Superior Sigil of Nullification [Merged]

Kirkas.1430

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > > > But yes it's all about opinion and now just comes down to a choice.. do you make the armour or wait until it becomes less relevant or less impactful to you over time... or pass on it entirely of course.

> > > > >

> > > > > That was always the choice which it came down to. Some people are simply unsatisfied with having to make that choice.

> > > >

> > > > And some ppl are incapable of understanding that the choice is anet's to control . . .

> > >

> > > No it is not, Arenanet can affect the parameters but the choice is and always has been a persons personal one unless Arenanet changes the parameters to literally make it impossible or close to impossible to achieve a desired result. Affecting choice =/= making it, unless as mentioned the choice given is a farce, which it is not in this case.

> > >

> > > An expensive (and not even most expensive at that) choice is not impossible, far from it. So it comes down to personal choice IF you want to spend the required amount of gold.

> > >

> > > By now price has been quite stable and the flipped stock will likely have been consumed (actually a few days ago probably) so players can now decide: do they want to spend x amount of gold on these skins or not. This choice was always available at every point in time at different price points. The fact that no hot fix was implemented indicates that Arenanet are fine with the total price, at least enough to not address it. Now live with that fact and deal with it, it's not going to change in the near future.

> >

> > Like I said before, it comes to supporting Anet, if this sort of stuff angers you, you have the choice to either buy gems or not by gems.

> >

> > Personally, I don’t like this sort of behaviour to be supported, hence they won’t be getting my money(which they did before). The players do hold a considerable amount of power. If the community becomes unhappy, they will refuse to spend their hard earned RL money to support these sorts of things. In the long run that hurts Anet.

>

> True, and it makes sense to vote with your wallet. I'm not some one to tell others what to like or dislike, I just don't like having hyperbole thrown around with incorrect use of terminology.

>

> It makes fact checking murkier, understanding what is happening harder and in general leaves less experienced or knowledgeable people at a disadvantage or with an incorrect opinion.

>

> It is fine to be angry or displeased with how this collection was added if you feel that way. It is fine to assume things like Arenanet wanting to encourage gem sales. But please understand the difference between cause and effect and the terminology used (not you specifically but in general).

Yeah, it comes down to player choice. Everyone has an individual choice here. For me, I don’t want Anet to get the impression that I support this type of design. Hence I won’t fund them.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> >

> > Availability ... and NO data we have access to will tell you if that's in a good place or not.

>

> Then in the absence of data we must resort to extrapolation.

>

> Sigils that can be crafted from harvestable/salvageable mats, or mats purchased off the TP + Sigils available for purchase from NPC vendors.

> vs.

> Sigil that can only be obtained by hitting LV 64, random result from putting 4 sigils in the Mystic Forge, or salvageable from Exotic weapons that drop randomly in game.

>

> You need 25 sigils in order to complete a collection that is available to any player who engages in the LS content.

>

> Using the info I posted above, which I believe is irrefutable (please supply corrections if I've erred), and being completely objective, is the Sigil of Nullification in a "good place or not"?

>

>

You may want to define what “a good place” means as that too is fairly subjective. Or rather, be more specific.

* Is it in a good place for brand new players and/or for those leveling new characters to make a little more gold? Yes.

* Is it in a good place for the economy? Yes.

* Is it in a good place for players that want them now who value _high_ price as an issue to them? No.

If the sigils were just for the armour skins I wouldn't give a toss as it's ugly and I'll never use it BUT it pisses me off that the cost is preventing me completing a collection for AP's and consequently other achievements linked to it. The convergence of Sorrow II requiem is worth 10AP's and is needed for the main A Star To Guide Us mastery which is needed to complete the palawa staff collection achievement. So this issue isn't just affecting getting pointless skins but game progression, especially as the longer you play the harder it is to get AP's - its already next to impossible to get the required AP's to finish the Hellfire set without adding further hindrances.

