messiah.1908

> @"CRrabbit.1284" said:

> > @"messiah.1908" said:

> > here is the tutorial of support rev

> >

> >

> > hope you like it

>

> Tried something very similiar and can feel the power and great potential of healing rev.

> I was able to provide ~8k HPS (yes no kidding, 8000 HP every second) to everyone in the team for at least 20 second (enough for a hot engagement). I would rank healing rev #1 healer of WvW (Both burst healing and sustain healing). As long as I am not down, I am able to maintain my team HP bar at full all the time.

> However, it has a HUGE problem (sometime it's lethal) --- no stun breaker (during healing mode) and reliable source of stability, and no gap closer to disengage the over-hot spot.

> The stability and stun breaker have to completely rely on teammates, If there is sometime teammate's stability runs out or get ripped, Stun = death sentence, protection+drawf = 83% damage reduction plus 3.5k armor + 22k HP sounds awesome but it's still a joke in reality, you will still be melt in 1 second once stunned.

> I am thinking to switch the retribution trait line to invocation. In my exp, with such crazy healing power, the only time my HP drop below 1/2 is becoz of stunned, and if stunned, damage reduction can never save my life but stun breaker can. Invocation at least provide 1 stun breaker every 10 sec which may save my kitten.

> Any thought or exp ?

>

i can feel your pain. BUT the only time you need stun break is when you moved in the wrong direction or if you team get wiped with mesmer perma stun combine with warrior bobble.

with herald you save you heal for 3 sec escape mode, staff with #3 block and #5 to evade. most of the time i can move from 1 side to the other side of the enemy not losing HP at all.

if you want stability take jalis and have fun . you can trait for invocation so each time you swap you gain stability and barriers if around enemies.

so yes i get killed only if i moved too late to get locked with tons of cc. 1 cc hardly bother me much.

retribution give dmg reduction, 25% endurance gain and 33% increase stability duration and condition dmg reduction.

invocation gives mainly stunbreak and bit more regen/stability/protection.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Bezerker.2379" said:

> Honestly, I found retribution works great to keep me alive from hammer revs and deadeyes hitting at range. If someone gets close and it's not a group, then retri is better.

>

> But I run into the same problem. Lack of stability (since they changed retribution dodge trait to only be on successful evade instead of actual dodge), I need stunbreaks more. I have better survival in group fights as invoc than retribution.

>

> That said, once you start getting used to it and know the signs, jalis provides enoguh stab options. It's just not enough for you to be the sole healer.

>

> I run with a scrapper and firebrand combo and the 3 of us are a fairly unstoppable healing group, but I am definitely the easiest to lock down when the group comes through.

rev is not design to be the sole healer although i can imagine less FB and each group take support rev.

the main reason for FB is their stacks of stability. their healing is mehe, regen also mehe and also protection compare to herald. usually i hear in prolong fight the FB shout i have left with nothing while i keep healing and supporting the group.

think of ventari/herald which spread boons to 10 allies so perma protection and regen and swiftness

ventari/jalis for stability and dmg reduction

ventari/mallyx for condi support

> @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> I noticed something. I dont even have enough energy to use Shield for support.

I have found that too. Now I switch to axe OH and use Apothecary gears (since there is no point to build power, but condi can be easily built up), when my team overwhelming I just go to frontline papapapa release my endless conditions and collect some bags. Staff with Ventari and mace/axe with Mallyx/Glint works perfectly for me.

> @"CRrabbit.1284" said:

> > @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > I noticed something. I dont even have enough energy to use Shield for support.

>

> I have found that too. Now I switch to axe OH and use Apothecary gears (since there is no point to build power, but condi can be easily built up), when my team overwhelming I just go to frontline papapapa release my endless conditions and collect some bags. Staff with Ventari and mace/axe with Mallyx/Glint works perfectly for me.

good for you. but i think with full cleric your power dmg is much better than apothecary condi dmg. usually i get 2k dps as a healer with staff AA :D

> @"messiah.1908" said:

> > @"CRrabbit.1284" said:

> > > @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > > I noticed something. I dont even have enough energy to use Shield for support.

> >

> > I have found that too. Now I switch to axe OH and use Apothecary gears (since there is no point to build power, but condi can be easily built up), when my team overwhelming I just go to frontline papapapa release my endless conditions and collect some bags. Staff with Ventari and mace/axe with Mallyx/Glint works perfectly for me.

>

> good for you. but i think with full cleric your power dmg is much better than apothecary condi dmg. usually i get 2k dps as a healer with staff AA :D

The last hit of the AA chain, maybe, on a downed GC ele.

Full cleric only give ~2k power. Max 25 stack might that's 2800 power, on a super GC ele (which will still have 2.1k armor as long as he use full exotic gears) that's 1.3k (only the last hit of AA), if you luckily crit (with only 25% chance, 5% + fury) him, it can barely give you a 2k+ number.

