Kung Fu Tea Promotion [Merged]

Gaile Gray.6029

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Umire.4596" said:

> > The Promotion is no longer on Guild Wars Sign in now ??

> > What’s up ??

> > Is it over and those of us who had problems are just SOL ??

> >

>

> if you scroll up you can see information about your question mate but its over if you dont live in the us of a

I do live in the US .

My wife and I still have not gotten a code as of yet and both downloaded the app .

So I think as I stated in my very first post on this that this is the worse idea Anet has had since I have started playing this game .

It is totally unfair to the rest of the people who play this game !

> @"Umire.4596" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > @"Umire.4596" said:

> > > The Promotion is no longer on Guild Wars Sign in now ??

> > > What’s up ??

> > > Is it over and those of us who had problems are just SOL ??

> > >

> >

> > if you scroll up you can see information about your question mate but its over if you dont live in the us of a

>

> I do live in the US .

> My wife and I still have not gotten a code as of yet and both downloaded the app .

> So I think as I stated in my very first post on this that this is the worse idea Anet has had since I have started playing this game .

> It is totally unfair to the rest of the people who play this game !

>

Anyone outside of the US has always received the short end of the stick. We hardly ever get included in competitions with major prizes, in-game or out. It's clear that their preference is for those close to home.

Really makes you feel welcomed and loved as a part of the community

/seething sarcasm

> @"Miss Lana.5276" said:

> I want to know if whoever greenlit this actually thought about botters and exploiters crashing the system. Considering it's a free thing, this **should** have been one of the first thoughts.

It should have been but it is my experience that marketing things typically are greenlit by people who do not have experience with thinking of how they will be attacked. Unfortunately people who bring up exploits and the like usually are overruled if they even have a voice in the conversation. I have been directed to do things and my bosses at the time turned livid when they found out what directions I was given, although I was not in a position myself to flatly refuse to what I knew were REALLY bad ideas.

Can I ask a differant question:

What about all the EU data collected ie, names/ numbers/ location/ facebook id, twitter id, instagram id... If all of EU and Oceania are not allowed to enter, then can Kungfu tea guarantee that all the wrongly collected data is 100% destroyed?

- We gave our data under false pretences!

- As we are ANETs commodity( ie hey Kungfu tea, we can hook you up with millions of gamers.. for X amount of $) The at the same time we must be Anets responsibility, thus Anet need to ensure their player bases info have not been obtained illegally ie for a game code, that is unobtainable, false pretences.

> @"NicholaLord.2630" said:

> Can I ask a differant question:

> What about all the EU data collected ie, names/ numbers/ location/ facebook id, twitter id, instagram id... If all of EU and Oceania are not allowed to enter, then can Kungfu tea guarantee that all the wrongly collected data is 100% destroyed?

> - We gave our data under false pretences!

This is why I don't have my personal info on any social media account, I have accounts under false names with a false D.O.B, location, you name it. Doesn't matter what site you put it on, eventually it'll make it's way around, linked or unlinked.

Hell, I'd be shocked if any major data collecting agency out there didn't even have my real name by now.

> What about all the EU data collected ie, names/ numbers/ location/ facebook id, twitter id, instagram id... If all of EU and Oceania are not allowed to enter, then can Kungfu tea guarantee that all the wrongly collected data is 100% destroyed?

> - As we are ANETs commodity( ie hey Kungfu tea, we can hook you up with millions of gamers.. for X amount of $) The at the same time we must be Anets responsibility, thus Anet need to ensure their player bases info have not been obtained illegally ie for a game code, that is unobtainable, false pretences.

>

Yeah i want to Know that

For that you will have to ask KFT to delete your data yourself. Just write to their customer support. As far as I know they are forced to comply.

> > @"NicholaLord.2630" said:

> > Can I ask a differant question:

> > What about all the EU data collected ie, names/ numbers/ location/ facebook id, twitter id, instagram id... If all of EU and Oceania are not allowed to enter, then can Kungfu tea guarantee that all the wrongly collected data is 100% destroyed?

> > - We gave our data under false pretences!

>

> This is why I don't have my personal info on any social media account, I have accounts under false names with a false D.O.B, location, you name it. Doesn't matter what site you put it on, eventually it'll make it's way around, linked or unlinked.

>

> Hell, I'd be shocked if any major data collecting agency out there didn't even have my real name by now.

But when you go on sites apps, you tick to agree.

We where signing up for a reward that WAS advertised to all the world, to be then told actually it is not!!

by that time imagine how much data clocked up over the 3 days?

> @"Moonyeti.3296" said:

> > @"NoNameNoob.9758" said:

> > Why would you get a ban lol

>

> There were reports of people getting multiple codes and using them, and later getting their accounts banned. Anet then said they were only banning the obvious offenders, but the vague information has people nervous.

Wtf that would Be hilaroius if they would get banned for Using The code But i understand i would also Not use The code then

> @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> Maybe Anet could partner with Starbucks next time, so we can all get our sippy sippy on while gaming!

Or they will partner up with McDonalds! :lol:

Atleast they are world-wide!

