Introduce a brand new weapon class

Since this game is what like 6 years old now. I am really looking forward to the next expansion of guild wars 2 whenever that may be in the near future.

I am thinking since legendary weapons are basically completed, why not add a new class of weapons and armor.

I am talking about the Mythic Class. Completely different from legendary class. Not above them just they are surrounded by mystery and acquiring them would make you go on a different journey compared to when crafting a legendary. (Only difference being the journey is different per RACE). Not by much just enough that if you were to repeat it on another race it would not seem the same but tie into other races.

What i am trying to say that each race has a set of weapons surrounded in mystery that date back to the foundation of guild wars.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lore

This idea can be great as the mythic weapons can introduce to us new lore which are considered as secrets or brand new information on each race which we can uncover while we ride through the mystic journey and can help introduce "Mini Expansions" which can tie into the main story line (Living World).

Please tell me what you think. Is it dumb or we just keep adding more legendary?

Interesting idea, new weapons could be done. But, we are about 2 years and change from the next expansion at the earliest. Anet said we have the second half of season 4 to do (9 months), plus all of season 5 is right after (18 months). So, it will be a long time before expac content arrives. They have said that they don't need to do expansion to release new things (like the rollerbeetle), so who knows.

remember legendary collections? remember how they discontinued it because it was to much work? you really think they should introduce a new weapon class just so they can bring back legendary collections but also make them even more work than they were before?

yeah, no, this is pretty dumb

> @"Ephemiel.5694" said:

> They don't want to add above ground SPEARS even when we've been asking for it since before HoT, do you really think they'll do this?

> @"Zaoda.1653" said:

> I'd like to see Scythes (would work for necro's especially - and possibly ele's and revenants?).

The OP is not talking about new TYPES of weapons. He's proposing a new way to acquire special "historical" or "mythical" weapon SKINS.

In this case, he's proposing a QUEST for historical weapons that gives you historical background on your race in the process. An interesting thought, but not every weapon set appeals to every player. It would be a lot of work for them to set this up, and a bust if people didn't pursue the quest because the end reward was generally viewed as ugly. (I'm looking at YOU, Caladbolg...)

> @"Hamfast.8719" said:

> > @"Ephemiel.5694" said:

> > They don't want to add above ground SPEARS even when we've been asking for it since before HoT, do you really think they'll do this?

>

> > @"Zaoda.1653" said:

> > I'd like to see Scythes (would work for necro's especially - and possibly ele's and revenants?).

>

> The OP is not talking about new TYPES of weapons. He's proposing a new way to acquire special "historical" or "mythical" weapon SKINS.

>

> In this case, he's proposing a QUEST for historical weapons that gives you historical background on your race in the process. An interesting thought, but not every weapon set appeals to every player. It would be a lot of work for them to set this up, and a bust if people didn't pursue the quest because the end reward was generally viewed as ugly. (I'm looking at YOU, Caladbolg...)

Another issue is that some of the weapons that would fall under this category are already in game. The Kan Urs Dagger for example.

> @"Vavume.8065" said:

> Just add dye slots to legendary weapons and call it a day.

easier said then done there is afew reasons we dont have dye slots on weapons and backpack mate, two ican think up pretty quick is 1 they can sell us recolours and 2 it wasent designed for that from the get go.

> @"Hamfast.8719" said:

> > @"Ephemiel.5694" said:

> > They don't want to add above ground SPEARS even when we've been asking for it since before HoT, do you really think they'll do this?

>

> > @"Zaoda.1653" said:

> > I'd like to see Scythes (would work for necro's especially - and possibly ele's and revenants?).

>

> The OP is not talking about new TYPES of weapons. He's proposing a new way to acquire special "historical" or "mythical" weapon SKINS.

>

> In this case, he's proposing a QUEST for historical weapons that gives you historical background on your race in the process. An interesting thought, but not every weapon set appeals to every player. It would be a lot of work for them to set this up, and a bust if people didn't pursue the quest because the end reward was generally viewed as ugly. (I'm looking at YOU, Caladbolg...)

Then play WoW Legion and get Artifact weapons. We don't really have those sort of weapons in GW2 and, if we did, they'd just be Legendaries. It took till the player-created weapons to even GET a mini questline to get something, they won't do that for "mythical" skins.

Also, Spear isn't a new "type" when it already exists underwater in GW2 and has existed since GW1.

I just wonder what you think the mythic weapons will offer? sounds like a cool idea to revisit some ancient established tyria in pursuit of some cool new weapons skins, but what functionally seaprates them? a legendary weapon gives the highest stats that can be prefix swapped at any time outside of combat. what do you propose to top that?

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> There is enough weapon variety now that when they introduce new elite specs, those weapons can be used for such things. Staff as a melee weapon is the prime example. Warrior using staff as a throwing spear seems like it would be a fun concept if there ever is a water expansion.

throwing scythes.

I like the overall idea, and I generally like the principle that rewards should be directly related to the content you have to do to obtain them. However:

(a) How is this different from what we've had already with the Caladbolg quest and the design a weapon contest winners? The quest for at least one of those (Eclipse) even has different dialogue depending on your race.

(b) Why would this require a new tier of gear? This game has six more tiers of gear than it needs already...

> @"DeceiveUnMe.7358" said:

> I am talking about the Mythic Class. Completely different from legendary class. Not above them just they are surrounded by mystery and acquiring them would make you go on a different journey compared to when crafting a legendary. (Only difference being the journey is different per RACE). Not by much just enough that if you were to repeat it on another race it would not seem the same but tie into other races.

> What i am trying to say that each race has a set of weapons surrounded in mystery that date back to the foundation of guild wars.

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lore

>

> This idea can be great as the mythic weapons can introduce to us new lore which are considered as secrets or brand new information on each race which we can uncover while we ride through the mystic journey and can help introduce "Mini Expansions" which can tie into the main story line (Living World).

>

> Please tell me what you think. Is it dumb or we just keep adding more legendary?

So it would have the same stats as Legendaries, and I assume still provide free stat swapping? If so, then you're just suggesting a different means of acquiring Legendaries, not a new class of gear. But since Gen2 Legendaries went from Collections quests with built in stories, to straight up material dumps, because the amount of design needed for them turned out to be too time consuming, I wouldn't expect ANet to go this route.