> @"ShaunIOW.1672" said:

> If the sigils were just for the armour skins I wouldn't give a toss as it's ugly and I'll never use it BUT it pisses me off that the cost is preventing me completing a collection for AP's and consequently other achievements linked to it. The convergence of Sorrow II requiem is worth 10AP's and is needed for the main A Star To Guide Us mastery which is needed to complete the palawa staff collection achievement. So this issue isn't just affecting getting pointless skins but game progression, especially as the longer you play the harder it is to get AP's - its already next to impossible to get the required AP's to finish the Hellfire set without adding further hindrances.

The collections tied to it don’t give AP.

There are more than enough achievement for the episode to complete that mastery achievement without doing this one.

TP barons and the people who logged in earliest post-patch got a hold of the existing supply and made major bank.

The current price is what players are willing to pay for it and despite complaints about the supply given the GW2Efficiency numbers, I'm willing to bet many of those thousands of accounts also have tons of tomes of knowledge a vast magnitude over the current ~325K number being thrown around for the sigils needed VS current demand.

Not counting the ones GW2Efficiency doesn't know about. The current supply on the TP isn't reflective of the actual supply or the fact that thousands of players can conjure up the sigils with their tomes.

It sucks that the process is convoluted and that savvy players are going to take advantage of that, but that's the market for you. You don't have to pay that though. It's a convenience fee imposed by the players on other players.

Part of me wants Anet to intervene... but is that a precedent you want to set? Player outrage dictating the market? GW2 has a pretty great economy overall, we (and Anet) probably don't want to screw that up.

> @"Pirindolo.9427" said:

> See? I told you guys. Everything is working as intended, and there won't be any changes. Never.

They could still change their mind and intervene but yeah the Oct 2nd patch didn't change anything. Still wouldn't say never, but I get you're being cheeky because that particular day didn't pan out. Cheers.

I don't want to admit it, but I don't think anet is gonna change this anytime soon -.- I literally have everything except the stupid sigils and my friend makes an extremely good point, "If ArenaNet can't even balance your staff elementalist what makes you think they can balance trading post prices." :'( So I guess I'm farming silverwastes and having my sylvari dance on the corner of divinity's reach for tips to afford it. The best I can hope for is that I get Arc to drop from some champ bags...rng is stupid.

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> >

> > Availability ... and NO data we have access to will tell you if that's in a good place or not.

>

> Then in the absence of data we must resort to extrapolation.

>

> Sigils that can be crafted from harvestable/salvageable mats, or mats purchased off the TP + Sigils available for purchase from NPC vendors.

> vs.

> Sigil that can only be obtained by hitting LV 64, random result from putting 4 sigils in the Mystic Forge, or salvageable from Exotic weapons that drop randomly in game.

>

> You need 25 sigils in order to complete a collection that is available to any player who engages in the LS content.

>

> Using the info I posted above, which I believe is irrefutable (please supply corrections if I've erred), and being completely objective, is the Sigil of Nullification in a "good place or not"?

>

>

I don't know and it doesn't matter; being in 'academic' mode to justify changes to the game because you have to extrapolate makes little sense to me. In the end, we actually play this game, not analyze it like a business case ... so the real analysis is more practical.

This is what I know:

1. All players have the choice to buy the sigils for this gear.

2. The barrier isn't availability (not yet anyways); it's cost. This isn't an exception case. That's true for most of the gear in this game.

3. We don't have enough data to suggest one way or the other if things are 'in a good place' ... unless you have an agenda to push.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"ShaunIOW.1672" said:

> > If the sigils were just for the armour skins I wouldn't give a toss as it's ugly and I'll never use it BUT it pisses me off that the cost is preventing me completing a collection for AP's and consequently other achievements linked to it. The convergence of Sorrow II requiem is worth 10AP's and is needed for the main A Star To Guide Us mastery which is needed to complete the palawa staff collection achievement. So this issue isn't just affecting getting pointless skins but game progression, especially as the longer you play the harder it is to get AP's - its already next to impossible to get the required AP's to finish the Hellfire set without adding further hindrances.

>

> The collections tied to it don’t give AP.

>

> There are more than enough achievement for the episode to complete that mastery achievement without doing this one.

