Kung Fu Tea Promotion [Merged]

Gaile Gray.6029

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"Schnuschnu.9857" said:

> > > @"Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921" said:

> > > According to the promo you can do it online and Dulfy actually posted info. Anyone can do it, I've never even heard of that company. But just doing the link with your account gets you the outfit, bag, and boosters. Looks legit to me, if there are country restrictions that has to do with trade agreements and Anet isn't in control of that.

> >

> > Anyone who has such social media accounts. I don't have them and I don't live in the US. Sure, I could create trash accounts but I guess this is not how it should be. Promotions which could exclude a big number of customers are never a good thing. Some maybe don't want to link their accounts to a company they never heard of and they never will buy any product of becuase it's not even in their country. Like others said in this discussion: A company with more reach and international presence, for well, an international product (and that's what Guild Wars 2 is as you can play it from nearly all over the world), would a have been a better choice.

>

> Any promotion, "could exclude a big number of customers."

>

> Does that mean that companies should never have promotions?

Well, depends on the dimension of big. If big could mean for example the entirety of Europe (there is no store in Europe and you can't enter the give away for GW2 Deluxe Edition, this is only limited to stores in the US besides them having stores in the US, Kanada, Australia and Vietnam). As others said here, the online giveaway doesn't seem to work... so, this shouldn't happen. IMO this is an example of a promotion that doesn't work in the favor of GW2.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> > @"Schnuschnu.9857" said:

> > > @"Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921" said:

> > > According to the promo you can do it online and Dulfy actually posted info. Anyone can do it, I've never even heard of that company. But just doing the link with your account gets you the outfit, bag, and boosters. Looks legit to me, if there are country restrictions that has to do with trade agreements and Anet isn't in control of that.

> >

> > Anyone who has such social media accounts. I don't have them and I don't live in the US. Sure, I could create trash accounts but I guess this is not how it should be. Promotions which could exclude a big number of customers are never a good thing. Some maybe don't want to link their accounts to a company they never heard of and they never will buy any product of becuase it's not even in their country. Like others said in this discussion: A company with more reach and international presence, for well, an international product (and that's what Guild Wars 2 is as you can play it from nearly all over the world), would a have been a better choice.

>

> I think its the style of the promotion thats flawed...... too many steps to get the treat at the end, and theres no attempt to have any secondary benefits to the actions to cover up the real intent. As a user I don't benefit from these actions, and thus have every incentive to cheese the system for personal gain. Especially when, on the surface, this basically looks like they're trying to build an advertising botnet.... well.... more then already inherent in social media.

>

> It being a localized only seems to matter, because the reward offered is big enough for everyone to want it. If it was just an exclusive mini, would we even be having this conversation? Ii would wager it would be about how the rewards are trash, and should be better.... seems to be the trend with this community. :trollface:

>

> As a side note....... would you be less suspicious if it was a larger corporation that probably already has a track record of abusing social media and/or information harvesting, and given far less in return?

No, I wouldn't be less suspicious. But at least the promotion would maybe... work? See further down people reporting it doesn't even work. So for ALL people outside of the US (do mind, not all states seem to have one store) there seems to be, at least for now, no chance in hell to get anything. And only people who enter the stores and post a picture of the new drink can enter the give away for the GW2 Deluxe Edition. This for me seems at least reasonable. They want to get something out of giving away something big. But all others getting nothing (and it's the dragon shirt, an item some actually want) is bad.

Kung fu tea doesnt exist outside US of A, and even within the US of A it ony exists in less than a third of all states.

This whole event is slighting 98% of the games population, and the remaining 2% will have to go through great efforts because at least for them its possible enough to have he choice to do it

Downloaded the Android app, logged in with Facebook, was told I had "Social Rewards." So I headed there, and the app crashed. Tried to link Facebook and got, "Something went wrong." Tried again and got a chain of crashes. Finally got the app to stabilize, then tried again. "Something," as always, "went wrong." Again.

Was wondering why the Play store rating was so low :p Does the iOS app work any better?

So according to https://www.kungfutea.com/blog/2018/8/31/guildwars2sweepstakes, it looks like there are two prize category - there's

1. a daily sweepstakes with $5 Kung Fu Tea app credit and GW2 Deluxe edition - to enter this, you have to be a US resident* and be somewhere you can buy the drink and then post a pic of it** with a #GW2xKFT hashtag on your chosen social media account

2. downloadable content (the outfit) and the Heroic Edition. No purchase necessary for this, just download the Kung Fu Tea app, find the Social Rewards section, click/tap on Free Guild Wars 2 Rewards and follow whatever the steps are.