_"Hi, can I have a Big Mac and Co, also.... a promocode to GW2, please?"_

???

> @"Alga.6498" said:

> > @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > Maybe Anet could partner with Starbucks next time, so we can all get our sippy sippy on while gaming!

>

> Or they will partner up with McDonalds! :lol:

> Atleast they are world-wide!

>

> _"Hi, can I have a Big Mac and Co, also.... a promocode to GW2, please?"_

> ???

Now I wonder why ANet has not partnered up with a big player instead of a company selling their product in a whooping 4 countries...?

Were Starbucks and McD not interested? Has me thinking...

> @"Alga.6498" said:

> > @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > Maybe Anet could partner with Starbucks next time, so we can all get our sippy sippy on while gaming!

>

> Or they will partner up with McDonalds! :lol:

> Atleast they are world-wide!

>

> _"Hi, can I have a Big Mac and Co, also.... a promocode to GW2, please?"_

> ???

At least with McDonalds I know there's one that I can actually get to.

The nearest Starbucks is a 5 hour drive through one of the worst roads I have ever been on.

N O T H A N K S

> @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> First its hackers and then its botters. And then its always been limited to the US. Of ...course it has been.

>

> Kung Fu Tea PR seems to be quite dishonest if you ask me. I mean, stuff goes wrong all the time, atleast admit it that it does. Clearly being transparent is not as important as (failing miserably at) trying to keep face.

We have always been at war with eastasia.

This to me sounds like a marketer/PR person was responding. A non-techie often assumes if they get a spike in traffic they are under a cyber-attack. Tech people meanwhile know it is only one of possible reasons your traffic can suddenly go up. It is like encountering an unknown and saying 'aliens did it' before even investigating other things.

> > @"Miss Lana.5276" said:

> > > @"NicholaLord.2630" said:

> > > Can I ask a differant question:

> > > What about all the EU data collected ie, names/ numbers/ location/ facebook id, twitter id, instagram id... If all of EU and Oceania are not allowed to enter, then can Kungfu tea guarantee that all the wrongly collected data is 100% destroyed?

> > > - We gave our data under false pretences!

> >

> > This is why I don't have my personal info on any social media account, I have accounts under false names with a false D.O.B, location, you name it. Doesn't matter what site you put it on, eventually it'll make it's way around, linked or unlinked.

> >

> > Hell, I'd be shocked if any major data collecting agency out there didn't even have my real name by now.

>

> But when you go on sites apps, you tick to agree.

>

> We where signing up for a reward that WAS advertised to all the world, to be then told actually it is not!!

> by that time imagine how much data clocked up over the 3 days?

That's 3 days of access to an account with **false information**. Even if I did agree to them having access to my facebook, I don't keep any real information on there, or even on my phone itself.

You're missing the point of putting the false information on the account in the first place.

To play devil's advocate, I guess, haven't most or all of the promotions ANet does been US only? Having something to do with variations in laws and things of value, [latin phrases], et tu Brute? I don't remember all the specifics. I can't remember a time when they had a promotion that wasn't US only, no? Not that it's still not a big bummer for many, just wondering if we're focusing on something that's always been this way?

Side Note: As someone else stated up stream, at this point, the app just crashes when I try to even click on the rewards. Not sure if that is a sign that they are working on things or not, but it's at least something different.

> @"notebene.3190" said:

> To play devil's advocate, I guess, haven't most or all of the promotions ANet does been US only? Having something to do with variations in laws and things of value, [latin phrases], et tu Brute? I don't remember all the specifics. I can't remember a time when they had a promotion that wasn't US only, no? Not that it's still not a big bummer for many, just wondering if we're focusing on something that's always been this way?

>

> Side Note: As someone else stated up stream, at this point, the app just crashes when I try to even click on the rewards. Not sure if that is a sign that they are working on things or not, but it's at least something different.

It's still infuriating when it's US-only, but usually this will be stated clearly beforehand. What KFT just did is change the statement after the promotion started (5 days later actually) with no previous warning whatsoever, thus being a massive scam.

> @"Edgy McEdgelord.4790" said:

> > > @"NicholaLord.2630" said:

> > > > @"Miss Lana.5276" said:

> > > > > @"NicholaLord.2630" said:

> > > > > Can I ask a differant question:

> > > > > What about all the EU data collected ie, names/ numbers/ location/ facebook id, twitter id, instagram id... If all of EU and Oceania are not allowed to enter, then can Kungfu tea guarantee that all the wrongly collected data is 100% destroyed?

> > > > > - We gave our data under false pretences!

> > > >

> > > > This is why I don't have my personal info on any social media account, I have accounts under false names with a false D.O.B, location, you name it. Doesn't matter what site you put it on, eventually it'll make it's way around, linked or unlinked.

> > > >

> > > > Hell, I'd be shocked if any major data collecting agency out there didn't even have my real name by now.

> > >

> > > But when you go on sites apps, you tick to agree.

> > >

> > > We where signing up for a reward that WAS advertised to all the world, to be then told actually it is not!!

> > > by that time imagine how much data clocked up over the 3 days?