10 APs for the requiem collection, and there aren't enough to finish the main mastery as some of the achievements rely on speed and dexterity which precludes me due to arthritis in my hands, so i can forget the griffin ring events and the run around one.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > >

> > > Availability ... and NO data we have access to will tell you if that's in a good place or not.

> >

> > Then in the absence of data we must resort to extrapolation.

> >

> > Sigils that can be crafted from harvestable/salvageable mats, or mats purchased off the TP + Sigils available for purchase from NPC vendors.

> > vs.

> > Sigil that can only be obtained by hitting LV 64, random result from putting 4 sigils in the Mystic Forge, or salvageable from Exotic weapons that drop randomly in game.

> >

> > You need 25 sigils in order to complete a collection that is available to any player who engages in the LS content.

> >

> > Using the info I posted above, which I believe is irrefutable (please supply corrections if I've erred), and being completely objective, is the Sigil of Nullification in a "good place or not"?

> >

> >

> I don't know and it doesn't matter; being in 'academic' mode to justify changes to the game because you have to extrapolate makes little sense to me. In the end, we actually play this game, not analyze it like a business case ... so the real analysis is more practical.

>

> This is what I know:

>

> 1. All players have the choice to buy the sigils for this gear.

> 2. The barrier isn't availability (not yet anyways); it's cost. This isn't an exception case. That's true for most of the gear in this game.

> 3. We don't have enough data to suggest one way or the other if things are 'in a good place' ... unless you have an agenda to push.

This is what I know, if they made the changes I've suggested, this thread wouldn't exist, and the only people who would complain are those who paid through the nose to get these sigils quickly right after the patch dropped. Nobody else would have a problem with it, even those who bought all the existing stock at 3s as they still would be able to turn a profit (just not as large as one). My way everyone wins except those who didn't wait / jumped at the chance of a deal.

Arguing for arguing's sake is a waste of time. I don't need to be told that water isn't wet and the sky isn't blue.; It's a free country and you're entitled to your misconceptions.

Altogether I've wasted enough time and energy on an issue that doesn't affect me. I'm out.

> @"ShaunIOW.1672" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"ShaunIOW.1672" said:

> > > If the sigils were just for the armour skins I wouldn't give a toss as it's ugly and I'll never use it BUT it pisses me off that the cost is preventing me completing a collection for AP's and consequently other achievements linked to it. The convergence of Sorrow II requiem is worth 10AP's and is needed for the main A Star To Guide Us mastery which is needed to complete the palawa staff collection achievement. So this issue isn't just affecting getting pointless skins but game progression, especially as the longer you play the harder it is to get AP's - its already next to impossible to get the required AP's to finish the Hellfire set without adding further hindrances.

> >

> > The collections tied to it don’t give AP.

> >

> > There are more than enough achievement for the episode to complete that mastery achievement without doing this one.

>

> 10 APs for the requiem collection, and there aren't enough to finish the main mastery as some of the achievements rely on speed and dexterity which precludes me due to arthritis in my hands, so i can forget the griffin ring events and the run around one.

That’s not a limitation due to the collection but an external factor. You need 38 achievements completed out of like 60 or so. I’ll have to view the achievement and count how many items were on the checklist. The point is that there are more than enough achievements where this collection isn’t even necessary. I also have a slight belief that this collection may not even count in the first place and only the first one did.

I forgot about the one for the three sets so there’s that. What I was referring to were the ones for the individual pieces.

> @"ShaunIOW.1672" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"ShaunIOW.1672" said:

> > > If the sigils were just for the armour skins I wouldn't give a toss as it's ugly and I'll never use it BUT it pisses me off that the cost is preventing me completing a collection for AP's and consequently other achievements linked to it. The convergence of Sorrow II requiem is worth 10AP's and is needed for the main A Star To Guide Us mastery which is needed to complete the palawa staff collection achievement. So this issue isn't just affecting getting pointless skins but game progression, especially as the longer you play the harder it is to get AP's - its already next to impossible to get the required AP's to finish the Hellfire set without adding further hindrances.

> >

> > The collections tied to it don’t give AP.

