Official Bug Report Thread: LWS4 Episode 4

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The collection "Requiem: Experiment 5" requires you to buy the "Automatic Fire Extinguisher" for 50 Lump of Mistonium, 5 Globs of Ectoplasm, 300 volatile magic and 2 Swim Speed Infusions +1. The Swim Speed Infusions +1 do not exist in the game. This blocks progress in this collection, but also the collection "The Convergence of Sorrow II".

The new mastery skill Bond of Vigor is not keybound. Bond of Life works with my normal heal-skill-keybind, but Bond of Vigor does not answer to my utility-skill-keybind. I have to bind my utility skill back to the 7-key to actually use Bond of Vigor, and somehow I don't find it practical to change my keybinds every time I mount or dismount. :wink:

In the LS4 A Star to Guide Us episodes the mobs turn you into a crystal. As a minion Necromancer this means the next 20 seconds are going to be spent recasting all of my minions. I consider it to be a bug when anything can take a player out of commission for almost half a minute by transforming them and removing 90% of their offensive/defensive abilities.

> @"Locce.8405" said:

> The new mastery skill Bond of Vigor is not keybound. Bond of Life works with my normal heal-skill-keybind, but Bond of Vigor does not answer to my utility-skill-keybind. I have to bind my utility skill back to the 7-key to actually use Bond of Vigor, and somehow I don't find it practical to change my keybinds every time I mount or dismount. :wink:

Mine was bound by default to the "7" key, right next to my heal skill (shrug)

> @"attachi.1792" said:

> Bought "pact survelliance team" (or some similar name) upgrade for Sun's refuge from heart vendor Warmaster Steelburn in new map (cost 5 gold and 500 volatile magic), but have no any differences in my Sun's refuge instance. This is one per account purchase, so it will be bad if it's bugged and won't be fixed retroactively, because I can't buy it again.

SPOILER BELOW:

It adds a place to put runestones that drop off various mobs at the bottom of the map.

> @"Northena.6927" said:

> Update on the Storm Trac> @"Duendy.4873" said:

> > "You can complete the storm tracking quest by not following glint under the gate during the chase phase but by going over one of the whirlwinds on the right of gate and sticking to that path."

> > This worked perfectly for me. Gotta try a couple of time to find the path, but it is there !

>

> This worked for me! Rode to the far right of the instance and jumped over the black swirl thing on the ground and I could progress with the story.

I think it's funny that there are probably 100 reports about the "playable area" bug in Storm Tracking but not one of them mentions that during the "Protect Blish" phase there were no mobs spawning to attack him.

Either way, "playable area" is a horrible idea for an instance, especially when allowed to mount a Raptor that can jump faster than the map can transition.

> @"Muusic.2967" said:

> I think it's funny that there are probably 100 reports about the "playable area" bug in Storm Tracking but not one of them mentions that during the "Protect Blish" phase there were no mobs spawning to attack him.

I did this Solo before the first patch and again with a guildmate after that first patch. playing Solo I was almost overwhelmed at times with just the sheer number of branded everywhere. When I did it again after the patch there where maybe 4 branded in total counting the immune wyvern in the background. So, whatever that issue is, it started after the patch which could be why theres not a lot of reports on it. people are already past that point or had not known it was more than just waiting around killing a branded mob or two.

> @"engaria.4321" said:

> Hiya,

>

> Wondered if anyone else is experiencing the same issue. Every time I have got the NPC down to 5% and try and click her to talk to her (and make my choice), I cannot click her and it kicks me out the game. Anyone got any idea why this could be?

>

> Thanks ^_^

If you're talking about the Deadeye Priestess, then yep, that's exactly what happened to me. It was late and I didn't feel like trying again so I wasn't sure if it's a bug or just a random, bona fide DC. I'll try again today and hope for the best.

> @"Stephen.4938" said:

> Hi, at the Storm Tracking quest after you finished the mist part and you're back at the sunspear refuge. After Caithe shows up and you talk to Braham, taimi, and deadshot girl my game won't progress. Tried looking for Blish but he's nowhere to be found. There are no other "green star dialogues" on the map and the option to leave the instance isn't available. I also wasn't awarded for the completion of the story

BUMP pls - Same with me. Talked with everyone and nothing happens. No reward, No completion. Nice way to end the story. Please fix this bug. Left instance several times, came back in and have to do the talking all over again which ends in the same result of NADA.

Can't even leave the refuge without logging to a new char. Sadly I expect this from these releases now.

> @"Sarpan.9074" said:

> > @"engaria.4321" said:

> > Hiya,

> >

> > Wondered if anyone else is experiencing the same issue. Every time I have got the NPC down to 5% and try and click her to talk to her (and make my choice), I cannot click her and it kicks me out the game. Anyone got any idea why this could be?

> >

> > Thanks ^_^

> If you're talking about the Deadeye Priestess, then yep, that's exactly what happened to me. It was late and I didn't feel like trying again so I wasn't sure if it's a bug or just a random, bona fide DC. I'll try again today and hope for the best.

>

Same issue, except no d/c. Priestess is sitting in the center, 5%, green, makes one comment, then stands there doing nothing. Text still instructs you to "Defeat the Priestess" but there is nothing happening, it just stalled. We finally just left the instance in frustration after several minutes of waiting.

> @"Doo Lally.8594" said:

> > @"Stephen.4938" said:

> > Hi, at the Storm Tracking quest after you finished the mist part and you're back at the sunspear refuge. After Caithe shows up and you talk to Braham, taimi, and deadshot girl my game won't progress. Tried looking for Blish but he's nowhere to be found. There are no other "green star dialogues" on the map and the option to leave the instance isn't available. I also wasn't awarded for the completion of the story

>

> BUMP pls - Same with me. Talked with everyone and nothing happens. No reward, No completion. Nice way to end the story. Please fix this bug. Left instance several times, came back in and have to do the talking all over again which ends in the same result of NADA.

