Kung Fu Tea Promotion [Merged]

Gaile Gray.6029

> @"Haishao.6851" said:

> Do this only work with facebook and instagram?

>

When I first tried it, it also offered Twitter, but that disappeared fairly quickly. I wonder if their contract with Facebook allows a high enough rate of connections...

EDIT: and Twitter is now back, not that helps me since I don't have a Twitter account.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Julischka Bean.7491" said:

> > @"hugo.4705" said:

> > Don't hesitate to restart app sometimes it solves the issue.

>

> I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!! I have the Dragon Outfit!!!!!!! It took hours, patience, and much puzzlement!!!!!! So many times I was convinced I was doing it all wrong.

>

> Whew.

>

> I am so happy.

>

> Hugo, thank you. Everyone thank You. Arenanet I love you.

>

> Lisa.

May I ask you some questions about your progress?

When you kept trying to get the rewards to load to click on the right one, if you went over to 'Profile' in 'Social', does the app you chose to link show the radio button on?

Did you choose Facebook or Instagram?

When you clicked on the GW2 reward, did it pop up with a "$1 off" coupon pop up and ask you to login to instagram and/or facebook, and when you did, just came back to the same pop up?

My Instagram account shows I've authorized something called 'Social Rewards', and if I unauthorize it and do the process again, it shows back up, so clearly that is the thing to be linked to Kung Fu, and it's working, but it's not clear to me the app understands I've linked it. And then I get in that "$1 off" loop that won't let me go anywhere. I'm curious as to whether you experienced the same sort of behavior before you finally got in, or if your experience was different.

I'd rather not have to make a fake Facebook account, but if that is a better way to go, I suppose I can do that instead.

Thank you.

> @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> I tried (and failed) multiple times at getting Facebook to connect to the app. It finally connected properly about 10 minutes ago. So, we'll see if the reward ever pops up. :p

After each failure, did you have to go to Facebook and de-authorize 'Social Rewards' before trying again? Or, did you just leave that there and keep trying to connect in the app itself? At one point when trying to connect to the app did it seem to work? Does that radio button show 'on' for you now?

> @"notebene.3190" said:

> > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > I tried (and failed) multiple times at getting Facebook to connect to the app. It finally connected properly about 10 minutes ago. So, we'll see if the reward ever pops up. :p

>

> After each failure, did you have to go to Facebook and de-authorize 'Social Rewards' before trying again? Or, did you just leave that there and keep trying to connect in the app itself? At one point when trying to connect to the app did it seem to work? Does that radio button show 'on' for you now?

Wondering the same.

> @"notebene.3190" said:

> > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > I tried (and failed) multiple times at getting Facebook to connect to the app. It finally connected properly about 10 minutes ago. So, we'll see if the reward ever pops up. :p

>

> After each failure, did you have to go to Facebook and de-authorize 'Social Rewards' before trying again? Or, did you just leave that there and keep trying to connect in the app itself? At one point when trying to connect to the app did it seem to work? Does that radio button show 'on' for you now?

I "de-authorized" it twice but then gave up on that. So, my next 10 or so attempts were just repeat spam attempts, without going into Facebook to remove the permissions from the last attempt. On my unsuccessful attempts, the radio button would show On until I left the Connect Social Media Accounts tab; once I left that tab and came back, the button would show Off. After the successful attempt, it now shows my FB profile picture and name at the top of the Connect Social Media Accounts tab, and the Facebook button stays On, even after fully restarting the app.

> @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > @"notebene.3190" said:

> > > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > > I tried (and failed) multiple times at getting Facebook to connect to the app. It finally connected properly about 10 minutes ago. So, we'll see if the reward ever pops up. :p

> >

> > After each failure, did you have to go to Facebook and de-authorize 'Social Rewards' before trying again? Or, did you just leave that there and keep trying to connect in the app itself? At one point when trying to connect to the app did it seem to work? Does that radio button show 'on' for you now?