My exp is the staff usually hit under 1k (to most players) , so I switch to condi .

> @"CRrabbit.1284" said:

> > > @"CRrabbit.1284" said:

> > > > @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > > > I noticed something. I dont even have enough energy to use Shield for support.

> > >

> > > I have found that too. Now I switch to axe OH and use Apothecary gears (since there is no point to build power, but condi can be easily built up), when my team overwhelming I just go to frontline papapapa release my endless conditions and collect some bags. Staff with Ventari and mace/axe with Mallyx/Glint works perfectly for me.

> >

> > good for you. but i think with full cleric your power dmg is much better than apothecary condi dmg. usually i get 2k dps as a healer with staff AA :D

>

> The last hit of the AA chain, maybe, on a downed GC ele.

> Full cleric only give ~2k power. Max 25 stack might that's 2800 power, on a super GC ele (which will still have 2.1k armor as long as he use full exotic gears) that's 1.3k (only the last hit of AA), if you luckily crit (with only 25% chance, 5% + fury) him, it can barely give you a 2k+ number.

> My exp is the staff usually hit under 1k (to most players) , so I switch to condi .

and what is your dps?

> @"messiah.1908" said:

> > @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > I noticed something. I dont even have enough energy to use Shield for support.

>

> shield 4 is you main used for team support and you use it after you swap legend.

Could that probably be some energy management issue?

I personally, never had issues with it :\ , @messiah, using shield 4 after legend swap is really good indeed for some e-management, good tip.

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > > I noticed something. I dont even have enough energy to use Shield for support.

> >

> > shield 4 is you main used for team support and you use it after you swap legend.

>

> Could that probably be some energy management issue?

>

> I personally, never had issues with it :\ , @messiah, using shield 4 after legend swap is really good indeed for some e-management, good tip.

how i know i play ventari right way.... i have above 30% nrg most of the time. so dont spam skill and check your team hp. if your FB dead than sure you NRG will be hard to handle but your commander should see it and call for more safe healing movements.

when i use ventari/jalis i might have less nrg... cause jalis focus on dmg reduction and not healing.

i will put some short tips on my new vid . its so easy to use ventari if you have enough FB. the ratio of FB/REV i notice is good for me is if you have 20 man squad with 4 FB you need 1-2 REV. if you have only 3 FB on 20 squad you need 2 REV. 1 ventai/jalis and other ventari/herlad

the FB mainly good for stability and F3 uses

i move with squads which dont approve to put on their communication on youtube . i swear almost any time i hear the FB shout "i left with nothing" while i have stability and protection to give or healing to give.... so yes rev alone wont work but rev is great addition to the team for better sustain and longer fight.

my best total healing outnumbered was above 1m healing on ~2:45 min

> @"Bezerker.2379" said:

> > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > Very cool, but I can't stop hitting people with a hammer.... Hammer Herald is just so fun to play.

>

> Interesting. Whenever I play hammer rev I can never actually hit anyone with my hammer. :P

It isn't easy at first, no question, but with practice you'll find it easier to circle/strafe and land your Hammer 2 and 3s. With DPS boons up, critting for 16-18k is very satisfying. And you're not likely to get trained as much since everyone is always aiming for the Necromancer beside you :)

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > @"Bezerker.2379" said:

> > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > Very cool, but I can't stop hitting people with a hammer.... Hammer Herald is just so fun to play.

> >

> > Interesting. Whenever I play hammer rev I can never actually hit anyone with my hammer. :P

>

> It isn't easy at first, no question, but with practice you'll find it easier to circle/strafe and land your Hammer 2 and 3s. With DPS boons up, critting for 16-18k is very satisfying. And you're not likely to get trained as much since everyone is always aiming for the Necromancer beside you :)

>

rev can have the best dps. but of the time most of the hits will be blocked (aegis, reflect) that you will find yourself killing foe after the first or second clash.

> @"messiah.1908" said:

> > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > @"messiah.1908" said:

> > > > @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > > > I noticed something. I dont even have enough energy to use Shield for support.

> > >

> > > shield 4 is you main used for team support and you use it after you swap legend.

> >

> > Could that probably be some energy management issue?

> >

> > I personally, never had issues with it :\ , @messiah, using shield 4 after legend swap is really good indeed for some e-management, good tip.

>

> how i know i play ventari right way.... i have above 30% nrg most of the time. so dont spam skill and check your team hp. if your FB dead than sure you NRG will be hard to handle but your commander should see it and call for more safe healing movements.

> when i use ventari/jalis i might have less nrg... cause jalis focus on dmg reduction and not healing.

