there isn't a single meta condition build left

incisorr.9502

> @"ArthurDent.9538" said:

> > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > @"coro.3176" said:

> > > Condi in general is in a bad spot for pvp. It takes longer to kill than power, plus your opponent can cleanse your damage.

> > >

> > > If you land your burst as a power holo, your opponent is dead.

> > > If you land your burst as a power deadeye, your opponent is dead

> > > If you land your burst as a power revenant, your opponent is dead

> > > If you land your burst as a power soulbeast, your opponent is dead

> > > ... etc. etc.

> > >

> > > If you land your burst as a condi engi/ranger/rev/whatever (riskier, harder to do on most classes), your opponent has ~10s to cleanse the condi or get resistance, or get help from a nearby support build, or just turn around and burst you dead with power before they go down, or at worst, sit on the node and stall while the condi ticks.

> > >

> > > Normally, this would be balanced by the availability of tanky gear so that condi can at least survive while they need to reapply their burst again and again. In PvP, the condi/tank amulets have been removed, plus with the amount of burst out there, tanky gear doesn't help much anyway.

> > >

> > > The only builds that are viable are viable not because they use condi, but because they are cheesy in other ways (eg. covering the entire point with scourge aoe, mirage evade spam) in addition to completely overwhelming normal condi cleanse with either constant reapplication (mirage, thief) or huge corrupt/bomb (scourge).

> >

> > Bro most scourges are now power bomb scourges in wvw.they nerfed condi scourge to death, and its the only thing they got besides corrupt boons.

> >

>

> Bro wrong forum.

This goes for WVW too.More power bombing than condi bombing.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well with firebrands and decent warriors(shake it off, clears like 5 condis i think from yourself and allies) in almost every game, clearing condis from one source isnt so diffacult any more. But if you got 2 scourges or 2 of any condi dpser its practically immpossible to have enough clearing.

I feel condi is still very strong its just not a free kill if they land all there condis any more. Like power classes they have to work alittle more now....however there are exception tp this like mesmer that class can put out an enormous amount of confusion, ans since confusion doesnt have an icd i feel its still really really powerful.

> @"Eddbopkins.2630" said:

> Well with firebrands and decent warriors(shake it off, clears like 5 condis i think from yourself and allies) in almost every game, clearing condis from one source isnt so diffacult any more. But if you got 2 scourges or 2 of any condi dpser its practically immpossible to have enough clearing.

> I feel condi is still very strong its just not a free kill if they land all there condis any more. Like power classes they have to work alittle more now....however there are exception tp this like mesmer that class can put out an enormous amount of confusion, ans since confusion doesnt have an icd i feel its still really really powerful.

Right, but like .. why bother when it's easier and faster to kill with power and you'll be just as squishy either way?

> @"coro.3176" said:

> > @"Eddbopkins.2630" said:

> > Well with firebrands and decent warriors(shake it off, clears like 5 condis i think from yourself and allies) in almost every game, clearing condis from one source isnt so diffacult any more. But if you got 2 scourges or 2 of any condi dpser its practically immpossible to have enough clearing.

> > I feel condi is still very strong its just not a free kill if they land all there condis any more. Like power classes they have to work alittle more now....however there are exception tp this like mesmer that class can put out an enormous amount of confusion, ans since confusion doesnt have an icd i feel its still really really powerful.

>

> Right, but like .. why bother when it's easier and faster to kill with power and you'll be just as squishy either way?

I completely agree...power all the way.

> @"incisorr.9502" said:

> scourge without support is garbage and support is a 2nd person, by that logic u can prolly make ele with grieving amulet work or something

>

> scourge and mesmer aren't good outside of your 1300 elo where u cant play so u dont know what mesmer does and how to counter it

What the hell are you talking about?! Scourge is still considered pillar of most competitive play. It still significantly problematic to for all melee classes. And as far as I remember (this may have changed last 2-3 weeks) all the highest ranked necros are playing scourge.

And condi mirage is still the best decaper.

They are more inline compared to six month ago, but unquestionably are on the top of meta viability.

That does not mean the original post is wrong. No other condi build is remotely viable in any form.

