This is Taking Too Long. Why?

Banono.4597

At the start of the year I was so stoked to hear about the revamp to WvW. I expected it to take some time, but this long? Playing the game's PvE has made me want to WvW and so I come to the forums hoping to see an update and there was. Too bad the update was just "Yeah... We are working on it... doing stuff and things. We'll tell you when we got something interesting to share.". Really? I was expecting this to be getting ready for beta at this time and launching soon. So I ask why? Not why are you taking a long time to make this complex system of guilds and alliances, but why are you making a complex system of guilds and alliances? Keep it simple, Stupid.

I have seen suggestions like merging servers/ removing a tier and that sounds great. My suggestion has always been taking ESO's approach which is making a couple campaigns and letting players pick from those. I'm not picky I just want to play in a populated campaign of WvW while I wait for Camelot Unchained and Crowfall.

If you guys want to do this big grand alliance system that takes over a year to get right then keep at it and throw it in later, but at this rate no one is going to be around to see what you guys have in mind.

> @"Banono.4597" said:

> At the start of the year I was so stoked to hear about the revamp to WvW. I expected it to take some time, but this long? Playing the game's PvE has made me want to WvW and so I come to the forums hoping to see an update and there was. Too bad the update was just "Yeah... We are working on it... doing stuff and things. We'll tell you when we got something interesting to share.". Really? I was expecting this to be getting ready for beta at this time and launching soon. So I ask why? Not why are you taking a long time to make this complex system of guilds and alliances, but why are you making a complex system of guilds and alliances? Keep it simple, Stupid.

>

> I have seen suggestions like merging servers/ removing a tier and that sounds great. My suggestion has always been taking ESO's approach which is making a couple campaigns and letting players pick from those. **I'm not picky I just want to play in a populated campaign of WvW while I wait for Camelot Unchained and Crowfall.**

>

> If you guys want to do this big grand alliance system that takes over a year to get right then keep at it and throw it in later, but at this rate no one is going to be around to see what you guys have in mind.

Just LOL on the bolded part. You want them to hurry up while you wait for release of other games. GG...

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> I wouldn't be surprised if CU, Crowfall and the WvW update all release around the same time.

> Gaming companies love doing that kinda stuff

that would be bad move for gw2.

i mean wvw update is just alliance system which is gonna be crap.

if wvw update would be something like old gw2 core map with 3 "alliances" fighting all over map capping parts of tyria id say it would be somewhat interesting but still the combat system etc stays same so nothing new really.

but nope we get alliance system while guilds can soak up to 300 players? so ~2 guilds can make up for 2 complete servers (wvw wise servers) i mean i doubt any server has over 300 people actively playing WvW only

so all in all this alliance system is just gonna be another step into terrible direction for WvW. linking was stupid the linked servers lose all their identity some people enjoyed their own little server for small scale fights some other enjoyed blob fighting right now everything turns into blob fight. but w/e

I am banking on Camelot being better than Crowfall, but I ain't loyal to game companies. Whoever puts out a product I enjoy more gets my time and money.

@"Blocki.4931" I am giving my opinion on the changes. Which is it is awesome what you guys say you are doing, but when I check the forums and see even people from Blackgate saying "where is everyone?" then there needs to be something done sooner rather than later.

> @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > @"Banono.4597" said:

> > At the start of the year I was so stoked to hear about the revamp to WvW. I expected it to take some time, but this long? Playing the game's PvE has made me want to WvW and so I come to the forums hoping to see an update and there was. Too bad the update was just "Yeah... We are working on it... doing stuff and things. We'll tell you when we got something interesting to share.". Really? I was expecting this to be getting ready for beta at this time and launching soon. So I ask why? Not why are you taking a long time to make this complex system of guilds and alliances, but why are you making a complex system of guilds and alliances? Keep it simple, Stupid.