> >

> > There are more than enough achievement for the episode to complete that mastery achievement without doing this one.

>

> 10 APs for the requiem collection, and there aren't enough to finish the main mastery as some of the achievements rely on speed and dexterity which precludes me due to arthritis in my hands, so i can forget the griffin ring events and the run around one.

There's 54 achievements that count towards 'A Star to Guide us Mastery'. We'll straight up deduct 1 for CoS:Requiem. (53)

Minus the Adventure and Griffon races, you're left with 47 Achievements.

Minus the Achievements where there's a time limit, or quick movements/reactions, ('Raptor Out', 'Faster than a Speeding Bullet', 'Finders Inner Keepers', 'Is it over yet?' 'Fragments I have Shored' 'Pod Smasher' and I'll stretch to 'Claws to the Wall' even though it's clearly telegraphed).

You're now left with 40, easy achievements. And you need 38 to complete the Master Achievement for AP and Joko's Staff Head. So still a little wiggle room.

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > >

> > > > Availability ... and NO data we have access to will tell you if that's in a good place or not.

> > >

> > > Then in the absence of data we must resort to extrapolation.

> > >

> > > Sigils that can be crafted from harvestable/salvageable mats, or mats purchased off the TP + Sigils available for purchase from NPC vendors.

> > > vs.

> > > Sigil that can only be obtained by hitting LV 64, random result from putting 4 sigils in the Mystic Forge, or salvageable from Exotic weapons that drop randomly in game.

> > >

> > > You need 25 sigils in order to complete a collection that is available to any player who engages in the LS content.

> > >

> > > Using the info I posted above, which I believe is irrefutable (please supply corrections if I've erred), and being completely objective, is the Sigil of Nullification in a "good place or not"?

> > >

> > >

> > I don't know and it doesn't matter; being in 'academic' mode to justify changes to the game because you have to extrapolate makes little sense to me. In the end, we actually play this game, not analyze it like a business case ... so the real analysis is more practical.

> >

> > This is what I know:

> >

> > 1. All players have the choice to buy the sigils for this gear.

> > 2. The barrier isn't availability (not yet anyways); it's cost. This isn't an exception case. That's true for most of the gear in this game.

> > 3. We don't have enough data to suggest one way or the other if things are 'in a good place' ... unless you have an agenda to push.

>

> This is what I know, if they made the changes I've suggested, this thread wouldn't exist, and the only people who would complain are those who paid through the nose to get these sigils quickly right after the patch dropped. Nobody else would have a problem with it, even those who bought all the existing stock at 3s as they still would be able to turn a profit (just not as large as one). My way everyone wins except those who didn't wait / jumped at the chance of a deal.

>

> Arguing for arguing's sake is a waste of time. I don't need to be told that water isn't wet and the sky isn't blue.; It's a free country and you're entitled to your misconceptions.

>

> Altogether I've wasted enough time and energy on an issue that doesn't affect me. I'm out.

Sure, but Anet's goal isn't to make sure 'this thread doesn't exist' by implementing you suggestions, so that has no bearing on the discussion. Whatever they are, Anet has reasons for doing what they did, so casting those aside and assuming they were 'wrong' or 'dumb' isn't a compelling argument for changing it without knowing exactly what those reasons are. I'm not arguing for arguing sake any more than you are.

The fact is that this game (and no other I've ever played) isn't one where players provide 'solutions' to the game devs to implement as a democracy based on the 'best' argument or idea with the expectation they do it because 'we said so'. I doubt that THIS is the starting point of such a system either. It's not about how great player ideas are, or who wins. I have no misconceptions about what I stated... they are true and I'm convinced that those simple facts are very related to the topic and how it affects what Anet does or doesn't do to address this problem.

What we are talking about in this thread is a practical issue, not an academic one. That means it's about players having access to making the armor ... which they do because of the facts I stated. It's really hard to think from that POV, there is any problem here that Anet needs to address without us having access to more information, which we don't have to make that conclusion. YOu can extrapolate all you want, but that doesn't mean it has any link to what is true ingame, which is what is relevant here.