>

> Can't even leave the refuge without logging to a new char. Sadly I expect this from these releases now.

Ty for the fix. Fast turnaround - much appreciated.

> @"Doo Lally.8594" said:

> > @"Doo Lally.8594" said:

> > > @"Stephen.4938" said:

> > > Sadly I expect this from these releases now.

Finishing with a sentence is like this hitting the "off" switch to the attention of a dev. The rest of your post was outstanding, I don't know why you inserted it at the end.

First - The Requiem Armor collection has two bugs, one is at where glove collection step, vendor doesn't sell Mist-Entangled item and the other is at Helm collection step where there are no swim-speed infusion +1.

Second - The race at Jahai Great Hall is bugged for many map, i have to try 6 to 7 instance where the wall is still intact before the race start otherwise it will bugged out and won't crack down when the race begin,

Not sure if I'm missing something, and do not want to start a new thread.

Blish said to run, so was running (Ranger) with horn. Thought perhaps there was some sort of achievement or advancement on grabbing the volatile magic. Missed one, went back for it, died. Restarted from last check point, tried this again but got on a Jackal. Did okay, was following the long green arrows, next thing I know am bring blown back by some fierce wind. Was looking for indicators as what to do, or a counter-magic icon. Kept leaping forward on Jackal but was instead being blown back - then died. (?)

Restarted from last checkpoint. This time am in the sky on broken floating islands. Was flying on griffon and following the volatile magic left by Glint's ghost (I suppose) and this purple wall was moving faster than I was. Was no arrows or star as to where to go, saw no indication as which was to proceed. Kept dying, restarting from last checkpoint, and gave up on the volatile magic and instead flew straight.

The mini map showed nothing but a white- grey texture. Occasionally void rifts would try to suck me in, but kept flapping away. Got ahead quite way to where there was literally nothing there. The wall was on both sides of me and I was trying to keep ahead of it. After some time I died.

Restarted from checkpoint. Took me a few tries of flying out to nothingness when I realized the small exit green indicator was behind me. (!) And so was that purple mass wall. So escaped, and seems to have completed this episode.

What I don't get is we are supposed to protect Blish while these purple branded cones come down. Past experience knows that these would drop over you and freeze you until you, another player, or pet breaks you free. So am dancing around and cannot target a one - only the occasional enemy spawns. Blish says to run, and the green arrow spawns. Okay, why is there no mention that "perhaps I should get the raptor out" while running. Okay, maybe some instances allow mounts, others do not, and most do not allow gliding. Not knowing what sort of instance you're in leaping onto a mount might not be the first thing to come to a player's mount, as many times when wanting to glide you'll end of falling to your death instead.

Okay, so the player is rushing out of the way, not knowing what lies ahead. What is SUPPOSED to happen when being blown back occurs. How does one stay alive? Am assuming the wind blows and the land rips apart, and become floating islands? So you're hopping these islands on a raptor, jackal, or griffon with no indication as to where you're going - and most of us are not going to look behind us to see there's a great purple wall of destruction on your tail. (Mounts do not have rear view mirrors.) So what is supposed to go on? Hopping around the floating islands, often missing one by a lip, and then when you do death comes quicker. If you get lucky and take the ramp of rocks to the left, you still have to go horizontally unless on a griffon. Yet there is no indicator as to what objective or spot you're evading to.

And a few of us do not have the top of the line computer, and on wireless, and there's a tad bit of lag. The game does not care if the player has lag, as it will continue instead of adjust - and the player ends up losing an achievement for dying.

Would like to see a movie of what the various transitions are, so I can see what I am missing here.

Thanks.

¬ Karman

> @"Muusic.2967" said:

> > @"Doo Lally.8594" said:

> > > @"Doo Lally.8594" said:

> > > > @"Stephen.4938" said:

> > > > Sadly I expect this from these releases now.

>

> Finishing with a sentence is like this hitting the "off" switch to the attention of a dev. The rest of your post was outstanding, I don't know why you inserted it at the end.

>

I really can't argue with that observation nor do I care that much other than to post my concluding statement in the other related thread to thank them for a quick response. *Meh*

> @"Muusic.2967" said:

> > @"Locce.8405" said:

> > The new mastery skill Bond of Vigor is not keybound. Bond of Life works with my normal heal-skill-keybind, but Bond of Vigor does not answer to my utility-skill-keybind. I have to bind my utility skill back to the 7-key to actually use Bond of Vigor, and somehow I don't find it practical to change my keybinds every time I mount or dismount. :wink:

>

> Mine was bound by default to the "7" key, right next to my heal skill (shrug)

>

As I have written, if one of my keybinds for that utility skill position is the "7" it works, but if you unbind the "7" key and use a different one instead the mounted keybind does not transfer but is lost instead. So, not even "7" works if "7" is not bound to the seventh skill. I guess if you unbind your "7" and, for example, bind it to "w" instead (like me) you will find the same: that you can not activate the skill by pressing either "7" or "w".

The skill _does_ still work with the numpad 7 (which I have bound that skill slot to for non-combat purposes), but that is a bit out of the way to use it in the heat of a race or similar situations.

Bond of Life does not have the same problem. I can activate it by pressing "Q" just as if it was my regular heal skill.

TL;DR: You have to have your utility skill in that slot bound to either "7" or "7(NUM)", otherwise the keybind for that skill does not work. Which is not how it should work.