If you play condi you need to have superior sustain than power just to outlive burst and have any chance to finish opponent with slower damage. Currently condi builds are not having any adventage in that regard. There is no defensive condi amulets. And few people are running toughnes in pvp so there goes second adventage of condi.

The truth is if you play condi you are cutting your own damage for no reason

> @"Virelion.4128" said:

> If you play condi you need to have superior sustain than power just to outlive burst and have any chance to finish opponent with slower damage. Currently condi builds are not having any adventage in that regard. There is no defensive condi amulets. And few people are running toughnes in pvp so there goes second adventage of condi.

>

> The truth is if you play condi you are cutting your own damage for no reason

??????

Dodge the power?

Protection?

Every other possible source of damage mitigation?

> @"SoulSin.5682" said:

> > @"Virelion.4128" said:

> > If you play condi you need to have superior sustain than power just to outlive burst and have any chance to finish opponent with slower damage. Currently condi builds are not having any adventage in that regard. There is no defensive condi amulets. And few people are running toughnes in pvp so there goes second adventage of condi.

> >

> > The truth is if you play condi you are cutting your own damage for no reason

>

> ??????

>

> Dodge the power?

> Protection?

> Every other possible source of damage mitigation?

>

You're missing the point. Yeah, you can dodge the power. Yeah, you can get protection. The fact is though, you have to dodge/block/protect for up to 15s or more while you wait for your condi to tick. In this time, your power build opponents have time to 1. cleanse the condi, 2. get resistance, 3. counterattack and kill you, 4. stall on the point.

These are huge disadvantages in PvP.

Given that both condi and power are equally squishy, you're better off just playing power because instead of dealing with the above burst/defend/wait/reapply/wait, you just hit your opponent once and they die instantly.

> @"coro.3176" said:

> Condi in general is in a bad spot for pvp. It takes longer to kill than power, plus your opponent can cleanse your damage.

>

> If you land your burst as a power holo, your opponent is dead.

> If you land your burst as a power deadeye, your opponent is dead

> If you land your burst as a power revenant, your opponent is dead

> If you land your burst as a power soulbeast, your opponent is dead

> ... etc. etc.

>

> If you land your burst as a condi engi/ranger/rev/whatever (riskier, harder to do on most classes), your opponent has ~10s to cleanse the condi or get resistance, or get help from a nearby support build, or just turn around and burst you dead with power before they go down, or at worst, sit on the node and stall while the condi ticks.

>

> Normally, this would be balanced by the availability of tanky gear so that condi can at least survive while they need to reapply their burst again and again. In PvP, the condi/tank amulets have been removed, plus with the amount of burst out there, tanky gear doesn't help much anyway.

>

> The only builds that are viable are viable not because they use condi, but because they are cheesy in other ways (eg. covering the entire point with scourge aoe, mirage evade spam) in addition to completely overwhelming normal condi cleanse with either constant reapplication (mirage, thief) or huge corrupt/bomb (scourge).

10seconds to cleanse? Are you crazy? Maybe 1-2 seconds max and then it's all reapplied to you anyway.

> @"coro.3176" said:

> > @"SoulSin.5682" said:

> > > @"Virelion.4128" said:

> > > If you play condi you need to have superior sustain than power just to outlive burst and have any chance to finish opponent with slower damage. Currently condi builds are not having any adventage in that regard. There is no defensive condi amulets. And few people are running toughnes in pvp so there goes second adventage of condi.

> > >

> > > The truth is if you play condi you are cutting your own damage for no reason

> >

> > ??????

> >

> > Dodge the power?

> > Protection?

> > Every other possible source of damage mitigation?

> >

>

> (...)The fact is though, you have to dodge/block/protect for up to 15s or more while you wait for your condi to tick.(...)

I agree with most of your points except this one. Get hit by one of mirages condi bursts and you die just as quickly as when a power burst hits you. Same went with scourge once. **That** is the problem with the current condi builds. And because everyone packs cleanses for these two classes, other condition builds are pretty much unviable (not unplayable, but never even close to meta).

Therefor: Tune down mirages condi application intervals/burst, then reduce overall cleanses. The amount of both has to be discussed though.

