Desert Fox - Food (answered so spoiler contained)

Randulf.7614

One of the items available from a Heart Vendor (I think the Chantry of Secrets heart) after completing it was a meat bundle item that after double clicking it from my inventory allowed me to ground target and throw it (with a recharge of like a minute or something weirdly long). Nothing happened when I threw it on the ground, so I just shrugged and figured I'd wait and see if somebody else figured out what it's for. Now I'm thinking that the bundle is for this animal, and there might be more animals hidden throughout the map, but I won't be able to test it out for about another 2 hours.

> @"pinerider.1950" said:

> One of the items available from a Heart Vendor (I think the Chantry of Secrets heart) after completing it was a meat bundle item that after double clicking it from my inventory allowed me to ground target and throw it (with a recharge of like a minute or something weirdly long). Nothing happened when I threw it on the ground, so I just shrugged and figured I'd wait and see if somebody else figured out what it's for. Now I'm thinking that the bundle is for this animal, and there might be more animals hidden throughout the map, but I won't be able to test it out for about another 2 hours.

I'll investigate that possibility

Oh this is great! I have to go test my Smelly Steak on that.

... darn it I tried but something attacked me right after I equipped the steak, I couldn't use the steak in combat, and swapping to weapons consumed the steak.

And now I don't remember where I bought the steak. Apparently not at the Pact heart. edit: Chantry heart it is. But the steak does not work on that fox.

You can feed the fox with food from Yatendi Village (the same food you give to the hungry NPCs when doing the heart).

You can grab a food bundle, teleport to Venta Pass, and run to the fox with your mount. Just make sure not to drop the food bundle on the way.

EDIT: When you've fed the fox, he will appear in your Sun's Refuge instance and become a permanent resident there. You also get a nice Desert Fox mini!

> @"Hevoskuuri.3891" said:

> You can feed the fox with food from Yatendi Village (the same food you give to the hungry NPCs when doing the heart).

>

> You can grab a food bundle, teleport to Venta Pass, and run to the fox with your mount. Just make sure not to drop the food bundle on the way.

>

> EDIT: When you've fed the fox, he will appear in your Sun's Refuge instance and become a permanent resident there. You also get a nice Desert Fox mini!

That was my first idea, but after I did the heart, all the food had gone so I couldn't try it. I'll try again tomorrow then.

Thanks for that!