Mirage Theorycraft Thread

Abelisk.4527

> @Amadeus.5687 said:

> Elusive Mind should cover most of your need for stun breaks, but that ofcause comes with a trade if offensive power if you play condi, since you can't bring Dune Cloak.

>

Yeah I know about that already, I’m just so conflicted :anguished: but i’ll Just grab what is comfortable and for what the situation calls for. I know in WvW i’d take Elusive Mind and then in PvE i’d take Dune Cloak. (Really wish IH was baseline, still pretty pissed about that) 3

The weird thing is I'm not sure how useful Elusive Mind will be in reality in wvw or pvp.

I mean you can still dodge when cced and we have a lot of access to instant cast ports now together with our usual stunbreaks (eg, Jaunt, Illusionary Ambush, Phase Retreat, Blink, Decoy, SoM, Mirror Images, etc) such that you can either evade or get out of danger if cced. I suppose it depends how important it is for the player's build and playstyle.

And the one condition per dodge - doesn't allow you to clear an incoming condi burst in the same way that Restorative Illusions under Alacrity with F5 piano shatter does, especially if when you're condi burst you're likely to be low on endurance anyway. It's more like supplementary condi removal which will still require running something like Mantra of Resolve to deal with being condi burst.

• 2 weeks later...

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAncWnELDlphFMD2qBMMjlejyP8L/1H9G6oZzMAugMC-jJxHAB7s/AAPBg6LDo8pAAA

I've been toying around with this passive clone build. I don't think it would ever be viable at any high level PvP, mainly because clones still take so much AoE damage and IH still isn't baseline. Some skills and traits can of course be swapped around, and torch can be taken over sword. Though sword helps with clone generation and gives a little more defense.

> @FaboBabo.3581 said:

> > @Esplen.3940 said:

> > So... Condi Mesmer with Mirage instead of Chaos against open world PvE mobs? Good for you, I guess?

>

> good for several other players too. The majority of ppl aren't t4/raid - speedrunners.

That has little to do with what I said, nor does it mean anything.

Ok trying out something:

pvp - http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAnfWnsnBlphtpBOqBMMjlXDDNA0ceO+9vBYC0cFMDqJA-jJxHABKfKAOb/BAeCA1XGAA

wvw (just theory for now - just need to make some cele armour minus headgear to complete this) - http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhQQNAnfWnsnBlphtpBOqBMMjlXDzcFMDqJ+9vBYCENA0ceOA-j1xHABupvZOlgKfKFA4JFskyvEV/5s9HeHcAcVra1VZ1VXd1ru6qru6qGwqru6qru6qru6qSBUluK-w

Bit weird going all cele and I would rather use aristocracy runes for might stacking, but traveler is too useful and the 15% boon duration isn't bad.

Same with cleansing sigils over might generating sigils - the condi removal is more valuable tbh.

I've been having fun with interrupts. Sword Ambush is a really great tool for an interrupt build, for about 3 reasons

1. You can fish with it against distracted opponents in a teamfight.

2. It chews through stability and aegis when you have IH. Particularly with the former, you can chew through layers of stability faster than a lot of classes can generate them.

3. It only has .25 second duration, but you only need it to land once for confounding suggestions to turn that into a 1.25 second duration.

[The Build](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAscRnknB1ohlpB2qBMMjlTDjMAsACKlZgmT4wfBGBvgA-jZxHQBXrMwAPBA7Y/B/dIAAwTAAA)

You can reasonably swap for any of the GM traits in Dueling I think. Ineptitude is a lot of fun for a condition burst build. For domination Power Block and Mental Anguish are both great traits to choose.

> @LiesAndErr.2085 said:

> Are there any good builds for a Power Mirage? I come from an era, long ago, when shatters and Phantasm damage were the mesmer's primary form of dps, so all my current gear is Berserker. I'm (very) slowly moving towards ascended armor but that will take a while.

For PvE? Not really because you can't dodge if you play Power Mirage (or you can but it gives you a troublesome rotation).