And there's a pic of the outfit on there:

![](https://static1.squarespace.com/static/578d4c7a8419c227c750b539/t/5b89a3fa2b6a286922842e60/1535748490573/Guild+wars+2+dragon+shirt.jpg?format=500w "")

*Kinda used to this by this time, tbh.

**Not that I would suggest you just get a photo of one of these drinks from...somewhere internetty. That's cheating and it does say purchase is required.

> @"rotheche.2964" said:

> So according to https://www.kungfutea.com/blog/2018/8/31/guildwars2sweepstakes, it looks like there are two prize category - there's

>

> 1. a daily sweepstakes with $5 Kung Fu Tea app credit and GW2 Deluxe edition - to enter this, you have to be a US resident* and be somewhere you can buy the drink and then post a pic of it** with a #GW2xKFT hashtag on your chosen social media account

> 2. downloadable content (the outfit) and the Heroic Edition. No purchase necessary for this, just download the Kung Fu Tea app, find the Social Rewards section, click/tap on Free Guild Wars 2 Rewards and follow whatever the steps are.

>

> And there's a pic of the outfit on there:

> ![](https://static1.squarespace.com/static/578d4c7a8419c227c750b539/t/5b89a3fa2b6a286922842e60/1535748490573/Guild+wars+2+dragon+shirt.jpg?format=500w "")

>

>

>

> *Kinda used to this by this time, tbh.

> **Not that I would suggest you just get a photo of one of these drinks from...somewhere internetty. That's cheating and it does say purchase is required.

It mostly works that way, except you have to either a) log in with Facebook or b) create an account through the app first before you can do anything.

On Android, at least, the Social Rewards section says nothing's available. Then if you try to link Facebook after you've logged in that way you get constant app crashes or error messages.

Editing: I think they're still rolling things out slowly. When I first headed to the linking tab of the Social section, it only showed Facebook and Instagram. Now they've added Twitter. Right now, it's 2:10 AM PDT.

> @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > @"Nash.3974" said:

> > I just got the dragon emblem outfit but my heroic edition code didn’t work…

> > Btw with Facebook it kept crashing but with instagram it worked

>

> NA/EU?

>

> Doesn't work with either for me. s:

EU/Germany just download the app sign up go on ’social rewards‘ click the free Gw2 rewards and connect your social media from there not from anywhere else on the app. After that you get a message on the app with your codes.

I would recommend to use instagram or Twitter because with Facebook it seems to keep on crashing.

> @"Nash.3974" said:

> > @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > > @"Nash.3974" said:

> > > I just got the dragon emblem outfit but my heroic edition code didn’t work…

> > > Btw with Facebook it kept crashing but with instagram it worked

> >

> > NA/EU?

> >

> > Doesn't work with either for me. s:

>

> EU/Germany just download the app sign up go on ’social rewards‘ click the free Gw2 rewards and connect your social media from there not from anywhere else on the app. After that you get a message on the app with your codes.

> I would recommend to use instagram or Twitter because with Facebook it seems to keep on crashing.

EU/Germany here too, it doesn't show me Twitter at all, only FB and Instagram (which i don't have and where i don't intend to open accounts)

So, sign on with a custom account and skip Facebook login? I'll give it a shot. I was only trying to "connect" my sole social media acct so I could get the heroic edition unlock :p I don't have Twitter/Instagram.

Amusing that you can log in with Facebook, but not actually connect it :/

Edit: nope-- tried to log in the conventional way with a Kung Fu acct. Except I had to use "Forgot my password" to reset the account info. Logged in with my "new" Kung Fu password, and have nothing.

Edit #2-- I'm in NA.

> @"Chay.7852" said:

> > @"Nash.3974" said:

> > > @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > > > @"Nash.3974" said:

> > > > I just got the dragon emblem outfit but my heroic edition code didn’t work…

> > > > Btw with Facebook it kept crashing but with instagram it worked

> > >

> > > NA/EU?

> > >

> > > Doesn't work with either for me. s:

> >

> > EU/Germany just download the app sign up go on ’social rewards‘ click the free Gw2 rewards and connect your social media from there not from anywhere else on the app. After that you get a message on the app with your codes.

> > I would recommend to use instagram or Twitter because with Facebook it seems to keep on crashing.

>

> EU/Germany here too, it doesn't show me Twitter at all, only FB and Instagram (which i don't have and where i don't intend to open accounts)

I made a FB account as a placeholder when City of Heroes did a 'Facepalm' promotion. Probably do the same here. Insta is the only one left I don't have.

> @"Chay.7852" said:

> > @"Nash.3974" said:

> > > @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > > > @"Nash.3974" said:

> > > > I just got the dragon emblem outfit but my heroic edition code didn’t work…

> > > > Btw with Facebook it kept crashing but with instagram it worked

> > >

> > > NA/EU?

