Login attempt: Which account?

I just switched my phone back on after charging it and found 4 SMS messages with Arenanet codes. Meaning someone has made 4 attempts to log into my account.

The problem is I have 2 GW2 accounts and only 1 phone, so they both use the same one. Is there any way for me to tell which account these are related to, and therefore which password and email address someone has?

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> I just switched my phone back on after charging it and found 4 SMS messages with Arenanet codes. Meaning someone has made 4 attempts to log into my account.

For better reaction times in the future: if at all possible, leave the phone switched on while you charge it. I've *never* seen a mobile / cell phone that would only charge while switched off.

And a second piece of advice: change your game account passwords *and* your email account passwords _as a matter of urgence_. Do not wait to see what happens.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> Is there any way for me to tell which account these are related to, and therefore which password and email address someone has?

Confirm your email isn't compromised, including any recovery options and automatic forwarding, then disable SMS authentication to revert to email authentication, which will email you the code instead, along with the IP of who attempted it. If you actually want to secure your account, put 2FA/SMS on your email instead.

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > I just switched my phone back on after charging it and found 4 SMS messages with Arenanet codes. Meaning someone has made 4 attempts to log into my account.

>

> For better reaction times in the future: if at all possible, leave the phone switched on while you charge it. I've *never* seen a mobile / cell phone that would only charge while switched off.

>

> And a second piece of advice: change your game account passwords *and* your email account passwords _as a matter of urgence_. Do not wait to see what happens.

It wasn't off for long, maybe an hour at most. It doesn't need to be turned off to charge, but it turned itself off when the battery ran out and I wasn't using it so I didn't turn it on again until after it was done.

I have already changed both passwords so I'm not too concerned about losing either account. But I am curious about which one someone else managed to get hold of.

I would still recommend contacting the CS Team and inquiring; as well as letting them know someone was attempting to compromise one of your accounts. Should a compromise occur, they will have that information on file, and it will be easier to re-obtain access/control of your account(s).

Also, as recommended above, it would be prudent to change the password(s) to the associated email account(s), as well.

Good luck.