> @"CETheLucid.3964" said:

> TP barons and the people who logged in earliest post-patch got a hold of the existing supply and made major bank.

>

> The current price is what players are willing to pay for it and despite complaints about the supply given the GW2Efficiency numbers, I'm willing to bet many of those thousands of accounts also have tons of tomes of knowledge a vast magnitude over the current ~325K number being thrown around for the sigils needed VS current demand.

>

> Not counting the ones GW2Efficiency doesn't know about. The current supply on the TP isn't reflective of the actual supply or the fact that thousands of players can conjure up the sigils with their tomes.

>

> It sucks that the process is convoluted and that savvy players are going to take advantage of that, but that's the market for you. You don't have to pay that though. It's a convenience fee imposed by the players on other players.

>

> Part of me wants Anet to intervene... but is that a precedent you want to set? Player outrage dictating the market? GW2 has a pretty great economy overall, we (and Anet) probably don't want to screw that up.

>

> > @"Pirindolo.9427" said:

> > See? I told you guys. Everything is working as intended, and there won't be any changes. Never.

>

> They could still change their mind and intervene but yeah the Oct 2nd patch didn't change anything. Still wouldn't say never, but I get you're being cheeky because that particular day didn't pan out. Cheers.

I feel like it's irresponsible to have the most reliable source of *any* item be tied to creating, leveling, and deleting characters. This would be a flaw just by itself. The whole collection issue just shined a massive spotlight right on it.

TP flippers will always be TP flippers, and usually they are relatively harmless to the economy of the game. The fact that these items got flipped for such an insane profit is simply a part of the spotlight shining on the item.

Many people are complaining about the spotlight instead of the real issue. The real issue is that there are items in the game whose source are not aligned to the item. Why was this the only reliable source for this particular sigil? It can't be bought in the game like the dungeon or HoT sigils.

This sigil, and all the other sigils that can't be crafted or bought, need an additional source added to the game to prevent something like this from happening again. Either assign them as random drops to specific world bosses or events, or add recipes for them, or even make the recipes drop from something. If something drops from a specific event, then at least people know what to focus on to get what they want instead of running around and hoping they get lucky with an exotic weapon or repeatedly creating and deleting characters.

Like, if they were added to the new shatterer.

If it were a guaranteed drop: people could log in once a day at a predictable time to participate in the event and it would still take them nearly a month. If they were lucky they could get a couple from exotic drops and be able to get 25 sooner, or if they got impatient or didn't want to do the new meta they could buy the rest.

If it only had a 50% chance of dropping: increase the time it would take people to nearly 2 months, still including chances for lucky exotics or getting tired and buying them.

A 25% chance or lower and you now have even more of a reason for people to keep coming back to the map and doing this big event well after the release of the associated story.

And that's just assuming it's attached to shatterer instead of one of the other events like the one with the hydra or the one in the garrison.

Those who have the will to do the event every day get what they want, and can sell extras they receive. People who get tired of daily events can just buy the sigils.

> @"ShaunIOW.1672" said:

Check out Dulfy.net. There are some hidden achievements tied primarily to Sun's Refuge. And some of the story steps, namely the Sniper mission, has been nerfed a bit, which should make those associated achievements easier, especially if you do it with a group.

Tying the Superior Sigil of Nullification to the Shatterer event would be a good way to encourage a steady stream of supply and an in-game method to acquire them apart from the bork system of auto-leveling and deleting a character for them.

> @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > @"CETheLucid.3964" said:

> > TP barons and the people who logged in earliest post-patch got a hold of the existing supply and made major bank.

> >

> > The current price is what players are willing to pay for it and despite complaints about the supply given the GW2Efficiency numbers, I'm willing to bet many of those thousands of accounts also have tons of tomes of knowledge a vast magnitude over the current ~325K number being thrown around for the sigils needed VS current demand.

> >

> > Not counting the ones GW2Efficiency doesn't know about. The current supply on the TP isn't reflective of the actual supply or the fact that thousands of players can conjure up the sigils with their tomes.