> @"coro.3176" said:

> > > @"Virelion.4128" said:

> > > If you play condi you need to have superior sustain than power just to outlive burst and have any chance to finish opponent with slower damage. Currently condi builds are not having any adventage in that regard. There is no defensive condi amulets. And few people are running toughnes in pvp so there goes second adventage of condi.

> > >

> > > The truth is if you play condi you are cutting your own damage for no reason

> >

> > ??????

> >

> > Dodge the power?

> > Protection?

> > Every other possible source of damage mitigation?

> >

>

> You're missing the point. Yeah, you can dodge the power. Yeah, you can get protection. The fact is though, you have to dodge/block/protect for up to 15s or more while you wait for your condi to tick. In this time, your power build opponents have time to 1. cleanse the condi, 2. get resistance, 3. counterattack and kill you, 4. stall on the point.

>

> These are huge disadvantages in PvP.

>

> Given that both condi and power are equally squishy, you're better off just playing power because instead of dealing with the above burst/defend/wait/reapply/wait, you just hit your opponent once and they die instantly.

I don't really believe I am the only one "missing the point". But yes...

The whole point of Condi Damage is that you don't need to keep fighting someone for 15 seconds. You just waste their cleanses, condi burst then and hide until they die.

Reaplying the condi whenever possible.

Related to your points:

1. Cleanse the condi: this is a strategical problem. This depends a lot on who you are fighting against: There ARE classes that have so much access to condi cleanse that makes they almost downright impossible to beat with condi damage, bu there are classes that literally MELT to it since they have nothing good in the department. In a general way you can tick something on the to force then to clean and precede to brust condi then. This is specially feasible since the cooldown of the majority of condi skills is LOWER than the majority of cleanses.

2. Resistence is great and all but: can be corrupted into paralyzis, it doesn't really clean the conditions and most classes don't have that much access to it. Warrioers have great access to Resistence but you can still break through it. Most of the time if I have to choose between resistence and cleanse, I will take cleanse.

3. Counterattack and kill you: that's up to you really. I don't remember a single burst build that can finish a smart player that fast, save the stealth-WI ranger troll build.

4. Stall on point: I don't know why you even listed this, you are aware that "stalling" is everything that a condi build wishes for right? Time is at your goddam side.

Keep in mid that yes, majority of Meta builds currently are power. But as a lot of people mentioned, Condi Mesmer and Condi Scourge are still pretty darn good. At very least, better and Power Mesmer (argueable, yes) and Power Scourge (that's terrible).

Condi Berserker, Condi Daredevil, Condi Reaper, Condi Enginner, Condi Renegade/Rev, Burn Guard and Condi Ranger are indeed not meta right now for a myriad of reasons, but the builds still work.

> @"SoulSin.5682" said:

> > @"coro.3176" said:

> > > @"SoulSin.5682" said:

> > > > @"Virelion.4128" said:

> > > > If you play condi you need to have superior sustain than power just to outlive burst and have any chance to finish opponent with slower damage. Currently condi builds are not having any adventage in that regard. There is no defensive condi amulets. And few people are running toughnes in pvp so there goes second adventage of condi.

> > > >

> > > > The truth is if you play condi you are cutting your own damage for no reason

> > >

> > > ??????

> > >

> > > Dodge the power?

> > > Protection?

> > > Every other possible source of damage mitigation?

> > >

> >

> > You're missing the point. Yeah, you can dodge the power. Yeah, you can get protection. The fact is though, you have to dodge/block/protect for up to 15s or more while you wait for your condi to tick. In this time, your power build opponents have time to 1. cleanse the condi, 2. get resistance, 3. counterattack and kill you, 4. stall on the point.

> >

> > These are huge disadvantages in PvP.

> >

> > Given that both condi and power are equally squishy, you're better off just playing power because instead of dealing with the above burst/defend/wait/reapply/wait, you just hit your opponent once and they die instantly.

>

> I don't really believe I am the only one "missing the point". But yes...

>

> The whole point of Condi Damage is that you don't need to keep fighting someone for 15 seconds. You just waste their cleanses, condi burst then and hide until they die.

> Reaplying the condi whenever possible.