> >

> > I have seen suggestions like merging servers/ removing a tier and that sounds great. My suggestion has always been taking ESO's approach which is making a couple campaigns and letting players pick from those. **I'm not picky I just want to play in a populated campaign of WvW while I wait for Camelot Unchained and Crowfall.**

> >

> > If you guys want to do this big grand alliance system that takes over a year to get right then keep at it and throw it in later, but at this rate no one is going to be around to see what you guys have in mind.

>

> Just LOL on the bolded part. You want them to hurry up while you wait for release of other games. GG...

Not the first time we hear that. In fact we've heard it every year since 2013. "When Camelot Unchained release next year it's gonna kill WvW!".

> @"reddie.5861" said:

> > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > I wouldn't be surprised if CU, Crowfall and the WvW update all release around the same time.

> > Gaming companies love doing that kinda stuff

>

> that would be bad move for gw2.

You think CU isn't gonna be a mess when it launches?

Crowfall's gonna be great out of the gate? xD That'd fly in the face of history.

GW2 can compete with a "new and improved" working WvW that has an existing playerbase. They'll even poach disappointed people from the other titles as the patches and fixes drag on, and on, and on.........

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > @"reddie.5861" said:

> > > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > I wouldn't be surprised if CU, Crowfall and the WvW update all release around the same time.

> > > Gaming companies love doing that kinda stuff

> >

> > that would be bad move for gw2.

>

> You think CU isn't gonna be a mess when it launches?

> Crowfall's gonna be great out of the gate? xD That'd fly in the face of history.

> GW2 can compete with a "new and improved" working WvW that has an existing playerbase. They'll even poach disappointed people from the other titles as the patches and fixes drag on, and on, and on.........

>

I am cool with that and that is a very likely scenario. We saw it with Bless. I just want something in the interim. It can use the tech we got now to keep those still playing the game mode more consolidated while they do the big change. I just hate the idea of nothing being done until then. Despite what my boy Blocki thinks I can read that this is a far off thing.

Currently my siege MMO is ESO just because it is populated and I can almost always find big fights on Vivec, but I would gladly drop ESO's crappy combat and performance issues for a popping map on GW2.

The obvious answer to the question is that they believe there's more money to be made by focusing resources elsewhere. They've got a pretty stable formula for generating pve content with attendant sellable cash shop fluff while they have never been able to figure out monetization of wvw past transfers. Seems an obvious choice of priorities to me.

> @"Banono.4597" said:

> At the start of the year I was so stoked to hear about the revamp to WvW. I expected it to take some time, but this long? Playing the game's PvE has made me want to WvW and so I come to the forums hoping to see an update and there was. Too bad the update was just "Yeah... We are working on it... doing stuff and things. We'll tell you when we got something interesting to share.". Really? I was expecting this to be getting ready for beta at this time and launching soon. So I ask why? Not why are you taking a long time to make this complex system of guilds and alliances, but why are you making a complex system of guilds and alliances? Keep it simple, Stupid.

>

> I have seen suggestions like merging servers/ removing a tier and that sounds great. My suggestion has always been taking ESO's approach which is making a couple campaigns and letting players pick from those. I'm not picky I just want to play in a populated campaign of WvW while I wait for Camelot Unchained and Crowfall.

>

> If you guys want to do this big grand alliance system that takes over a year to get right then keep at it and throw it in later, but at this rate no one is going to be around to see what you guys have in mind.

Beta? ANet? ???

Yeah, it is taking too long. And Alliances are still probably at least another 6 months away, if not much longer.

Looking forward to Camelot Unchained and Crowfall also. But they have a ton of work to do to catch up to ANET. Don't see them beating ANET with their tech. GW2 is very fast and fluid. A joy to play. It takes a lot of coding resources to create that kind of gameplay.

WvW's problem though isn't the tech, it's the meta game. ANET's metagame is absolute garbage. Stack to win, period. If Camelot or Crowfall succeed it will be because they have a better metagame.