> i will put some short tips on my new vid . its so easy to use ventari if you have enough FB. the ratio of FB/REV i notice is good for me is if you have 20 man squad with 4 FB you need 1-2 REV. if you have only 3 FB on 20 squad you need 2 REV. 1 ventai/jalis and other ventari/herlad

> the FB mainly good for stability and F3 uses

>

> i move with squads which dont approve to put on their communication on youtube . i swear almost any time i hear the FB shout "i left with nothing" while i have stability and protection to give or healing to give.... so yes rev alone wont work but rev is great addition to the team for better sustain and longer fight.

> my best total healing outnumbered was above 1m healing on ~2:45 min

Pretty much similiar with what we found to be helthier on the FB/Rev ratio, 1 decent scourge per party is also what is needed, a few SB to cope with the bubbles on enemy movement, the rest is all about what players feel confy to play and be eficient with the party, also to light up condition bombs sometimes we have a deamon rev, that gives a bit time to hold condis or purge them.

Jalis revs makes wonders :) and makes life easyer for the FB's, atm to many groups expeting to be carried with the scrubs low skill friendly way of stacking scourges, sadly sometimes we need some more FB's, when the enemy has same numbers of scourges alone has many players we have on the whole squad lol :\

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > > @"messiah.1908" said:

> > > > > @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > > > > I noticed something. I dont even have enough energy to use Shield for support.

> > > >

> > > > shield 4 is you main used for team support and you use it after you swap legend.

> > >

> > > Could that probably be some energy management issue?

> > >

> > > I personally, never had issues with it :\ , @messiah, using shield 4 after legend swap is really good indeed for some e-management, good tip.

> >

> > how i know i play ventari right way.... i have above 30% nrg most of the time. so dont spam skill and check your team hp. if your FB dead than sure you NRG will be hard to handle but your commander should see it and call for more safe healing movements.

> > when i use ventari/jalis i might have less nrg... cause jalis focus on dmg reduction and not healing.

> > i will put some short tips on my new vid . its so easy to use ventari if you have enough FB. the ratio of FB/REV i notice is good for me is if you have 20 man squad with 4 FB you need 1-2 REV. if you have only 3 FB on 20 squad you need 2 REV. 1 ventai/jalis and other ventari/herlad

> > the FB mainly good for stability and F3 uses

> >

> > i move with squads which dont approve to put on their communication on youtube . i swear almost any time i hear the FB shout "i left with nothing" while i have stability and protection to give or healing to give.... so yes rev alone wont work but rev is great addition to the team for better sustain and longer fight.

> > my best total healing outnumbered was above 1m healing on ~2:45 min

>

>

> Pretty much similiar with what we found to be helthier on the FB/Rev ratio, 1 decent scourge per party is also what is needed, a few SB to cope with the bubbles on enemy movement, the rest is all about what players feel confy to play and be eficient with the party, also to light up condition bombs sometimes we have a deamon rev, that gives a bit time to hold condis or purge them.

>

> Jalis revs makes wonders :) and makes life easyer for the FB's, atm to many groups expeting to be carried with the scrubs low skill friendly way of stacking scourges, sadly sometimes we need some more FB's, when the enemy has same numbers of scourges alone has many players we have on the whole squad lol :\

for 20 man i would go

commander - FB ,SB, VENTARI/JALIS, SC, MES

2 X FB, SB, SC, REAPER, REV (power)

FB, ELE, SC, REV (power), VENTARI/HERLAD

with commander you get bobble, boon sharing from mesmer/portal/viel, front line healing and dmg reduction which makes it easy to heal (can go with scrapper for more supper speed and condi cleanse if need to and boon proc from cleanse.

midline with 2 bobbles, boon corrupt and high dmg from reaper and power rev

back line with range high dmg and support from ventari sustain healing and burst healing

each part have also SC to bring up barriers.

FB gives around 3k hps, ventari 6k hps , scrapper gives around 4k hps (for me at least). this way the front line and back line ventari can protect better the midline

> @"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:

> Guys, what build are you using ? Zealot or more tanky ?

> The upcoming change of runes of Dwayna made me look at Herald and his already outhoing heal on regeneration (Hope it will work together).

i am using cleric and not ministrel. i dont need the boon duration with herald as facet proc it every 3 sec and with alot of corruption by scourge boon duration is only needed with FB and scrapper mainly for stability and protection.

check my other vids in the channel for build and tutorials

so with the new monk rune with 20% more healing to allies you can have 125% increase healing to allies and another 20% regen

which give you above 1,100 healing per second regen per one ally. i think its the best hps compare to any class out there.

water rune lost its healing when use heal skill and get 1 cleanse every 20 sec which is useless now.

Superior Rune of Dwayna got 20% regen but already monk cover 20% to all healing output.

Superior Rune of the Flock - got the healing every 10 sec but the 20% healing output out heal it.

