putting this game into maintenance mode and work on a new game. If you look at NCsofts quarterly reports you can see that Anet needs to release expansions to make big money, without expansions they make much less money on average.

Or PoF wasn't even that long ago and we need a proper bridge from Joko into the next expansion

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > Hype train? Why would I setup myself for more disappointments?

> >

> > Also I think it is bad news that there is no expansion after Season 4. Either they want to sell us each episode as DLC in future or they are slowly putting this game into maintenance mode and work on a new game. If you look at NCsofts quarterly reports you can see that Anet needs to release expansions to make big money, without expansions they make much less money on average.

>

> Or PoF wasn't even that long ago and we need a proper bridge from Joko into the next expansion

It has been a year and season 4 has not ended yet. If there Season 4 has 5 episodes and season 5 6 episodes it will probably be 2020 or so until a new expansion will be released. But they said they are not holding back expansion stuff and put it into LS episodes. So what selling points could a new expansion have at all?

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > Hype train? Why would I setup myself for more disappointments?

> > >

> > > Also I think it is bad news that there is no expansion after Season 4. Either they want to sell us each episode as DLC in future or they are slowly putting this game into maintenance mode and work on a new game. If you look at NCsofts quarterly reports you can see that Anet needs to release expansions to make big money, without expansions they make much less money on average.

> >

> > Or PoF wasn't even that long ago and we need a proper bridge from Joko into the next expansion

>

> It has been a year and season 4 has not ended yet. If there Season 4 has 5 episodes and season 5 6 episodes it will probably be 2020 or so until a new expansion will be released. But they said they are not holding back expansion stuff and put it into LS episodes. So what selling points could a new expansion have at all?

how would I know?

and how would you know?

lets just wait an see, shall we.

And in between the waits, you can play some other games

I'm just saying there's no point in stressing over this.

In the end, an entire LS is about an expansion of content.

are you in a hurry?

there are movies announced for 2020 and 2021, are you suggesting they should hurry up as well?

> @"Cronospere.8143" said:

> Tell me why do people think its bad to lock stuff behind stories. Its not that difficult to log in unlock the episode and be done with it. Better to create content which will be playable for years instead of useless after 1 episode. And if you just started playing. Well then you dont mind this content yet until you are finished with the core game. By the time you finish the core game i think its worth it to spend some money on the game.

> I dont mind they go from s4 into s5. Whatever it will bring, im sure the devs have a reason for it. And besides.. its free.

story IS useless after 1 episode. play it once and NEVER COME BACK EVER AGAIN. what choo talking about willis?

Story instances and story cheives are the worst! Least favorite thing about this game.

> @"Pimpology.6234" said:

> story IS useless after 1 episode. play it once and NEVER COME BACK EVER AGAIN. what choo talking about willis?

> Story instances and story cheives are the worst! Least favorite thing about this game.

A bunch of people including me, love the story instance, it gives another perspective to the game, the map and develops the lore of GW2.

> @"Pimpology.6234" said:

> > @"Cronospere.8143" said:

> > Tell me why do people think its bad to lock stuff behind stories. Its not that difficult to log in unlock the episode and be done with it. Better to create content which will be playable for years instead of useless after 1 episode. And if you just started playing. Well then you dont mind this content yet until you are finished with the core game. By the time you finish the core game i think its worth it to spend some money on the game.

> > I dont mind they go from s4 into s5. Whatever it will bring, im sure the devs have a reason for it. And besides.. its free.

>

> story IS useless after 1 episode. play it once and NEVER COME BACK EVER AGAIN. what choo talking about willis?

> Story instances and story cheives are the worst! Least favorite thing about this game.

Why wouldnt you want to replay the story again?

Hell i wish i could replay the base story sometimes o-o