Kung Fu Tea Promotion [Merged]

Gaile Gray.6029

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While trying to get the rewards to work (as opposed to crashing my phone constantly) I decided to try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Of course, it disconnected my social media accounts then, and it was really unpleasant. Currently trying to get the accounts to reconnect (and now even that is crashing my phone. What a pain.)

> @"NicholaLord.2630" said:

> Here we go Admins out deleting posts and issuing points... My post was apparently not respectful or constructive, because I am told that both positive and negative comments are welcome as long as it meets that critia. So I have removed one word, that was "stupid" apparently that was enough to get 3 points?

>

> **I want to know who is responsible for this, and I want them held to account.

>

> The picture I am being painted -

>

> - Gold farmers spamming the hell outta the App, prob using some Auto bot filling nonsense - Gold farmers use the Heroic DL to convert free accounts > full core accounts thus gaining daily logins aka mystic coins x this by 1000s of accounts.

>

> - Anet have now done some crisis management and apparently blocked a lot of the codes gained

>

> - Game servers are now being DDOS attacked - probably in retaliation

> **

>

>

> I want to know who had this poorly thought out PROMO, I thought GW2 had moved on from daft poorly thought out decisions - I am very disappointed again with the lack of common sense and though regarding the bigger picture, If there is such a lack of understanding of external factors that effect the game, why not add some of the community into your ideas/ decisions.. You really have created a whole lot of of work for yourselves, have a annoyed Tea company that probably have paid a lot to get there, and have a lot of annoyed customers that are not able to get what you are saying is available, while yet again the cheaters hackers scammers gold farmers prosper!

Does the heroic edition really turn f2p accounts into core accounts though? Because I thought it’s only an armor set + inventory bag & boosters?

Why do you think they turn f2p into core accounts?

> @"icecreamedhotdog.3607" said:

> very disappointed that the kung fu tea promos are only if you have a smartphone or such to download an app,and if you are on any social media.anet,there are players that for various reasons do not have smartphones or social media.very disappointed this is targeted for a select group/area

You can download an android emulator for PC and "cheat the system" that way. As for the social media account: Just create a thow-away account, get your promo code and then delete the account.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"phs.6089" said:

> > Let me get this strait. Guild wars 2 Heroic Edition gives access to the game's full mode? Meanig farmers are now got a dozen accs for free to farm laurels?

>

> Yes. And they can also sell the outfit codes on eBay.

GeGe Anet

> @"hugo.4705" said:

> Just a little reminder, the first code for heroic chest should be used on the website https://account.arena.net/register -> use code after login , for the second one (T-shirt gw2 outfit) should be used in-game -> bl company -> redeem code --> special item code.

You can also use the T-shirt code on https://account.arena.net/content via the "Add a code" button, or https://account.arena.net/overview via the "Use a code" (I think - for some reason the account.arena.net site thinks I want to see it in French and doesn't provide any way to change it...).

> @"phs.6089" said:

> Let me get this strait. Guild wars 2 Heroic Edition gives access to the game's full mode? Meanig farmers are now got a dozen accs for free to farm laurels?

No, there is a daily sweepstakes allowing people the chance to win a copy. It's one copy a day though.

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > @"phs.6089" said:

> > Let me get this strait. Guild wars 2 Heroic Edition gives access to the game's full mode? Meanig farmers are now got a dozen accs for free to farm laurels?

>

> No, there is a daily sweepstakes allowing people the chance to win a copy. It's one copy a day though.

No. The heroic edition is given along with the costume code. The deluxe edition is a part of the sweepstakes.

Edit: deluxe, not collectors

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/201862758-Game-Versions-and-Digital-Items

This is getting extremely frustrating. I've been trying this nonsense now since yesterday morning without even being able to link the app to a social network, even though I reinstalled the app multiple times, tried multiple accounts, tried using VPN, tried restarting my phone several times, even tried android emulators, bla bla bla. Meanwhile, there are already codes on ebay that get sold for 35+ EUR.

this entire app is frustrating! finally got it to link to FB, it started crashing when claiming the reward!

Restarted the app, now i am no longer connected to FB, no rewards are showing to claim, no message with codes, nothing!

Now the app keeps crashing when trying to connect to FB again, no rwards are showing anywhere... argh!

I just want my outfit *cries*

> @"Zaron.1987" said:

> > @"Shikigami.4013" said:

> > Why do people fear that goldfarmers get "thousands" of keys with this? I have been sitting at my phone a combined 7 hours yesterday and today and I still couldn't even link my facebook yet.

> >

> >

>

>

> Cause the reason that you sitting at my phone a combined 7 hours yesterday and today and I still couldn't even link my facebook yet is that goldsellers bombing App/server with macros

This. Can you imagine how many not-well-meaning farmers/players frothed at the mouth knowing they could get the full game *without* a purchase? Temporary/Fake accounts were promptly created to take advantage of this? And will do so once it's repaired, thereby blocking the legit players trying to claim the rewards? Maybe that's why the whole thing is bogged and locked down for now. What are the odds that Anet can pick out the suspicious accounts now?

It looks like they better should not only stop spreading the skin but also remove the skin from anyones wardrobe having gotten it in the last few days.

Yes, maybe it looks good. But currently it supports lots of wrong doing from many people and is damaging the economy of Guild Wars again.

These (and many other) eBay auctions violating ArenaNets Code of Conduct, #9.