All hail Xuiquatl

mortrialus.3062

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> Like with the recent legendary focus, I **love** the gimmick (the focus had the floating book, this has this cute little serpent), but I **hate** the actual item (the focus had that monstrous claw, this has another oversized bludgeoner for a "scepter"). :/

I'm just happy to have a legendary scepter that looks like a powerful magical artifact and doesn't look like a bad kids toy from the 90s.

Interested in hearing about the lore on this one. Would be interesting if it's the predecessor to Krait. Like Krait once had wings and looked like this but became corrupted or fell from grace or something and now they're ocean dwelling evil snake-man creatures.

With the original theme of the canceled guild wars 1 expansion Utopia being rumored to be an Aztec-theme it's neat we are getting this. Perhaps this also ties into another branch of Tengu or the origin of all Tengu. Maybe even where humans first arrived to Tyria.

MAYBE even ties in to learning more about Joko's origins. It's funny, but I never realized how similar Joko and scourges are to Ah Puch from Mayan mythology in Smite. (He's basically a death god that has the same abilities as scourge in Guild Wars 2.)

> @"PlagueParade.7942" said:

> What I'm REAAAALLLY hoping for is that when you use the scepter........................ The dragon is the one that fires the shot. LIke IT shoots fireballs. That the attacks do not come from the scepter but from the dragon from which the scepter controls!

that'd be dope but unlikely

> @"derd.6413" said:

> > @"PlagueParade.7942" said:

> > What I'm REAAAALLLY hoping for is that when you use the scepter........................ The dragon is the one that fires the shot. LIke IT shoots fireballs. That the attacks do not come from the scepter but from the dragon from which the scepter controls!

>

> that'd be dope but unlikely

That's be pretty stupid to be honest. It's clearly a tribal/necro themed scepter. Why would it should fire? I would more expect some poisonous/gaseous effects, or some tribal markings appearing for a moment.

> @"ZeftheWicked.3076" said:

> > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > @"PlagueParade.7942" said:

> > > What I'm REAAAALLLY hoping for is that when you use the scepter........................ The dragon is the one that fires the shot. LIke IT shoots fireballs. That the attacks do not come from the scepter but from the dragon from which the scepter controls!

> >

> > that'd be dope but unlikely

>

> That's be pretty stupid to be honest. It's clearly a tribal/necro themed scepter. Why would it should fire? I would more expect some poisonous/gaseous effects, or some tribal markings appearing for a moment.

it's aztec themed, more specificly quetzalcoatl (in all likelyhood).

secondly OP sugested the snake to fire the projectiles (as in the action 'to fire' not fire as in fire and flames)

> @"derd.6413" said:

> > @"Thedenofsin.7340" said:

> > Is it Queztecoatl? Kuluklkan? Yig?

> >

> > **YOU DECIDE!!**

>

> given the more aztec look, i'm going with quichecoalition

It's surely [Xiuhcoatl](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xiuhcoatl "Xiuhcoatl"), though "quichecoalition" is the greatest autocorrect error I've ever seen (assuming that's what it was).