>

> Related to your points:

> 1. Cleanse the condi: this is a strategical problem. This depends a lot on who you are fighting against: There ARE classes that have so much access to condi cleanse that makes they almost downright impossible to beat with condi damage, bu there are classes that literally MELT to it since they have nothing good in the department. In a general way you can tick something on the to force then to clean and precede to brust condi then. This is specially feasible since the cooldown of the majority of condi skills is LOWER than the majority of cleanses.

> 2. Resistence is great and all but: can be corrupted into paralyzis, it doesn't really clean the conditions and most classes don't have that much access to it. Warrioers have great access to Resistence but you can still break through it. Most of the time if I have to choose between resistence and cleanse, I will take cleanse.

> 3. Counterattack and kill you: that's up to you really. I don't remember a single burst build that can finish a smart player that fast, save the stealth-WI ranger troll build.

> 4. Stall on point: I don't know why you even listed this, you are aware that "stalling" is everything that a condi build wishes for right? Time is at your kitten side.

>

>

> Keep in mid that yes, majority of Meta builds currently are power. But as a lot of people mentioned, Condi Mesmer and Condi Scourge are still pretty darn good. At very least, better and Power Mesmer (argueable, yes) and Power Scourge (that's terrible).

>

> Condi Berserker, Condi Daredevil, Condi Reaper, Condi Enginner, Condi Renegade/Rev, Burn Guard and Condi Ranger are indeed not meta right now for a myriad of reasons, but the builds still work.

In this meta the only thing that matters is how much burst you have and how much burst or rather how often you can mitigate burst ftom other ppl.

If you have passive proc of some kind of immunity you are ahead against burst otherwise you need to not get hit.

The condi burst which you are mentioning has one clear disadventage. Can be nullyfied after it hit. Also the only meta class that can apply such combo is confusion mesmer. Scourge does not have a lot of burst right now due to dhuumfire nerf.

> @"Sinful.2165" said:

> Lol at the misinformation happening in this thread by some posters.

>

> Condi is extremely strong and doesn’t take any longer than power to burst someone down. I’ve died quicker to confusion than most power builds can down me. Let’s not get it twisted or spread false info.

That's only mirage though. And scourge was like that.

The title should be renamed to "there is a single meta condition build left". :lol:

> @"Sinful.2165" said:

> Lol at the misinformation happening in this thread by some posters.

>

> Condi is extremely strong and doesn’t take any longer than power to burst someone down. I’ve died quicker to confusion than most power builds can down me. Let’s not get it twisted or spread false info.

such misinformation

you didn't post any arguments or facts you just said " its a lie"

lmao, there's condi mesmer which loses to all the current meta classes and thats it, which is what i said

> @"incisorr.9502" said:

> > @"Sinful.2165" said:

> > Lol at the misinformation happening in this thread by some posters.

> >

> > Condi is extremely strong and doesn’t take any longer than power to burst someone down. I’ve died quicker to confusion than most power builds can down me. Let’s not get it twisted or spread false info.

>

>

> such misinformation

>

> you didn't post any arguments or facts you just said " its a lie"

>

> lmao, there's condi mesmer which loses to all the current meta classes and thats it, which is what i said

Where did YOU post any facts ?

YOU "believe" condi is weak current meta. Everyone "believe's" you are wrong.

> @"SoulSin.5682" said:

> > @"incisorr.9502" said:

> > > @"Sinful.2165" said:

> > > Lol at the misinformation happening in this thread by some posters.

> > >

> > > Condi is extremely strong and doesn’t take any longer than power to burst someone down. I’ve died quicker to confusion than most power builds can down me. Let’s not get it twisted or spread false info.

> >

> >

> > such misinformation

> >

> > you didn't post any arguments or facts you just said " its a lie"

> >

> > lmao, there's condi mesmer which loses to all the current meta classes and thats it, which is what i said

>

> Where did YOU post any facts ?