> >

> > It sucks that the process is convoluted and that savvy players are going to take advantage of that, but that's the market for you. You don't have to pay that though. It's a convenience fee imposed by the players on other players.

> >

> > Part of me wants Anet to intervene... but is that a precedent you want to set? Player outrage dictating the market? GW2 has a pretty great economy overall, we (and Anet) probably don't want to screw that up.

> >

> > > @"Pirindolo.9427" said:

> > > See? I told you guys. Everything is working as intended, and there won't be any changes. Never.

> >

> > They could still change their mind and intervene but yeah the Oct 2nd patch didn't change anything. Still wouldn't say never, but I get you're being cheeky because that particular day didn't pan out. Cheers.

>

> I feel like it's irresponsible to have the most reliable source of *any* item be tied to creating, leveling, and deleting characters. This would be a flaw just by itself. The whole collection issue just shined a massive spotlight right on it.

>

> TP flippers will always be TP flippers, and usually they are relatively harmless to the economy of the game. The fact that these items got flipped for such an insane profit is simply a part of the spotlight shining on the item.

>

> Many people are complaining about the spotlight instead of the real issue. The real issue is that there are items in the game whose source are not aligned to the item. Why was this the only reliable source for this particular sigil? It can't be bought in the game like the dungeon or HoT sigils.

>

> This sigil, and all the other sigils that can't be crafted or bought, need an additional source added to the game to prevent something like this from happening again. Either assign them as random drops to specific world bosses or events, or add recipes for them, or even make the recipes drop from something. If something drops from a specific event, then at least people know what to focus on to get what they want instead of running around and hoping they get lucky with an exotic weapon or repeatedly creating and deleting characters.

>

You're not wrong. I agree. I liked the idea by Ayrilana earlier about throwing them into the Serpent's Ire meta. Or maybe as Halloween loot from Mad King Thorn (or Joko should he show up, how ironic would it be to be able to complete the set through him? lol)

Adding them to the Undead Shatterer event would be good too.

> @"Sanity Obscure.6054" said:

> > @"CETheLucid.3964" said:

> > Adding them to the Undead Shatterer event would be good too.

> Agreed, and even a drop rate comparable to an exotic weapon or armor would greatly incentivize playing that event for a prolonged time.

>

That alone would drop the price considerably, especially if it was given as a possible event reward for that event alone(not tied to the large daily chest).

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> Supply has been increasing and the price appears to be going down. Still a little too early to be certain though.

Back up a touch again today. I think yesterday's dip may have just been ppl dumping stock to buy gems for the new gem store merch . . .

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"Hanth.2978" said:

> > There is no way Anet will put in a fix so that these sigils can be crafted or obtained on the cheap, too many people have already spent 5g 10g or even 15g to finish these collections. For Anet to do that now would just be a slap in the face to those people who grinded that gold in order to buy them.

> Adding halloween skins to forge results probably was a slap to the face to anyone that bought one for 1000s of gold when TP was their only source. And that's only one example. Consider birthday dye kits, or nodes+recent black lion tokens, for some others. They also had no compulsion to introducing new, easier sources for named exotics for PoF specialization weapon collections (that made the prices of those tank on TP).

>

> So, you were saying?

>

>

Too easy, Halloween skins were not being traded at the capacity as these Sigils. Barons were the few who could actually purchase those skins in the 1000's, not casuals who make up by far the largest population of this game. You bring up nodes, fair point but how long were nodes expensive until tokens became a thing? Yeah exactly a very long long time and no quick fix was implemented to decrease the price.

So, as I was saying we still have exotic weapons on the TP that sell for 500-600g and it's been that way for a long time. Maybe anet introduces a recipe so we can craft them, that would be great but it won't be cheap. Don't get your hopes up it's gonna be a few gold to craft.

> @"EmeraldNight.4307" said:

> > @"Hanth.2978" said:

> > There is no way Anet will put in a fix so that these sigils can be crafted or obtained on the cheap, too many people have already spent 5g 10g or even 15g to finish these collections. For Anet to do that now would just be a slap in the face to those people who grinded that gold in order to buy them.

