Would you like elite specialization to not be so restricitive?

Lucius.2140

Would you like elite specialization gameplay mechanics to be free of the traitline, weapons and skills they give you and to have said traitlines, weapons and skills available for any elite/core specialization you chose?

The elite spec could be chose in another space and could have at least one elite spec by class, having also an elite spec per class that don't change but add the main class mechanic.

As the poll is confusing as all get out to me, here's my thing.

The only thing I want free of the elite specs is the ability to equip the weapons. If I fully complete, as in pump all those hero points into it to completion, I would like to have the ability to equip that weapon and not have to use the elite spec. If I unlock rifle on thief, I should be able to use the rifle (give it either Warrior's or Engi's skills) and if I want to use the Deadeye skills, I have to have Deadeye slotted to do it. I understand they'd probably want to tailor make unique skills per profession but it's a bit frustrating to go through that work and realize you don't like the elite spec but would like to use the weapon.

I don't know how many times I've gone back to my turret build engi for jumping puzzles, go to equip sword/shield and then remember, oh yeah, I have to completely undo the turret build to accommodate holosmith because while I like a sword/shield engi, I'm gated into what I can do with my build if I want that. I know it will probably never happen but even back in HoT I found it ridiculous to give us more weapon options but completely lock them to a spec.