>

> YOU "believe" condi is weak current meta. Everyone "believe's" you are wrong.

facts

> all condi removals were buffed and increased the number of conditions removed

> they nerfed mesmer condi duration

> they nerfed mesmer stamina which is required for condi application

> condi guard is dead cus it gets countered by heavy cleanse and they buffed cleanse since pof. Id know cus i played hybrid /burn guard before it and it worked but now it doesnt cus its too easy to get rid of burns

> condi ele has the same problem as condi guard

> condi engineer needs explosions and firearms else you dont output enough dmg and they removed condition removal from elixir traits and nerfed the protection in it so elixir traits are no longer good enough to give you some defense (i'd know cus i also played this b4 pof) and going inventions isnt enough. On top of that it suffers from constant fb projectile block in team fights

> condi ranger is bad cus it cant survive in melee and the ranger version (which yes, i also played) has the problem with guard blocks and for some reason they also decided to nerf skirmishing trait for bleed app on criticals plus the ranged condi version was already suffering cus u cant get enough dmg+ cleanse + protection at the same time so you'd either die to condis or to broken stuff like guard and rev

all condi builds were nerfed directly or indirectly while power was repeatedly buffed

> @"incisorr.9502" said:

> > > @"incisorr.9502" said:

> > > > @"Sinful.2165" said:

> > > > Lol at the misinformation happening in this thread by some posters.

> > > >

> > > > Condi is extremely strong and doesn’t take any longer than power to burst someone down. I’ve died quicker to confusion than most power builds can down me. Let’s not get it twisted or spread false info.

> > >

> > >

> > > such misinformation

> > >

> > > you didn't post any arguments or facts you just said " its a lie"

> > >

> > > lmao, there's condi mesmer which loses to all the current meta classes and thats it, which is what i said

> >

> > Where did YOU post any facts ?

> >

> > YOU "believe" condi is weak current meta. Everyone "believe's" you are wrong.

>

> facts

>

> > all condi removals were buffed and increased the number of conditions removed

> > they nerfed mesmer condi duration

> > they nerfed mesmer stamina which is required for condi application

> > condi guard is dead cus it gets countered by heavy cleanse and they buffed cleanse since pof. Id know cus i played hybrid /burn guard before it and it worked but now it doesnt cus its too easy to get rid of burns

> > condi ele has the same problem as condi guard

> > condi engineer needs explosions and firearms else you dont output enough dmg and they removed condition removal from elixir traits and nerfed the protection in it so elixir traits are no longer good enough to give you some defense (i'd know cus i also played this b4 pof) and going inventions isnt enough. On top of that it suffers from constant fb projectile block in team fights

> > condi ranger is bad cus it cant survive in melee and the ranger version (which yes, i also played) has the problem with guard blocks and for some reason they also decided to nerf skirmishing trait for bleed app on criticals plus the ranged condi version was already suffering cus u cant get enough dmg+ cleanse + protection at the same time so you'd either die to condis or to broken stuff like guard and rev

>

> all condi builds were nerfed directly or indirectly while power was repeatedly buffed

Yeah, condi mirage was nerfed, it definitely is less oppressive nowadays. It is still strong enough to kick any build without proper cleanses or condi mitigation out of the game.

I repeat: **Apart from condi mirage** (and maybe condi scourge in coordinated teams), I agree with you completely. Any other condi build has a very very hard time. It's a sad situation, but Anet has been refusing to fix this for months, so...

> @"Megametzler.5729" said:

> > @"incisorr.9502" said:

> > > @"SoulSin.5682" said:

> > > > @"incisorr.9502" said:

> > > > > @"Sinful.2165" said:

> > > > > Lol at the misinformation happening in this thread by some posters.

> > > > >

> > > > > Condi is extremely strong and doesn’t take any longer than power to burst someone down. I’ve died quicker to confusion than most power builds can down me. Let’s not get it twisted or spread false info.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > such misinformation

> > > >

> > > > you didn't post any arguments or facts you just said " its a lie"

> > > >

> > > > lmao, there's condi mesmer which loses to all the current meta classes and thats it, which is what i said

> > >

> > > Where did YOU post any facts ?

> > >

> > > YOU "believe" condi is weak current meta. Everyone "believe's" you are wrong.