> >

> > That's 3 days of access to an account with **false information**. Even if I did agree to them having access to my facebook, I don't keep any real information on there, or even on my phone itself.

> >

> > You're missing the point of putting the false information on the account in the first place.

>

> On the contrary, many people do not and they just got scammed by this shady company and ANet (who seemingly have no effs to give about this, hence the total silence).

And that's to their own detriment. It doesn't take long to set up a burner account, and it's common knowledge that these companies do scummy things to datamine where their grubby hands shouldn't be.

The point being here if they valued their information so much they should have already taken the precautions to protect it. Yes, what KFT did was terrible, but if the choice was made to link a real account to the app then that's their own fault.

> > > @"Edgy McEdgelord.4790" said:

> > > > @"Miss Lana.5276" said:

> > > > > @"NicholaLord.2630" said:

> > > > > > @"Miss Lana.5276" said:

> > > > > > > @"NicholaLord.2630" said:

> > > > > > > Can I ask a differant question:

> > > > > > > What about all the EU data collected ie, names/ numbers/ location/ facebook id, twitter id, instagram id... If all of EU and Oceania are not allowed to enter, then can Kungfu tea guarantee that all the wrongly collected data is 100% destroyed?

> > > > > > > - We gave our data under false pretences!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > This is why I don't have my personal info on any social media account, I have accounts under false names with a false D.O.B, location, you name it. Doesn't matter what site you put it on, eventually it'll make it's way around, linked or unlinked.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Hell, I'd be shocked if any major data collecting agency out there didn't even have my real name by now.

> > > > >

> > > > > But when you go on sites apps, you tick to agree.

> > > > >

> > > > > We where signing up for a reward that WAS advertised to all the world, to be then told actually it is not!!

> > > > > by that time imagine how much data clocked up over the 3 days?

> > > >

> > > > That's 3 days of access to an account with **false information**. Even if I did agree to them having access to my facebook, I don't keep any real information on there, or even on my phone itself.

> > > >

> > > > You're missing the point of putting the false information on the account in the first place.

> > >

> > > On the contrary, many people do not and they just got scammed by this shady company and ANet (who seemingly have no effs to give about this, hence the total silence).

> >

> > And that's to their own detriment. It doesn't take long to set up a burner account, and it's common knowledge that these companies do scummy things to datamine where their grubby hands shouldn't be.

> >

> > The point being here if they valued their information so much they should have already taken the precautions to protect it. Yes, what KFT did was terrible, but if the choice was made to link a real account to the app then that's their own fault.

>

> No the choice was made in return for a dragon shirt! risk reward and all that!

You knew they'd get the data on your linked account regardless of whether you received the reward or not. If you're as adamant as you seem about protecting your information, you should have already taken the simplest of precautions to do that previously, and wouldn't have easily given it away, novelty or no.

> > @"NicholaLord.2630" said:

> > > @"Miss Lana.5276" said:

> > > > @"Edgy McEdgelord.4790" said:

> > > > > @"Miss Lana.5276" said:

> > > > > > @"NicholaLord.2630" said:

> > > > > > > @"Miss Lana.5276" said:

> > > > > > > > @"NicholaLord.2630" said:

> > > > > > > > Can I ask a differant question:

> > > > > > > > What about all the EU data collected ie, names/ numbers/ location/ facebook id, twitter id, instagram id... If all of EU and Oceania are not allowed to enter, then can Kungfu tea guarantee that all the wrongly collected data is 100% destroyed?

> > > > > > > > - We gave our data under false pretences!

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > This is why I don't have my personal info on any social media account, I have accounts under false names with a false D.O.B, location, you name it. Doesn't matter what site you put it on, eventually it'll make it's way around, linked or unlinked.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Hell, I'd be shocked if any major data collecting agency out there didn't even have my real name by now.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But when you go on sites apps, you tick to agree.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > We where signing up for a reward that WAS advertised to all the world, to be then told actually it is not!!

> > > > > > by that time imagine how much data clocked up over the 3 days?

> > > > >

> > > > > That's 3 days of access to an account with **false information**. Even if I did agree to them having access to my facebook, I don't keep any real information on there, or even on my phone itself.

> > > > >

> > > > > You're missing the point of putting the false information on the account in the first place.

> > > >

> > > > On the contrary, many people do not and they just got scammed by this shady company and ANet (who seemingly have no effs to give about this, hence the total silence).

> > >

> > > And that's to their own detriment. It doesn't take long to set up a burner account, and it's common knowledge that these companies do scummy things to datamine where their grubby hands shouldn't be.

> > >

> > > The point being here if they valued their information so much they should have already taken the precautions to protect it. Yes, what KFT did was terrible, but if the choice was made to link a real account to the app then that's their own fault.

> >

> > No the choice was made in return for a dragon shirt! risk reward and all that!

>

> You knew they'd get the data on your linked account regardless of whether you received the reward or not. If you're as adamant as you seem about protecting your information, you should have already taken the simplest of precautions to do that previously, and wouldn't have easily given it away, novelty or no.

You have not answered the question, but just repeated yourself.