>

> they have already slapped people who want to get this armor skin real hard. what's the big deal to slap those who already made it once again?

So two wrongs make a right? I don't think that way, pretty sure most of us don't either. I don't think anet are clueless, they have the vision to see what's going to happen once these skins became available to craft. We have thousands of players who will want it, at 25 per set with only 15k that were in the TP at the time. Plenty of people have said this is anet driving up the prices of sigils and they succeeded, if you look at the market other sigils have gone up too. We have exotic weapons that have costed 500g on the TP for years, years. You think anet will mind a set of armor costing 300g?

> @"Eliphas.4862" said:

> > @"Hanth.2978" said:

> Well, clearly those people were confortable enough to pay that price, why would they feel bad if they willingly gave their gold to the barons, even if they knew it was a rip off, they are part of the problem in the first place.

It's not a perfect system, cannot argue that. Let's face it this is not the first time barons manipulated the market, we've seen it before and anet's seen it before. Anet knew what was going to happen and they did it anyways, driving up the price of sigils. Anet has the data, they see people willing to spend 100's of gold for an exotic weapon, exotic precursor, a dye etc. What's done is done, I understand people are not happy about what happened but it happened. As we speak people are buying those sigils at 14g-15g and they continue to because they want the skins.

> @"Hanth.2978" said:

> > @"Eliphas.4862" said:

> > > @"Hanth.2978" said:

> > > There is no way Anet will put in a fix so that these sigils can be crafted or obtained on the cheap, too many people have already spent 5g 10g or even 15g to finish these collections. For Anet to do that now would just be a slap in the face to those people who grinded that gold in order to buy them.

> > Well, clearly those people were confortable enough to pay that price, why would they feel bad if they willingly gave their gold to the barons, even if they knew it was a rip off, they are part of the problem in the first place.

>

> It's not a perfect system, cannot argue that. Let's face it this is not the first time barons manipulated the market, we've seen it before and anet's seen it before. Anet knew what was going to happen and they did it anyways, driving up the price of sigils. Anet has the data, they see people willing to spend 100's of gold for an exotic weapon, exotic precursor, a dye etc. What's done is done, I understand people are not happy about what happened but it happened. As we speak people are buying those sigils at 14g-15g and they continue to because they want the skins.

what pisses me off is people were able to complete the collection then drive up the price so im to be punished cuz i didnt burn through the collection in a set amount of time? thats what happen here

> @"xXMapcoXx.9614" said:

> > @"Hanth.2978" said:

> > > @"Eliphas.4862" said:

> > > > @"Hanth.2978" said:

> > > > There is no way Anet will put in a fix so that these sigils can be crafted or obtained on the cheap, too many people have already spent 5g 10g or even 15g to finish these collections. For Anet to do that now would just be a slap in the face to those people who grinded that gold in order to buy them.

> > > Well, clearly those people were confortable enough to pay that price, why would they feel bad if they willingly gave their gold to the barons, even if they knew it was a rip off, they are part of the problem in the first place.

> >

> > It's not a perfect system, cannot argue that. Let's face it this is not the first time barons manipulated the market, we've seen it before and anet's seen it before. Anet knew what was going to happen and they did it anyways, driving up the price of sigils. Anet has the data, they see people willing to spend 100's of gold for an exotic weapon, exotic precursor, a dye etc. What's done is done, I understand people are not happy about what happened but it happened. As we speak people are buying those sigils at 14g-15g and they continue to because they want the skins.

>

> what pisses me off is people were able to complete the collection then drive up the price so im to be punished cuz i didnt burn through the collection in a set amount of time? thats what happen here

It's fair to be pissed and i get it, I wish I finished it fast too so I could have scooped up 1k myself to make gold. I was lucky to have friends who warned me ahead of time and I bought them when they were just at 2g. I do think anet will eventually introduce a system to get them I just don't think it will be anytime soon, too many people are buying them right now. Also and maybe people don't realize this, many are using Tomes of Knowledge to get these lvl 64 alts up. I don't know if you wvw but we have lots' of those, I don't mean a few stacks I mean 1000's of them in our banks.