Silly Suggestion: Transmute Trinkets

Kaynide.5387

My main character is a simple man..Charr..whatever. He loves his food and drink. He's tired of toting around Althea's ashes. And that bright red ring of death. He would love to tansmute those ashes into his favorite Cooking Spoon. Or maybe his prized Golden spoon. Or that tankard he's having trouble letting go of....

At the very least it'll save him from my daughter who constantly steals his accessories because "they're cool". (Shared account, fun!...but she needs to get her own gear dagnabbit!) He'd be butt naked if the armor wasn't soul bound.

Help a Charr-daddy out :(

> @"Kaynide.5387" said:

> My main character is a simple man..Charr..whatever. He loves his food and drink. He's tired of toting around Althea's ashes. And that bright red ring of death. He would love to tansmute those ashes into his favorite Cooking Spoon. Or maybe his prized Golden spoon. Or that tankard he's having trouble letting go of....

I'd love being able to transmute my trinkets, even though I'd be the only one able to enjoy the skin icons.

I'd really like this, if only because it would make it possible for my level 80 characters to keep wearing the Hero's Band. They all still have it, but it just sits in their inventories. I know a lot of people would also like to be able to resin Aurora so they can have the stat swapping without the glow effect.

> @"kurfu.5623" said:

> "Shared account, fun!"

>

> I don't know if they make exceptions for your children, but account sharing is usually a bannable offense.

I don't have an official source for this (and I'm unlikely to get one) but the impression I've gotten is that account sharing is not allowed but you're unlikely to get banned for it on it's own. It just means Anet don't have to deal with the problems it can cause. If the OPs daughter goes and spends all his gold on skins for her character he can't get Support to refund the gold because it was spent by the account it belongs to. Or if someone gets banned they can't insist it was actually 'a friend' who yelled abuse at everyone in map chat and they shouldn't be banned.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> I'd really like this, if only because it would make it possible for my level 80 characters to keep wearing the Hero's Band. They all still have it, but it just sits in their inventories. I know a lot of people would also like to be able to resin Aurora so they can have the stat swapping without the glow effect.

>

> > @"kurfu.5623" said:

> > "Shared account, fun!"

> >

> > I don't know if they make exceptions for your children, but account sharing is usually a bannable offense.

>

> I don't have an official source for this (and I'm unlikely to get one) but the impression I've gotten is that account sharing is not allowed but you're unlikely to get banned for it on it's own. It just means Anet don't have to deal with the problems it can cause. If the OPs daughter goes and spends all his gold on skins for her character he can't get Support to refund the gold because it was spent by the account it belongs to. Or if someone gets banned they can't insist it was actually 'a friend' who yelled abuse at everyone in map chat and they shouldn't be banned.

They can ban the account if the sharing of it results in things being humanely impossible done with this account (like rotating between 3 players farming on the same account in shifts resulting in 24/7 farming), or things like that.

As much as I would love to be able to tranmute the apearence of trinkets (aka having them added to the wardrobe system) this is at best unlikely to happen. I do not exactly recall where, but I think it was on one of the forum AMAs where one of the DEVs mentioned it would be (at least currently) impossible to add trinkets to the wardrobe. The problem was named to be that the wardrobe does not track skins but rather the "art object" in the game, trinkets do not have such an "art object" (they do not have an ingame model) and thus aren't compatible with the wardrobe. Though they it seems they are looking into a way for people to get the visual effects of legendary trinkets for Alts without needing to pass on the actual legendary.

Yeah, I'd like that. I get attached to some cool trinkets but I have to change them for random ones because of the stats. It sucks.

And no account sharing between family members? Com'on, guys. With all the grinding to get the achievements, we could be fourteen members with each an alt and still wouldn't manage to get half things done! Only problem is that you can't play together.

> @"kurfu.5623" said:

> "Shared account, fun!"

>

> I don't know if they make exceptions for your children, but account sharing is usually a bannable offense.

I really don't think they are going to ban me for letting my 6 year old daughter piddle around on a level 80 toon who likes shuffling around items because whatever looks prettier, but ty for the heads up!

As a lover of trinkets I wish we would have a system a bit like the living world tomes that you have a 'main' say ring but you unlock stats as you get them, so it would have a drop down menu with each available stat. Not a leggie per say, you would still need to farm, but it would save me alot of space.