> >

> > facts

> >

> > > all condi removals were buffed and increased the number of conditions removed

> > > they nerfed mesmer condi duration

> > > they nerfed mesmer stamina which is required for condi application

> > > condi guard is dead cus it gets countered by heavy cleanse and they buffed cleanse since pof. Id know cus i played hybrid /burn guard before it and it worked but now it doesnt cus its too easy to get rid of burns

> > > condi ele has the same problem as condi guard

> > > condi engineer needs explosions and firearms else you dont output enough dmg and they removed condition removal from elixir traits and nerfed the protection in it so elixir traits are no longer good enough to give you some defense (i'd know cus i also played this b4 pof) and going inventions isnt enough. On top of that it suffers from constant fb projectile block in team fights

> > > condi ranger is bad cus it cant survive in melee and the ranger version (which yes, i also played) has the problem with guard blocks and for some reason they also decided to nerf skirmishing trait for bleed app on criticals plus the ranged condi version was already suffering cus u cant get enough dmg+ cleanse + protection at the same time so you'd either die to condis or to broken stuff like guard and rev

> >

> > all condi builds were nerfed directly or indirectly while power was repeatedly buffed

>

> Yeah, condi mirage was nerfed, it definitely is less oppressive nowadays. It is still strong enough to kick any build without proper cleanses or condi mitigation out of the game.

>

> I repeat: **Apart from condi mirage** (and maybe condi scourge in coordinated teams), I agree with you completely. Any other condi build has a very very hard time. It's a sad situation, but Anet has been refusing to fix this for months, so...

>

>

Well it is you guys fault, i mean you guys QQed for months about condi meta for a while and about how strong and oppresive it was.

> @"Axl.8924" said:

> > @"Megametzler.5729" said:

> > > @"incisorr.9502" said:

> > > > @"SoulSin.5682" said:

> > > > > @"incisorr.9502" said:

> > > > > > @"Sinful.2165" said:

> > > > > > Lol at the misinformation happening in this thread by some posters.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Condi is extremely strong and doesn’t take any longer than power to burst someone down. I’ve died quicker to confusion than most power builds can down me. Let’s not get it twisted or spread false info.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > such misinformation

> > > > >

> > > > > you didn't post any arguments or facts you just said " its a lie"

> > > > >

> > > > > lmao, there's condi mesmer which loses to all the current meta classes and thats it, which is what i said

> > > >

> > > > Where did YOU post any facts ?

> > > >

> > > > YOU "believe" condi is weak current meta. Everyone "believe's" you are wrong.

> > >

> > > facts

> > >

> > > > all condi removals were buffed and increased the number of conditions removed

> > > > they nerfed mesmer condi duration

> > > > they nerfed mesmer stamina which is required for condi application

> > > > condi guard is dead cus it gets countered by heavy cleanse and they buffed cleanse since pof. Id know cus i played hybrid /burn guard before it and it worked but now it doesnt cus its too easy to get rid of burns

> > > > condi ele has the same problem as condi guard

> > > > condi engineer needs explosions and firearms else you dont output enough dmg and they removed condition removal from elixir traits and nerfed the protection in it so elixir traits are no longer good enough to give you some defense (i'd know cus i also played this b4 pof) and going inventions isnt enough. On top of that it suffers from constant fb projectile block in team fights

> > > > condi ranger is bad cus it cant survive in melee and the ranger version (which yes, i also played) has the problem with guard blocks and for some reason they also decided to nerf skirmishing trait for bleed app on criticals plus the ranged condi version was already suffering cus u cant get enough dmg+ cleanse + protection at the same time so you'd either die to condis or to broken stuff like guard and rev

> > >

> > > all condi builds were nerfed directly or indirectly while power was repeatedly buffed

> >

> > Yeah, condi mirage was nerfed, it definitely is less oppressive nowadays. It is still strong enough to kick any build without proper cleanses or condi mitigation out of the game.

> >

> > I repeat: **Apart from condi mirage** (and maybe condi scourge in coordinated teams), I agree with you completely. Any other condi build has a very very hard time. It's a sad situation, but Anet has been refusing to fix this for months, so...

> >

> >

>

> Well it is you guys fault, i mean you guys QQed for months about condi meta for a while and about how strong and oppresive it was.

People complained about condi mirage and about condi scourge... the two classes that are still viable on condi...^^