Kung Fu Tea Promotion [Merged]

Gaile Gray.6029

> @"notebene.3190" said:

> > @"Ana.2415" said:

> > I can see the GW2 rewards finally, but my fb got unlinked :/ I'm trying to link it again but I keep getting "An error occurred while registering. Please try again" all the time :(

>

> When you see the rewards, don't leave the program at that point! Click on the GW2 reward that offers the one-time linking reward codes, and then it should ask you to link again. At that point, keep trying to link, even through the errors, until it finally takes. That's what eventually worked for me. I happen to use a temporary Instagram I set up in my main characters name to get it linked. When the link didn't work, it just kept taking me back to the same screen, which for me, was a pop-up I'd get when tapping on the GW2 promo that said I could get $1 off my first order if I linked to a social media account. I'd click on the Instagram, login, and then it would just bounce back to that pop up, where I'd try again. Eventually it just 'took' after many, many attempts, and the pop up was gone 'and' that GW2 promo was gone from the list. When I went over to 'Profile', I could see my little fake Instagram picture there, and the Instagram toggle was still enabled. After another 15 minutes or so of checking my messages in that same screen, eventually the message with my 2 codes showed up.

Yea I get a pop-up to link my fb/instagram when I press on the gw2 reward. I guess I will just keep spamming on that pop-up trying to link my fb, but I alrdy tried that for 1h and no luck :(

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"icecreamedhotdog.3607" said:

> very disappointed that the kung fu tea promos are only if you have a smartphone or such to download an app,and if you are on any social media.anet,there are players that for various reasons do not have smartphones or social media.very disappointed this is targeted for a select group/area

The app says you can download it on Google Play so you should be able to do it on your computer: https://www.kungfutea.com/app/

As for social media, if you don’t want a real account you can make an account with fake info but valid email then delete the account when done. You can even make an email just for that one use.

Good luck getting it to work though. Been sitting here off and on all morning and nothing but 'something went wrong' errors. Who on earth thought this was a good idea? I just want my code. The nearest tea place is approximately 3 hours away so it isn't like I'm their targeted audience.

And for all the ones getting extra codes..I don't see how gw2 could police those? I just want ONE!

Why do people fear that goldfarmers get "thousands" of keys with this? I have been sitting at my phone a combined 7 hours yesterday and today and I still couldn't even link my facebook yet.

Also, about those people on reddit, you DO know that there are a lot of trolls on the internet who just write stuff to anger/annoy/aggravate others? I could easily go to reddit and write I got 100 keys already and it works everytime for me, just to annoy those who didn't even get their shirt yet. Don't believe everything people write. The overwhelming majority of people who try don't even have one key yet if this forum is any indication. A few got lucky, most didn't.

> @"Shikigami.4013" said:

> Why do people fear that goldfarmers get "thousands" of keys with this? I have been sitting at my phone a combined 7 hours yesterday and today and I still couldn't even link my facebook yet.

>

>

Cause the reason that you sitting at my phone a combined 7 hours yesterday and today and I still couldn't even link my facebook yet is that goldsellers bombing App/server with macros

> @"hasjee.7614" said:

> As a player that played GW1 since day 1 and a GW2 since earlyest beta's and still going on. I always feel kinda @#$@ in the behind by Anet as a EU player. These promotions are always NA and never in the EU.

Don't worry its also for EU (but only for shady macros)

> @"Zaron.1987" said:

> > @"Shikigami.4013" said:

> > Why do people fear that goldfarmers get "thousands" of keys with this? I have been sitting at my phone a combined 7 hours yesterday and today and I still couldn't even link my facebook yet.

> >

> >

>

>

> Cause the reason that you sitting at my phone a combined 7 hours yesterday and today and I still couldn't even link my facebook yet is that goldsellers bombing App/server with macros

Stating pure speculation as fact is not helpful. The only indication that goldsellers do that is people claiming they do, and the only indication that this is the reason for the server problem is your post. As if there were no server problems with any kind of online launch that is more popular than expected....