>

> I "de-authorized" it twice but then gave up on that. So, my next 10 or so attempts were just repeat spam attempts, without going into Facebook to remove the permissions from the last attempt. On my unsuccessful attempts, the radio button would show On until I left the Connect Social Media Accounts tab; once I left that tab and came back, the button would show Off. After the successful attempt, it now shows my FB profile picture and name at the top of the Connect Social Media Accounts tab, and the Facebook button stays On, even after fully restarting the app.

Thank you!

So it sounds like before I even need to worry about the reward list, I need to keep trying to connect my Instagram until it 'sticks', and 'then' try to get the right rewards to show up and pick it.

Something new to go on, thanks again!

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > @"Sanity Obscure.6054" said:

> > Can't they just give you a code on a paper when you buy a drink and mention the gw2 promo?

> >

> > This is just so convoluted and shady....

>

> How exactly are they going to give me a piece of paper?

>

Buy a drink in store and mention the game, or buy something online like a keychain or cup and get an email. Not hard to implement.

> @"Julischka Bean.7491" said:

> > @"hugo.4705" said:

>

> I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!! I have the Dragon Outfit!!!!!!! It took hours, patience, and much puzzlement!!!!!! So many times I was convinced I was doing it all wrong.

>

> Whew.

>

> I am so happy.

>

> Hugo, thank you. Everyone thank You. Arenanet I love you.

>

> Lisa.

You're welcome! I'm very happy, you and some other players finally earned their Dragon-T-Shirt and the heroic chest!!! I'm sure all these bugs and lags are only due to the massive amount of players trying to connect or link their accounts! :)

> @"Sanity Obscure.6054" said:

> > @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > > @"Sanity Obscure.6054" said:

> > > Can't they just give you a code on a paper when you buy a drink and mention the gw2 promo?

> > >

> > > This is just so convoluted and shady....

> >

> > How exactly are they going to give me a piece of paper?

> >

>

> Buy a drink in store and mention the game, or buy something online like a keychain or cup and get an email. Not hard to implement.

"Buy a drink in store"? It's not like I'm going to take a seven hour flight just to go to their (...) stores. That was my point.

> > @"hugo.4705" said:

>

> Doesn't seem to solve the gentle and explicative(1) message "Something went wrong"... Maybe if I restart the phone...

Worked fine this morning but since noon, that issue appeared when trying to link accounts like facebook, I've the same now currently when I try to log-back into my facebook account :/ Maybe we just have to wait, or they should do something with their app! I can't have the deluxe thingy since the "Scan" option for facebook post with #GW2xKFT is totally broken...

> "Buy a drink in store"? It's not like I'm going to take a seven hour flight just to go to their (...) stores. That was my point.

So like I said, you would buy something online such as a mug or stickers and get a code. Options for everyone. Then you would have an advertisement for Kung Fu Tea and the promotion is still implemented.

> @"Raizel.8175" said:

> Trying for almost 10h by now and still doesn't work. I hope they're able to fix the problem soon. xD

I'm a little surprised they set this thing up to launch on the weekend. Somebody is going to be upset at having to do work on Saturday. (Wait... when is the US Labor Day holiday? Oh, I remember now. First Monday in September. So not only a weekend, but a *long* weekend.) Stunningly excellent timing, people.

> @"Sanity Obscure.6054" said:

> > @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > > @"Sanity Obscure.6054" said:

> > > Can't they just give you a code on a paper when you buy a drink and mention the gw2 promo?

> > >

> > > This is just so convoluted and shady....

> >

> > How exactly are they going to give me a piece of paper?

> >

>

> Buy a drink in store and mention the game, or buy something online like a keychain or cup and get an email. Not hard to implement.

I doubt in store people have a clue about this promo.. This is probably online only in terms of promoting. In store people just sell the drinks, and have nothing to do with the promotion at all.

This is weird

I went on to make an Instagram account and my email was showing like it's already been used.

I don't remember ever having an Instagram account so I did a password reset, and once I got into the account I found out someone from Asia has been using my email for their Instagram.