> > >

> > > Doesn't work with either for me. s:

> >

> > EU/Germany just download the app sign up go on ’social rewards‘ click the free Gw2 rewards and connect your social media from there not from anywhere else on the app. After that you get a message on the app with your codes.

> > I would recommend to use instagram or Twitter because with Facebook it seems to keep on crashing.

>

> EU/Germany here too, it doesn't show me Twitter at all, only FB and Instagram (which i don't have and where i don't intend to open accounts)

Same for me. EU/Germany, no Twitter available and FB/Instagram don't work at all....

Finally worked for me after a long nightmare, here is the right manner to proceed:

1- With your phone, go on the app Store (google play or the other one) and search "Kung Fu Tea", download the app.

2- When opening the app, they will ask if you want to link your account facebook, link it, if fail, continue to step 3.

3- On the main screen with ads, click on the lines icon at the top-left, go in social, select social rewards.

4- In social rewards panel, if you have a circle loading thingy wait around 2-3 min before the page charge with her promotions, click on the one with the gw2 icon with "No action required" under it. Link your social account, if fail, go to step 5.

5- Go in social / category profile -> Connect social media accounts, retry to link.

6- If okay, you will receive a message in Profile / messages category. you will also receive a message asking to redeem the reward.

7- you will have 2 codes in the mail within kung fu tea app, the first for heroic chest (have to be used on the main gw2 website where you have your extensions https://account.arena.net/login, connect and then "use code"). For the gw2 t-shirt, go in-game, bl company, redeem code, special item code. Enter code.

Disclaimer: Got several bugs trying to perform the steps: successfully linked my facebook after the fifth try. No promotions, appeared after 3 relaunch of the app, same for the messages.

Tried logging into the app per normal account and per facebook now - which works. What doesn't work is linking the app with either instagram or facebook (twitter isn't available). It's mildly frustrating by now considering a lot of people want that outfit.

(EU/Germany btw)

Maybe there's some weird routine you have to follow to make it work? No fucking clue...

> @"hugo.4705" said:

> Finally worked for me after a long nightmare, here is the right manner to proceed:

> 1- With your phone, go on the app Store (google play or the other one) and search "Kung Fu Tea", download the app.

> 2- When opening the app, they will ask if you want to link your account facebook, link it, if fail, continue to step 3.

> 3- On the main screen with ads, click on the lines icon at the top-left, go in social, select social rewards.

> 4- In social rewards panel, if you have a circle loading thingy wait around 2-3 min before the page charge with her promotions, click on the one with the gw2 icon with "No action required" under it. Link your social account, if fail, go to step 5.

> 5- Go in social / category profile -> Connect social media accounts, retry to link.

> 6- If okay, you will receive a message in Profile / messages category. you will also receive a message asking to redeem the reward.

> 7- you will have 2 codes in the mail within kung fu tea app, the first for heroic chest (have to be used on the main gw2 website where you have your extensions https://account.arena.net/login, connect and then "use code"). For the gw2 t-shirt, go in-game, bl company, redeem code, special item code. Enter code.

>

> Disclaimer: Go several bugs trying to perform the steps: successfully linked my facebook after the fifth try. No promotions, appeared after 3 relaunch of the app, same for the messages.

Nah, doesn't work for me. Always get the notification that something went wrong.

> @"hugo.4705" said:

> When linking social account? If that, the apps was linked after the 6th try, do it very slowly, letting 1 min without doing anything between each action.

I'm trying that for several hours now with waiting times between each linking-attempt. It simply doesn't work for me. >:

> @"rotheche.2964" said:

> So according to https://www.kungfutea.com/blog/2018/8/31/guildwars2sweepstakes, it looks like there are two prize category - there's

>

> 1. a daily sweepstakes with $5 Kung Fu Tea app credit and GW2 Deluxe edition - to enter this, you have to be a US resident* and be somewhere you can buy the drink and then post a pic of it** with a #GW2xKFT hashtag on your chosen social media account

> 2. downloadable content (the outfit) and the Heroic Edition. No purchase necessary for this, just download the Kung Fu Tea app, find the Social Rewards section, click/tap on Free Guild Wars 2 Rewards and follow whatever the steps are.

>

> And there's a pic of the outfit on there:

> ![](https://static1.squarespace.com/static/578d4c7a8419c227c750b539/t/5b89a3fa2b6a286922842e60/1535748490573/Guild+wars+2+dragon+shirt.jpg?format=500w "")

>

>

>

> *Kinda used to this by this time, tbh.

> **Not that I would suggest you just get a photo of one of these drinks from...somewhere internetty. That's cheating and it does say purchase is required.

Probably have to upload a receipt.