Superior Rune of the Defender can be nice new choice for self sustain

> @"messiah.1908" said:

> so with** the new monk rune with 20% more healing **to allies you can have 125% increase healing to allies and another 20% regen

>

> which give you above 1,100 healing per second regen per one ally. i think its the best hps compare to any class out there.

>

(...)

20% ?

"increase effectiveness by **1%** for 3 seconds after granting a boon to an ally (up to a maximum of 10 stacks)"

Or assuming the 20% its the 10% from runes + sigil?

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > so with** the new monk rune with 20% more healing **to allies you can have 125% increase healing to allies and another 20% regen

> >

> > which give you above 1,100 healing per second regen per one ally. i think its the best hps compare to any class out there.

> >

> (...)

>

> 20% ?

>

> "increase effectiveness by **1%** for 3 seconds after granting a boon to an ally (up to a maximum of 10 stacks)"

>

>

> Or assuming the 20% its the 10% from runes + sigil?

monk give base 10% plus another 1% for 3 sec for each boon spread . with 1 facet you spread to 5 ppl , with another facer its 10. so another 10%.

if you take trait draconic echo you need only 1 facet. so total of 20% more healing to allies.

so rune 20%

sigil 10%

food 10%

utility 10% (not must)

salvation traits 30%+15%+20% (swap)+ 20% (75% hp) = total of 85%

total of 135% (or 125%)

regen trait 20% (not sure if its additive with the healing effectiveness)

i think the calculation is 1.2X1.35=1.62 more healing to allies

> @"messiah.1908" said:

> > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > @"messiah.1908" said:

> > > so with** the new monk rune with 20% more healing **to allies you can have 125% increase healing to allies and another 20% regen

> > >

> > > which give you above 1,100 healing per second regen per one ally. i think its the best hps compare to any class out there.

> > >

> > (...)

> >

> > 20% ?

> >

> > "increase effectiveness by **1%** for 3 seconds after granting a boon to an ally (up to a maximum of 10 stacks)"

> >

> >

> > Or assuming the 20% its the 10% from runes + sigil?

>

> monk give base 10% plus another 1% for 3 sec for each boon spread . with 1 facet you spread to 5 ppl , with another facer its 10. so another 10%.

> if you take trait draconic echo you need only 1 facet. so total of 20% more healing to allies.

>

> so rune 20%

> sigil 10%

> food 10%

> utility 10% (not must)

> salvation traits 30%+15%+20% (swap)+ 20% (75% hp) = total of 85%

> total of 135% (or 125%)

> regen trait 20% (not sure if its additive with the healing effectiveness)

> i think the calculation is 1.2X1.35=1.62 more healing to allies

OH i tough, 10% was the total of the monk rune possible with the 10 stacks.

with 0 stacks u would have 0% outgoing healing output, with possible 10% on the 10 stacks

So basicly the rune has a passive 10% with possibility to increase to +10% wich is what the rune stacks are doing?

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > > @"messiah.1908" said:

> > > > so with** the new monk rune with 20% more healing **to allies you can have 125% increase healing to allies and another 20% regen

> > > >

> > > > which give you above 1,100 healing per second regen per one ally. i think its the best hps compare to any class out there.

> > > >

> > > (...)

> > >

> > > 20% ?

> > >

> > > "increase effectiveness by **1%** for 3 seconds after granting a boon to an ally (up to a maximum of 10 stacks)"

> > >

> > >

> > > Or assuming the 20% its the 10% from runes + sigil?

> >

> > monk give base 10% plus another 1% for 3 sec for each boon spread . with 1 facet you spread to 5 ppl , with another facer its 10. so another 10%.

> > if you take trait draconic echo you need only 1 facet. so total of 20% more healing to allies.

> >

> > so rune 20%

> > sigil 10%

> > food 10%

> > utility 10% (not must)

> > salvation traits 30%+15%+20% (swap)+ 20% (75% hp) = total of 85%

> > total of 135% (or 125%)

> > regen trait 20% (not sure if its additive with the healing effectiveness)

> > i think the calculation is 1.2X1.35=1.62 more healing to allies

>

> OH i tough, 10% was the total of the monk rune possible with the 10 stacks.

> with 0 stacks u would have 0% outgoing healing output, with possible 10% on the 10 stacks

>

> So basicly the rune has a passive 10% with possibility to increase to +10% wich is what the rune stacks are doing?

+10% Healing Effectiveness to Allies;

increase outgoing healing effectiveness by 1% for 3 seconds after granting a boon to an ally (up to a maximum of 10 stacks).

total of 20%

Superior Rune of Dwayna give 20% regen effectiveness so it also effect you. but only regen. so it may be effective to pvp bunker maybe

Superior Rune of the Earth +10% Incoming Heal Effectiveness - even though it wont give healing state the 10% almost cover it as 175 healing power.