> @"hasjee.7614" said:

> As a player that played GW1 since day 1 and a GW2 since earlyest beta's and still going on. I always feel kinda @#$@ in the behind by Anet as a EU player. These promotions are always NA and never in the EU.

You can get the shirt and the heroic edition items anywhere in the world since that's an online promotion. It's just the prize draw for w copy of HoT and PoF you can't get.

> @"hasjee.7614" said:

The keys for the outfit and heroic edition are available to everyone with access to the KFT app and successfully link it with social media. AFAIK the only geographic bar is for the sweepstake.

> @"calb.3128" said:

> > @"hasjee.7614" said:

> > As a player that played GW1 since day 1 and a GW2 since earlyest beta's and still going on. I always feel kinda @#$@ in the behind by Anet as a EU player. These promotions are always NA and never in the EU.

>

> The keys for the outfit and heroic edition are available to everyone with access to the KFT app and successfully link it with social media. AFAIK the only geographic bar is for the sweepstake.

Ok, Ill give it a go then.

> @"Zaron.1987" said:

> Stating pure speculation as fact is not helpful. The only indication that goldsellers don't do that is that you are claiming they dont do on this forum, and the only indication that other things are the reason for the server problem is your post.

Are you unable to tell the difference or should I report your post as trolling?

Just in case you don't get it, I'll explain for you:

Others were stating that goldsellers do it. I never stated ("claimed") they don't, just that it is speculation that they do.

You were stating they were the reason for the server problem. I didn't state in my post that they were not, just that it is speculation that they are.

> @"icecreamedhotdog.3607" said:

> very disappointed that the kung fu tea promos are only if you have a smartphone or such to download an app,and if you are on any social media.anet,there are players that for various reasons do not have smartphones or social media.very disappointed this is targeted for a select group/area

Oh come on, that's really clutching at straws. The promo is accessible to players who use either of the two most popular mobile operating systems (whether that is on a smartphone or run on a tablet) and requires one of a choice of the most popular social media platforms available. Smartphones and/or tablets are used by a high proportion of the gamer demographic, as are at least one of the required social media platforms. I accept there are very valid reasons for people not wanting to use social media - I rarely do - and likewise for not wanting to link their account to share the information. Your data has a price, and if you choose not to give it in exchange for these items, that's your call. But to claim that ANet are deliberately excluding players from this promotion is way off the mark. It's very much up to the user whether they want to take part based on those personal choices.

(The KFT sweepstake element is geographically bound, but that is for legal reasons. Disclosure: EU player.)

> @"Abdel Muhti.6431" said:

> You shall not pass!!!

>

> [https://imgur.com/a/4bPaE6J](https://imgur.com/a/4bPaE6J "https://imgur.com/a/4bPaE6J")

>

> < i m g src="https://i.imgur.com/yIDT5iE.jpg" alt="test" />

>

> *** if anyone see this and know what im doing wrong... i cant get any image embedded so it can directly be seen here -.- *

Use the "Direct Link" button on imgur, and then click the little picture above the edit box (right-hand end button) and paste the link there.

I have given Facebook my cellphone number years ago. They never called me. Nor did anyone else who should not have the number.

And if someone is actually so scared of Facebook knowing their name, they could still "accidentally" misspell it. It's not like Facebook requires you to send them a scan of your ID to make an account. Also noone who has a Facebook account is required to post data to it that he doesn't want everyone to know.

Well, it's September 2, and it seems this thing still doesn't work; so I poked around to see how worth it, it actually is. Upon closer examination, what you get once it finally works, is the GW2 dragon T-shirt outfit (see link below). As far as daily content goes, what that apparently means is you get entered into a drawing each day to win either the Heroic or Deluxe edition which, I suspect, most of us either have or better ( i.e., Collector's edition), so odds are good you already have all that DLC. So big picture? Unless you really want the dragon T-shirt outfit or are a huge fan of Kung Fu tea (my closest one is in downtown Chicago as I live near the Wisconsin border), I wouldn't bother. https://www.kungfutea.com/blog/2018/8/31/guildwars2sweepstakes